PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

Jester
08-14-2011, 08:35 PM
I figured this would be the best place for it...kinda like random thoughts, but more for things that you wanna sounding board for, that might not make for a complete thread. I'll start:

Is it just me...or are Raphael fans the only ones who really see their favorite character's weaknesses...maybe because his are the most plain?

Powder
08-14-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't think that's the case. I see a lot of Leonardo fans (myself included) who like him a lot because of his flaws, ya know, like his need to take on the worlds burdens, self-doubts, etc. I'm sure it goes that way with all turtles, but there are some fans who will always size up their favorite character to be perfect in their eyes, whether it be one turtle or another. Did something in particular make this cross your mind?

Jester
08-14-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't think that's the case. I see a lot of Leonardo fans (myself included) who like him a lot because of his flaws, ya know, like his need to take on the worlds burdens, self-doubts, etc. I'm sure it goes that way with all turtles, but there are some fans who will always size up their favorite character to be perfect in their eyes, whether it be one turtle or another. Did something in particular make this cross your mind?
Reading the Leonardo thread, mainly. I tried to think if fans of the other Turtles were so "My favorites perfect!" and I couldn't think of a Raph fan who thought he was perfect, and I figured that it was because his major personality trait is mainly a negative one, and could be seen as a flaw.

Raph's Girl
08-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Reading the Leonardo thread, mainly. I tried to think if fans of the other Turtles were so "My favorites perfect!" and I couldn't think of a Raph fan who thought he was perfect, and I figured that it was because his major personality trait is mainly a negative one, and could be seen as a flaw.

No one is perfect. That's what I like about the turtles. They all have their own flaws and traits that are unique to them. Yes Raph's is mainly his anger and alcaholism (but only in the comics) but that's what makes Raph well Raph.

Jester
08-14-2011, 09:23 PM
No one is perfect. That's what I like about the turtles. They all have their own flaws and traits that are unique to them. Yes Raph's is mainly his anger and alcaholism (but only in the comics) but that's what makes Raph well Raph.
I agree, it's also what makes them "real" for lack of a better term. If a character has no flaws, then they're very one note and not realistic. But then again, there also has to be some redeeming value to, in the case of Raphael, or that character could be just as one note and fake.

Slap-Happy
08-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Did Raphael really ever have alcoholism in the comics? Yeah, he drank beer sometimes, but full on alcoholism?

Raph's Girl
08-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Did Raphael really ever have alcoholism in the comics? Yeah, he drank beer sometimes, but full on alcoholism?

He's been drinking since practically day one...and if he hadn't been drunk he probably would have been able to fight off those "vampires".

They're always (especially in vol 4) hanging out at that Alien/Human bar. Raph more so than the others.

Jester
08-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Is it just me...or did TMNT volume 4 do more ridiculous and character changing things to the Turtles (and others) than the 3rd Image volume?

Powder
08-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Is it just me...or did TMNT volume 4 do more ridiculous and character changing things to the Turtles (and others) than the 3rd Image volume?

Oh most definitely. How ironic. Personally, as far as the radical changes go, I'll take vol. 3 over 4 any day.

Jester
08-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Oh most definitely. How ironic. Personally, as far as the radical changes go, I'll take vol. 3 over 4 any day.
Indeed.
Shredder Raph > Gameraph
Bat Splinter > Dead Splinter
Image April (is there a real difference) > "Image" April (I made a funny)
Cyborg Don > um...uh...Cyborg Don

Powder
08-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Plus IMO-

Poet Mikey> Astronaut Mikey

Jester
08-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Poet Mikey > Astronaut Mikey
Thank you...I couldn't come up with witty names for Leo and Mikey. :D

Powder
08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Well, I do prefer Leo with both hands to say the least. :tgrin:

Luzmagica
08-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Yep... :trazz:

...Will they released a new Game-card set or a new collectable Trading card set based on Nick series??... Which company can do it after Fleer closed production/making...?

Jester
08-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Is it just me...or are the Fantastic 4 movies over criticized? They aren't THAT bad.

and on a related note...

Is it just me...or is it odd that Marvel never did a "The War Against Galactus" arc where "heroes" from multiple planets in the Marvel universe team up and form an armada to destroy Galactus once and for all...after all why should one planet eating dude live when countless die each time he feeds...

Oh, did I mention this isn't just a Turtles thread....my bad! :D

gobo
09-07-2011, 09:10 AM
When is it not just Jester?

Jester
09-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Is it just me, or are a lot of threads popping up about things we've already discussed at length several times already?

oldmanwinters
09-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Is it just me, or are a lot of threads popping up about things we've already discussed at length several times already?

