PDA

View Full Version : "TMNT Manhattan (arkham) City" dreams

LEOTMNT
01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Hello all! this is an ongoing dream i wish to see happen but fear it will not come to fruition, considering Nick has the rights and i just don't feel they'd be able to execute it as well with any restraints they might have to impose. plus im sure they have some half a**** movie tie in game in production anyway. That said i have been surprised at how much i like the IDW series so who knows maybe it will...but, lets talk about it instead!

so hopefully some, if not most of you guys are familiar with the batman games both Arkham city/Asylum. if you haven't, its a glorious work of gaming, showcasing the always brilliant batman in an immersive and epic free roaming world, of which it is filled with character extras (both good and bad) and side quests, and just overall beautiful depth that does the whole series justice!

Now, imagine for one second, that you had the same mature, gritty, yet at times nostalgic, beautifully executed game brimming to the top with extra characters, costumes, secrets to be found all throughout Manhattan...that you could navigate through rooftops via Assassins creed type platforming and explore the sewers and the lair some what Skyrim or grand theift auto- esque. I mean the material is there. The outlets and technology is there. We just need someone in the right position with enough passion. With the right amount of money and opportunity....but we can still dream!

So, now what do you think the story would be? is Shredder the main villain or just a side quest?? cameos that would have to make the game? extras to find, plot ideas? game play mechanics? what the overall main story line could be, post your thoughts!! man i'd love to see something like this happen before im too old to play it!!:tgrin:

Cure
01-20-2012, 12:24 PM
The Arkham games are the most overrated things ever. Boring and even frustrating to play. The free roaming aspect is an illusion, as well. TMNT doesn't need open world or even dark and gritty, it just needs to be fun.

And no one says "Manhattan City".

The Stryker
01-20-2012, 12:35 PM
so hopefully some, if not most of you guys are familiar with the batman games both Arkham city/Asylum. if you haven't, its a glorious work of gaming, showcasing the always brilliant batman in an immersive and epic free roaming world, of which it is filled with character extras (both good and bad) and side quests, and just overall beautiful depth that does the whole series justice!

Everything said here is wrong. Epic free roaming world that's filled with absolutely asinine side-quests that amount to less than nothing.

The material ISN'T there for any sort of large world with TMNT. It's barely there for a 45 minute side-scrolling brawler. Skyrim...psh, don't even rhyme that games title when talking about Arkham City in terms of depth.

The solution to making good games isn't just "MAKE IT OPEN WORLD A-DUR" and I can't believe people still try to say that sh*t as if it's something brilliant. Open-world Deadpool game?! Oh man! Epic! Open-world Rocky game? F*CK YES! Open-world Cool Spot revival? Just inject the game into my veins please!

It doesn't work with everything. Just because there's a city involved doesn't mean there's automatically this sprawling world full of interesting characters and missions to seek out. ESPECIALLY with Ninja Turtles. A franchise that has spawned all of TWO good stories in it's existence.

Logan
01-20-2012, 12:44 PM
A franchise that has spawned all of TWO good stories in it's existence.

Wait... why are you on this forum, again?

LEOTMNT
01-20-2012, 12:56 PM

thank you!

as for them other guys i dont even know what to say...some brilliant people thats for sure! obviously horrible gamers and considering whats out there, those games are good is all. and aside from that, I WAS ONLY MAKING A REFERENCE TO GO OFF OF YOU FOOLS! what else is out there close to those games? if you want another pointless hack and slash sidescroller then fine there's plenty of them, its a cool idea is all im saying, and it can be done! doesnt have to be as long or so be it pointless as some of the other games side quests. key word was PASSION so if you dont like it get of the thread either way i dont care. be constructive! what is your ideal game then? dont just be a jerk by no means do i just want those games as mentioned above slapped with a TMNT logo on it. and just for the record i never in my life would say "Manhattan city" I LIVE IN NY it was in the title as a reference to the whole thing.

Raph'N'Roll
01-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Logan:Wait... why are you on this forum, again?
Exactly what I was thinking, and this topic should be in the video game section.

LEOTMNT:most of you guys are familiar with the batman games both Arkham city/Asylum. if you haven't, its a glorious work of gaming, showcasing the always brilliant batman in an immersive and epic free roaming world, of which it is filled with character extras (both good and bad) and side quests, and just overall beautiful depth that does the whole series justice!

I agree, both games are fantastic and full of atmosphere with only minor flaws, unfortunately the turtles will probably never get games of this quality, but I would love to see a TMNT game like you described.

Foot Soldier Clang
01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
I've never played any of the Arkham games, mainly because I'm not much of a gamer, but I have played a little bit of GTA: Vice City. Take out the blood, guts, and hookers, and replace the lead "hero"(?) with turtles, and just fill the city with Foot Soldiers and I would play that game forever. The main selling point for me was how 1980's retro that game was, and it felt great. I can see a TMNT game like Vice City being fun to play.

LEOTMNT
01-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Exactly what I was thinking, and this topic should be in the video game section.

yes sorry i was thinking that but wasn't sure, is there a way to move it?

I agree, both games are fantastic and full of atmosphere with only minor flaws, unfortunately the turtles will probably never get games of this quality, but I would love to see a TMNT game like you described.

Yes me too! Basically all i was saying!

