PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Fall Schedule and cancelled shows

Raph's Girl
05-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Well the Fall schedule is about to be announced next week by the various nextworks. But first there's the various announcements of shows that have unfortunatly (or fortunatly?) been cancelled...

The following shows have been cancelled by our good friends at FOX:
Breaking In
Traffic Light
Lie to Me
Human Target
Chicago Code

Really sad to see Breaking In cancelled. It had such potential. *sighs* Never saw an ep of Traffic Light or Chicago Code. :/

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49596

Sword Slicin' Leo
05-12-2011, 01:39 PM
well whejn "outsourced" got moved to 10:30 i figured uit was coming but i heard that got cancelled last month...least they get to finish season...hopefully make dvd too...i love that show

TheCanadiandrome
05-12-2011, 01:50 PM
to bad about Breakin In. i never even saw it

Roseangelo
05-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Breaking In was a horrible show that tried to be part of a genre that no one working on the show clearly knew anything about.

Raph's Girl
05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
well whejn "outsourced" got moved to 10:30 i figured uit was coming but i heard that got cancelled last month...least they get to finish season...hopefully make dvd too...i love that show

Outsourced is currently on the bubble. We'll know next week if it's cancelled or not. The only show NBC has said anything about is Chuck, which was renewed. But as I said. We'll know for sure next week (Monday to be exact).

ssjup81
05-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Well the Fall schedule is about to be announced next week by the various nextworks. But first there's the various announcements of shows that have unfortunatly (or fortunatly?) been cancelled...

The following shows have been cancelled by our good friends at FOX:
Breaking In
Traffic Light
Lie to Me
Human Target
Chicago Code

Really sad to see Breaking In cancelled. It had such potential. *sighs* Never saw an ep of Traffic Light or Chicago Code. :/

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49596
Wow. I live underneath a boulder. I've never heard of either of those shows.

Storm Eagle
05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Okay, No Ordinary Family is likely as good as dead, but I wish ABC would just make its fate known already. A South African publication reported it being canceled, but ABC themselves need to just say something dammit.

None of the three CSIs have been announced to have been renewed, but the word is that CSI: NY is the one most likely to go. From what I read, however, the season finale that will premiere this Friday is more or less designed to serve as a series finale, should it end up being that. If that's true, then it's cool with me if CSI: NY doesn't come back. Surely the original CSI will be back. Miami will have to come back for a new season this fall since the season finale was a cliffhanger. Man they need to stop doing that.

I also await news on the fate of Mike and Molly, but I'm sure that's safe.

The Simpsons just won't die, but hey, it makes Sunday nights fun. Yes, even to this day.

Jester
05-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Wait...Lie to Me is no more? I never watched it but my parents seemed to like it.

What the heck is Breaking In?
An eclectic team of geniuses and "legitimate" thieves who work at a high tech security firm are assigned to break into various security systems by their owners in an attempt to find any flaws in said systems.
Wow...sounds terrible.

Raph's Girl
05-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Wait...Lie to Me is no more? I never watched it but my parents seemed to like it.

What the heck is Breaking In?

Wow...sounds terrible.

Plot sounds terrible but it was actually funny and full of references to various tv shows, movies, and comics. Heck last week they had an ep at Comic Con where they had to protect a CD of Goonies 2 only for Michelangelo to steal it.... :lol: Plus, Michael Rosenbaum was in the show!

Roseangelo
05-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Plot sounds terrible but it was actually funny and full of references to various tv shows, movies, and comics. Heck last week they had an ep at Comic Con where they had to protect a CD of Goonies 2 only for Michelangelo to steal it.... :lol: Plus, Michael Rosenbaum was in the show!

Throwing around "references" doesn't make a show good or funny. The Comic-Con episode was a horrible attempt to appeal to a built-in audience.

Jester
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Throwing around "references" doesn't make a show good or funny.
Prime Example: Fox's animated "comedy" Family Guy.

Roseangelo
05-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Prime Example: Fox's animated "comedy" Family Guy.

Ugh, seriously. Probably the worst offender of them all.

BubblyShell22
05-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Hey, I like Family Guy even to this day. Yeah, it may not be perfect, but I really enjoy watching it. The Simpsons needs to die though. I like the classic eps, but the newer ones just seem to fall flat every time.

TheCanadiandrome
05-13-2011, 11:00 AM
i'm glad that Family Guy and Cleaveland Show got renewed! as for Simpsons, it's not goin anywhere any time soon. plus it carries well for Fox's Sunday Night Animation Domination; American Dad, Simpsons, Bob's Burger, Family Guy, Cleaveland Show

hey Raph's Girl, is there any news from other Networks yet?

The Stryker
05-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Prime Example: Scott Pilgrim

Fixed.

American Dad sticking around is all I need to know.

Spitfire
05-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Fox is crap. All the good shows are on AMC. A network that clearly cares about quality.

BubblyShell22
05-13-2011, 12:33 PM
I love Bob's Burgers, too, Canadian. It's actually a pretty good show. The mom cracks me up.

Raph's Girl
05-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Looks like Chuck was renewed for a 5th and FINAL season. The Event tho was cancelled after 1 season and apperantly 17th Precinct wasn't picked up.

Jurassic
05-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Found out yesterday that NBC axed Wonder Woman before it even got to air. Must have been horrible writing or acting to kill it before airing.

Raph's Girl
05-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Aaand more shows get the axe!! No Ordinary Family and V are both gone.

http://www.ksitetv.com/6467/the-cancellation-bloodbath-continues-say-goodbye-to-no-ordinary-family/

http://visitorsite.net/

Shows picked up tho:
Charlie's Angels
Grimm (Cops and the world of fairy tales! This will air on NBC)
Once Upon A Time (can we handle 2 diff nextworks airing shows about fairy tales? This one is about Snow White's daughter in the modern world and will air on ABC)

The Stryker
05-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Found out yesterday that NBC axed Wonder Woman before it even got to air. Must have been horrible writing or acting to kill it before airing.

Or superhero shows aren't doing too great right now.

wilddiverse
05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Shows picked up tho:
Once Upon A Time (can we handle 2 diff nextworks airing shows about fairy tales? This one is about Snow White's daughter in the modern world and will air on ABC)

Huh. Wonder how these will compare to the still-developing FABLES series based on the Vertigo comic.

Jurassic
05-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Shows picked up tho:

If this is based of the Grimm Fairy Tales series it could be interesting. As risqué as the comic book is it could be an interesting series to follow. I know it's going to be on NBC so that might kill most of what I'm talking about now.

Raph's Girl
05-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Oooh dear. Brothers and Sisters got cancelled.

Meanwhile here's some of the casting for Once Upon A Time:

Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket

Robert Carlysle as Rumplestilskin... so nice that he got a job so quickly after Stargate Universe got canned. From Dr. Nicholas Rush to Rumplestilskin. :lol:

Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White

Jennifer "Im Capt Kirk's Mommy!" Morrison as Emma, Snow White's bounty hunter daughter.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49640

Peanut
05-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Fixed.

Or it would be fixed if the references weren't just a backdrop in Scott Pilgrim, as opposed to the entire point of the show, like Family Guy.

Honestly, the fact that there are 3 middling Seth McFarlane animated shows on Fox instead of ONE Arrested Development is enough to make me hate all of them.

Storm Eagle
05-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Aaand more shows get the axe!! No Ordinary Family and V are both gone.

http://www.ksitetv.com/6467/the-cancellation-bloodbath-continues-say-goodbye-to-no-ordinary-family/

http://visitorsite.net/

Well there you go. NOF is dead.

Soon I'll get to see if tonight's CSI: NY episode will be the last.

Raph's Girl
05-13-2011, 05:05 PM
The following shows have been cancelled:
Off the Map
Mr. Sunshine
Detroit 187
Better With You.

Meanwhile Happy Endings has been renewed.. WTF is Happy Endings?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/ABC-Pilots-Charlies-Angels-1033047.aspx

Also, We'll be seeing Christina Ricci this fall in a tv series set in the 60's about PanAm Stewardesses while we'll also see Bruce "Im Batman!" Greenwood (he's Batman in Young Justice) in The River. A series about an adventurer who goes missing in the Amazon and his family goes to find him.

Sage Ninja
05-13-2011, 08:48 PM
oh man I love CSI New York, and one of my favorite actresses just joined the cast, I'd be bummed if it is indeed the last episode of the series.

Guitar_Raph
05-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Can't believe No Ordinary Family along with Brothers & Sisters is gone. I liked that Ordinary Family from the start, even my parody of Superhero Family.

27 years ago, Mighty Orbots lost out to Muppet Babies & Smurfs while No Ordinary got clobbered by Glee, NCIS, and what NBC called that show (pardon the pun), The Biggest Loser. Lightning strikes twice for ABC! Those shows were a victim of cirumstance, nyuk nyuk, nyuk!

I can just imagine what the Powells would do after that CIA agent asked them to join them in ther crusade.

CIA AGENT: Will you join us, Powells?
(They think about it)
STEPHANIE: I gotta look for a new job since my boss passed away (zooms off).
DAPHNE: My boyfriend's waiting to pick me up. I got a date with him.
JIM: JJ & I got a project we've been waiting to do.
JJ: You mean? (Jim winks his eye at JJ) Cool!
JIM: Get yourself a new team, we've been cancelled!

In the Powell's garage, Jim's playing a cool drum solo on a set of drums. Then JJ joins in playing a killer guitar solo.

JJ: Fight fire with fire! Screw you Glee!

JJ sings a cool song during their jam session.

Redeemer
05-14-2011, 07:18 AM
My old roomate watched no ordinary family and I saw a few episodes, I thought it was interesting, but I was to busy with video games and of course my studies.....

TheCanadiandrome
05-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Looks like Chuck was renewed for a 5th and FINAL season.

well that's good, but only one more season..well guess not too surprised. what's the latest on Supernatural?