That's the story of 2011 on this forum. I don't even bother with the Nick TMNT thread unless there is an actual break of new information.

Krang
09-17-2011, 02:08 AM
If you'd like me to merge any of those threads, just let me know where they are and I'll take care of them.

Candy Kappa
09-17-2011, 04:01 AM
Is it just me...or are the Fantastic 4 movies over criticized? They aren't THAT bad.

I think so...

Jessica Alba as one of the smartest women in Marvel Universe is just wrong

BubblyShell22
09-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Is it just me, or does bad sh*t keep happening to me lately because of some karmic shift in the universe?

Jester
10-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Is it just me or is the Onceler, from Dr. Seuss' the Lorax, a terrible businessman as well as a destroyer of the environment. I mean, the Trufulla Trees are needed to make Sneeds...why didn't he replace the Truffula Trees that he hacked down? I mean...they're not an unlimited resource.

The same could be asked about hunting...what idiot is gonna hunt an animal into extinction? Then you cain't hunt it no more!

BubblyShell22
10-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, that makes no sense, but when has any Dr. Seuss book ever made any sense?

plastroncafe
10-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Jester, what you're forgetting is that the world is full of such idiots.
Just ask the Dodo. Oh wait...

BubblyShell22
10-07-2011, 05:07 PM
ROTFLMAO. Nice one, Plastron.

Jester
10-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Is that how the dodo met extinction?
EDIT: A combination of hunting and humans introducing yet unheard of predators on the dodos, like dogs, pigs, and monkeys who raided nests of eggs. This aspect is what caused the extinction more than the hunting. Oh...and flash floods also decimated the populations that weren't already harmed by the hunting and the new predators.

gobo
10-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Well, fine. Just ask The Simsons then.

Jester
11-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Is it just me or when people ask a voice actor to do one of their characters for them they always use the same line over and over again?

gobo
11-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Is it just me or is it everyone else as well?

Jester
11-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Is it just me or is it everyone else as well?

It's just you....

Jester
11-04-2011, 03:21 AM
Jim Cummings has a brother who does voice work named Brian?

Jester
11-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Is it me or are the deleted musical numbers from classic Disney movies welcome deletions? I mean Human Again from Beauty and the Beast and Morning Report from the Lion King are not the strongest songs ever written, though Human Again is the better of the 2.

Addendum: Belle had no idea that the Beast would become a human in the end...what does that say about her? She had to love him back...does that mean romantically?...to break the spell. Is she a furry or something? And what about the Beast, his relationship with Belle was perpetuated on a lie, which in itself was initially selfish. Sorry...over analyzing.

Additional Addendum: I think Gaston is one of my favorite Disney villains. Such a pompous douche.
Maybe it's because my sentiments above kind of echo his. The "Beauty and the Beast" relationship in a way is kind of icky.

BubblyShell22
11-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I agree that Belle didn't know about what would happen to the Beast. I don't think she cared about what he looked like, which was sort of the point of the movie, at least partially. She didn't fall in love right away though, which was a good thing. At least she took her time about it and began to see that he could really be nice. And remember, the enchanted objects had a hand in their matchmaking, so if you want to blame anybody for it, blame them.

I liked both deleted songs from Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. Sure, they definitely weren't strong songs, but when added in, they added something to the movie that wasn't done before.

I always hated Gaston. I just wanted to punch him.

Jester
11-08-2011, 03:08 AM
Is it just me or, despite how awesome he is, is hearing Jim Cumming's voice come out of Powhatan's mouth as his singing voice still very jarring?

EDIT: Reading IMDB makes me wonder what Disney was thinking, thinking that Pocahontas would be a more prestigious picture than The Lion King, which was produced at around the same time. Is it because it's a more "adult" animated feature? But it messed with the history and cranked up the white guilt to over 9000...

BubblyShell22
11-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah, it is a bit jarring to hear his singing voice like that. I thought it would be very different than his speaking voice. Nevertheless, he did a good job as Powhatan.

I think they thought maybe it would be acclaimed because of the history involved with it. Despite how it may have screwed up with the historical aspects, I really enjoyed the film and list it as one of my favorites. I also like The Lion King as well. However, if I have to pick a top favorite, that goes to The Aristocats. That one will always be awesome to me.

Jester
11-08-2011, 05:05 PM
I really enjoyed [Pocahontas] and list it as one of my favorites. I also like The Lion King as well. However, if I have to pick a top favorite, that goes to The Aristocats. That one will always be awesome to me.
My favorite Disney flick is the animal version of Robin Hood. An underrated Disney classic. Followed closely by Aladdin, if only because of Robin Williams.