Cure
01-20-2012, 01:48 PM
obviously horrible gamers and considering whats out there, those games are good is all.

Horrible gamer cuz I don't buy into the hype and agree with you? Right.

what else is out there close to those games?

This just proves you're putting those games on some pedestal without considering the other games out there.

The Stryker
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM

You can be a fan of something and still call it out for it's shortcomings. I don't need to jerk it at the thought of Michelangelo swinging his chucks to be a real fan.

as for them other guys i dont even know what to say...some brilliant people thats for sure! obviously horrible gamers and considering whats out there, those games are good is all. and aside from that, I WAS ONLY MAKING A REFERENCE TO GO OFF OF YOU FOOLS! what else is out there close to those games? if you want another pointless hack and slash sidescroller then fine there's plenty of them, its a cool idea is all im saying, and it can be done! doesnt have to be as long or so be it pointless as some of the other games side quests. key word was PASSION so if you dont like it get of the thread either way i dont care. be constructive! what is your ideal game then? dont just be a jerk by no means do i just want those games as mentioned above slapped with a TMNT logo on it. and just for the record i never in my life would say "Manhattan city" I LIVE IN NY it was in the title as a reference to the whole thing.

Did you just call me a horrible gamer? Wha?

The Wolverine origins game that came out the same year as Arkham Asylum was way more fun than Asylum was. I don't give a sh*t about fan service really, if the gameplay is fun it's good enough for me. The majority of Batman is uninteresting detective stuff where you're just sauntering about following a trail of blood for 20 minutes.

What is there in the TMNT universe that leads you to believe that it lends itself to the type of game Arkham City is? The characters don't really do anything besides pop up where the bad guys are, fight them and then go away. They don't have an interesting movement system or an interesting set of villains and characters to pull in.

TMNT works better in a level based structure because there's nothing really interesting to be done in their world.

Passion with the guys making the game or no. If the source material isn't there it doesn't matter. Also all of the games you guys are mentioning are all primarily single player games. Last I checked there are 4 turtles. How about some sort of co-op brawler with a combat system that's more than 2 buttons? That sounds infinitely more interesting to me than forcing this limited material into an open-world system just because other super-hero games are doing it.

Donnie
01-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Geez, talk about your welcome wagon. Stryker, does it ever get old for you, stalking and tearing up a board in which you have little to no passion for the franchise it represents? You're bogus through and through. I haven't read a single post concerning TMNT from you or Cure that has ever been anything but nasty, cynical, and pompous. Lay off.

Anyway, back to LEO's idea, yes, this would be a perfect game! I would love a free-roaming TMNT game on today's biggest platforms. Tons of levels to unlock, goodies to expose, and of course there would be a "comic style all-red" or "multi-colored" bandana option! :lol: There would also be different "sprite" options - early Eastman & Laird style, movie 1 style, and toon style. All could have either all-red or colored bandanas.

What I think an ideal setting would be recreating the NYC-scape using movie 1 locations as its base. Literally rip that vintage late 80s NYC right into the video game - the sewers, city, roof-top, news building, farmhouse (in NH), etc. Give it that gritty feeling.

Blending elements from the first 5 issues of Mirage with movie 1's plot, a "Search for Splinter" with Shredder as the main villain would be the most epic to me. Adding such darkies as Slash and Rat King would be the icing on the cake.

I could go on and on! If only dreams came true.

The Stryker
01-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Geez, talk about your welcome wagon. Stryker, does it ever get old for you, stalking and tearing up a board in which you have little to no passion for the franchise it represents? You're bogus through and through. I haven't read a single post concerning TMNT from you or Cure that has ever been anything but nasty, cynical, and pompous. Lay off.

I'm glad you've been following me?

Thing is, I do like TMNT still. I really want something good out of it but I'm not going to sit here and act like I've been getting that for the past 15 years. Sorry if that bugs you dawg. Nah not really sorry.

Also this is a video game thing and I reaaaaallllly hate the "open-world = Good game" sentiment that people have adopted.

EDIT: Bogus? Really?

Logan
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
You can be a fan of something and still call it out for it's shortcomings.

I agree. And anyone on this board can vouch for me on that. But it seems unusual that you would be here if you only like a very bare minimum of Turtles' material. I wouldn't become a member of a Star Trek forum if I only happened to like two episodes of the series.

Cure
01-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I haven't read a single post concerning TMNT from you or Cure that has ever been anything but nasty, cynical, and pompous. Lay off.

Uh...? I'm actually a supporter of the Nick TMNT and its designs and post every once in a while in the Nick section so...shut up.

Candy Kappa
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
obviously horrible gamers

you sir are hilarious, just hilarious.

As for a TMNT sandbox game, no, just no.

a splinter cell-ish game would fit better

ZariusTwo
01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
I can see Stryker's point actually. Granted I don't agree with him that there are only two essential TMNT stories you need to know of, but the general gist of what he's trying to say is TMNT is very niche and isnt popular enough to warrant the Arkham treatment. It also does not have as many essential stories as Batman, Spider-Man, Superman etc. I can go on forever listing multiple "top tens" of those franchises. Switching over to other 80s properties there are more essential, and more memorable, stories told with the Transformers franchise than TMNT in both comic and cartoon form.

