PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca Black...

Revan
07-24-2011, 09:41 PM
So unless you have been living under a rock, you have probably heard the "music" of youtube teen sensation Rebecca Black. I have read what seems like endless criticism and hateful comments from all kinds of people. Unfortunately the internet provides the perfect medium to anonymously insult anyone and anything you want from the safety of your home computer.

Of course, Rebecca Black's debut song "Friday" racked up youtube hits like crazy. Pi9W533aJp4

Well, the song is clearly about a middle school student excited for Friday because she wants to ride in a convertible to a "party." However, Rebecca claims there is much more to this song... watch this ****

6DYi8fmLYSQ

When I first saw this video, my first reaction was bull-****. But after I got to thinking, I couldn't help but wonder if that was her intention. I mean, no one is this stupid, right? I think this "explanation" video is brilliant. After all, they say "all publicity is good publicity." I think this explanation is an attempt to get people talking about her. Why else would she willingly say these things? It's complete idiocy!

Well, her latest song "My Moment" recently hit youtube and the views skyrocketed; not surprisingly. I guess its a song about a young girl getting her 15 mins... here it is

2OxWD85Ngz4

Now, she doesn't write her own songs. At least I don't think so because if she does... just wow. Anyway, there is one particular line I find confusing. It reads

"...I've waited for so long but now everybody knows..."

WAITED FOR SO LONG?! wtf. How can that even be? So long? She is 14! How long could she have possibly waited? :roll: What is she talking about?

If I had to sum up my feelings for Ms Black in one word it would be, "whatever." There are those out there who feel quite strongly about her. It seems like a lot of negativity from what I have read. Many people feel she has no talent but isn't there something to be said for a young person with no talent to be this famous? I would say she has done pretty well for herself. She struck gold on youtube. I say good for you Rebecca. Keep doing what you do even though it lacks substance.

Jester
07-24-2011, 10:02 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again..."Meh!"

Iroh
07-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I never paid too much attention to her videos. I just go to her videos to press numbers 1-0 in order to hear the funny noises and see the funny faces that she makes.:tgrin::tlol:

AT-Man
07-26-2011, 01:58 PM
I love Friday and now that I first heard My Moment, it's also a good one.

Eiko
07-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Guess i have been living under a rock. Never heard of this person.

Luzmagica
07-27-2011, 12:04 AM

Thanks God!... :lol: .... I think I was the only one living under a rock!!!! :tgrin::tgrin::tgrin::tlol::tlol::tlol:

Sword Slicin' Leo
07-27-2011, 10:04 AM

I second that... who is she?

Candy Cougar
09-18-2011, 03:11 AM
The whole Rebecca Black thing is super lame IMO. Guess you don't need to be talented or innovative to make money these days...Should I be encouraged or discouraged by this?:lol:

That being said, I still jokingly sing the Friday song at least once every Friday...Damn it...:ohwell:

gobo
09-18-2011, 11:39 AM
So unless you have been living under a rock
Yessir, Mr. silly-creature. Fraggle Rock!
Rebecca Black
Who?

shuriken
09-18-2011, 12:51 PM
I like the video analyzation. She knows that her song sucks and is is just screwing with people. awesome

Candy Kappa
09-18-2011, 12:51 PM
to say it nicely, not a fan.

She had her 15 min. Goodbye!