PDA

View Full Version : How Many Cartoonists Do We Have?

Dirty Blond
10-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I've been a member for only a small period of time and I'm glad to notice that we have a lot of artists aboard The Drome.

I love cartooning, mostly strips. I read a lot of Peanuts and Calvin & Hobbes when I was growing up. Also, Matt Groening's Life in Hell was a big influence.

I used to think cartooning would get me girls. Oh, well.

:trolleye:

This is one of my characters:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o98HyGxMgeE/TpkAHYZOgEI/AAAAAAAAAWc/XdK9eYY_8M8/s1600/Ryan+S.jpg

PS I'm left-handed.

:tcool:

gobo
10-19-2011, 02:19 PM
That's an awfully broad question. Do you mean "professional" or "aspiring"? Set some criteria. There are some pros from Mirage Studios and Nick on here. Also, there are several aspiring artists.

Me? I'm just an idea-man who can't draw a straight line. :tgrumble:

Dirty Blond
10-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Do you mean "professional" or "aspiring"? Set some criteria.

Pro; am.; would-be; wannabe; starving; thriving: All who doodle!

Candy Kappa
10-20-2011, 04:24 AM
I have a webcomic, but it's pretty much dead at the moment due to lack of time to work on it.

right now I am trying to focus on my animation skills so I can get my BA next school year

pannoni1
10-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Literally we have hundreds of thousands, if not millions in this world who have done some concept of a "cartoon drawing" at some point in their life. Technically, my avatar makes me a "cartoonist" since I've drawn using electronic processes, that includes drawing. It's just a question of who are the BEST cartoonists, as it would help if online contests/auditions would make various professional jobs more supportive of the proper cartoonist for the work that the producers/creators are suggesting. There's a lot of potential talent and it all comes down to proper management. It also means that there is a lot of competition, so the lesser people need to accept it more as a hobby and simply to enjoy what they're doing rather than accept it as a job for someone else.

cowabunga14
10-26-2011, 03:39 AM
Pro; am.; would-be; wannabe; starving; thriving: All who doodle!
With that in mind, I do draw and have played around with the comic medium. I'm looking to get into animation.

Redeemer
10-28-2011, 09:53 AM
I actual draw a lot but I am to lazy to up load it on the drome.....:lol:

Master Splinter
10-28-2011, 10:16 AM
I actual draw a lot but I am to lazy to up load it on the drome.....:lol:

I have a web comic called Killer Teddy Bears From Outer Space! that I try to work on when I can. It's amateur at best but still something fun to do...

-ms

Rikirk
11-05-2011, 01:01 AM
I like to consider myself an amateur cartoonist.
Emphasis on the word amateur.