Raph's Girl
05-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Aaand here we go! NBC's schedule:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Fall-TV-Schedule-1033114.aspx

MONDAY
8-10 p.m. — The Sing-Off
10-11 p.m. — The Playboy Club (NEW)

TUESDAY
8-10 p.m. — The Biggest Loser
10-11 p.m. — Parenthood

WEDNESDAY
8-8:30 p.m. — Up All Night (NEW)
8:30-9 p.m. — Free Agents (NEW)
9-10 p.m. — Harry's Law
10-11 p.m.— Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

THURSDAY
8-8:30 p.m. — Community
8:30-9 p.m. — Parks and Recreation
9-9:30 p.m. — The Office
9:30-10 p.m. — Whitney (NEW)
10-11 p.m. — Prime Suspect (NEW)

FRIDAY
8-9 p.m. — Chuck
9-10 p.m. — Grimm (NEW)
10-11 p.m. — Dateline NBC

SATURDAY
Encore programming

SUNDAY
7- 8:15 p.m. — Football Night in America
8:15-11:30 p.m. — NBC Sunday Night Football

Mid season:

SUNDAY

7-8 p.m. - "Dateline NBC"
8-10 p.m. - "The Celebrity Apprentice"
10-11 p.m. - "THE FIRM"

MONDAY

8-10 p.m. - "The Voice"
10-11 p.m. - "SMASH"

Some mid-season shows are The Voice (yeah..that got renewed), 30 Rock, and Smash as well as "Are You There Vodka, it's Me Chelsea", "Awake", "BFF", and "Bent"

'GRIMM' -- "Grimm" is a new drama series inspired by the classic Grimm's Fairy Tales. Remember the fairy tales your parents used to tell you before bedtime? Those weren't stories -- they were warnings. Nick Burkhardt (David Guintoli "Turn The Beat Around") thought he prepared himself for the realities of working as a homicide detective until he started seeing things he couldn't quite explain. When his ailing Aunt Marie (guest star Kate Burton, "Grey's Anatomy") arrives, Nick's life turns upside down when she reveals they are descendants of an elite group of hunters, also known as "Grimms," who fight to keep the balance of humanity safe from the supernatural creatures of the world. As Nick digs deeper into her past, he realizes that he will have to shoulder the responsibility of his ancestors -- and contend with a larger-than-life mythology of the Brothers Grimm that is now all too real. Russell Hornsby ("Lincoln Heights"), Bitsie Tulloch ("Quarterlife"), Silas Weir Mitchell ("Prison Break"), Reggie Lee ("Persons Unknown") and Sasha Roiz ("Caprica") also star.

'PRIME SUSPECT' -- Based on the critically acclaimed British television series of the same name, "Prime Suspect" has been redeveloped for American audiences by writer Alexandra Cunningham ("Desperate Housewives," "NYPD Blue"), director Peter Berg (NBC's "Friday Night Lights") -- and stars Maria Bello ("A History of Violence") as tough-as-nails Detective Jane Timoney. Timoney finds that being a homicide detective in New York City is tough enough and having to contend with a male-dominated police department to get respect makes it that much tougher. She's an outsider who has just transferred to a new precinct dominated by an impenetrable clique of a boys' club. Timoney has her own vices too -- with a questionable past -- and she tends to be forceful, rude and reckless. But she's also a brilliant cop who keeps her eye on one thing: the prime suspect. Also starring are Aidan Quinn ("Unknown"), Brian O'Byrne ("Flash Forward"), Tim Griffin ("Star Trek"), Kirk Acevedo ("Fringe"), Joe Nieves ("How I Met Your Mother"), Damon Gupton ("The Last Airbender") and Peter Gerety ("Blue Bloods").

'THE PLAYBOY CLUB' -- From Academy Award-winning executive producer Brian Grazer, "The Playboy Club" is a provocative new drama about a time and place that challenged the social mores, where a visionary entrepreneur created an empire and an icon changed American culture. It's the early '60s, and the legendary Playboy Club in Chicago is the door to all of your fantasies -- and the key is the most sought-after status symbol of its kind. Inside the seductive world of the bunny, the epitome of beauty and service, the clientele rubs shoulders with the decade's biggest mobsters, politicos and entertainers. Nick Dalton (Eddie Cibrian, "CSI: Miami") is one of the city's top attorneys and the ultimate playboy, rubbing elbows with everyone in the city's power structure. With mysterious ties to the mob, Nick comes to the aid of Maureen (Amber Heard, "Zombieland"), the stunning and innocent new bunny who accidentally kills the leader of the Bianchi crime family. Dating Nick is Carol-Lynne (Laura Benanti, "Take the Lead"), a bombshell and established star at the club who knows her days as a bunny are numbered and finds herself continually at odds with Billy (David Krumholtz, "Numb3rs"), the club's general manager. Adding to the charm of the Playboy club is Janie (Jenna Dewan Tatum, "American Virgin"), the carefree life of the party who is dating Max (Wes Ramsey, "CSI: Miami"), an overly protective bartender. Also starring are Naturi Naughton ("Fame") and Leah Renee ("True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet").

'SMASH' -- "Smash" is a musical drama that celebrates the beauty and heartbreak of the Broadway theater as it follows a cross-section of dreamers and schemers who all have one common desire -- to be a "Smash." The series centers on a desire to create a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe -- written by the successful songwriting duo of Tom (Tony Award nominee Christian Borle, "Legally Blonde: The Musical") and Julia (Emmy Award winner Debra Messing, "Will & Grace"). Julia recently began the process of adopting a child with her husband of many years, but her focus is torn when she has the opportunity to write another Broadway hit. A rivalry soon forms for the lead role between a youthful, inexperienced Midwestern beauty (Katharine McPhee, "American Idol") -- who is trying to find fame in the big city against all odds -- and stage veteran (Megan Hilty, "9 to 5: The Musical"), who's determined to leave the chorus line and finally get her big break. A tenacious producer Eileen (Oscar winner, Anjelica Huston, "Prizzi's Honor") discovers the "Marilyn" project and jumps on board with a brilliant director (Jack Davenport, "Pirates of the Caribbean" films) -- whose talent is matched by his cunning and egocentric amorality. The series stemmed from an idea of executive producer and multiple Emmy and Oscar winner Steven Spielberg ("ER," "Schindler's List").

And here's some videos of some of the new shows (about the only one Im interested in is Grimm).

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/05/15/video-nbcs-new-series-trailers-for-the-2011-12-season-619010/20110515nbc02/

Jester
05-15-2011, 02:00 PM
So from reading this...I should just watch NBC for SVU and maybe the Voice.

Roseangelo
05-15-2011, 02:12 PM
So from reading this...I should just watch NBC for SVU and maybe the Voice.

What? No love for The Office or 30 Rock? :tcry:

Raph's Girl
05-15-2011, 02:28 PM
More on NBC's new shows:

'AWAKE' -- "Awake" is an intriguing drama about a detective (Jason Issacs, "Harry Potter," "Brotherhood") who finds he is leading an arduous double life that defies reality. When Detective Michael Britten (Issacs) regains consciousness following his family's car accident, he is told that his wife Hannah (Laura Allen, "Terriers") perished but that his teen son, Rex (Dylan Minnette, "Saving Grace"), has survived. As he tries to put the pieces of his life back together, he awakens again in a parallel reality in which his wife is very much alive -- but his son Rex died in the accident. In order to keep both of his loved ones alive at one time, he begins living two dueling realities in parallel worlds, which churns up confusion -- in one moment, Michael and his wife debate about having another child to replace their son, while in the other reality, he is attracted to his son's tennis coach, Tara (Michaela McManus, "The Vampire Diaries"), to fill the void from the loss of his wife. Trying to regain some normalcy, Michael returns to police work and solves crimes in both worlds with the help of two different partners -- Detective Isaiah "Bird" Freeman (Steve Harris, "The Practice") and Detective Efrem Vega (Wilmer Valderrama, "That '70s Show"). Also starring are Emmy Award winner Cherry Jones ("24") and BD Wong (NBC's "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit") as therapists in each respective world.

'THE FIRM' -- Based on the blockbuster feature film and best-selling novel by world-renowned author John Grisham ("The Pelican Brief," "The Client"), "The Firm" continues the story of attorney Mitchell McDeere and his family 10 years after the events of the film and novel. As a young associate, McDeere brought down the prestigious Memphis law firm of Bendini, Lambert & Locke, which operated as a front for the Chicago mob -- and his life was never the same. After a difficult decade, which included a stay in the Federal Witness Protection program, Mitch and his family now emerge from isolation to reclaim their lives and their future -- only to find that past dangers are still lurking and new threats are everywhere. (note: They haven't even cast anybody for this yet!)

'WHITNEY' -- A hilarious look at modern love, "Whitney" is a new multi-camera comedy series about Whitney (Whitney Cummings, "Chelsea Lately") and Alex (Chris D'Elia, "Glory Daze"), a happily unmarried couple. Together for five years, the duo is in no rush to get hitched. However, after attending yet another one of their friends' weddings, Whitney realizes that she and Alex are dangerously close to relationship boredom. Determined not to let that happen, Whitney consults her close circle of opinionated girlfriends -- including Lily (Zoe Lister-Jones, "The Other Guys") and Roxanne (Rhea Seehorn, "The Starter Wife") -- and then snaps into action. A few awkward sexy costumes and one botched seductive evening later, the couple ends up in the emergency room. Even so, Whitney and Alex realize that while their relationship might not be perfect on paper, they really do love each other -- and that works for them. Also starring are Maulik Pancholy (NBC's "30 Rock") as Lily's perfect boyfriend, and Dan O'Brien ("How I Met Your Mother") as an eternal bachelor.

'UP ALL NIGHT' -- From Emily Spivey (NBC's "Parks and Recreation," NBC's "Saturday Night Live") and legendary Emmy Award-winning producer Lorne Michaels, comes "Up All Night," a modern take on parenthood that shows the challenges of balancing a career, marriage and a new baby. Christina Applegate ("Samantha Who?") stars as Reagan, a successful public relations executive, and Will Arnett ("Arrested Development") plays Chris, Reagan's supportive, stay-at-home husband. The two have just become parents - a surprise that has set their lives on a new path as responsible adults -- for the most part. Maya Rudolph ("Saturday Night Live," "Bridesmaids") stars as Ava, Reagan's outlandish boss and best friend, whose whirlwind social escapades serve as constant reminders of Reagan's former carefree life. James Pumphrey ("High Road") portrays Brian, Reagan's socially awkward hipster assistant

'FREE AGENTS' - "Free Agents" is a crooked workplace/romantic new comedy from creator John Enbom ("Party Down") and Emmy Award-winning director Todd Holland ("Malcolm in the Middle") based on the cult U.K. series of the same name that explores the trials and tribulations of two public relations executives on the rebound. Alex (Hank Azaria, "The Simpsons," "Huff") is newly divorced and can barely keep himself together while his co-worker Helen (Kathryn Hahn, "Hung") thinks she has it together but is obsessed with her deceased fiancé and actually is falling apart. Then a drunken Alex and Helen end up in bed together, and in the resulting sober confusion, Helen decides that they should only be friends. Meanwhile Alex's co-workers, Dan (Mo Mandel, "Love Bites," "Modern Family") and Gregg (Al Madrigal, "Wizards of Waverly Place," "Gary, Unmarried"), and Stephen (Anthony Head, "Merlin," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") fail in their attempts to help him get back out on the dating scene. When Alex finally agrees to a date, Helen gets a little jealous, and he gets cold feet, so they end up back where they started -- in a casual, intimate and beautifully awkward relationship. Also starring is Joe Lo Truglio ("Backwash," "Mad Love") and Natasha Leggero ("Ugly Americans," "'Til Death").

