PDA

View Full Version : Bring Bionicle Back!

tmnt transformer
01-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Hello all dromers...This is my first Thread and I am not sure if I am doing it in the right place but I want to know if any of my follow dromers were fans of the lego Bionicle series (2001-2010).

Candy Kappa
01-13-2012, 04:54 AM
Screw Bionicle I want Slizers and Roboriders back!

In all seriousness, this annoys me to no end. Bionicle had a long, healthy run. And although I wished we got an All-Stars sereis of the original Toa characters I think it was a decent end series, even if Lego major downgraded the quality on the building pieces. None of my original Figures have any broken parts and I played very very rough with them. The stars and my Glatorian Kiina is a whole different story where lots of pieces got broken during shelf display posing. And these are meant to build and create with? Humbug.

Call me old fashioned but I preferred the simplistic story back in 2000-2001. Where Makuta was A villain not a entire race, and there was just one group of Toa. And after Metro Nui I completely lost the interest in Bionicle until the stars series came.

And, I freaking love Hero Factory, it's fresh in building system. They have had ancient heroes for a long time and Superheroes is a perfect successor. The new building system is very fun and interesting, and it's adaptable to the first system, therefore it gives MOC'ers more stuff to do.

Filespit
01-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Call me old fashioned but I preferred the simplistic story back in 2000-2001. Where Makuta was A villain not a entire race, and there was just one group of Toa. And after Metro Nui I completely lost the interest in Bionicle until the stars series came.

I couldn't agree more! I was a huge Bionicle fan when it first came out, I went and bought all six Toa from the toy store at the same time. I lost interest when they started reverting the storyline to the "origins", where the priests of the first generation (Vakama etc) where Toas. It was so much better when there were one group of Toa and Makuta was a villain. However I did really enjoy the whole Mask of Light chapter with the Rahkshii (spelling?) and Toa of Light etc. One of the best things with Bionicle in my opinion was that you could invent and create your own Toas. When the Bohrok-Kal came out they had other elements than the original set of Toas, so you wanted to create the Toa of Lightning and so on. And then the Rahkhsii came out with even more different elements, so you wanted to make the Toa of Plantlife etc. It was a great series that I really enjoyed, but they took it too far in my opinion and that's when I lost interest.

Also, I've really missed a REAL Bionicle game. The Mask of Light game they released a bunch of years ago wasn't that great. It lacked depth and wasn't challenging at all. I want a Bionicle game based on the first original story, where you explore Mata Nui searching for the Kanohi masks etc. Pretty much a Zelda-esque game. Even better, I'd like an RPG-game based on the original story, Final Fantasy-style. Imagine having the six Toa in your party, bashing out at enemies with their various magical powers, with the Kanohi masks working as the base for their stats etc. Wouldn't that be cool? I sure think so!

Candy Kappa
01-13-2012, 10:20 AM
It was a neat idea with the changeable masks, and the first set of villains could knock'em off

tmnt transformer
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Back in 2001, Lego was going the release a game called "The Legend of Mata Nui" that had the 2001 story. It was canceled do to too many gliches.Some videos were found and are on you tube. If we can get bionicle back than they could possibly fix and release the game. And I know how the get Bionicle back.....

Candy Kappa
01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't really want Bionicle back, we got Hero factory and the new Superheroes line.

The Bionicle storyline are apparently still continuing, even thought they have stopped future set.

Toonami Tom
02-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Hello all dromers...This is my first Thread and I am not sure if I am doing it in the right place but I want to know if any of my follow dromers were fans of the lego Bionicle series (2001-2010).

Yes, I was a big fan of Bionicle and so was my best friend at the time. I think it would be cool if Bionicle returned. I really liked buying them and their mask packs, and making custom characters.

Candy Kappa
02-08-2012, 03:24 AM
making custom characters.

What's stopping you for using the new models? The new building system is compatible with the old one, and the villains in series 1 and 2 of Hero Factory are from previous system.

Redeemer
02-09-2012, 12:13 PM
I gotta say Im surprised Bionacles lasted so long. I remember playing with them when I was 12 or so, but they will be missed

Candy Kappa
10-06-2014, 02:50 AM
There's gonna be new Bionicle sets in 2015.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/70784_Lewa:_Master_of_Jungle
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/70785_Pohatu:_Master_of_Stone
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/70786_Gali:_Master_of_Water
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/70787_Tahu:_Master_of_Fire
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/70788_Kopaka:_Master_of_Ice

I think they look pretty sweet, and I'm stoked they did the Toa Mata from 2001, and not the prequel Toa.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-06-2014, 05:38 AM
Nice. I used to be a huge Bionicle fan... I wonder if it'll be a total reboot or not.

Candy Kappa
10-06-2014, 05:44 AM
I don't think it's a proper reboot, as it seems that the Toa Mata are called Masters, so i guess it's a continuation of their story, maybe just dealing with the first waves about those characters.

Darthknuxward
10-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Unfortunately it is a reboot, but I have faith in the story team for this. Bring on Omega Tahu!

Darthknuxward
12-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Well. My wallet is going to be bleeding come next Thursday.

Candy Kappa
12-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Some of the figures are pretty nice, Tahu is my favorite Toa since the first wave, and Gali and Lewa is a must buy.

Darthknuxward
12-24-2014, 01:04 AM
Lewa has always been my favorite, so he's a must buy. And Tahu was my first Mata, so he's on my list too. And then from their the sets go like this:
11.Protector of Fire
10.Protector of Stone
9.Protector of Water
8.Protector of Jungle
7.Protector of Earth
6.Protector of Ice
5.Lord of Skull Spiders
4.Kopaka
3.Gali
2.Onua
1.Pohatu

I'm hoping we get some non-Toa titans in Summer 2015.