PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite TMNT logo?

pannoni1
11-16-2011, 07:29 AM
The franchise had introduced several logos over the years which represents a different unit of the multiverse, beginning with the original Mirage logo (which has made a comeback recently with the IDW series) and concluding with the Nickelodeon 2012 series logo. But which of these is your favorite?

NOTE: I just signed up with a Photobucket account and this evening will provide the logos side-by-side with each other.

Master Splinter
11-16-2011, 07:33 AM
The franchise had introduced several logos over the years which represents a different unit of the multiverse, beginning with the original Mirage logo (which has made a comeback recently with the IDW series) and concluding with the Nickelodeon 2012 series logo. But which of these is your favorite?

My favorite is probably the original toon logo, followed by the original mirage vol.1 logo... However the new Nick logo looks pretty awesome..

-ms

tone-master21
11-16-2011, 07:40 AM
My favorite is also the OT logo.

SparkyMarky644
11-16-2011, 08:17 AM
My favourite was the OT logo as well.

Stingray69
11-16-2011, 09:33 AM
ot logo was mine to but I do really like the 2k3 series logo when it was spelled out like the ot logo was.

Redeemer
11-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Sorry got to go with the OT logo as im sure as most will....and no its not for nostalgia either I jst like the design of it and its jst really simplistic, but well designed.

Powder
11-16-2011, 02:02 PM
For the rainbow universes, the OT logo is my favorite. For the comics, I like the Image logo. Real bold & clean, often with cool gradient colors.
Vote will go to the OT, though, 'cause it's there.

ToTheNines
11-16-2011, 03:44 PM
The logo from Mirage Volume 1 #1 is where it's at. Nothing will ever top it as far as I'm concerned.

The Fifth Turtle
11-16-2011, 03:55 PM
OT, Mirage Its a one two combo.

pannoni1
11-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Well, here are all the logos side-by-side:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/yelimsexa/tmntlogos.png

My ranking, from best to worst:

1. 1987 Cartoon. Classic. Will always be the logo I envision first when I think "Ninja Turtles".
2. Mirage Vol.1/IDW Comics. The origin of the TMNT, and fits the edgier nature of the comics fine.
3. Nickelodeon Cartoon. A cool design for today's era; I hope you start recognizing this more just like you did for the 4kids logo.
4. City At War. Has some influences from 1987 with the white on red horizontal bar, but a nice then-contemporary design.
5. 1990's movie. While a bit blocky, it's still a classic.
6. 2003 Cartoon. While the colors preserve the spirit of the original and the letters show it's a new generation, it's not quite "that's the Ninja Turtles!" to me.
7. Turtles Forever. A nice, contemporary logo that sums up 25 years of a franchise, though not quite as memorable.
8. 2007 movie. A bit edgier, this embodies the 2000's boho-spirit, but I'm not really fond of it.
9. Back to the Sewer. The lettering looks a bit cheap, but at least it tries to show that it's part of the Turtles!
10. Tales of the TMNT. Very banal and basic.
11. The Next Mutation. Oh no, since when did the Ninja Turtles become some Samurai b-movie?

I have no comment on TMHT since it's not part of my territory.

MrPliggins
11-16-2011, 05:17 PM
The '80s cartoon logo is the most original, iconic, and it's easily recognizable in a split second. A very impactful logo. Anyone know who designed it? Someone at Playmates?

Donnie
11-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Close call, but I'm going to say the 1990 movie logo. It's pure awesomeness. Second would be Mirage.

TMNT_2010
11-16-2011, 06:37 PM
I have to go with the OT as well.

Looking at all of them now side by side its the one that jumps out at me first. Whoever came up with it really made sure the logo would quickly catch the eye.

The 2003 logo is also good, followed by the movie logo. A lot of them are pretty bad though.

Prowler
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
OT's followed by 2k3's toon.

Jester
11-17-2011, 04:13 PM
I agree with Powder...where's the Image TMNT logo?

Master Splinter
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM
No Image logo?