'ARE YOU THERE VODKA? IT'S ME, CHELSEA' -- Inspired by the best-selling book from comedienne/talk show host Chelsea Handler ("Chelsea Lately"), the new comedy "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea," follows the exploits of twentysomething bartender Chelsea (Laura Prepon, "That '70s Show") a strong-willed force of nature who is determined to live life to the fullest and make no apologies. Her friends are along for the ride but they all know it is Chelsea's way or the highway. Mark (Jo Koy, "Chelsea Lately") is a charming bartender whose wit makes him the perfect foil for Chelsea while Shoniqua (Angel Laketa Moore, "ER") is a smart and sassy fellow waitress who looks out for Chelsea's best interests. Close friend and fellow bartender Todd (Mark Povinelli, "Water for Elephants") has a wry sense of humor that keeps her in check. Also starring are Natalie Morales (NBC's "Parks and Recreation") as Ivory, Chelsea's feisty best friend; Lauren Lapkus ("The Middle") as Dee Dee, Chelsea's sheltered, shy roommate, and Lenny Clarke ("Rescue Me") as Chelsea's dad, Melvin. Handler has a recurring role as Chelsea's sister Sloan, a happily married new mom who has little in common with her carefree sister.

'BEST FRIENDS FOREVER' -- "Best Friends Forever" is a single-camera comedy that takes a look at what happens when best friends promise to support each other -- no matter what the cost or circumstances. When Jessica's (Jessica St. Clair, "In the Motherhood") husband files for divorce, she immediately seeks comfort and flies across the country to move back in with her best friend, Lennon (Lennon Parham, "Accidentally on Purpose"). Unfortunately, Lennon's boyfriend, Joe (Adam Pally, "Happy Endings"), has just moved into the apartment and has turned Jessica's old room into his perfect home office. As Lennon and Jessica fall into their old routines -- beloved traditions, Steel Magnolia marathons and epic girl-talk sessions -- Joe begins to feel as if he's the odd man out. While Lennon struggles to find balance between her previous life with Jessica and her new life with Joe, Jessica's reentry to single life is complicated by the unresolved feelings that an old friend, Rav (Stephen Schneider, "The Funniest Movie Ever...Just Kidding"), has for her and the fact that pleated khakis aren't the most flattering single girl look.

'BENT' -- "Bent" is a new romantic comedy about two people who suddenly find themselves attracted to the qualities that typically repel them. On the surface, Alex (Amanda Peet, "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip") and Pete (David Walton, "Perfect Couples") could not be more different. The recently divorced Alex is a resilient and tough lawyer who now is raising her eight-year-old daughter, Charlie (Joey King, "Ramona and Beezus"), as a single mom. Unwilling to let anything get in her way, she downsizes into a smaller house, and she hires Pete, a recovering gambling addict and unapologetic womanizer, as the contractor to re-do her kitchen. The remodeling job is Pete's last chance to prove that he is no longer a screw-up -- but he doesn't know what's about to hit him when he encounters the force of nature that is Alex -- nor does she realize that she's met her match in Pete, a man unafraid to call out her flaws. Jeffrey Tambor ("Arrested Development") also stars as Pete's father, Walt, an out-of-work actor, while Margo Harshman ("Sorority Row") stars as Alex's wild younger sister Screwsie. (Screwsie?? WTF?!)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2011/05/15/nbc-unveils-fall-primetime-schedule-for-2011-12-season-407413/20110515nbc01/

BubblyShell22
05-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Maybe The Office hasn't been renewed yet. They may still be negotiating with that one. Things'll change once everything's confirmed.

Jester
05-15-2011, 02:32 PM
What? No love for The Office or 30 Rock? :tcry:
Just never watched them...if I had maybe.

Raph's Girl
05-15-2011, 02:46 PM
CBS has cancelled the following:

*%&(* My Dad Says (thank the gods! That show was stupid!)
The Defenders (never saw an ep. Once I saw that Jerry O'Connell was in it I knew it would be cancelled)
Mad Love (Well at least Jason Biggs can now just focus on the new TMNT series...)

http://www.tvguide.com/news/CBS-Cancels-Dad-Defenders-1033125.aspx

Guitar_Raph
05-15-2011, 08:24 PM
The last time I saw Margo Harshman was when did she did Run of the House (with Joey Lawrence). But she's known as Tawny of Even Stevens.

Wilmer Valderrama doing a drama? Guess he completed his construction on Handy Manny.

Jurassic
05-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Mad Love (Well at least Jason Biggs can now just focus on the new TMNT series...)

I think he's more concerned with making the last American Pie movie...yes they are making a last movie with all the original cast. At least most of them. I don't think they can get Chris Klein to commit for this. Everyone else has already said yes they were in.

BubblyShell22
05-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Meh, I don't watch NBC really, and I only watch CBS for The Amazing Race.

Duke
05-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Honestly, the fact that there are 3 middling Seth McFarlane animated shows on Fox instead of ONE Arrested Development is enough to make me hate all of them. THIS

Also NBC really doesn't know how to run a network anymore do they?

TheCanadiandrome
05-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Meh, I don't watch NBC really, and I only watch CBS for The Amazing Race.

i don't watch NBC for other than Chuck, and i've not watched CBS in years. i don't watch ABC much either

Raph's Girl
05-16-2011, 04:01 PM
And here's FOX. Altho America's Most Wanted is on the list the show is cancelled. No new episodes will be airing. The episodes that will be airing will be reruns.

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM TERRA NOVA (new)
9:00-10:00 PM HOUSE

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM GLEE
9:00-9:30 PM NEW GIRL (wt) (new)
9:30-10:00 PM RAISING HOPE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:30 PM THE X FACTOR Performance Show (new)
9:30-10:00 PM I HATE MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER (wt) (new)

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE X FACTOR Results Show (new)
9:00-10:00 PM BONES

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM KITCHEN NIGHTMARES
9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS
8:30-9:00 PM COPS
9:00-10:00 PM ENCORES / AMERICA'S MOST WANTED (specials)

SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM THE OT (NFL post-game)
7:30-8:00 PM THE CLEVELAND SHOW
8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS
8:30-9:00 PM ALLEN GREGORY (new)
9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY
9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

FOX MIDSEASON 2012 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE (All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE
9:00-10:00 PM ALCATRAZ (new)

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM GLEE
9:00-9:30 PM NEW GIRL (wt) (new)
9:30-10:00 PM RAISING HOPE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:30 PM AMERICAN IDOL Performance Show
9:30-10:00 PM I HATE MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER (wt) (new)

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL Results Show
9:00-10:00 PM THE FINDER (new) / BONES (spring)

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM KITCHEN NIGHTMARES
9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS
8:30-9:00 PM COPS
9:00-10:00 PM ENCORES / AMERICA'S MOST WANTED (specials)

SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM ANIMATION DOMINATION (encores)
8:30-9:00 PM NAPOLEON DYNAMITE (new)
9:30-10:00 PM BOB'S BURGERS

THE X FACTOR
Simon Cowell returns to FOX in the award-winning international phenomenon THE X FACTOR. This new competition series, hosted by Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones, gives viewers the opportunity to help choose the next global superstar or breakout music group. THE X FACTOR judges will travel the nation searching for undiscovered talent 12 years old or over - both solo artists and vocal groups - who are willing to brave the panel for a chance to make their dreams come true. Auditions for THE X FACTOR were held this spring in Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Newark, NJ; Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; and Dallas, TX. In a departure from other singing competition series, the first time a contestant auditions for judges Simon Cowell, Antonio "L.A." Reid, Cheryl Cole and Paula Abdul, he/she will do so in front of an audience of thousands - raising the stakes and increasing the pressure to impress not only the judges, but also a potential legion of fans. This will be the ultimate test to prove they have the vocal ability, charisma and stage presence it takes to become a global superstar or breakout music act and win a $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music. Those contestants who survive the first auditions graduate to "boot camp" and will be divided into four categories. Each category will be mentored by one of the show's judges. Not only is it a competition between the hopefuls to stake their claim for the coveted win, but it's also a showdown among the judges as to whose acts will dominate the competition and make it to the finals. The judges may have their say in how the competition progresses, but it will be up to America to decide who ultimately has THE X FACTOR.

I HATE MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER (working title) is a new multi-camera comedy about two best friends who are single moms struggling to raise their difficult and over-privileged teenage daughters. ANNIE (Emmy Award winner Jaime Pressly, "My Name Is Earl") and NIKKI (Tony Award winner Katie Finneran, "Wonderfalls") are former high school outcasts whose pasts inform their current parenting styles. Annie, who was raised in an ultra-strict, uber-religious household where she had little-to-no freedom, pretty much allows her daughter, SOPHIE (Kristi Lauren, "You"), to do whatever she wants. Nikki, once an unpopular, overweight social pariah, has reinvented herself as a pretty Southern belle whose top priority is providing her daughter, MACKENZIE (Aisha Dee, "Dead Gorgeous"), with the childhood she never had. Sophie and Mackenzie are also best friends, which leads to a lot of co-parenting for Annie and Nikki. They have given the girls everything they asked for and everything they never had: clothes, money and self-esteem. The unintended consequence is they have created two mean girls just like the ones who tortured them years ago. Sophie finds her mother embarrassing and mocks her at every opportunity, but she secretly needs her mom and knows that her behavior is not always appropriate. Mackenzie, on the other hand, is the more manipulative of the daughters - she knows how to work her mother's insecurities to her benefit. Annie's ex-husband, MATT (Eric Sheffer Stevens, "As The World Turns"), wants to be a good parent, but is too clueless to know what that even means. That leaves his brother, JACK (Kevin Rahm, "Desperate Housewives," "Judging Amy"), an attractive, high-powered attorney, to serve as more of a father figure for Sophie. Jack's meddling would annoy Annie more if she didn't have such a crush on him. GARY (Chad Coleman, "The Wire"), Nikki's ex, also tries to help raise his challenging daughter, but the couple's complicated relationship often makes his involvement more difficult. As their daughters begin to experience their first high school dances and other life-changing teen events, Annie and Nikki are often reminded of their own tortured adolescent years. But when Sophie and Mackenzie's mean-girl antics cross the line, the moms quickly realize that they must, for the first time, dole out some real punishment and fix what is broken. They have no idea how to do that, but they do know one thing: They can't do it without each other.

