PDA

View Full Version : CC Interview with Greg Cipes & Ciro Nieli

IveyAngelo
07-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey everyon

Cowabunga Corner did wa interview with Greg Cipes (Michelangelo) and Ciro Nieli about the new TMNT cartoon.

Check it out
Http://www.youtube.com/user/turtlegirlivey/

ToTheNines
07-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Ivey, you rock! That was great. Soooo cool to hear Cipes grew up on Turtles.

IveyAngelo
07-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks glad you like it. :) It was a real honor getting to meet and talk with them. And was great that we were allowed to post this interview.

CyberCubed
07-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Sounds good.

Seems like we're in good hands with Nick. The new comic and cartoon seem to be shaping up well.

CrazySquirrel
07-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Great video! Thanks! Cipes might as well be Mikey way to pick the right guy!

Jester
07-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Cipes is so Zen. I wonder how much his voice is gonna change as Mikey. I could almost hear his normal voice as Michelangelo.

It's great to hear Cipes also confirm Andrea Romano, one of the all times greats in voice directing. If this can be a cross of the Timm/Dini DC cartoons and Animaniacs/Tiny Toons it'd be awesome.

oldmanwinters
07-23-2011, 08:24 AM
I had forgotten Cipes played Beast Boy on Teen Titans. I think he'll be the perfect fit for Mikey! Great interview, Ivey! It's probably the most public information we've gotten yet on the new series!

Donnie
07-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Cipes is so Zen. I wonder how much his voice is gonna change as Mikey. I could almost hear his normal voice as Michelangelo.

This! What a hippie. Seriously though, you can tell he's really into it and this excites me for the new show! He's gonna sound great as Mikey.

Master Splinter
07-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Great interview! Sounds like a perfect Mikey to me.

-ms

twopinacoladas
07-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Great interview and video =)

I have a tiny critique, if it would be possible and to be honest I feel like a jackass for even mentioning this... but if possible next time you do an interview like this is to have a better microphone hooked up to your camera it would be great as there was a lot of background noise.

I know it was out of your control and for most of your videos the audio is great, just a tiny critique great job with the interview it was awesome! Thats like a milestone for Cowabunga Corner, great job again!

CrazySquirrel
07-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Ciro Nieli when asked about the three toes basically said what I was thinking the whole time... It's just easier to do this design in CGI. I think that why the feet look so "round"... Such a good interview! Thanks again!

ssjup81
07-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Wow, the more I see of him, the more I'm persuaded that he'd make a good Mikey. Too bad the only role I consciously knew of with him was his being Beast Boy in Teen Titans. Like someone else mention, Cipes is so "Zen". A perfect fit for a character like Mikey.

Other randomness, I never knew that Cipes was born in 1980.

Edit: Hey, does anyone know how Rob got the role of Donny?

oldmanwinters
07-23-2011, 07:49 PM
but if possible next time you do an interview like this is to have a better microphone hooked up to your camera it would be great as there was a lot of background noise.

I agree. It was especially hard to hear Ciro Nieli.

Hmm...

Cir-O-Niel-i ???
Kinda reminds me of another name familiar to the TMNT franchise!:lol:

Jester
07-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey, does anyone know how Rob got the role of Donny?
I think they approached him, actually.

oldmanwinters
07-23-2011, 07:55 PM
I think they approached him, actually.

If true, then the Nick team has my (almost) full assurance that they are competent to be stewards of the franchise!

ssjup81
07-23-2011, 08:24 PM
If true, then the Nick team has my (almost) full assurance that they are competent to be stewards of the franchise!Even though I have faith in the voice actors they picked (and even cooler that they approached Rob), it sure would be nice to have the original foursome back.

*sighs and goes on a nostalgia trip...a major one*

Jester
07-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Even though I have faith in the voice actors they picked (and even cooler that they approached Rob), it sure would be nice to have the original foursome back.

