PDA

View Full Version : NECA'S Latest License Acqusition is a Triumph

AllTheDVDsWillBeMine!
06-09-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. It's hard to overstate my satisfaction. (http://necaonline.com/31562/blog/press-releases/neca-to-produce-valve-consumer-products/)

June 7, 2011 (Hillside, NJ) – The National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Inc. (NECA) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Valve Corporation to produce consumer products based on all of Valve’s titles. Merchandise will include action figures, toys, board games, accessories, and apparel for all Valve properties. “When Valve approached us to make their content, characters and art come alive in the physical world we were of course excited at the possibilities,” said Joel Weinshanker, President of NECA Games, “We quickly realized that our two companies have a similar view on how to ensure products exceed expectations of devoted fans and are thankful to be working with them”.

Thoughts? Hopes? Expectations?

I think mine are nicely surmised in the title and intro to this thread.

Jester
06-09-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. It's hard to overstate my satisfaction. (http://necaonline.com/31562/blog/press-releases/neca-to-produce-valve-consumer-products/)

Thoughts? Hopes? Expectations?

I think mine are nicely surmised in the title and intro to this thread.
I hope there aren't many characters...NECA will probably only get about 5-10 figures in before this, like the TMNT figures before it, goes "bye-bye."

AllTheDVDsWillBeMine!
06-10-2011, 12:02 AM
I hope there aren't many characters...NECA will probably only get about 5-10 figures in before this, like the TMNT figures before it, goes "bye-bye."

I'm pretty sure that had something to do with Playmates being dicks about distribution rights and Nickelodeon acquiring the show license.

I doubt that NECA will run into problems with Valve. That is unless they decide to emulate their release schedules, in which case we'll get series one next year and series two in 2020.

Besides, as long as I get a Chell and GLaDOS, I'm good.

Candy Kappa
06-10-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm pretty sure that had something to do with Playmates being dicks about distribution rights and Nickelodeon acquiring the show license.

It's not just that. NECA is notorious when it comes to their licenses, they make a handful of figures 2-5 and then it just dies.

But I do hope for Chell, Freeman, Pyro, Atlas and P-Body. GlaDOS would probably be too big if it's their usual 6-7 inch figures, but it would be awesome. Must have a removable head and a Wheatley and a Turret :P

A little *too* Raph
06-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Maybe we will get half of a portal or something...