PDA

View Full Version : Which TMNT universe didn't get a proper ending? List inside

CyberCubed
09-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Of all the endings:

Original cartoon: Lord Dregg is defeated, Shredder/Krang are lost in Dimension X, the Technodrome is destroyed and abandoned...the Turtles mutations were stabilized and Carter was gone....was a decent enough ending.

4kids cartoon: Turtles Forever wraps it all up, Ch'rell is dead. Karai switches sides, Hun stays mutated, Bishop/Baxter become good in FF. April/Casey get married. Only loose end was Darrius/Dark Turtles in the future.

Movie universe: By the end of Movie 3 there was no dangling plots, if you count the 4th movie, they hinted a Shredder return but I guess it doesn't matter.

Archie universe: Forever War might still happen, if not, "Year of the Turtle" did a fine job of wrapping up the universe with the Turtles final battle against Shredder. Splinter does say, "This is the last Turtles story, after this one you'll have heard them all."

Mirage Universe: Unfinished, we are still awaiting a Volume 4 conclusion. We have a future timeline though and Tales #69 let's us know how everything plays out. The Image series is also being tied back into continuity.

So it seems to me as if every TMNT universe aside from Mirage did get a decent ending before the new Nick and IDW universes start.

Icebot
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't know about the 4kids cartoon. They never showed Serling going back to 2105 at the end of Back To The Sewers. And the turtles' lair was destroyed in Turtles Forever. They never got a new home and they didn't even seem to care.

Logan
09-02-2011, 12:52 PM
What about Next Mutation? I only saw a few episodes, so I have no idea if it was left unresolved.

CyberCubed
09-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't know about the 4kids cartoon. They never showed Serling going back to 2105 at the end of Back To The Sewers. And the turtles' lair was destroyed in Turtles Forever. They never got a new home and they didn't even seem to care.

Serling obviously went back to the future between the end of BTTS and Turtles Forever.

sdp
09-02-2011, 01:23 PM
What about Next Mutation? I only saw a few episodes, so I have no idea if it was left unresolved.

Well the last episode is about Venus, half of it is a clip show and the other half original footage, it shows her arc of how she wasn't accepted to being accepted by the end of the series and whatnot and it really is a nice tribute episode to end what would be her final appearance.

As far as unresolved things well Dragonlord is never defeated his last episode involves him retaking the throne I believe since he loses it earlier in the episode. But while the Dragonlord arc wasn't finished per se I don't think he would have still been the main villain for a Season 2, it would have been Shredder and he would have become more of a recurring villain. umm..Shredder while he gets amnesia and is defeated in the beginning of the series near the end he appears again and at the end of the episode he regains his memory/fighting skills and basically sets him up as a villain again. All the other villains were defeated but could have easily came back. Vaami was the only villain who was actually killed.

Jephael
09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Original cartoon: Lord Dregg is defeated, Shredder/Krang are lost in Dimension X, the Technodrome is destroyed and abandoned...the Turtles mutations were stabilized and Carter was gone....was a decent enough ending.

What about Usagi? He never got sent back to his home dimension.