TMNT can certaingly fill up a schedule on a kids network and last a long time, but at the same time it has never commanded attention across the board the way many other kids franchises do, this is why the 2003 series didnt light the world on fire in merchandising, this is why the 2007 movie came out to the sound of one hand clapping, why Volume 4 went away quietly and why Laird became likely SO dissapointed that he suffered burn-out and quit on it...it's one thing to say "This is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", but another to promote it's essentiality in the public consciousness so people SAY "Wow, this is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"

To quote Calvin and Hobbs

"You can present the material...but you can't make me care"

Raph'N'Roll
01-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Stryker:The Wolverine origins game that came out the same year as Arkham Asylum was way more fun than Asylum was. I don't give a sh*t about fan service really, if the gameplay is fun it's good enough for me. The majority of Batman is uninteresting detective stuff where you're just sauntering about following a trail of blood for 20 minutes.

You say you don't care about fan service, yet you really enjoyed Wolverine origins yes?
Was that game not "fan service"?
Wolverine is an angry brawler, who loves to fight, acts rather than thinks, and that's exactly what the game provided.

Batman is different, he's not a brawler, he's a thinker and strategist.
That's why Batman fans love the Arkham games, because they explore most of his character traits, he IS the dark knight DETECTIVE!
There have been plenty of mindless batman beat'em up games over the years like wolverine origins(which was a bit of fun for about 30 mins), but the developers decided to go a different route and explore what makes the character that is Batman, and they captured it almost perfectly.

Which begs the question, are you a fan of Batman?
Because you don't seem to really know the character if you think Arkham is boring.

I've kinda gone off topic but just had to reply to that comment.

Cure
01-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Because you don't seem to really know the character if you think Arkham is boring.

Oh, God. That line of thinking is retarded.

IamtheNorm
01-20-2012, 03:22 PM
As a game designer it would be a dream job to work on a TMNT game and in my own time I have already started creating one (on paper).

The problem I see with Nick making video games involving the turtles; are for starters they are probably going to be a 1-4 player side-scrolling button masher. Which can't compare to the original arcade games that most people already love. This isn't going to be a bad thing, but it will lack in design and gameplay and be pushed out the door as fast as possible. The other problem is they will be place in games with other Nick Toon characters, such as Spongebob and The fairly odd parents, these will be put out to appeal to the entire Nick Toon demographic and be just as bad.

The Stryker
01-20-2012, 03:36 PM
I don't think TMNT showing up in Nickelodeon all-star games would be all that terrible.

The past couple of Spongebob games have actually been pretty damn fun.

The Stryker
01-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Double-post NUKKAAAAA.

You say you don't care about fan service, yet you really enjoyed Wolverine origins yes?
Was that game not "fan service"?
Wolverine is an angry brawler, who loves to fight, acts rather than thinks, and that's exactly what the game provided.

Batman is different, he's not a brawler, he's a thinker and strategist.
That's why Batman fans love the Arkham games, because they explore most of his character traits, he IS the dark knight DETECTIVE!
There have been plenty of mindless batman beat'em up games over the years like wolverine origins(which was a bit of fun for about 30 mins), but the developers decided to go a different route and explore what makes the character that is Batman, and they captured it almost perfectly.

I've kinda gone off topic but just had to reply to that comment.

Fan Service = Costumes, obscure characters and storylines (Pretty much Harley Quinn's entire role in the Arkham games.)

You're seriously going to tell me that following a trail of blood/pollen/foot prints is a fun and exciting thing to do in a video game? Alright then. How about playing 75% of the game in detective mode because you can barely tell the enemies from the wall? I love playing games that are just blue and orange. Then there's AC's mission list where it's all fetch quests. Get thing for bad guy, bring it back, fight bad guy, bad guy asks you to get something else, move on to next bad guy, repeat.

Don't explain Batman to me like I don't get it. I know he's a damn detective. Doesn't mean the game is awesome just because he's doing things he does in the comics.

I'll give praise to the combat in the Arkham series but the game as a whole is bogged down by lame design, variety and story. It's a competent superhero game and nothing more.

Jester
01-20-2012, 05:33 PM
I can see Stryker's point actually. Granted I don't agree with him that there are only two essential TMNT stories you need to know of, but the general gist of what he's trying to say is TMNT is very niche and isnt popular enough to warrant the Arkham treatment. It also does not have as many essential stories as Batman, Spider-Man, Superman etc. I can go on forever listing multiple "top tens" of those franchises. Switching over to other 80s properties there are more essential, and more memorable, stories told with the Transformers franchise than TMNT in both comic and cartoon form.
This is exactly why though I'd love for Viacom to do TMNT direct to video movies like DC (and to a lesser extent Marvel) BUT there just aren't enough big stories to do. You do issue 1, Leo-10-Return to New York, and City at War. That's really about it. maybe the Fugitoid arc...but that's what...4 at most. You can do well over 25 DTV movies about Batman alone, probably.

LEOTMNT
01-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Just for the record guys this was in idea, I'm aware it is not gonna happen. and clearly nothing is in stone any other positive ideas are welcome!!!

Don't explain Batman to me like I don't get it.

You do NOT get it brotha.