NEW GIRL (working title) is a new single-camera comedy from Liz Meriwether ("No Strings Attached") that features a young ensemble cast and takes a fresh and outrageous look at modern male/female relationships. JESS DAY (Zooey Deschanel, "(500) Days of Summer") is an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Goofy, positive, vulnerable and honest to a fault, Jess has faith in people, even when she shouldn't. Although she's dorky and awkward, she's comfortable in her own skin. More prone to friendships with women, she's not used to hanging with the boys - especially at home. Of the three male roommates, NICK (Jake Johnson, "No Strings Attached") is the most grounded. He had big plans for life, but somewhere along the way, he stopped caring and became a bartender. Usually the smartest guy in the room, he has an uncanny knack for reading people and uses humor to deflect everyone and everything. SCHMIDT (Max Greenfield, "Ugly Betty") is a hustling young professional who fancies himself a modern-day Casanova. Though his heart is usually in the right place, he's always scheming ways to climb the social ladder and is driven by an immature and almost obsessive urge to be on "the scene." Viewing Jess as a gateway into the elusive female mind, as well as a personal project, Schmidt encourages the guys to bring Jess into the apartment. The third roommate, COACH (Damon Wayans Jr., "The Underground"), is a former high school athlete who currently makes his living as a personal trainer. Set in his ways and with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude to dating, Coach is most comfortable when he's in the gym. Though he'll never admit it, Coach's macho athletic exterior is actually a cover for his shyness around women, and he struggles to translate his personal confidence into conversation, preferring to speak in sports metaphors - or not at all. Rounding out this group is Jess' childhood best friend, CECE (Hannah Simone, "Beautiful People"), a deadpan, somewhat cynical model who blossomed after outgrowing her promiscuous adolescent years. She has the street smarts Jess lacks and spends a lot of time doling out no-nonsense relationship advice that only a professional model could give. She and Jess balance each other well and accept each other despite their faults, making Cece the perfect complement to Jess. As their relationships progress, the five friends come to realize they need each other more than they ever thought they would and end up forming a charmingly dysfunctional family.

Raph's Girl
05-16-2011, 04:13 PM
ALLEN GREGORY is a new animated comedy series that tells the story of one of the most pretentious 7-year-olds of our time. When he looks in the mirror, ALLEN GREGORY DE LONGPRE (Jonah Hill, "Superbad," "Get Him to the Greek") doesn't see a child. He sees a young man who is intelligent, sophisticated, worldly, artistic and romantic - characteristics he inherited from his doting father, RICHARD (French Stewart, "Private Practice," "3rd Rock from the Sun"). The pair share an extraordinary father-son bond - a bond that is sometimes annoyingly interrupted by Richard's life partner, JEREMY (Nat Faxon, THE CLEVELAND SHOW, "Reno 911!"), for whom Allen Gregory has minimal respect, if any at all. They live together in a stunning architectural loft, along with JULIE (Joy Osmanski, "Grey's Anatomy"), Allen Gregory's adopted Cambodian sister. Although Allen Gregory has allegedly composed operas, written novels and dated Chloe Sevigny, he's about to embark on his greatest challenge yet: leaving the safety of his father's homeschooling and attending elementary school with children his own age. His journey will be a struggle, not only with the other kids at school, but with the faculty as well. Whether it's the all-out rivalry with GINA WINTHROP (guest voice Leslie Mann, "Funny People"), his by-the-book second grade teacher; his unique relationship with JUDITH GOTTLIEB (guest voice Renée Taylor, "How I Met Your Mother"), his 68-year-old principal; or his desperate desire to be best friends with JOEL ZADAK (guest voice Jake Johnson, "Get Him to the Greek"), the school's popular stud, Allen Gregory has his work cut out for him. With the help of his trusty friend and assistant, PATRICK VANDERWEEL (Cristina Pucelli, "Finley the Fire Engine"); and the support of SUPERINTENDENT STEWART ROSSMYRE (Will Forte, "Saturday Night Live"), who believes the De Longpres are a tremendous asset to the school, Allen Gregory won't have to get his hands too dirty. ALLEN GREGORY is about an outsider. And while he may put on a tough exterior, deep down, all Allen Gregory wants is to fit in. Well, that, and for Julie to run away and never be seen or heard from again. And Jeremy too.

(Boy Meets World: The Animated Series?)

TERRA NOVA follows an ordinary family on an incredible journey back in time to prehistoric Earth as a small part of a daring experiment to save the human race. In the year 2149, the world is dying. The planet is overdeveloped and overcrowded, with the majority of plant and animal life extinct. The future of mankind is in jeopardy, and its only hope for survival is in the distant past. When scientists at the FERMI Particle Accelerator unexpectedly discovered a fracture in time that made it possible to construct a portal into primeval history, the bold notion was born to resettle humanity in the past - a second chance to rebuild civilization and get it right this time. The series centers on the Shannon family as they join the Tenth Pilgrimage of settlers to Terra Nova, the first colony established in this beautiful yet foreboding land. JIM SHANNON (Jason O'Mara, "Life on Mars"), a devoted father with a checkered past, guides his family through this new world of limitless beauty, mystery and terror. Jim's wife, ELISABETH (Shelley Conn, "Mistresses"), is a trauma surgeon and the newest addition to Terra Nova's medical team. JOSH (Landon Liboiron, "Degrassi: The Next Generation") is their 17-year-old son who is angry to leave life as he knows it behind; upon arriving at the settlement, he finds himself instantly drawn to the beautiful and rule-breaking SKYE (Allison Miller, "Kings"). MADDY (Naomi Scott, "Life Bites"), Josh's endearingly awkward 15-year-old sister, hopes Terra Nova will give her a chance to reinvent herself. Although Elisabeth's medical training secured the family a spot on the pilgrimage, a secret involving their five-year-old daughter, ZOE (newcomer Alana Mansour), soon endangers their place in this utopia. Upon the Shannons' arrival, they are introduced to COMMANDER NATHANIEL TAYLOR (Stephen Lang, "Avatar"), the charismatic and heroic first pioneer and leader of the settlement. Taylor warns the travelers that while Terra Nova is a place of new opportunities and fresh beginnings, all is not as idyllic as it initially appears. Along with blue skies, towering waterfalls and lush vegetation, the surrounding terrain is teeming with danger - and not just of the man-eating dinosaur variety. There is also a splinter colony of renegades led by the battle-hardened MIRA (Christine Adams, "TRON: Legacy"), who is vehemently opposed to Taylor and his leadership. Even more threatening than what lies outside the protective walls of the colony is the chilling possibility that something sinister is happening inside Terra Nova. The Shannons will come to suspect that not everyone on this mission has the same idea of how to best save mankind; in fact, there may be forces intent on destroying this new world before it even begins.

THE FINDER

Iraq war veteran WALTER SHERMAN (Geoff Stults, "She's Out of My League") gained a reputation while serving in the Army Military Police as someone who was very good at tracking down insurgents, deserters and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). Unfortunately, Walter found one IED just moments before it found him. Two months later, when Walter woke from his coma, he earned an honorable discharge and returned home. His resulting brain damage from the explosion transformed him from someone skilled at recovering people and things into something much more extraordinary: a Finder. From the creator of the hit series BONES comes THE FINDER, the new one-hour procedural centering on a remarkable man who uses his unique gift to help others recover what they've lost. Walter may have left the military, but his reputation as a discreet professional who can unearth anything and anyone has been passed on to generals, politicians and other powerful figures. His first post-military assignment was to find the CIA head honcho's missing daughter and bring her home. Walter did both, and since then has never been without an assignment. After settling in Key West, Walter met the beautiful and worldly IKE LATULIPPE (Saffron Burrows, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent"), a woman with a mysterious past and many hidden skills. She tends bar at The Ends of the Earth, which also serves as a makeshift office and home base for Walter. Walter helped Ike escape a dangerous life, and for that, she is eternally grateful. Another island denizen dedicated to Walter is LEO KNOX (Michael Clarke Duncan, "The Green Mile"), once an obese lawyer who, after the deaths of his wife and children, completely reinvented himself into a gentle giant, philosopher and Walter's legal advisor. Because of his skills, Walter is often asked to find a person or a thing that law enforcement either will not or cannot find. With the help of Ike and Leo, as well as a patchwork of indebted connections, he and his team ultimately find meaning in their own lives by finding something or someone other people have lost.

(I saw the uh "pilot" of this a couple weeks ago. I was hoping Michael Clarke Duncan would still be in the cast! This show has some potential and I liked what I saw...even if it was an ep of Bones.)

ALCATRAZ

When San Francisco Police Department DET. REBECCA MADSEN (Sarah Jones, "Sons of Anarchy") is assigned to a grisly homicide case, a fingerprint leads her to a shocking suspect: JACK SYLVANE (guest star Jeffrey Pierce, "The Nine"), a former Alcatraz inmate who died decades ago. Given her family history - both her grandfather and surrogate uncle, RAY ARCHER (Robert Forster, "Jackie Brown"), were guards at the prison - Madsen's interest is immediately piqued, and once the enigmatic, knows-everything-but-tells-nothing government agent EMERSON HAUSER (Sam Neill, "Jurassic Park") tries to impede her investigation, she's doggedly committed. Madsen turns to Alcatraz expert and comic book enthusiast, DR. DIEGO "DOC" SOTO (Jorge Garcia, "Lost"), to piece together the inexplicable sequence of events. The twosome discovers that Sylvane is not only alive, but he's loose on the streets of San Francisco, leaving bodies in his wake. And strangely, he hasn't aged a day since he was in Alcatraz, when the prison was ruled by the iron-fisted WARDEN EDWIN JAMES (Jonny Coyne, "Undercovers") and the merciless ASSOCIATE WARDEN E.B. TILLER (Jason Butler Harner, "The Changeling"). Madsen and Soto reluctantly team with Agent Hauser and his technician, LUCY BANERJEE (Parminder Nagra, "ER"), to stop Sylvane's vengeful killing spree. By delving into Alcatraz history, government cover-ups and Rebecca's own heritage, the team will ultimately discover that Sylvane is only a small part of a much larger, more sinister present-day threat. For while he may be the first, it quickly becomes clear that Sylvane won't be the last prisoner to reappear from Alcatraz. Through the course of the investigation, Madsen and Soto will learn that Agent Hauser has known about the prison's secret history and has been awaiting the prisoners' return. Soto will witness his life's work - the history of Alcatraz - come alive. Madsen will be forced to keep her supportive San Francisco cop fiancé, JIMMY DICKENS (Santiago Cabrera, "Heroes"), at arm's length from the highly classified assignment as she sees everything she thought she knew about her family's past shattered, all while fighting to keep the country safe from history's most dangerous criminals.

(time travel?)

Raph's Girl
05-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Based on the hit film, NAPOLEON DYNAMITE is an animated series that follows the continuing adventures of America's most awesome awkward teenager and his quirky family and friends as they struggle to navigate small-town life in rural Idaho. The original cast from the film - Jon Heder, Aaron Ruell, Efren Ramirez, Tina Majorino, Sandy Martin, Jon Gries and Diedrich Bader - will voice their characters in the series, and many new characters will be added along the way. NAPOLEON DYNAMITE (Heder) is a 16-year-old boy convinced - for no apparent reason - that he is destined for greatness and blessed with unlimited "sweet abilities." He spends his days practicing ninja moves, drawing ligers, soul dancing and bragging about his "girlfriend in Oklahoma" whom nobody has ever seen. Napoleon's brother, KIP (Ruell), is an unemployed 32-year-old who lives at home and believes he would be an amazing catch for any girl who would respond to his online come-ons. The Dynamite brothers live with GRANDMA (Martin), a crusty woman who can often be found four-wheeling with her lady friends at the local sand dunes. Napoleon's allies include PEDRO (Ramirez), his unflappable best friend who has recently been elected class president; and DEB (Majorino), an incredibly sweet girl who sees the good in Napoleon and dreams of someday being his wife. Napoleon's UNCLE RICO (Gries) lives out of an orange custom van, where he obsesses over his botched high school football career and dreams up ways to become rich and famous. Then there's REX KWON DO (Bader), a self-proclaimed martial-arts master who runs the local dojo. Guest voices in the debut season include Jennifer Coolidge ("American Pie," "Legally Blonde"), Sam Rockwell ("Choke") and Jemaine Clement ("Flight of the Conchords").

