PDA

View Full Version : Any one know

Stingray69
10-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Any one know when IDW will be releasing the first comic for download.

Powder
10-11-2011, 09:53 PM
I didn't know that they had intentions of doing so... Your best bet is to email them or check out their forum.

Venom
10-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Bobby Curnow stated over on the IDW Forums that they do not have the rights to digital yet, but is currently trying to get them along with UK publishing rights.

Stingray69
10-12-2011, 12:28 PM
That sucks cant believe they have they rights to digital. I mean how do they not have the rights to it its there comic?

Venom
10-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Sure it's theie comic, but the TMNT is Nick's property and that's part of why it's taking a while to get all the licenses needed to publish in other mediums and markets. Whoever the higher ups are at IDW who secure licensing is probably working with many parties to figure out how to get the correct licenses needed.

pannoni1
10-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Typically, if and how long does a typical comic publisher take to release a digital copy? What comics do this? Also, I suspect with pirating, IDW doesn't want money to be lost through downloading and file sharing, so they don't feel it's practical at this moment and may not be simply due to rights. I can't believe in this day and age so many negotiations take so long to complete; after all it is done by brains and not computer chips!

Mr._Mutant_Man
10-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Typically, if and how long does a typical comic publisher take to release a digital copy? What comics do this?

A lot of them are now offering digital comics the same day as the physical copy is available. DC made a big deal about doing this for their "new 52". Marvel is doing it as well, and both are making older comics available online too.