PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Battle Nexus

Stellar Cat
06-02-2011, 05:11 PM
[OOC: All righty, this is my first post for an RPG around here. In this adventure, it's the Fellowship of Mutants' turn to enter the Battle Nexus tournament. If anyone's interested in partaking in this, please join right in. :) To know a bit more about the Fellowship of Mutants, go here http://tmntmlp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tmntocs]

IC:
Today is a typical day in the Turtles' secret underground lair. Leonardo trains in Ninjitsu, Donatello works on his computer, Raphael works on his motorcycle and Michelangelo is on the sofa reading a Justice Force comic. That's when the four leaders of the Mutant Fellowship; Stella the cat, Phoebe the pig, Luna the alligator and Blazer the Dalmatian come to Mikey, he looks over from his comic and sees the four. "Hey Mikey," Blazer said "can you tell us another Battle Nexus story?" "Yeah," Phoebe said "how you became the champ and everything." The Fellowship never gets tired of hearing Mikey tell them stories of the Battle Nexus and how he became the champion, the other Turtles however don't especially care for the stories.

midknigt
06-02-2011, 05:30 PM
[OOC: All righty, this is my first post for an RPG around here. In this adventure, it's the Fellowship of Mutants' turn to enter the Battle Nexus tournament. If anyone's interested in partaking in this, please join right in. :) To know a bit more about the Fellowship of Mutants, go here http://tmntmlp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tmntocs

Fixed the URL in the quote. :tgrin:

The RP sounds interesting... but I have no idea how to merge in this, unless you have more to post?

Stellar Cat
06-02-2011, 05:47 PM
No problem. Hmm, how to merge into this. I'd suggest adding either one of the Turtles commenting on how the Fellowship have heard Mikey's stories more than a hundred times and/or Mikey telling the story in a somewhat braggart way. :trazz: Hope that helps.

midknigt
06-02-2011, 06:07 PM
OOC
I can try and play as Mikey, I'll need to watch kibbles and bits of 2k3 again to nail his personality spot on. I'm too used to Old Toon Mikey!

IC
Mikey's lips curled into a grin as Battle Nexus Championship was mentioned. Since his brothers were too occupied in their own little world to complain about his story telling, the orange bandanna wearing turtle flipped his book shut, but was still holding onto it.

"Glad you asked little bud'! I still remember it like it was yesterday!"

Not being able to contain the excitement, he leaps onto the couch and took a fighting stance. He also held his comic book as if it was his own nunchaku.

Thus began his story telling:

"There he was, standing in front of me! He was huge but his size didn't phase me at all! Gyeheh! I mean, c'mon! There's a saying that goes "The bigger they are, the harder they fall!" right?!"

Swinging his comic around, he couldn't help but chuckle

"To think I had to fight him again since he wanted a rematch! He didn't know when to quit!"

Stellar Cat
06-03-2011, 08:46 AM
OOC: It's understandable. Next time I'll be sure to do a game that takes place in the Old Toon universe.

IC:
"Yeah," Stella said "I'll never forget the rematch how ol' Fishface rigged the rules so it'd be a fight to the death." The cat shuddered at the memory of seeing Kluh beat up Mikey.

"Too right," Luna said with her thick Australian accent "another sayin' is 'the bigger they are, the awesomer the sound they make when they fall.'"

Phoebe laughed then said "Then what happened, Mikey?"

midknigt
06-03-2011, 04:52 PM
OOC
Oh, I should use orange for Mikey! :tlol:I will play Raphael temporarily until someone claims him.

IC
Michelangelo cockiness went up to the roof as his friend Phoebe wanted to know the continuity of the Nexus story.

"Heheh! Isn't that obvious?! I managed to teach good ol' fish breath a lesson!"

The young mutant turtle swung his comic some more "Just like this! EEIYAH!"

The story telling took a fun turn but it soon brutally ended.

THWACK!

"Ow! Hey Raph! What gives, I was getting to the best part!"

Mikey rubbed the spot where his temperamental brother hit him.

"Tellin' da same ol' story again Mikey?!"

Raphael could not help but roll his eyes, obviously irritated. He knew his younger brother won the tournament by chance. He had to admit that the rematch was legit but, nonetheless, Michelangelo's bragging was rather annoying.

Stellar Cat
06-03-2011, 05:29 PM
OOC: Sure thing, after I post I may wait for others to join in and claim someone.

IC:
Blazer looked up from chewing on his butt and said "Never get tired of the Battle Nexus stories."

"Yeah," Stella said "who know? Maybe we'll enter the Battle Nexus as well."

"Besides, I can think of more annoying things. Like how some mutants eat their food."

"Or how they carry a ball."

"The way she sleeps in water."

"The way he wears a dumb basketball jersey!"

"The way she eats from garbage cans!"

"The way he drinks from the toilet!"