Also this is a video game thing and I reaaaaallllly hate the "open-world = Good game" sentiment that people have adopted.

its not the open world that makes it a good game its developers, designers, programmers, and so fourth, followed with source material you love and out comes a quality product! Afro Samurai for example was not rated that well but it is still probably one of my favorite games to date. wait a second. A Afro Samurai TMNT game would be pretty sick too. Aaaaand it doesn't have to be a open world but god i hope some what better that a sidescroller.

But Its aside from the point because i am aware this wouldn't happen as i said in the first post it was just for a fun idea...and ya have to admit. it'd be pretty damn sweet!! if. it was done on a hypothetical level, would you play it!?!??

you sir are hilarious, just hilarious.

As for a TMNT sandbox game, no, just no.

a splinter cell-ish game would fit better

Yes well im a funny guy. That sounds like it would be pretty awesome too!

Oh, God. That line of thinking is retarded.

You my friend, are a D*ck. And no its not because you don't agree with me, you just are and if i can tell from forum posts i pray to god i never run into you in person... and i shall not be reading any more of your posts because well... why start now. :lol:

As a game designer it would be a dream job to work on a TMNT game and in my own time I have already started creating one (on paper).

The problem I see with Nick making video games involving the turtles; are for starters they are probably going to be a 1-4 player side-scrolling button masher. Which can't compare to the original arcade games that most people already love. This isn't going to be a bad thing, but it will lack in design and gameplay and be pushed out the door as fast as possible. The other problem is they will be place in games with other Nick Toon characters, such as Spongebob and The fairly odd parents, these will be put out to appeal to the entire Nick Toon demographic and be just as bad.

So very true.

That is awesome! would you care to elaborate about your current creation?

This is exactly why though I'd love for Viacom to do TMNT direct to video movies like DC (and to a lesser extent Marvel) BUT there just aren't enough big stories to do. You do issue 1, Leo-10-Return to New York, and City at War. That's really about it. maybe the Fugitoid arc...but that's what...4 at most. You can do well over 25 DTV movies about Batman alone, probably.

Yeah its a shame but if they did those are some fine choices indeed!

I Crave Pizza No More
01-20-2012, 10:59 PM
To those attacking the OP, would you rather have another Smash Em Up or the TMNT 2K7 movie game, or would you rather have something like the Batman games but set in the TMNT world? To me, the choice is pretty clear. The Batman games aren't perfect, but they're a ton of fun, just challenging enough, and the voice acting is to-notch, and there's a bunch to do. I'd love to have a game like this, but realize that we're far more likely to get another crappy TMNT game.

If a studio invested in a TMNT game like they invest in Batman, we might have something special. Until then, we're going to continue to get crap.

Donnie
01-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Uh...? I'm actually a supporter of the Nick TMNT and its designs and post every once in a while in the Nick section so...shut up.

Ya just proved my point, hot-shot.

To those attacking the OP, would you rather have another Smash Em Up or the TMNT 2K7 movie game, or would you rather have something like the Batman games but set in the TMNT world? To me, the choice is pretty clear. The Batman games aren't perfect, but they're a ton of fun, just challenging enough, and the voice acting is to-notch, and there's a bunch to do. I'd love to have a game like this, but realize that we're far more likely to get another crappy TMNT game.

If a studio invested in a TMNT game like they invest in Batman, we might have something special. Until then, we're going to continue to get crap.

For real! It's amazing how much people can pick apart and rage on and on about their opinions on gaming and what is good and what's crap, because they're so into the virtual world of gaming and they have been for years so they are oh so special and blah, blah, blah. A TMNT game modeled off of the Batman games would be 10x better than Battle Nexus and the 2k7.

Krang
01-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Everyone, while it's ok to debate whether or not this type of game would be good, please leave the rudeness and personal attacks out of it.

Peanut
01-21-2012, 03:10 AM
For real! It's amazing how much people can pick apart and rage on and on about their opinions on gaming and what is good and what's crap, because they're so into the virtual world of gaming and they have been for years so they are oh so special and blah, blah, blah. A TMNT game modeled off of the Batman games would be 10x better than Battle Nexus and the 2k7.

I didn't want to reply to this thread for a million reasons, but I had to do it just to say this makes so little sense that it's BANANAS. Sh*t is B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Also, Arkham City isn't an open-world game and no TMNT game should ever be. An Asylum style TMNT game would be really neat, but it'll also never happen. TMNT is popular to a handful of people, Batman is loved and revered by millions upon millions of people. Also, Batman has been illegitimately good on several occasions, TMNT has been little more than a fun kids show to most and was a decent comic to some for about 10 issues.

Jester
01-21-2012, 03:36 AM
For real! It's amazing how much people can pick apart and rage on and on about their opinions on gaming and what is good and what's crap, because they're so into the virtual world of gaming and they have been for years so they are oh so special and blah, blah, blah.
Um...Donnie, some of us are just as bad about the Turtles...so...yeah. I mean...well here:

For real! It's amazing how much people can pick apart and rage on and on about their opinions on the Turtles and what is good and what's crap, because they're so into the world of TMNT and they have been for years so they are oh so special and blah, blah, blah.

See...sadly, double-edged sword. They're the ones who know games better, we're (possibly) the ones who know the Turtles better.

Peanut
01-21-2012, 03:45 AM
They're the ones who know games better, we're (possibly) the ones who know the Turtles better.