(Napoleon Dynamite the Animated series?? Really? WTF?!)

TOUCH

From writer/creator Tim Kring ("Heroes," "Crossing Jordan") and executive producers Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope comes TOUCH, a preternatural drama in which science and spirituality intersect with the hopeful premise that we are all interconnected, tied in invisible ways to those whose lives we are destined to alter and impact. Through masterful storytelling, the series follows a group of seemingly unrelated characters - beginning with a former firefighter tormented by his inability to save a dying woman, an Iraqi teenager who will go to great risks to help his family, a gifted singer whose actions at a karaoke bar save lives thousands of miles away and a British businessman desperately trying to retrieve a key piece of information from his lost mobile phone - who affect each other in ways seen and unseen. At the center is MARTIN BOHM (Kiefer Sutherland, "24"), a widower and single father, haunted by an inability to connect to his mute, severely autistic 10-year-old son, JAKE. Caring, intelligent and thoughtful, Martin has tried everything to reach his son who shows little emotion and never allows himself to be touched by anyone, including Martin. Jake busies himself with cast-off cell phones, disassembling them and manipulating the parts, allowing him to see the world in his own special way. After multiple failed attempts at keeping Jake in school, Martin is visited by social worker CLEA HOPKINS, who insists on doing an evaluation of the Bohms' living situation. Although new at her job, Clea sees a man whose life has become dominated by a child he can no longer control. She believes his attempts to communicate with Jake are just wish fulfillment, and determines that it's time for the state to intervene. But everything changes when Martin discovers that Jake possesses a gift of staggering genius - the ability to see things that no one else can, the patterns that connect everything. Jake is indeed communicating after all. But it's not with words, it's with numbers. And now he needs Martin to decipher their meaning and connect these numbers to the cast of seemingly unrelated characters whose lives they affect. Along the way, Martin will be guided by BORIS PODOLSKY, a discredited aging professor who offers Martin a compelling but unorthodox theory about Jake and his rare ability. Whether it be chance, coincidence, timing, synergy or fate, there are events that touch us all, as part of an interconnected, dazzlingly precise universe.

(Nice to see Keifer got a job after 24....Seems like an interesting show)

Trailers for some of the new FOX shows:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/05/16/video-fox-fall-preview-2011-12-upfront-trailers-748310/20110516fox02/

Jester
05-16-2011, 04:17 PM
SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM ANIMATION DOMINATION (encores)
8:30-9:00 PM NAPOLEON DYNAMITE (new)
9:30-10:00 PM BOB'S BURGERS
Wait...the movie premiered in 2004 and now, some 7 years later we're get a series? Thanks Fox.

I guess there's precedent with 10 Things I Hate About You, but the info I've found has the TV Dynamite listing the same cast....Oh boy...it airs Sunday on Fox...will this be animated...like the short lived Clerks series!?
EDIT: Further research shows....it's Napoleon Dynamite: THE ANIMATED SERIES!!! Oye!
Further editing: Man I'm slow, while I was Typing Raph's Girl was copying and pasting show info.
Yet another edit: What happened to LaFaunda?

discordiatookie
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
And here's FOX. Altho America's Most Wanted is on the list the show is cancelled. No new episodes will be airing. The episodes that will be airing will be reruns.

Won't that lead to confusion? Hey, there's that guy who committed that crime that we saw on America's Most Wanted! Call the cops!... only to find out that he's already been arrested and done his time for that crime that he did commit. :P

Yeah i'm being silly, i'm sure they'll only do reruns on the villains who haven't been caught yet...

BubblyShell22
05-17-2011, 11:04 AM
I'll probably check out Touch if nothing else interferes with that time slot. But other than that, I'm not going to watch any of those other new shows. They just don't interest me.

Raph's Girl
05-17-2011, 12:08 PM
ABC's upfront is today but before that there's some announcements from CBS - CSI NY is renewed but joining the cancelled pile is Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior (an apperant spin-off of Criminal Minds that I never heard about...and I actually like Criminal Minds...)

But now onto ABC:

MONDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars"
10:00 p.m. "Castle"

TUESDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Last Man Standing"
8:30 p.m. "Man Up"
9:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show"
10:00 p.m. "Body of Proof"

(When Dancing with the Stars Ends Cougar Town and a new show called Apartment 23 will be in the Tuesday Time Slot)

WEDNESDAY:
8:00 p.m. "The Middle"
8:30 p.m. "Suburgatory"
9:00 p.m. "Modern Family"
9:30 p.m. "Happy Endings"
10:00 p.m. "Revenge"

THURSDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Charlie's Angels"
9:00 p.m. "Grey's Anatomy"
10:00 p.m. "Private Practice"

FRIDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"
9:00 p.m. "Shark Tank"
10:00 p.m. "20/20"

SATURDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Saturday Night College Football"

SUNDAY:
7:00 p.m. "America's Funniest Home Videos"
8:00 p.m. "Once Upon a Time"
9:00 p.m. "Desperate Housewives"
10:00 p.m. "Pan Am"

So Once Upon A Time is airing on Sunday at the Extreme Makeover old time slot while Extreme Makeover is moved to Friday! Are they trying to kill Extreme Makeover??

"CHARLIE'S ANGELS"

Everyone deserves a second chance -- even a thief, a street racer and a cop who got in a little too deep. After all, the three women who solve cases for their elusive boss, Charlie Townsend, are no saints. They're angels... Charlie's Angels. Set in Miami, this fun, glamorous, action-packed take on the 1970s smash hit series introduces us to three new angels, all fearless detectives, head-turning beauties and close friends. There's Abby (Rachael Taylor), a Park Avenue princess who became a world-class thief. Then there's Kate (Annie Ilonzeh), a Miami cop who fell from grace, losing both her career and her fiancé. Finally there's Gloria, a disgraced army lieutenant who has a way with explosives. When one of the angels' missions ends in Gloria's tragic death, Charlie persuades them to partner with Gloria's childhood friend, Eve (Minka Kelly), a street racer with a mysterious past. They may not know each other yet, but one thing's for sure -- Abby, Kate and Eve will always have each others' backs.

(Annie Ilonzeh is ok. I kinda liked her on General Hospital even tho she wasn't given much to do...)

"GOOD CHRISTIAN BELLES"

The soap returns to Dallas in this wicked new drama that shows that you can go home again... but only if you're ready to face the sins of your past. Amanda Vaughn (Leslie Bibb), once the ultimate high school "mean girl," is forced to return home in disgrace after her marriage ends in scandal. Amanda is nothing like the girl she was 20 years ago, but as her old classmates reacquaint themselves with the new Amanda, will her home town welcome her with open arms or seek revenge? No one in this town is a saint, but that doesn't mean they can't have a heart. As Amanda and her teenage kids try to adjust to their new lives, the ladies from her past alternate between sympathy and scheming. "Good Christian Belles" stars Leslie Bibb ("Iron Man") as Amanda Vaughn, Kristin Chenoweth ("Pushing Daisies") as Carlene Cockburn, Annie Potts ("Law and Order: Special Victims Unit," "Joan of Arcadia") as Gigi Stopper, Jennifer Aspen ("Rodney") as Sharon Peacham, Miriam Shor ("Swingtown" "Damages") as Cricket Caruth-Reilly, Marisol Nichols ("24") as Heather Cruz, Brad Beyer ("Jericho") as Zack Peacham, Mark Deklin ("Lone Star") as Blake Reilly and David James Elliott ("JAG") as Ripp Cockburn.

(Dude! Krisin Chenoweth, Annie Potts, and David James Elliot! I'll watch it just for the cast alone!)

"MISSING"

Becca Winstone (Ashley Judd) learns that her son, Michael, disappears while studying abroad, and it's a race against time when she travels to Europe to track him down. A surprising turn of events reveals just how far one mother will go to protect her family. Exotic locations and thrilling twists will keep you riveted in "Missing." How far would you go to save the only thing you have left in the world? At 8 years old, Michael watched as his father, CIA Agent Paul Winstone, was murdered. Now 10 years later, Paul's wife, Becca, is faced with the reality of her son growing up. When Michael is afforded the opportunity to study abroad, his mother reluctantly agrees it's time to let him go. Just a few weeks into his trip Michael disappears, and Becca immediately suspects foul play. When she arrives in Rome, she begins piecing together the clues left behind. It isn't long before the kidnappers realize they've picked a fight with the wrong woman. Becca Winstone has a secret of her own -- before Paul's death, she was also a lethal CIA Agent. But if she wants to find her son alive, Becca will have to rely on old friends and reopen old wounds. Her resourcefulness, skill and determination will be put to the test - but a mother's love knows no limits. "Missing" stars Ashley Judd ("Double Jeopardy," "Kiss the Girls") as Becca Winstone, Sean Bean ("Game of Thrones") as Paul Winstone, Cliff Curtis ("Trauma") as Dax, Adriano Giannini ("Oceans Twelve") as Giancarlo, Nick Eversman ("Cinema Verite") as Michael Winstone and Tereza Voriskova ("Borgia") as Oksana.

(Kinda hard to believe Ashley Judd is old enough to have an 18 yr old son.... Hmm.. Sean Bean's pulling double duty it seems being in this show and Game of Thrones)

"ONCE UPON A TIME"

From the inventive minds of "Lost" executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis comes a bold new imagining of the world, where fairy tales and the modern-day are about to collide. And they all lived happily ever after - or so everyone was led to believe. Emma Swan knows how to take care of herself. She's a 28-year-old bail bonds collector who's been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. But when the son she gave up years ago finds her, everything starts to change. Henry is now 10 years old and in desperate need of Emma's help. He believes that Emma actually comes from an alternate world and is Snow White and Prince Charming's missing daughter. According to his book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the Evil Queen's curse, which trapped the fairytale world forever, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Of course Emma doesn't believe a word, but when she brings Henry back to Storybrooke, she finds herself drawn to this unusual boy and his strange New England town. Concerned for Henry, she decides to stay for a while, but she soon suspects that Storybrooke is more than it seems. It's a place where magic has been forgotten, but is still powerfully close... where fairytale characters are alive, even though they don't remember who they once were. The epic battle for the future of all worlds is beginning, but for good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell. "Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin ("Big Love") as Snow White/Sister Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison ("House MD") as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle ("The Full Monty," "Trainspotting," "SGU Stargate Universe") as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham, Jared Gilmore ("Mad Men") as Henry, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/John Doe and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie.

