PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jeff Conaway

Raph's Girl
05-27-2011, 01:59 PM
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jeff-Conaway-Dead-1033662.aspx

Jeff Conaway, who had been in a coma at a Los Angeles-area hospital, has died, the Los Angeles Times reports. He was 60.

The former Grease star died Friday, a day after he was taken off life support.

Conaway was found unconscious at his home on May 11 and was taken to the Encino Hospital Medical Center. Initially, it was thought that he had overdosed on prescription drugs, but later it was revealed he was suffering from pneumonia and sepsis.

Conaway rose to fame playing one of the T-Birds in the 1978 film adaptation of Grease. Later that year, he co-starred in the popular sitcom Taxi, as actor-turned-taxi-driver Bobby Wheeler, before leaving in Season 4. He later appeared on The Bold and the Beautiful and Babylon 5 in the '90s.

In recent years, however, Conaway has turned to reality TV. He was a contestant on the third season of Celebrity Fit Club, but was forced to leave the show and enter rehab. Two years later, he returned to VH1 to appear on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, seeking treatment for addictions to cocaine, painkillers and alcohol.

In addition to his substance abuse problems, Conaway had difficulty walking due to an injury-related back problem.

Loved him in Grease, Taxi, and Babylon 5.

TheCanadiandrome
05-27-2011, 02:03 PM
omg! man i liked him on Taxi. RIP :(

Krys
05-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Kenickie's dead!:(

BubblyShell22
05-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Man, that sucks. He'll be missed. My condolences to his friends and family.

Guitar_Raph
05-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Jeff Conaway also did a short lived CBS series back in 1983 called Wizards & Warriors.

Believe it or not around 1980, Jeff tried a singing career. I saw him on a telethon performing a tune called City Boy.