PDA

View Full Version : Question about soft heads?

smcclain65
12-30-2011, 02:03 PM
So if I understand correctly, the only soft-headed figures were from 1988 and were the 4 turtles, Splinter, Bebop, and Rocksteady. I have collected the entire softhead set from 1988 loose and working on getting them MOC.

My question is that I have seen many postings on ebay about soft-headed Shredders where the starting bid is way too high. I was under the understanding that Shredder was not produced with a soft head. Am I correct and the Ebay seller is trying to sell some BS or is the seller correct.

Thanks in advance for any info. You guys are great.

MrPliggins
12-30-2011, 02:05 PM
The original Shredder did have a soft head. The only two figures from the original release who did not were Foot Soldier and April.

Powder
12-30-2011, 02:18 PM
MrPliggins hit the nail on the head.

smcclain65
12-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Ok thanks guys, I wasnt for sure, everything I read said april, shredder and foot soldier were the only ones not soft headed. So onward I will try to get a softhead shredder loose and MOC.

Thanks again you guys are awesome.

I am eagerly awaiting the new line of toys as well, this time as an adult I wont rip open the toy and play with it like I did when they originally came out. I can keep it for my collection instead. Does anyone know the retailer that they are going to be released at.

smcclain65
12-30-2011, 03:16 PM
So I am trolling Ebay looking for MOC 1988 softheads to complete my set and I sent a message to a seller asking how he confirmed that his 1988 splinter was a softhead, and he sent me a message back that says "the back of the box says 1988 so it has to be a softhead because they didnt make hard heads until 1990".

Just goes to show you how ignorant some sellers are when it comes to collectibles that they cant even do a little research, either that, or they are just trying to get a few more bucks out of it.

Just to be on the safe side: I am correct, Right?? I assumed that I am since I have hard head turtles from 1988 and I am 100% certian he is wrong

nintendo2600
12-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Just to be on the safe side: I am correct, Right?? I assumed that I am since I have hard head turtles from 1988 and I am 100% certian he is wrong

Yes you are right and the ebay seller is a tool. :P

turtles_kolektor
12-30-2011, 05:34 PM
There is alot of sellers that dont really know what they are selling.
Especialy in my country where You can buy a Von Goosewing toy (from Duckula serie) described as a Mc Duck from Ducktales :P Or a Franklin Turtle described as Sir Leonardo From TMNT :D

Phelan
12-31-2011, 10:52 AM
When the new toys come out, just buy of each while they're available so you can do both ;).