(Mr. Gold! :lol: )

Raph's Girl
05-17-2011, 12:16 PM
"PAN AM"

Passion, jealousy and espionage... They do it all - and they do it at 30,000 feet. The style of the 1960s, the energy and excitement of the Jet Age and a drama full of sexy entanglements deliciously mesh in this thrilling and highly-original new series. In this modern world, air travel represents the height of luxury and Pan Am is the biggest name in the business. The planes are glamorous, the pilots are rock stars and the stewardesses are the most desirable women in the world. Not only are these flyboys and girls young and good looking, but to represent Pan Am they also have to be educated, cultured and refined. They're trained to handle everything from in-air emergencies to unwanted advances - all without rumpling their pristine uniforms or mussing their hair. There's Dean (Jonah Lotan) - a cocky, charismatic and ambitious new pilot - the first of a new breed not trained in the war. On the sly against company policy, he's dating Bridget, a stunning beauty with a mysterious past. A rebellious bohemian, Maggie (Christina Ricci) turns into a buttoned up professional for work so she can see the world. Rounding out the crew are flirtatious Collette (Karine Vanasse), the adventurous Kate (Kelli Garner) and, finally, Laura (Margot Robbie) - Kate's beauty queen younger sister, a runaway bride, who recently fled a life of domestic boredom to take to the skies. "Pan Am" stars Christina Ricci ("Penelope") as Maggie, Kelli Garner ("Going the Distance") as Kate, Karine Vanasse ("Polytechnique") as Colette, Margot Robbie ("Neighbours") as Laura, Jonah Lotan ("24") as Dean and Michael Mosley ("Justified") as Ted. Jack Orman ("ER," "Men of a Certain Age,"),

(Most people will see this just cuz Christina Ricci is in it)

"REVENGE"

Wealth, beauty and status define the people in this town, but one woman is willing to destroy everyone for the sake of revenge. Emily Thorne (Emily Van Camp) is new to the Hamptons. She's met some of her wealthy neighbors, has made a few new friends and seemingly blends into the town. But something is a little odd about a young girl living in a wealthy town all on her own, and the truth is that Emily isn't exactly new to the neighborhood. In fact, this was once her old neighborhood, until something bad happened that ruined her family and their reputation. Now Emily is back, and she's returned to right some of those wrongs in the best way she knows how - with a vengeance. "Revenge" stars Madeleine Stowe ("We Were Soldiers," "The Last of the Mohicans") as Victoria Grayson, Emily Van Camp ("Brothers & Sisters," "Everwood") as Emily Thorne, Gabriel Mann ("The Bourne Identity") as Nolan Ross, Henry Czerny ("Mission: Impossible," "Clear and Present Danger") as Conrad Grayson, Ashley Madekwe ("Secret Diary of a Call Girl") as Ashley Davenport, Nick Wechsler ("Roswell") as Jack Porter, Josh Bowman ("Prowl") as Daniel Grayson, Christa B. Allen ("13 Going on 30") as Charlotte Grayson and Connor Paolo ("Gossip Girl") as Declan Porter.

"THE RIVER"

"The River" follows the story of wildlife expert and TV personality Emmet Cole. Emmet set course around the world with his wife, Tess, and son, Lincoln, while filming what would become one of the most popular shows in television. After he goes missing deep in the Amazon, his family, friends and crew set out on a mysterious and deadly journey to find him. Famed explorer Dr. Emmet Cole (Bruce Greenwood) went looking for magic deep in the uncharted Amazon and never returned. The shocking truth about his disappearance is out there, somewhere, just waiting to be discovered. To the millions of kids who grew up watching his nature show, Dr. Cole was a hero. To his own son, Lincoln (Joe Anderson), he was more of an enigma. Now, six months after he vanished, Lincoln is finally ready to bury the past when Dr. Cole's emergency beacon suddenly goes off. At the urging of his mother, Tess (Leslie Hope), Lincoln reluctantly joins her on a search for his father. To fund the rescue, they agree to let Dr. Cole's cagey ex-producer, Clark (Paul Blackthorne), film the mission documentary-style. The mixed crew of old friends and new acquaintances includes the sexy and resourceful Lena (Eloise Mumford), loyal mechanic Emilio (Daniel Zacapa) and lethal bodyguard Captain Kurt Brynildson (Thomas Kretschmann). "The River" stars Bruce Greenwood ("Star Trek") as Emmet Cole, Joe Anderson ("The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Parts 1 and 2") as Lincoln Cole, Paul Blackthorne ("Lipstick Jungle") as Clark, Paulina Gaitan as Jahel, Leslie Hope ("24") as Tess Cole, Eloise Mumford ("Lone Star") as Lena, Shaun Parkes ("The Mummy Returns") as Adjay, Thomas Kretschmann ("King Kong") as Captain Kurt Brynildson and Daniel Zacapa ("Resurrection Blvd.") as Emilio.

(What if Steve Irwin was still alive then suddenly goes missing?)

"SCANDAL"

From the creator and executive producers of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice" comes a drama revolving around the life and work of a professional crisis manager and her dysfunctional staff. A former media relations consultant to the President, Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) dedicates her life to protecting and defending the public images of our nation's elite. After leaving the White House, the power consultant opened her own firm, hoping to start a new chapter -- both professionally and personally -- but she can't seem to completely cut ties with her past. Slowly it becomes apparent that her staff, who specialize in fixing the lives of other people, can't quite fix the ones closest at hand -- their own. "Scandal" stars Kerry Washington ("Ray") as Olivia Pope, Henry Ian Cusick ("Lost") as Stephen Finch, Columbus Short ("Stomp the Yard") as Harrison Wright, Guillermo Diaz ("Half-Baked") as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn ("Ghost") as President Fitzgerald Grant and Jeff Perry ("Grey's Anatomy") as Cyrus.

(Fitzgerald Grant? Named after TWO Presidents?? :P )

"APARTMENT 23"

After a naive Midwestern girl's big city dreams are dashed her first week in New York, she finds herself living with her worst nightmare in this hilarious, contemporary comedy about a female odd couple who are surrounded by an outrageous cast of characters. June (Dreama Walker) moves to Manhattan for a dream job and the perfect company apartment, only to have them disappear in a puff of reality, thanks to a CEO from the Bernie Madoff school of embezzlement. Deep in debt and out on the streets, June scrambles to land a job and place to live. It seems her luck has turned around when she gets hired at a coffee shop and finds Chloe (Krysten Ritter), a charming, vivacious roommate... with the morals of a pirate. She swindles June out of all her savings, but she and her snarky friend, James Van Der Beek (playing himself), soon learn that, just because June's naive, she isn't stupid. June ingeniously turns the tables on Chloe, who is so shocked about being scammed herself that she decides to pull June into her colorful band of friends. Sure, it's all dysfunctional, bizarre and overwhelming, but so is New York City. And with the help of Chloe and the other oddballs around her, June might just learn the survival secrets she needs to make it there. "Apartment 23" stars Krysten Ritter ("Breaking Bad," "Gilmore Girls") as Chloe, Dreama Walker ("The Good Wife," "Gossip Girl") as June, Eric André as Mark, Michael Blaiklock as Eli and James Van Der Beek ("Varsity Blues," "Dawson's Creek") as James Van Der Beek.

(James Van Der Beek is playing himself?!)

Raph's Girl
05-17-2011, 12:29 PM
"LAST MAN STANDING"

Today it's a woman's world, and this man's man is on a mission to get men back to their rightful place in society. Tim Allen returns to ABC in this new comedy from Jack Burditt ("30 Rock"). Men may have built civilizations, invented the locomotive and created ESPN, but they're about to find out that it's not a man's world anymore. You can't get manlier than Mike Baxter. He's the marketing director for an iconic outdoor sporting goods store, he loves to have adventures while he's traveling for work and, of course, he drives a pick-up truck. While Mike is king of the hill at work, he's the odd man out in a home that is dominated by women -- namely his wife, Vanessa, and their three daughters, 22- year-old Kristin, 17-year-old Mandy and 14-year-old Eve. After being a stay-at-home mom for years, Vanessa recently returned to the workplace and was quickly promoted (much to the dismay of her primarily male co-workers). As a result of Vanessa's increased work load, Mike is pulled into more hands-on parenting than ever before. The show stars Tim Allen ("Home Improvement") as Mike, Nancy Travis ("So I Married an Axe Murderer," "Three Men and a Baby") as Vanessa, Molly Ephraim as Mandy, Alexandra Krosney as Kristin, Kaitlyn Dever as Eve and Hector Elizondo ("Chicago Hope") as Ed.

(In Home Improvement he had 3 sons... now he has 3 daughters... ooh big change. From Tools to Sporting goods.)

"MAN UP"

Three modern men try to get in touch with their inner tough guys and redefine what it means to be a "real man" in this funny and relatable comedy. Will's grandfather fought in WWII. Will's father fought in Vietnam. Will plays Call of Duty on his PS3 and drinks non-dairy hazelnut creamer. So what happened to all the real men? They're still here -- they just smell like pomegranate body wash now. Meet Will (Mather Zickel). His evolved, sensitive nature is why his awesome wife, Theresa (Teri Polo), married him. But Will and his friends find themselves wondering -- in a world of Axe ads and manscaping -- what does it really mean to be a guy anymore? Will is more interested in finding the perfect gift for his son Nathan's (Jake Johnson) 13th birthday than in doing his job selling insurance; sensitive soul Craig (Christopher Moynihan) still pines for his college ex, Lisa; and Kenny (Dan Fogler) clamps down on his anger and asks himself, "What would Tobey Maguire do?," when his ex, Brenda (Amanda Detmer), starts seeing a guy (Henry Simmons) who is everything he's not and much better looking. After Craig crashes Lisa's wedding to try to win her back, they are all faced with an opportunity to Man Up and be like their forefathers. The show stars Christopher Moynihan as Craig, Mather Zickel ("The Cape") as Will, Dan Fogler ("Balls of Fury") as Kenny, Teri Polo ("Meet the Fockers") as Theresa, Amanda Detmer ("What About Brian") as Brenda and Henry Simmons ("Shark") as Grant.

"SUBURGATORY"

Single father George only wants the best for his 16-year-old daughter, Tessa. So when he finds a box of condoms on her nightstand, he moves them out of their apartment in New York City to a house in the suburbs. But all Tessa sees is the horror of over-manicured lawns and plastic Franken-moms. Being in the 'burbs can be hell, but it also may just bring Tessa and George closer than they've ever been. Tessa (Jane Levy) and George (Jeremy Sisto) have been on their own ever since Tessa's mom pulled a "Kramer vs. Kramer" before she was even potty trained. So far, George has done a pretty good job of raising Tessa without a maternal figure in their lives, but suddenly he's feeling a little out of his league. So it's goodbye New York City and hello suburbs. At first Tessa is horrified by the big-haired, fake-boobed mothers and their sugar-free Red Bull-chugging kids. But little by little she and her dad begin finding a way to survive on the clean streets of the 'burbs. Sure, the neighbors might smother you with love while their kids stare daggers at your back, but underneath all that plastic and caffeine, they're really not half bad. And they do make a tasty pot roast. The show stars Jeremy Sisto ("Law & Order") as George Altman, Jane Levy ("Shameless") as Tessa Altman, Carly Chaikin ("The Last Song") as Dalia Royce, Allie Grant ("Weeds") as Lisa, Alan Tudyk ("V") as Noah Lerner and Cheryl Hines ("Curb Your Enthusiasm") as Dallas Royce.

