PDA

View Full Version : New Avengers Line at NYCC

Donnie
10-14-2011, 09:02 PM
The new action figure line supporting The Avengers movie looked phenomenal at NYCC. Did anybody attend Con and happen to catch a look at these?

Slap-Happy
10-14-2011, 09:24 PM
I saw the figures online....

And they look like Hasbro's worst marvel movie line, IMO.

EDIT: Looking at them again, it's a little harsh to say that, but they still don't look very good. The hulk figure looks really bad.

It might be some of the designs that turn me off of it, but we'll see.

Brodie
10-14-2011, 10:04 PM
I didn't see the Hulk figure... I saw Hawkeye, and it looked a lot like Renner. Pretty fantastic.

Worst Marvel movie line? Maybe you didn't see the Thor line. or the 6 inch Incredible Hulk line.

Slap-Happy
10-14-2011, 10:46 PM
I was actually debating if I should've said that based on the incredible hulk and first Iron Man line.

The 6 inch figures look pretty good, specifically Loki and Hawkeye (who does look a lot like Renner) but the 3 3/4 don't look all that great. I'll find a pic of hulk, who kind of takes the line down a notch.

Here he is:
http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_New_York_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FDay_1%2F3 _75_Inch_Avengers&pic=IMG_6413.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

Ninjinister
10-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Main focus of the line seems to be Iron Man, Thor, and Cap... the exact guys that are already clogging shelves at this very moment.

Hopefully Fury, Widow, Hulk, and Hawkeye get their dues.

Slap-Happy
10-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Main focus of the line seems to be Iron Man, Thor, and Cap...
Already looks like there's two Iron Men in the first wave. Mk7, and a "stealth" Mk 6.

Jester
10-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Sorry to stray from the topic, but what's with Tron Spidey?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Jesterangelo/IMG_6423.jpg

Discogod
10-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Sorry to stray from the topic, but what's with Tron Spidey?
http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/albums/2011_New_York_Comic_Con/Hasbro/Day_1/Marvel_Legends/IMG_6423.jpg

That's one of his recent costumes. It's the All-Star (i.e. an A-lister that doesn't include a BAF piece) for their 2nd wave of the Marvel Legends relaunch.

Jester
10-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Wait...they're doing "Don't have to buy a 37th Spider-man for a piece" BAFs. Awesome!

Slap-Happy
10-15-2011, 10:22 AM
I believe that they don't include BAF piecesin the packages of the most recognizable characters from the lines. That, or if they do have BAF pieces, they are ones already in different figures packaging.

I think for wave one, it's Iron Man and Thor. For wave two, probably Bucky Cap and Spider-Man.

Ninjinister
10-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Funny, I'm seeing this "Tron Spidey" question a lot.

It's from a storyline that occurred last year called "Big Time". I didn't follow it, but from what I've read, it had to do with Pete losing his Spider Sense and crafting a suit/suits to compensate. I don't really know too much else other than it being an unlockable costume in MvC3 (and I think a second variation will be showing up in UMvC3).

Donnie
10-16-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm most excited about Loki's figure, it looks great. He's the only one I'm going to buy - Tom Hiddleston is the reason Loki became my favorite Marvel character. I usually don't like the villains, but in Thor they made Loki so damn likable. I'd wager in The Avengers he's going to be more evil.