"Guys!" Phoebe said wanting to hear the rest Mikey's story rather than her friends' argument "Please continue, Mikey. Did ya clobber ol' fish breath?"

midknigt
06-03-2011, 06:57 PM
OOC
Dibs on Mikey! Woohah!

IC
Mikey groaned slightly, wondering why his brother Raphael had to be such a party-pooper.

"Of course I clobbered ol' fish breath! I have to admit it wasn't easy since he was always on the offensive but... Hey! I managed and won in the end!"

Michelangelo couldn't help but gloat some more about his victory after that sentence.

THWACK!

"Ooww! Gee Raph, don't be so jealous because I won the Battle Nexus Championship! Of course, if you really want it that bad, you'll have to beat me!"

THWACK!

"Y' know, I think I already did!"

Raphael snorted with a hint of sarcasm, as he watched his younger brother rub his head after the second consecutive hit. He then looked at Michelangelo's smaller mutant friends and scoffed.

"Y'all should be aware that Mikey here likes to "stretch" his Battle Nexus stories!"

Stellar Cat
06-04-2011, 09:50 AM
OOC
Yay! Someone claimed Mikey, I'm hoping more people will claim other characters sooner or later.

IC
Stella lifted up her paw, acknowledging Raph "Isn't it obvious?" She proceeded to groom herself.

"I thought the story was shorter than usual."

Phoebe took it upon herself to explain to her simple-minded comrade. "What Raph means, Blaze, is there are some parts of the stories that are truer than other parts." She turned back to her turtle bosses, stating "Like Stella said, maybe we'll enter the Battle Nexus one day."

"Too right, I'm not afraid of that big fish-face bully Kluh. When is the Battle Nexus anyway?"

Before she can get an answer, the Fellowship then proceeds to go off playing and acting out what they heard from the stories of the Battle Nexus as well as what they saw of Mikey's rematch with Kluh.

midknigt
06-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Raphael slumped down on the couch next to his younger brother. Giving one last glance at the mutant young'uns, he sighed in annoyance.

"Yeah, kids think they're all that!"

The thought of seeing the young ones fight in the Nexus Tournament made Raph's blood boil, knowing it would be such a nuisance. Ever since they came to the sewers, all 4 turtles were responsible of them. The last thing this grumpy turtle wanted was trouble.

Snagging the remote, Raphael turned on the TV so he wouldn't bother with rage-raising thoughts.

Michelangelo watched the mutant kids go tend to their playful occupation. Taking a seat next to Raph, he snagged the remote from his hand.

"Aw c'mon bro! This channel's boring!"

He then started to flip the channels, one by one, until he stumbled on an old horror flick of the late 80's titled "Puppet Master"

"Alright! This is what I'm talking about!"

The red bandanna wearing turtle couldn't help but let out a growl of annoyance. Knowing it was useless to snag the remote back from Michelangelo, he decided to bear with it.

"How can ya like those ol', corny horror movies?! Ugh..."

Stellar Cat
06-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Luna was up against Blazer as Phoebe was paired with Stella, they pretended to be Battle Nexus competitors.

Blazer had just jumped up to dodge Luna's tail swing. However, he got an itch on his butt and ended up chewing on it.

Luna took advantage of this to trip him with her tail. "Gotcha, mate." She snickered.

"Hey, no fair! You caught me off guard!"

At that time, Stella is also knocked down by Phoebe. As the pig and alligator faced each other for the pretend Battle Nexus champion status

Stella went over to the training area where Leonardo still is, she lied down at the edge. She watched Leo slice and dice with his katana.

"Hey Leo, if me, Blazer, Luna and Phoebe entered the Battle Nexus tournament, who do you think would win?"

midknigt
06-06-2011, 08:21 PM
OOC
Aw the heck, I'll play all 4 turtles, Michelangelo being permanent and the others temporary. I am not sure how we can lure more roleplayers into this.

IC
The leader, diligent to his ninjutsu training, wheezed slightly as he came to a stop, listening to what Stella had to say. Sheathing his twin katana, he walked his way to the young mutant while rubbing off some sweat from his green forehead.

"With proper training, all of you will have a fighting chance."

He knelt down and patted Stella on the head.

"I think right now, all four of you are too young to participate but, it is never too late to practice."

Moving his hand away, Leonardo stood up. Content with today's training, he had a satisfactory smile on his face.

Stellar Cat
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
OOC
Yeah, I'm not sure either.

IC
Stella purred as she's petted, then said "I think Blazer would have a better chance if he put more focus on the tournament and less on chewing his butt."

"Hey!"

After Phoebe defeats Luna in their duel, the pig mutant came to Stella. "Hey Stella, you're it now!" She touched Stella with her hoof before going off.

Stella stood up as she and the other Fellowship Leaders galloped out of the HQ to play "tag".

Stellar Cat
10-08-2011, 04:29 PM
OOC: Thought I'd try rebooting this RPG, here are the characters taken: Mikey-midknigt. Hope more people will join in.