"WORK IT"

This high-concept comedy centers on two unrepentant guy's guys who, unable to find work, dress as women to get jobs as pharmaceutical reps. Not only do they pull it off, but they might just learn to be better men in the process. With unemployment an ongoing issue and women now outnumbering men in the workforce, the new comedy series "Work It" follows two alpha males who realize the only way to beat the current "mancession" and land a job in pharmaceutical sales is to pass themselves off as women. Combining all the best elements of the workplace comedy, the buddy comedy and the family comedy, "Work It" centers on Lee Standish (Ben Koldyke) -- a quick-witted and likable family man who used to be a top car salesman until he got laid off -- and Angel Ortiz (Amaury Nolasco) -- a single, hot-headed ladies' man with no filter -- who quickly learn there are fundamental differences in the worlds of men and women that go beyond teetering in high heels and tightening up with Spanx. Lee and Angel are determined to keep their ruse going for as long as they can -- and keep their newly found jobs - in this smart, funny and relevant look at male and female relationships at work, at home and socially. Being a better man sometimes means having to be a better woman. The show stars Ben Koldyke ("How I Met Your Mother") as Lee, Amaury Nolasco ("Prison Break") as Angel, Beth Lacke ("Happy Hour") as Connie, John Caparulo ("Chelsea Lately") as Brian, Rebecca Mader ("Lost") as Grace, Rochelle Aytes ("Detroit 1-8-7") as Vanessa, Kate Reinders ("Sherrie") as Kelly, Kirstin Eggers ("Aussie and Ted's Great Adventure") as Kristin and Kacie Lynch ("Barney and Friends") as Kat.

The River and Good Christian Belles are mid-season shows.

You can see clips of the ABC shows here (oooh!! Once Upon A Time looks SW33T!!)
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/05/17/video-abc-fall-preview-2011-12-pilot-clips-680102/20110517abc02/

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2011/05/17/abc-unveils-fall-primetime-schedule-for-2011-12-season-854003/20110517abc01/

Raph's Girl
05-17-2011, 02:42 PM
The CW Network has renewed Nikita and One Tree Hill. Hellcats however is cancelled.

TheCanadiandrome
05-17-2011, 03:14 PM
The CW Network has renewed Nikita and One Tree Hill. Hellcats however is cancelled.

well all i care about there is Supernatural

Hero
05-17-2011, 04:30 PM
An American version of Prime Suspect sounds rather good.

===HERO

Raph's Girl
05-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Check out the trailer for Once Upon A Time! OOh! This looks awesome!!

BmWaOnpM_Ro

Other ABC trailers here:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/05/17/video-abc-fall-preview-2011-12-upfront-trailers-645412/20110517abc06/

And the NBC trailers are here:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/05/16/video-nbc-fall-preview-2011-12-upfront-trailers-407113/20110516nbc01/

Storm Eagle
05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
ABC's upfront is today but before that there's some announcements from CBS - CSI NY is renewed but joining the canceled pile is Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior (an apparent spin-off of Criminal Minds that I never heard about...and I actually like Criminal Minds...)

But now onto ABC:

*snip*

I think I'll just give Charlie's Angels a chance, and that's it.

Nice to know that CSI: NY isn't getting canceled after all.

Hellcats however is canceled.

Now all of my questions have been answered. I don't have to wait until Thursday anymore.

All of my shows except one (that being No Ordinary Family) survived the 2010-2011 season. I only looked at Hellcats just for Ashley Tisdale and that's about it.

Raph's Girl
05-18-2011, 10:39 AM
CBS' schedule in which all I care is that Hawaii 5.0, Blue Bloods, and Criminal Minds are returning cuz their new shows don't interest me one bit.

MONDAY
8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
8:30-9:00 PM 2 BROKE GIRLS (N)
9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN
9:30-10:00 PM MIKE & MOLLY
10:00-11:00 PM HAWAII FIVE-0

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES
10:00-11:00 PM UNFORGETTABLE (N)

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (NT)

THURSDAY
8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY
8:30-9:00 PM HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN (N)
9:00-10:00 PM PERSON OF INTEREST (N)
10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM A GIFTED MAN (N)
9:00-10:00 PM CSI: NY
10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS

SATURDAY
8:00-8:30 PM RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (NT)
8:30-9:00 PM COMEDYTIME SATURDAY
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY

SUNDAY
7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE
9:00-10:00 PM THE GOOD WIFE (NT)
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

UNFORGETTABLE stars Poppy Montgomery as Carrie Wells, an enigmatic former police detective with a rare condition that makes her memory so flawless that every place, every conversation, every moment of joy and every heartbreak is forever embedded in her mind. It's not just that she doesn't forget anything - she can't; except for one thing: the details that would help solve her sister's long-ago murder. Carrie has tried to put her past behind her, but she's unexpectedly reunited with her ex-boyfriend and partner, NYPD Detective Al Burns (Dylan Walsh), when she consults on a homicide case. His squad includes Det. Mike Costello (Michael Gaston), Al's right-hand man; Detective Roe Saunders (Kevin Rankin), the junior member of the team; and Detective Nina Inara (Daya Vaidya), a sassy, street-smart cop. Being back on the job after a break feels surprisingly right for Carrie. Despite her conflicted feelings for Al, she decides to permanently join his unit as a detective solving homicides - most notably, the unsolved murder of her sister. All she needs to do is remember.

PERSON OF INTEREST stars Jim Caviezel, Emmy Award winner Michael Emerson and Academy Award nominee Taraji P. Henson in a crime thriller about a presumed dead former-CIA agent who teams up with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes by using their own brand of vigilante justice. Reese's (Caviezel) special training in covert operations appeals to Finch (Emerson), a software genius who invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people about to be involved in violent crimes. Using state-of-the-art surveillance technology, the two work outside of the law using Reese's adept skills and Finch's unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the person of interest and stop the crime before it happens. Reese's actions catch the attention of the NYPD, including homicide detective Carter (Henson), and Fusco (Kevin Chapman), a cop who Reese uses to his advantage. With infinite crimes to investigate, Reese and Finch find that the right person, with the right information, at the right time, can change everything.

A GIFTED MAN is a drama about a brilliant, charismatic surgeon whose life changes forever when his deceased ex-wife begins teaching him the meaning of life from the "hereafter." Michael Holt (Patrick Wilson) is an exceptional doctor who lives a materialistic life of luxury thanks to his work-obsessed career and powerful and wealthy patients; however, Michael's ordered world is rocked when his ex-wife, Anna (Jennifer Ehle), an idealistic free-clinic doctor and the love of his life, mysteriously appears to him. Michael's off-beat sister, Christina (Julie Benz), a single mom to her teenaged son, Milo (Liam Aiken), is thrilled that Anna's back in her brother's life, even as an "illusion," because Michael was always a better person with her. Curious about Michael's sudden change in behavior is his efficient assistant, Rita (Margo Martindale). When Anna asks Michael to go to her clinic to help keep it running, he meets Autumn (Afton Williamson), a volunteer carrying on Anna's work with the underprivileged. Touched by those in need and accepting of Anna's compassionate "presence," Michael's attitude toward serving the rich and poor is turned upside down, and he begins to see that there's room in his life for everyone.

2 BROKE GIRLS is a comedy about two young women waitressing at a greasy spoon diner who strike up an unlikely friendship in the hopes of launching a successful business - if only they can raise the cash. Sassy, streetwise Max (Kat Dennings) works two jobs just to get by, one of which is waiting tables during the night shift at the retro-hip Williamsburg Diner. Sophisticated Caroline (Beth Behrs) is an uptown trust fund princess who's having a run of bad luck that forces her to reluctantly give waitressing a shot. At first, Max sees Caroline as yet another in a long line of inept servers she must cover for, but she's surprised to find that Caroline has as much substance as she does style. When Caroline discovers Max's knack for baking amazing cupcakes, she sees a lucrative future for them, but they first need to raise the start-up money. While they save their tips, they'll stay at the restaurant, working with Oleg (Jonathan Kite), an overly flirtatious Russian cook; Earl (Garrett Morris), a 75-year-old kool-kat cashier; and Han Lee (Matthew Moy), the new, eager-to-please owner of the diner. Working together, these two broke girls living in one expensive city might just find the perfect recipe for their big break.

HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN, inspired by the book of the same name, is a comedy about the unlikely friendship between a traditional, refined writer and an unrefined personal trainer. Andrew Carlson (David Hornsby) is an etiquette columnist whose devotion to ideals from a more civilized time has lead to a life detached from modern society. Infectiously optimistic, Bert Lansing (Kevin Dillon) is a reformed "bad boy" from Andrew's past who inherited a fitness center, but can still be rude, loud and sloppy. When Andrew's editor, Jerry (Dave Foley), tells him to put a modern, sexy twist on his column or be fired, he hires Bert as a life coach in the hopes of learning to be less "gentle man" and more "real man." Andrew's mom, Diane (Nancy Lenehan), and his bossy sister, Janet (Mary Lynn Rajskub), support the plan, as would Janet's husband, Mike (Rhys Darby), if he was allowed to have an opinion. Though Andrew and Bert's views may be centuries apart, they may find they're each other's missing link.

Midseason show:

From Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal comes THE 2-2, which follows six diverse NYPD rookies as they patrol the gritty streets of upper Manhattan. The new trainees include Jennifer "White House" Perry (Leelee Sobieski), a former college volleyball star and Marine MP in Iraq with a take-charge attitude; Ray "Lazarus" Harper (Adam Goldberg), the oldest rookie and a former police news reporter with better sources than many seasoned cops; Tonya Sanchez (Judy Marte), who comes from a family with a criminal history and has a very personal connection inside the force; Ahmad "Kiterunner" Kahn (Tom Reed), an Afghani native who fought his way to freedom; Kenny McClaren (Stark Sands), a fourth-generation police officer with great instincts but qualms about joining the force; and Jayson Toney (Harold House Moore), a young basketball legend who squandered his opportunity in the NBA. Their demanding Field Training Officer, Daniel "Yoda" Dean (Terry Kinney), is a case-hardened, unsentimental veteran of the force who emphasizes basics and holds each cop accountable for their actions. With unique backgrounds, personalities and reasons for being on the force, the new cops will make their share of rookie mistakes while they figure out how to relate to their boss, each other and to the people they swore to protect.

BubblyShell22
05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Whoo Hoo! The Amazing Race is back again. I love that show. Don't watch ABC at all so I don't really care about that, though I am glad Dancing's back for my mom's sake. She loves that show.

