PDA

View Full Version : Your vintage favourite action figure from 80s to 90s?

toon shredder
05-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi there,
I was wondering about which my favourite action figures would be and I thought maybe you would like to post YOUR TOP 5 ONES from the 80s to the 90s. Thanks turtles!!:D

toon shredder
05-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Here are my favourite:
TMNT: Toon Shredder
MOTU: Horde Trooper
MOTU: Shadow Weaver
The adventure of Dai: Killburn
The Adventure of Dai: Mistburn

AT-Man
05-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Slash (TMNT)
Mosquitor (MOTU)
Modulok (MOTU)
Leech (MOTU)
Saurod (MOTU)

MOTU has so many great ones so it's very hard to pick, but Mosquitor is the greatest one of them. I like Slash probably the most of any figures ever, he's a turtle, he's evil and he's got 4 weapons, which are all twisted versions of TMNT's weapons.

I want to mention also the Mighty Max series, it had some kick ass toys! I'm so glad I still own Magus with all parts intact. My favorite was the Temple of Venom, it sucks most of the parts of it are missing now.

I never played much with Transformers so I can't list them, but I have a headless Scorponok and even like that it was cool as hell! I'd like to get a mint copy of that one.

edit: the Four Horsemen's new Mosquitor is the tits! I can only imagine how cool he would've been in the show :(

http://www.afhub.com/images/motu/mosquitor.jpg

AT-Man
05-08-2011, 09:12 AM
TMNT: Toon Shredder

I was really disappointed with this one as a kid, his pose was awkward and he could only hold his sword, wasn't able to get him pose like he was actually fighting/slashing with it.

toon shredder
05-08-2011, 10:35 AM
I was really disappointed with this one as a kid, his pose was awkward and he could only hold his sword, wasn't able to get him pose like he was actually fighting/slashing with it.

Well, I remember when I was a child and I had the blue helmet version one. This made feel sad when I played with my toys inventing stories as in the cartoons as he was quite different and I loved the evil bosses of my toys.

I didnt know about Toon shredder till some years ago and I bought it to have the one that is more similar to the character in the series. The pose was something I didnt like when I was a child but now I see it original and cool as well.

Good selection the one of mosquitor I adore the MOTU vintage series, mainly the Evil Horde, for that reason I bought one Shadow Weaver, as it is Hordak's right hand and a quite interesting character.

rufus
05-08-2011, 01:47 PM
1. Power of the Force 2 Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker
2. Batman 89 Batman
3. Donatello tmnt
4. Beast Wars Transformers: Megatron
5. Star Trek: The Next Generation Worf.

toon shredder
05-08-2011, 01:55 PM
1. Power of the Force 2 Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker
2. Batman 89 Batman
3. Donatello tmnt
4. Beast Wars Transformers: Megatron
5. Star Trek: The Next Generation Worf.

Good ones!!
My brother has the Luke Skywalker one.:)

Well another of the favourites I have to mention would be our beloved Scratch. Why do I love the most difficult to find? It has happened with the previous five I posted first.:cry:

AT-Man
05-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Good selection the one of mosquitor I adore the MOTU vintage series, mainly the Evil Horde, for that reason I bought one Shadow Weaver, as it is Hordak's right hand and a quite interesting character.

It's a tie with Evil Horde and Snake Men for me, but I just now noted that most of my favorites came from the Horde. I would have chosen some Snake Men also, but I think all of them are equally good. I saw just few episodes of She-Ra back then, so Shadow Weaver and others of the Horde that were on the show, weren't so familiar to me, and I don't think we ever got them in stores.

I think I have the first season of She-Ra in my drive, mebbe I gotta give it a watch finally.

Samhain
05-08-2011, 02:38 PM
1. DragonZord
2. Pokemon Mini figures (I had 100s)
3. POTF Yoda
4. Turtle party wagon
5. Stretch armstrong/Vac Man

Ah, the memories.

toon shredder
05-08-2011, 03:55 PM
It's a tie with Evil Horde and Snake Men for me, but I just now noted that most of my favorites came from the Horde. I would have chosen some Snake Men also, but I think all of them are equally good. I saw just few episodes of She-Ra back then, so Shadow Weaver and others of the Horde that were on the show, weren't so familiar to me, and I don't think we ever got them in stores.

I think I have the first season of She-Ra in my drive, mebbe I gotta give it a watch finally.

Well, Shadow Weaver only appeared in She-ra. In fact the Shadow Weaver toy was never produced, the toy was the following figure to be released though. For that reason a French store bought the license to continue with the sculpt and I bought it to complete my Horde.

toon shredder
05-08-2011, 03:57 PM
1. DragonZord
2. Pokemon Mini figures (I had 100s)
3. POTF Yoda
4. Turtle party wagon
5. Stretch armstrong/Vac Man

Ah, the memories.

Toys make our memories of times (without worries) to remain alive.:P