IC:
As the Fellowship Leaders ran around the sewers playing tag, after Blazer tags Pheobe, most of them jump to the other side of the water while Luna just swims across, though Phoebe still stays nervous of falling in once in the air.

"Don't worry, Pheebs!" Stella called out as she leaped back to her comrade "It's no prob at all. Just a hop, skip and a jump." She then proceeded to break into song.
It's not very far. Just move your little rump
You can make it if you try with a hop, skip and jump
A hop, skip and jump
Just move your little rump
A hop, skip and jump
A hop, skip and jump
A hop, skip and jump
Ahopskipandjump.
Ahopskipandjump!
But unknown to any of the four young mutants, that they're being..... watched.

Jade Green
10-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Are the TMNT supposed to know the Fellowship? Anyways, I'm playing Greysight. She's a turtle who is an ex-soldier the mutant Militia and a strong ESPer. I may try playing Donatello too if the TMNT don't know the Fellowship)

Greysight had somewehre to be and she was running late. She moved threw the tunnel nearly as quiet as a mouse, looking for a suitable place to begin her journey. The female turtle paused, hearing someone talking somewhere down the tunel. The voice was getting closer. With a frown, she stepped back and hid in the shadows to wait for them to pass.

(Greysight wears a brown leather trenchcoat with patches of other pieces of leather and a brown fedora. Her eyes are mis-matched. one red, the other blue.

What do the characters of the FEllowship lookk like? the link you gave requires that I sign in)

Stellar Cat
10-15-2011, 09:54 PM
OOC: Oh yeah, the TMNT know the Fellowship. Check the character profiles on page 17 and on the very bottom post, you'll find their profiles. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=854638&postcount=330 Stella is a cat, Phoebe's a pig, Luna is an alligator and Blazer is a Dalmatian. Welcome aboard, I appreciate you joining this RP. :tgrin:

IC:
Phoebe pulls herself together, muttering "A hop, skip and a JUMP!" She jumps to the other side, nearly slipping her back quarters off almost.

Luna crosses her arms and makes an unimpressed expression as she and the others acknowledge that the two sides are only two feet apart.

Blazer sniffed the air as he smelled something that was partially unfamiliar. He thought, is it one of the Turtles? It only half smelled like a turtle, the other half he can't put his finger on it.

Jade Green
10-15-2011, 10:03 PM
(in that case, I'd rather not play the TMNT. I don't want to mess anything up. The TMNT don't know Greysight. and you don't have to make Blazer's text black and white)

Greysight's telepathic abilities went to work, lightly touching the minds of the mutant animals to see exactly who they were. They didn't seem to be members of the Mutant Militia which was a relief, but the canine had smelled her out. 'Damn,' she thought. The only way to get out of this without being discovered was to alter the dog's memory and that wasn't something she looked forward to. Altering memories had come back to bite her in the past.

Since she had alrady been discovered, the female turtle stepped out of the shadows. Her hands were at her sides to so she was not going to attack them. Greysight didn't speak a word but instead waited for the kids to respone.

Stellar Cat
10-16-2011, 09:57 AM
OOC: Aw, I just like making Blazer's text two-tone, since he's not one color like most of the others. :tsmile: No prob on not being any of the TMNT. :twink:

IC:
As the four young mutants looked over to this newcomer whom has stepped out of hiding and to the foursome.

"Who the shell are you?" was the only thing Luna could say upon seeing a visitor.

"Friend, foe or salesperson?" Phoebe said in cautious curiosity.

Jade Green
10-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Greysight, who had not planned to converse with the children, furrowed her eye ridges and replied, "Shell? Is that suppsoed to be a joke?" She stepped forwards, the annoyance clear in her face. The female turtle didn't suffer fools lightly. "Are you trying to make fun of me?"

Greysight caught herself before she said anything too threatening. They were just kids after all. "Never mind," She pointed to the four, "You should go back home, before you meet someone who isn't as nice as me."

Stellar Cat
10-17-2011, 02:01 PM
The Fellowship were left with confused but Stella nodded to the side as a sign to leave. As the foursome trotted off, Luna mentioned "Crikey, and I thought Raph gets nasty over the simplest things we say and do."

"Well," Stella said "one thing's for sure, I'm not waitin' around for something less nice than her to show up."

As they make it back to the Lair, none of them notice an even nastier visitor find them coming to their place.
Phoebe and Blazer lie in front of the TV facing opposite directions from each other.
Luna sinks into the small pool below the bridge in river water.
While Stella goes to Donnie and leaps into his lap, though there are times when she obliviously forgets she's too heavy for that sort of thing being ten times bigger than an ordinary cat.

Jade Green
10-19-2011, 08:37 AM
When she was sure that the four were out of range, she turned back to the wall and made several markings with chalk. Then, she stepped back and put her hands together as if in prayer and began to chant. As Greysight spoke, water began to ripple and move up the wall until it created a door. She smiled and steppd through. The water fell with a splash soon after.

The fights wouldn't start quite yet, but it always paid to get there early.