You are. That's why I would never go into the TMNT sections and throw around opinions and get into arguments about very specific topics in regards to the franchise. I simply don't have the knowledge.

Jester
01-21-2012, 03:53 AM
You are. That's why I would never go into the TMNT sections and throw around opinions and get into arguments about very specific topics in regards to the franchise. I simply don't have the knowledge.
I try to return the favor...considering I recently re-completed Super Metroid and the newest console I own is a PS1...seriously.

Candy Kappa
01-21-2012, 04:54 AM
Let's do some Batman games talk. Batman & Robin the movie the game, might be the closest the Dark Knight will come a "open world" game, it's not a open world/sandbox game but it's the closest for comparison. That game sucks, not just because it's based off one of the worst superhero films of all time, or that it was a movie game.

You had a large part of Gotham where you could roam round in your batmoblie and do NOTHING. It was just a large space to travel from A to B. Either by foot and take hours, or by your character's vehicle and get rammed by ice tanks. But mostly Gotham was an uneventful place besides for random ambush from Mr. freeze's goons.

Or another open world superhero game; Spider-Man 2 The movie the Game. Now this game was fun, you had NY for web slinging action. But how often did you run around on the street, I know I rarely did, I mostly was between buildings using the various we powers. It was just now and the I'd venture down to street level to fight random muggers. And that wouldn't fit the turtles by a long shot.

There are several ways to make the player feel like they play in an active world environment then just toss out "Open World" "Sand-Box".

What would work for TMNT would either be like Stryker wrote; a co-op brawler with a bit more complexity the just two buttons to push. Or perhaps as I've probably written way too many times, a more Splinter Cell/Tenchu Z type of a game. Having levels with multiple ways of finishing it, a good stealth system and a decent combat system.

A Assassin Creed clone would not work as well as it sounds. One of the problems are that the turtles live in NY, last time I checked they got a wee bit too tall buildings to do the things they do in Assassin Creed, the parkour way of moving could be integrated into a turtles game. Skyrim-esque or GTA-like turtles game would never happen, there would be too much of the world that wouldn't be necessary since the turtles are mutant ninja that hides from the outside world that rejects them, not the heroic Dragonborn that can walk freely among people and join factions.

Predator Concrete Jungle is a fine example of a game that feels "Open World" but isn't, it got well sized levels with various ways of getting to your goal.

The Stryker
01-21-2012, 06:59 AM
But Its aside from the point because i am aware this wouldn't happen as i said in the first post it was just for a fun idea...and ya have to admit. it'd be pretty damn sweet!! if. it was done on a hypothetical level, would you play it!?!??

No I wouldn't because TMNT doesn't work in the Batman frame.

The last movie game had an interesting idea of making the movement Prince of Persia-esque but it completely fell apart because of sh*tty combat (and being based off of a sh*tty movie but that's another thing). If someone tries that again and irons out the combat we might have a fun little game that actually fits the characters a bit.

Donnie
01-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Sorry Krang!

Um...Donnie, some of us are just as bad about the Turtles...so...yeah. I mean...well here:

Yeah, you're right.

It just gets to me when people crap all over somebody's hypothetical idea because they know-it-all. And it's not like LEO is saying the Turtles should dress like Barbie-dolls. He's saying a TMNT game would be cool done in style of the Batman games. I don't see the point to crap all over his parade in such a rude fashion as some here have done. If you don't agree you can politely state why and not make anybody feel bad.

Also, Arkham City isn't an open-world game and no TMNT game should ever be. An Asylum style TMNT game would be really neat, but it'll also never happen. TMNT is popular to a handful of people, Batman is loved and revered by millions upon millions of people. Also, Batman has been illegitimately good on several occasions, TMNT has been little more than a fun kids show to most and was a decent comic to some for about 10 issues.

Wow. Well lemme say that sh*t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

The Stryker
01-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Oy. Don't even start with the 'Ninja Turtles are just as popular as Batman' ish. Please. Don't dig that hole any deeper for yourself.

I pointed out how the game wouldn't jive in that framework and also gave my opinion on the Batman games. He responded by calling me a terrible gamer (which I'm still confused about) don't start with the innocent victim game. It's.....Bogus as you would put it.

Donnie
01-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Oy. Don't even start with the 'Ninja Turtles are just as popular as Batman' ish. Please. Don't dig that hole any deeper for yourself.
I pointed out how the game wouldn't jive in that framework and also gave my opinion on the Batman games. He responded by calling me a terrible gamer (which I'm still confused about) don't start with the innocent victim game. It's.....Bogus as you would put it.

Not innocent...which is why I apologized to Krang for my behavior.

Never said the Turtles are as popular as Batman, but to put the TMNT franchise down as much as you guys do doesn't make any sense when you're on a TMNT board. I...just...don't...get it.

Yeah, I think your posts are mostly bogus, so what? I thought your "thing" was to brush that off and not give a crud what others think about your cheerful demeanor on the boards?

You're acting like you gave him a respectful answer...this was the first paragraph in your reply:

Everything said here is wrong. Epic free roaming world that's filled with absolutely asinine side-quests that amount to less than nothing.

The solution to making good games isn't just "MAKE IT OPEN WORLD A-DUR" and I can't believe people still try to say that sh*t as if it's something brilliant.

...really? Lots of respect given there, oh yes.