*sighs and goes on a nostalgia trip...a major one*
I dunna. Even as a Paulsen fan, I almost wish they had not picked Rob for a role, as to keep this cast 100% fresh. I love the FW cast, but this is a new series and needs a new cast. Although it'd be cool if they cast the original 4 and shuffled the deck on roles, though I'm not sure I can hear Barry Gordon as anyone but Donnie.

ssjup81
07-23-2011, 09:37 PM
I dunna. Even as a Paulsen fan, I almost wish they had not picked Rob for a role, as to keep this cast 100% fresh. I love the FW cast, but this is a new series and needs a new cast. Although it'd be cool if they cast the original 4 and shuffled the deck on roles, though I'm not sure I can hear Barry Gordon as anyone but Donnie.Same here. When making that post, he was the main one I was thinking of. He was such a perfect Donny, and since Donny comes across as even nerdier now (maybe), I would love to hear how Barry would voice him.

Maybe they did decide to bring in Rob just to coax the old fans into watching or for those who did grow up watching the original series (as Cipes did, for example). Still would've been interesting to hear all four of them again just to reprise their roles or have Cam as Mikey and Townsend as Leo...but I'm only getting like this since next year is the OT's 25th anniversary.

IveyAngelo
07-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Glad everyone is liking the interview, Greg is great for Mikey and he's a lot of fun.

About the sound thing. I thought about getting another mic for the camera and realized this camera (which was NOT cheap when I got it) doesn't even have a mic jack of any type. I've gone over and over the thing, it's not worth keeping for the blogs, but it's all I got.

This is why Cowabunga Corner is starting to try and sell merch. We want to give everyone better. We want to be able to make this show into something esp with all the doors that keep opening for us. We have more interviews this up coming season than we've ever had, to the point that we're doing interviews for Season 4 right now too! Talk about insanity.

If we can start making money through T-Shirt sales, donations, or anything else so Cowabunga Corner can start to pay for itself we will be working at getting a high deff camera with external mics. That's on the top of the list of things we want. We got a lot of great plans in the works, but don't have the budget to do this.

If anyone wants to help us in this area, check out CC and our T-Shirt sale. The first 30 people to order T-Shirts get an autographed card from people that were interviewed on CC. Not one card has everyone's autograph, but most cards have more than one autograph on them.

Till we can afford the new cameras we are doing the best we can. Which is usually trying to find some where quiet for us to set up and record. Though as mentioned before I don't always get to choose the places for the interviews. I still feel getting this up with what I can do, is better than skipping out on the chance to share.

Master Splinter
07-25-2011, 10:49 AM
What type of camera is it? Maybe we can do some sleuthing and see if there is a work around?

-ms

IveyAngelo
07-25-2011, 11:23 AM
It's a JVC Everio

Got a few problems... one all our images are redder than they really are. So the color settings is off we're playing with it to try and fix that. The mic is built in with no jacks what so ever to plug in mics. I got it to be able to video tape panels in 2007... did not know I was going to be doing blogs or I would of went after an HD camera instead.

Spent over $900 on the camera, dvd burner for it and batteries. Only got one of the original batteries i bought left. Found some I'm looking at going after... but just need to be able to start saving. Never going with JVC again.

Vincent
07-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Just do it the classic way. Record the audio on a separate device (perhaps a tape recorder or digital equivalent; there's plenty of cheap/used gear around that's good enough to be audible) and then sync it to the video in editing. Just clap your hands to have an easy point of reference for syncing audio and video.

IveyAngelo
07-28-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm sorry, I'd rather just save up for a new camera that would fix all of my problems than jumping out and buying something to hold over till I get it. That seems like it'll just dip into the funding for the real answer to the problem. As mentioned we have other problems with the JVC camera, so over all we want to replace it.

We have thought about the idea of a different sound recording device. It was discussed after the "Shell Shocked Event" which we're still working on doing a full edit for. That's another one where sound is going to be an issue because of all the back ground noises and such. But we decided to just go with saving up for the new camera.

I know it can be annoying with sound, though most people who've watched it can hear the interview. And with most videos we do not have sound problems, as usually I am inside doing video footage for Cowabunga Corner. Hopefully within the next year we'll come up with away to fund for the new stuff. Till than we're just saving for it.