Raph's Girl
05-18-2011, 07:04 PM
CBS has released trailers for their fall snorefests:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/05/18/video-cbs-fall-preview-2011-12-upfront-trailers-855213/20110518cbs03/

ssjup81
05-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Welp, just saw the season finale of NCIS, and boy am I looking forward to its return. That's about the only thing on CBS I do (did) watch. I'd grown bored of CSI years ago for some reason.

Storm Eagle
05-19-2011, 01:47 AM
CBS has released trailers for their fall snorefests:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/05/18/video-cbs-fall-preview-2011-12-upfront-trailers-855213/20110518cbs03/
I'm especially not feeling "How to Be a Gentleman". Sounds too cliche for my blood.

Jester
05-19-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm especially not feeling "How to Be a Gentleman". Sounds too cliche for my blood.
Agreed I like it better when it was called The Odd Couple.

Raph's Girl
05-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Aaand here's the CW! Looks like Nikita was put in Smallville's timeslot and logically Secret Circle is airing after Vampire Diaries. L.J Smith must be proud. Having her 2 most well known book series be turned into tv series that air back to back. *lol*

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM GOSSIP GIRL (New Time)
9:00-10:00 PM HART OF DIXIE (New Series)

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM 90210 (New Night)
9:00-10:00 PM RINGER (New Series)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM H8R (New Series)
9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
9:00-10:00 PM THE SECRET CIRCLE (New Series)

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM NIKITA (New Night)
9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL

Midseason shows include: One Tree Hill, Re-Modeled, and The Frame.

"HART OF DIXIE"
Fast-talking New Yorker and brand new doctor Zoe Hart has it all figured out - after graduating top of her class from medical school, she'll follow in her father's footsteps and become a cardio-thoracic surgeon. But when her dreams fall apart, Zoe decides to accept an offer from a stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes, to work with him at his small practice in Bluebell, Alabama. Zoe arrives in this small Gulf Coast town only to find that Harley has passed away and left his half of the medical practice to her in his will. She quickly finds that Southern hospitality isn't always so hospitable - the other doctor in town, Brick Breeland, is less than pleased to be sharing the practice with this young outsider, and his daughter, Lemon, is a Southern belle whose sweet disposition turns sour when she meets Zoe. Zoe's only allies are the mayor, former football star Lavon Hayes, her bad-boy neighbor Wade Kinsella, and handsome lawyer George Tucker - who just happens to be Lemon's fiancé. Zoe is out of her element and ready to pack her bags, but a surprise visit by her snobby New York mother leads to Zoe's decision to stay in Bluebell for a while, discovering small-town life and a side of herself she hadn't known was there. The series stars Rachel Bilson as Dr. Zoe Hart, Jaime King as Lemon Breeland, Wilson Bethel as Wade Kinsella, Cress Williams as Lavon Hayes, McKaley Miller as Rose and Scott Porter as George Tucker.

(Lemon?! Her name is Lemon?! WTF?! And why is Brick becoming such a popular name all of the sudden? First The Middle and now this show...)

"RINGER"
Sarah Michelle Gellar stars as a woman who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run, hiding out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister - only to learn that her sister's seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she's trying to leave behind. Bridget is six months sober and starting to turn her life around when she is the sole witness to a professional hit. Despite the assurances of her FBI protector, Agent Victor Machado, Bridget knows her life is on the line. She flees to New York, telling no one, not even her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, Malcolm. In New York, Bridget reunites with her estranged twin, Siobhan. Wealthy, pampered and married to the strikingly handsome Andrew Martin, Siobhan lives what appears to be a fairy tale life - a life where no one knows that Bridget exists. The sisters seem to be mending their frayed relationship, until Siobhan disappears mysteriously, and Bridget makes the split decision to take on her sister's identity. She discovers shocking secrets, not only about her sister and her marriage, but also about Siobhan's best friend, Gemma, and Gemma's husband, Henry. And when someone tries to kill Bridget in her sister's penthouse, she realizes she is no safer as Siobhan than she is as herself. The series stars Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bridget and Siobhan, Kristoffer Polaha as Henry, Ioan Gruffudd as Andrew Martin, Nestor Carbonell as Agent Victor Machado and Tara Summers as Gemma.

(SMG fans will be getting double the pleasure with her playing identical twins :P)

"H8R"

Celebrities go head-to-head with civilians who hate them to win their "haters" over. Hosted by Mario Lopez, H8R is from Horizon Alternative Television with executive producers Lisa Gregorisch-Dempsey ("Extra"), Jeremy Spiegel ("Extra") and Mario Lopez.

(Ooh! That sounds like fun! NOT!)

"THE SECRET CIRCLE"

Cassie Blake was a happy, normal teenage girl - until her mother Amelia dies in what appears to be a tragic accidental fire. Orphaned and deeply saddened, Cassie moves in with her warm and loving grandmother Jane in the beautiful small town of Chance Harbor, Washington - the town her mother left so many years before - where the residents seem to know more about Cassie than she does about herself. As Cassie gets to know her high school classmates, including sweet-natured Diana and her handsome boyfriend Adam, brooding loner Nick, mean-girl Faye and her sidekick Melissa, strange and frightening things begin to happen. When her new friends explain that they are all descended from powerful witches, and they've been waiting for Cassie to join them and complete a new generation of the Secret Circle, Cassie refuses to believe them - until Adam shows her how to unlock her incredible magical powers. But it's not until Cassie discovers a message from her mother in an old leather-bound book of spells hidden in her mother's childhood bedroom, that she understands her true and dangerous destiny. What Cassie and the others don't yet know is that darker powers are at play, powers that might be linked to the adults in the town, including Diana's father and Faye's mother - and that Cassie's mother's death might not have been an accident. The series stars Britt Robertson as Cassie Blake, Thomas Dekker as Adam Conant, Gale Harold as Charles Meade, Phoebe Tonkin as Fay Chamberlain, Jessica Parker Kennedy as Melissa, Shelley Hennig as Diana Meade, Louis Hunter as Nick, Ashley Crow as Jane Blake and Natasha Henstridge as Dawn Chamberlain.

"RE-MODELED"
Modeling industry veteran Paul Fisher is planning to bring together hundreds of small agencies around the world in a new venture called The Network. The Network will give Paul the leverage to change the industry from the inside out. He has two missions: to make sure agents in small towns no longer get screwed, and to empower models to take control of their careers and lead healthier lives.

"THE FRAME"
What happens when your whole life is reduced to one Frame? There's only one rule: if you're out of the Frame, you're out of the game. Ten teams of two, chosen for their dynamic personalities and their existing deep-rooted relationships, are selected to compete in this wild social experiment. These teams will each live in one Frame - a stripped down version of their home living space - for up to 8 weeks, with the entire world watching their inter-personal soap operas play out atop a highly formatted game. Couples cannot physically see one another, but each "frame" is rigged with plasma screens & communication devices that allow for visual and verbal interaction. The teams will face outrageous challenges, punishments, head-to-head competitions, and eliminations, all while isolated from the outside world. With 24/7 web cams streaming content live, and a bi-weekly television show, audiences will vote for - and have control over - many elements of the show, from rewards to punishments to eliminations. The last couple standing will be America's favorite pair, and walk away with a cash prize.

Trailers for the above new CW shows: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/05/19/video-the-cw-fall-preview-2011-12-promos-897405/20110519cw03/

Storm Eagle
05-19-2011, 10:49 PM
I heard about H8R. Another reality series, and I don't much care for those.

It looks like my schedule in the fall will look something like this:

Sunday:
8pm "The Simpsons" (Fox)
10pm "CSI: Miami" (CBS)

Monday:
9:30pm "Mike & Molly" (CBS)

Tuesday:
N/A

Wednesday:
10pm "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (CBS)/"South Park" (Comedy Central)

Thursday:
8pm "Charlie's Angels"(?) (ABC)

Friday:
9pm "CSI: NY" (CBS)

Saturday:
12 noon "Power Rangers Samurai" (Nickelodeon)
7pm "Transformers Prime" (The Hub)
7:30pm "G.I. Joe Renegades" (The Hub)

So yeah, just one new show added. Charlie's Angels. I'll just check out the first episode and see how much longer I stick with it after that. From the previews, I can see it lasting at least one whole season.

CSI and South Park show at the same time on Wednesdays, so I'll be DVR-ing both shows.

As for non-prime time shows, I'm still waiting on Voltron Force on Nicktoons and Thundercats on Cartoon Network.

I'm only guessing that Power Rangers Samurai, Transformers Prime, and G.I. Joe Renegades will still be showing at their current times in the fall.

Jester
05-20-2011, 02:26 AM
This might not be too bad....
scWAETwLojk

Raph's Girl
05-20-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm only guessing that Power Rangers Samurai, Transformers Prime, and G.I. Joe Renegades will still be showing at their current times in the fall.

You're gonna have to take G.I Joe Renegades off your list because it's all but cancelled. It's on hiatus till the next movie comes out...which I think is in like 2013.

I guess my schedule is:

Monday:
8pm: Terra Nova
9pm: House
10pm: Hawaii 5.0
Midseason
8pm: House
9pm: Alcatraz
10pm: Hawaii 5.0

Tuesday:
8pm: Last Man Standing
9pm: Ringer

Wednesday:
8 - 10: X-Factor
midseason
8 - 10: American Idol

Thursday:
8pm: X-Factor
9pm: Bones
Midseason
8pm: American Idol
9pm: Finder

Friday:
8pm: Extreme Makeover
9pm: Grimm

Saturday:
TBD

Sunday:
8pm: Once Upon A Time
9pm: Desperate Housewives
10pm: Pan Am

Storm Eagle
05-20-2011, 11:59 PM
You're gonna have to take G.I Joe Renegades off your list because it's all but canceled. It's on hiatus till the next movie comes out...which I think is in like 2013.

Then it's not really canceled, is it? Isn't there a difference between that, and being on hiatus? The current season has six episodes to go, and we don't know when those will start showing. Both G.I. Joe: Renegades and Transformers Prime are on hiatus, but I know the latter resumes in June for American viewers.

Anyway, whenever those last six G.I. Joe: Renegades episodes resume, they'd all probably air by the fall anyway.

ssjup81
05-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Hm, guess my primetime schedule would be...

Sunday
8:30: Napoleon Dynamite (Fox) *If I remember*

Monday
8:00 - 9:00: No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain (Travel Channel) *If I'm not distracted*

Tuesday
8:00 – 9:00: NCIS (CBS)

Wednesday
10:00 – 11:00: Law & Order: SVU (NBC) *I think it’s staying in this time slot*

Thursday
N/A

Friday
11:00: Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) *If I can find the channel; forgot where HBO was*

Saturday
N/A

Raph's Girl
05-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Both G.I. Joe: Renegades and Transformers Prime are on hiatus, but I know the latter resumes in June for American viewers.

Prime isn't on hiatus....in Canada... :P