The Stryker
01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Never said the Turtles are as popular as Batman, but to put the TMNT franchise down as much as you guys do doesn't make any sense when you're on a TMNT board. I...just...don't...get it.

Yeah, I think your posts are mostly bogus, so what? I thought your "thing" was to brush that off and not give a crud what others think about your cheerful demeanor on the boards?

We don't go out of our way to bash the franchise. If it's good I'll enjoy it. Again, Sorry if my opinion on the past 15 years bothers you.

Most of that first paragraph is criticism on the Batman games and my own personal hatred of the 'open world (Insert franchise here)' craziness but hey.

I don't care about what you say. I just find it funny that you use the word bogus when trying to put me down.

LEOTMNT
01-21-2012, 10:14 AM
One last time guys, i was merely making an example IMO of good games that have been done in the past that the TMNT franchise could benefit from. i DO NOT want the same games or themes but why start from scratch! i enjoyed those games but i am a fan of all those series so if your not clearly there will be conflict. but voice your better ideas im just saying that there can be better games done to represent the turtles then whats out there! And i am no Open-world wh*re, it doesn't by any means make a game better just because. But i would enjoy it!

i feel i have to say this again but. I KNOW THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!

forgive me Krang...

Let's do some Batman games talk. Batman & Robin the movie the game, might be the closest the Dark Knight will come a "open world" game, it's not a open world/sandbox game but it's the closest for comparison. That game sucks, not just because it's based off one of the worst superhero films of all time, or that it was a movie game.

You had a large part of Gotham where you could roam round in your batmoblie and do NOTHING. It was just a large space to travel from A to B. Either by foot and take hours, or by your character's vehicle and get rammed by ice tanks. But mostly Gotham was an uneventful place besides for random ambush from Mr. freeze's goons.

Or another open world superhero game; Spider-Man 2 The movie the Game. Now this game was fun, you had NY for web slinging action. But how often did you run around on the street, I know I rarely did, I mostly was between buildings using the various we powers. It was just now and the I'd venture down to street level to fight random muggers. And that wouldn't fit the turtles by a long shot.

There are several ways to make the player feel like they play in an active world environment then just toss out "Open World" "Sand-Box".

What would work for TMNT would either be like Stryker wrote; a co-op brawler with a bit more complexity the just two buttons to push. Or perhaps as I've probably written way too many times, a more Splinter Cell/Tenchu Z type of a game. Having levels with multiple ways of finishing it, a good stealth system and a decent combat system.

A Assassin Creed clone would not work as well as it sounds. One of the problems are that the turtles live in NY, last time I checked they got a wee bit too tall buildings to do the things they do in Assassin Creed, the parkour way of moving could be integrated into a turtles game. Skyrim-esque or GTA-like turtles game would never happen, there would be too much of the world that wouldn't be necessary since the turtles are mutant ninja that hides from the outside world that rejects them, not the heroic Dragonborn that can walk freely among people and join factions.

Predator Concrete Jungle is a fine example of a game that feels "Open World" but isn't, it got well sized levels with various ways of getting to your goal.

Your right the TMNT game of this nature would have to be unique in its creation!all those games you mentioned i love and still own! Except for Batman &Robin...holy crap i remember how horrible that was i thought i would never have to think about it again...i dont want a clone!! What i like about assassins creed is the platforming and for the most part if were going with an "open-world" environment, scaling buildings and rooftops just seems natural. so i wanted to make an example of a current game utilizing good game play mechanics IMO. Tenchu inspired would be insanely awesome! i guess the general idea i should have emphasized was that more freedom is what i was looking for, or just more depth than hack and slash, not an open world, but i stand by the fact that i would play the crap out of a good open world type TMNT game! hell even if it sucked just because i love the TURTLES!!!

No I wouldn't because TMNT doesn't work in the Batman frame.

The last movie game had an interesting idea of making the movement Prince of Persia-esque but it completely fell apart because of sh*tty combat (and being based off of a sh*tty movie but that's another thing). If someone tries that again and irons out the combat we might have a fun little game that actually fits the characters a bit.

absolutely i know it would not work in the Batman frame. In its own style i meant.

and yes i agree i still own it for what it is, but with a little more attention that would be great too.

Donnie
01-21-2012, 10:23 AM
I don't care about what you say. I just find it funny that you use the word bogus when trying to put me down.

Sorry for getting on your back dude. I just didn't understand why the rudeness was called for. But hey, we all would love a good new TMNT game.

I thought Re-shelled was a fun night! I wouldn't mind seeing something like that again.

LEOTMNT
01-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Horrible gamer was to cure i think because he called it frustrating or something which, if your a fan of it there was nothing frustrating about it. so it is what it is everyone has there own opinion and thinks there right. And yes you gave your opinion in a very single minded disrespectful sort of way, on my thread, which you didn't need to post on. which lead me to believe you either hated Batman or video games in general. Or both. or even turtles at this point... but perhaps im wrong. you did strike first though. And yeah i can see how you can be predisposed to hate open worlds but now any open world automatically doesn't stand a chance because some developers beat it to death and do it half-as*ed? it could be done well is all i was saying.

peace and love my brothers!

