PDA

View Full Version : Peanuts Completes the Major Broadcast Network Cycle

Guitar_Raph
11-22-2011, 06:05 AM
This Thanksgiving, Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown will complete the broadcast network cycle (except CW) as it airs on Fox.

The Peanuts specials have always aired on ABC from 2000 up while CBS has been the home from 1965-99. The only time they were on NBC was back in 1994 called You're In The Super Bowl, Charlie Brown.

pannoni1
11-22-2011, 07:42 AM
The only other TV things that I can think of are the NFL, including the Super Bowl (CBS for most of its history, ABC Monday Night Football 1970-2004, FOX since 1994, and NBC for awhile in the '90s.) , and the World Series (FOX since the mid-'90s, and ABC, CBS, and NBC have done it in years past). But I'm sure that there's been so much more that have completed the network cycle, even outside of sports. I don't consider the CW or the "My Network" "major networks as I hear those two tend to favor a more african-american audience, just like Univision/Telemundo targets the latino audience.
Though, The Price is Right was on NBC and ABC back in the 1950s/1960s before relaunching on CBS in 1972 (and has aired in Syndication including some FOX stations for the short-lived 1994 edition). So at that time when there was no FOX, TPIR completed the major broadcast network cycle. I'm not sure if that was the first show to do so, however. (I am a big TPIR fan, though I hated when the Golden-Road.net forum closed down a few months ago as I was a nice lurker there!)

Guitar_Raph
11-22-2011, 08:03 PM
The only other TV things that I can think of are the NFL, including the Super Bowl (CBS for most of its history, ABC Monday Night Football 1970-2004, FOX since 1994, and NBC for awhile in the '90s.) , and the World Series (FOX since the mid-'90s, and ABC, CBS, and NBC have done it in years past). But I'm sure that there's been so much more that have completed the network cycle, even outside of sports. I don't consider the CW or the "My Network" "major networks as I hear those two tend to favor a more african-american audience, just like Univision/Telemundo targets the latino audience.
Though, The Price is Right was on NBC and ABC back in the 1950s/1960s before relaunching on CBS in 1972 (and has aired in Syndication including some FOX stations for the short-lived 1994 edition). So at that time when there was no FOX, TPIR completed the major broadcast network cycle. I'm not sure if that was the first show to do so, however. (I am a big TPIR fan, though I hated when the Golden-Road.net forum closed down a few months ago as I was a nice lurker there!)

You did your homework.

However, ABC had football up to 2006, not 2004. NBC from 1965-98, before coming back in 2006.

CBS had baseball from 1990-93 while ABC had it from 1976-89/1994-95, NBC from 1948-89/1994-2000.

You're a game show fan like me? Then, these other games completed the three network broadcast cycle...
Password, Match Game, Let's Make A Deal, Family Feud, To Tell The Truth.

And former teen actor Kyle Searles is probably the only person to complete the broadcast network cycle in this order...
FOX: Moolah Beach/Malcolm In The Middle
NBC: American Dreams
WB: Dawson's Creek series Finale
ABC: George Lopez
UPN: Veronica Mars
CW: 7th Heaven
CBS: Swingtown/NCIS