-ms

oldmanwinters
11-17-2011, 05:51 PM
I love how basic the original live-action movie's logo looked. It suggests that's all the kid's really needed to know in order to get excited about the film: Teenage. Mutant. Ninja. Turtles. Nuff' said!

Starting @ 0:38:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Urnzz-eXO8

I also like how each adjective gets the same weight. Most logos emphasize "Turtles" but its that "Teenage Mutant Ninja" description that proved to be the hook that got most people interested in the franchise.

Bauer536
11-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, here are all the logos side-by-side:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/yelimsexa/tmntlogos.png

My ranking, from best to worst:

1. 1987 Cartoon. Classic. Will always be the logo I envision first when I think "Ninja Turtles".
2. Mirage Vol.1/IDW Comics. The origin of the TMNT, and fits the edgier nature of the comics fine.
3. Nickelodeon Cartoon. A cool design for today's era; I hope you start recognizing this more just like you did for the 4kids logo.
4. City At War. Has some influences from 1987 with the white on red horizontal bar, but a nice then-contemporary design.
5. 1990's movie. While a bit blocky, it's still a classic.
6. 2003 Cartoon. While the colors preserve the spirit of the original and the letters show it's a new generation, it's not quite "that's the Ninja Turtles!" to me.
7. Turtles Forever. A nice, contemporary logo that sums up 25 years of a franchise, though not quite as memorable.
8. 2007 movie. A bit edgier, this embodies the 2000's boho-spirit, but I'm not really fond of it.
9. Back to the Sewer. The lettering looks a bit cheap, but at least it tries to show that it's part of the Turtles!
10. Tales of the TMNT. Very banal and basic.
11. The Next Mutation. Oh no, since when did the Ninja Turtles become some Samurai b-movie?

I have no comment on TMHT since it's not part of my territory.

Man. I couldn't vote. I have a lot of favorites.

1.The original is the original. It's cool.:tcool: I know IDW has done the same thing, but since I don't like their interpretation, I can't say I like IDW's version. No one can beat the very first!:twink:

2. 80's OT toon: my absolute favorite. I grew up with this logo.:tsmile:

3.The movie one is not bad. It reminds me of the Mirage style.

4.The logo for City at War looks okay.

5.TNM is not bad, but not fantastic.

6.2k3 series: New and original. I like the logo better than the toon and its theme song.:tsmile:

7.2k7 film: This logo is inspirational. Probably, my all time favorite, second to the OT style.

8.Back to the Sewers: Can someone say, "Cheesey?":tlol: This one is awful.

9.Nickelodeon: This reminds me of the Mirage style, but taken to another level. I like it.:tsmile:

10.Tales of the TMNT: Interesting. Not great, but good.

11.The word "Hero" takes away the magic.:tsad:

12.Turtles Forever: Very boring. It needs more flair.

So, I have a few favorites. I can't choose one.:tgrin:

Powder
11-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Way to not include the Image logo, pan...

Allow me.

http://i42.tinypic.com/9kxes1.gif

For that matter you're also passing over TMNT (as in vol. 4).

Bauer536
11-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Way to not include the Image logo, pan...

Allow me.

http://i42.tinypic.com/9kxes1.gif

Interesting. It's very Star Warsish. Not bad.:tsmile:

Samhain
11-17-2011, 08:24 PM
The original Mirage one for me. I just love that bloody katana.

Master Splinter
11-18-2011, 06:57 AM

I knew there was another one aside from the Image logo, I just could not remember...

-ms

Fugitoid Jones
11-29-2011, 04:50 AM
Fred Wolf/Archie got my vote (with the Mirage logo a close second). I love how the 'Turtles' letters look like they're made of a shell. Very cool, very creative.

Sage Ninja
11-30-2011, 09:36 PM
I always loved the old turtles shell paterned lettering of classic toon logo.

magidkaiser
12-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Fred Wolf /Archie logo

Mr._Mutant_Man
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
The original Mirage.

I really like the sword going through it, although I never noticed it until a couple of years ago.