Peanut
01-21-2012, 11:09 AM

Why is that hard to understand? I joined the Technodrome 10 years ago when I was 16 years old. My tastes have changed entirely in the last 10 years. I don't even watch cartoons anymore, let alone discuss and obsess over them. However, spending 10 years talking to the same people in the same place gives you a sense of comfort and the Drome is my home on the internet, a sentiment I know is mirrored by a lot of senior members.

It's ridiculous to think that those of us with little interest left in the franchise don't belong here. It's become increasingly apparent over the past 4 or so years that to "be a part" of the Ninja Turtles fan community you needed to lap up anything and everything put forward with the franchise slapped on it and that's the reason I stopped posting in those sections, even if I do still read them and want to get involved from time to time.

Cure
01-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Horrible gamer was to cure i think because he called it frustrating or something which, if your a fan of it there was nothing frustrating about it.

Like Stryker said, you can be a fan of something and still call out its shortcomings. Thinking that just because I like Batman I should drool over the Arkham cities is stupid, how do you not see that? How is walking around in detective mode not frustrating? How is walking super slowly in a sewer or ice not frustrating? How is crawling through a vent every ten minutes NOT FRUSTRATING?

Peanut
01-21-2012, 11:17 AM
You just don't get Batman.

The Stryker
01-21-2012, 11:20 AM
My favorite Batman comic is The Killing Vent.

Cure
01-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I love that one issue that's entirely blue and orange.

Turo602
01-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I've actually thought about an Arkham style game for the TMNT. It fits really well because both franchises are very similar. They both use stealth and they both fight using martial arts. As for the open world idea, the turtles do have vehicles but it's overall pointless to use in a game. And TMNT should just stay away from being a sandbox all together. They need detailed levels with clever level design as seen in both the Arkham games and Splinter Cell Conviction.

Andrew NDB
01-21-2012, 03:59 PM
I know it'll never happen, but an Arkham City-style TMNT game set in the Mirage TMNT universe would be pretty awesome. Imagine it's set against some kind of Martial Law declared on Manhattan as the Foot Clan is in the midst of a massive free-for-all war with a new faction, perhaps a Chinese Triad... the Turtles in the middle of it all, strategically taking out the power players from each faction while traversing the city (above and below).

Raph'N'Roll
01-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Sounds good Andrew, a large section of the city including docks is completely closed off, TV news helicopters flying overhead, if you get caught in their spot lights while roof jumping you'll hear a news report mentioning strange creatures being spotted.

Andrew NDB
01-21-2012, 04:13 PM
At different points you run into various "bosses." i.e., in the sewers, you have to take out (or down) a crazed Leatherhead to access a certain route through the sewers to get to another part of the city above, or a Cyborg Baxter and his mousers have set up a compound in a building and have set up forcefields that need to be taken out, maybe Savanti is raising all the dead in a cemetery, and so forth, so on until you fight your way to the head of the Chinese Triad, kill him... but then it turns out the real mastermind behind it all is a newly resurrected Oroku Saki at the end, ready and waiting to kick your ass one last time.

Maybe you start the game as Leonardo, and after you beat the game, you can unlock the other brothers. Or they can be interchangeable at certain points in the city/the sewer. Or maybe you just pick one to play and the other 3 back you up as NPCs.

Raph'N'Roll
01-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Would really like to see what you've described, and it's already been said earlier, all you need are the right passionate people with enough faith and backing from their publisher to let them go all out without restrictions, ie being tied to the nick toon, then it might happen.
But it'll never happen lol, unfortunately.

The closest thing is probably Manhattan Missions for the PC, which for it's day was a decent game.

The Stryker
01-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Sounds like a great original idea except for the part where it's exactly like Arkham City.

Prince of persia movement combined with a decent combat system. I'm telling you.

I Crave Pizza No More
01-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Sounds like a great original idea except for the part where it's exactly like Arkham City.

Prince of persia movement combined with a decent combat system. I'm telling you.

I think that he was trying to show how a TMNT game might successfully use the Arkham City model.

It's clear that you don't like the Batman games, and certainly you're entitled to that opinion, but millions of other people DO like them. I am one of them, and I know next to nothing about Batman. I used to watch the Animated Series in the mid 90s, but that's it. I'm not a Batman fan, but the games are good enough to draw me in.

My problem with the 2K7 movie game was that it seemed absolutely pointless, just running from point A to B, occasionally getting in lame fights and collecting emblems. The whole thing just seemed weak; it tried to capture the magic of a game that came out 20 years earlier but was unsuccessful.

I have no problem with a good button mashing brawler like the old arcade game, or even the 2K3 Konami games. But given the choice between an Arkham City-like treatment of the TMNT or another mindless adventure, I'll take the former.

Andrew NDB
01-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Alternately, yeah, a Prince of Persia-type TMNT game wouldn't be awful. Or a Ninja Gaiden (the new ones, not the old NES ones) sort of game, too... I could see that working.

My problem with the 2K7 movie game was that it seemed absolutely pointless, just running from point A to B, occasionally getting in lame fights and collecting emblems. The whole thing just seemed weak

In other words, exactly like the 2K7 movie. A faithful adaptation, then.

I Crave Pizza No More
01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
In other words, exactly like the 2K7 movie. A faithful adaptation, then.