BubblyShell22
11-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Ah, yes, Robin Hood was good, too as was Aladdin.

Jester
11-09-2011, 02:04 AM
is it just me or are Revenge of the Nerds III and IV trying too hard to make "Nerd" a minority class needing civil rights?

Even Brian "Leonardo" Tochi can't save it.

Zany Orange Dude
11-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Is it just me or when ever you are watching a movie or show, it never fails to get really weird or stupid the moment someone else walks in the room!

SherlockJr
11-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Pretty much. For me, stuff gets dirty the moment someone walks in the room. One time, I was watching Black Swan, and just as my mom walked in, the lesbian sex scene started. :ohwell: Awkwardness defined.

mysterycolor
11-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Is it just me or when ever you are watching a movie or show, it never fails to get really weird or stupid the moment someone else walks in the room!
yeah- that is def not just you :)

mysterycolor
11-21-2011, 08:23 AM
is it just me or whenever you see Jester's "Did someone say Rob Paulsen" you momentarily think of the Fight Club scene where they are chanting "his name is Robert Paulson!"

gobo
11-21-2011, 01:37 PM
What's a fight club?

Jester
11-21-2011, 06:34 PM
What's a fight club?
You can't talk about fight club....

BubblyShell22
11-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Is it just me or are the days of sunsine really over? Seems like it to me as we've had no sun for at least three days here.

gobo
11-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Don't worry. The sun's just praacticing for when it'll cease to exist a month from now. That's all. ;)

EDIT: Scratch that. That's next year. My bad! :embarass:

BubblyShell22
11-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Ah, I see what you did there, Gobo.

Timmetry
02-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Is it just me or is the fact that Disney made the frog prince just so they could have an African American princess a bit sad, then funny when you realize she's not technically a princess? (I've never seen the show, but what I know of the story, a princess kisses a frog and he turns into a prince, breaking some curse, but if she is NOT a princess, then she turns into a frog herself.)

Jester
02-16-2012, 07:30 PM
She becomes a princess by eventually marrying him... the Prince... who became a frog. Complicated. She was, for a moment, the Princess of Mardi Gras. I know...lame cop-out.

Oh, look Jim Cummings is a lightning bug!

BubblyShell22
02-17-2012, 09:51 AM
And a very funny lightning bug at that.

Lethal Lullaby
03-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Is it just me or am I the only who feels uneasy around baby monitors? I know they're suppose to help keep an ear out for the baby, but everytime I hear just one little noise I become paranoid. Than I think I'm hearing the baby crying but he ain't, or it's just the tv. So I go turn on other lights because The living room light ain't enough. I can't even sleep with that thing on. And the worst part is that I'm the only one who's awake listening to it. Since mom has to work early and my brother just falls asleep. So I'm stuck with the flipping scary baby monitor, and my mind that's going crazy with scenarios like: What if the baby fell off the bed and I somehow didn't hear him? Or what if there's some demon creature hovering over him. Again with the little noises I hear a beeping or something and I freak out a little. I'm seriously about to almost cry now it's driving me up the wall.
Also is it just me or is a scary to look into a mirror at night because I just went pass the dark bathroom with mirror in it and shuddered when seeing it. I didn't see anything in the mirror but I just felt a little creeped out. I'm afraid to use the bathroom at night now...

Mr.Turtle
05-04-2012, 09:48 PM
coz hes the only one who got the nickname that tells his weakness. check this out: leo:fearless leader, mikey:party dude, don:einstein, raph:hot head...

Lethal Lullaby
05-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Is it just me or am I the onlly one that thinks hamburgers smell and taste weird?

Nintendophile
05-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Burgers do smell weird, but then again, I'm a vegetarian, so I might be biased.

Is it just me, or do people seem to be getting less intelligent every day? I'm really starting to view intelligent people as a rare commodity.

Lethal Lullaby
05-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Burgers do smell weird, but then again, I'm a vegetarian, so I might be biased.

Is it just me, or do people seem to be getting less intelligent every day? I'm really starting to view intelligent people as a rare commodity.

Actually I've noticed the world's stupidity has increased.

Jester
05-08-2012, 03:44 PM
icmRCixQrx8

Nintendophile
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
icmRCixQrx8

It's going to happen.
But at least we'll have "Brawndo"! (It's got electrolytes!)

Jester
05-08-2012, 08:41 PM
It's going to happen.
But at least we'll have "Brawndo"! (It's got electrolytes!)
It has what plants crave!