Haha, maybe. I don't think the movie was bad, but I wanted something better from the TMNT. I blame Laird, who was by then uninspired and seemingly irritated by the familiarity of certain TMNT characters/storylines.

Donnie
01-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Just thinking --- what do you think would really keep a projecting like this from taking off the ground? Do you think Nick simply wouldn't allow a video game of this darkness/based so much on the Mirage comics?

Shreddhead
01-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Just thinking --- what do you think would really keep a projecting like this from taking off the ground? Do you think Nick simply wouldn't allow a video game of this darkness/based so much on the Mirage comics?

I cant say im very knowledgeable in this , but i would guess that they would see it as an issue of lack of projected sales. I cant imagine that the Mirage fanbase makes up too much of the current video game sales demographics. I think Nick believes its a lot easier to make a game for a younger/new audience because they could sell more copies.

LEOTMNT
01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I've actually thought about an Arkham style game for the TMNT. It fits really well because both franchises are very similar. They both use stealth and they both fight using martial arts. As for the open world idea, the turtles do have vehicles but it's overall pointless to use in a game. And TMNT should just stay away from being a sandbox all together. They need detailed levels with clever level design as seen in both the Arkham games and Splinter Cell Conviction.

Yeah i believe im beginning to become more aware of some of the drawbacks of a sandbox. Probably wouldn't want to incorporate vehicles either, no. but god id love to fly the turtle blimp around a city haha. At the same time something in a splinter cell environment would be more than satisfying as well! or i believe it was "Kappa" that said tenchu? but that would be great too! Perhaps there wouldn't be enough to sustain a completely open environment for TMNT but i think the levels would have to be made so that multiple approaches can be taken to move forward.

If it was to be set in a open sort of world i wouldn't expect it to be flooded with people on the streets either. perhaps alleys play the dominate location for on street brawls, along with roof tops, particular buildings, and sewer locations. well i suppose any location would be dependent upon which series follows the main line but perhaps they could be interchangeable as seen in the "turtles forever" film. almost like how "Assassins Creed" has venice and florence, you could go to differnet TMNT universes with unique locations.

I know it'll never happen, but an Arkham City-style TMNT game set in the Mirage TMNT universe would be pretty awesome. Imagine it's set against some kind of Martial Law declared on Manhattan as the Foot Clan is in the midst of a massive free-for-all war with a new faction, perhaps a Chinese Triad... the Turtles in the middle of it all, strategically taking out the power players from each faction while traversing the city (above and below).

This would definitely be awesome!

At different points you run into various "bosses." i.e., in the sewers, you have to take out (or down) a crazed Leatherhead to access a certain route through the sewers to get to another part of the city above, or a Cyborg Baxter and his mousers have set up a compound in a building and have set up forcefields that need to be taken out, maybe Savanti is raising all the dead in a cemetery, and so forth, so on until you fight your way to the head of the Chinese Triad, kill him... but then it turns out the real mastermind behind it all is a newly resurrected Oroku Saki at the end, ready and waiting to kick your ass one last time.

Soo sick yeah that would be awesome on all accounts! perhaps they could flesh out some of the story arcs from the comics and such into missions as well. one of my favorite comics that id love to see incorporated was #45 idr which volume possibly 2-3? but it's with Leatherhead the art was done by Dan Berger but id imagine the thing to do is just take some of the better story arcs and flesh out a mission out of it them. and yes i hate to say it... but perhaps that wouldn't thrive best in a open world but if it was on a larger scale than just pick a level at the menu it just feels more immersive.

if i just wasnt to scale some rooftops all day take awesome screenshots and fights crime and encounter familiar villains, itd be a blast!!

... Or maybe you just pick one to play and the other 3 back you up as NPCs.

I think this would be soo awesome but probably a pain to pull off, if not all three NPC's all the time maybe just for a few instances? and perhaps arcs where you can just have one other brother with you as the other two consequently are taking care of other problems. maybe you could run into Raph patrolling the neighborhoods if your not playing as him or what have you.

The closest thing is probably Manhattan Missions for the PC, which for it's day was a decent game.

i don't think i'm familiar with this game, is there a way to get it still?

I think that he was trying to show how a TMNT game might successfully use the Arkham City model.

Yes thats what i meant, my apologies for improper wording i didn't think people would read it that literal. And i wouldnt even expect it to be exactly the same, there doesn't need to be detective mode or Batman specific game play. clearly i'd want my Turtles to be unique!

My problem with the 2K7 movie game was that it seemed absolutely pointless, just running from point A to B, occasionally getting in lame fights and collecting emblems. The whole thing just seemed weak; it tried to capture the magic of a game that came out 20 years earlier but was unsuccessful.

So very true, and sad. but i actually believe stryker mentioned polishing it up and if they did and didnt rush it, i think even that could have been an awesome turtles game. Smash up is cool and fun for a bit yeah but i just think we didn't need them wasting time and money on that.

I have no problem with a good button mashing brawler like the old arcade game, or even the 2K3 Konami games. But given the choice between an Arkham City-like treatment of the TMNT or another mindless adventure, I'll take the former.

i was just playing Turtles in Time last night, nothing wrong at all with them! but yes that was exactly my point, i love the turtles and i would much rather play something i can waste time and explore around in to some extent than just being thrown in a single level with a possibly rigid structure.

I cant say im very knowledgeable in this , but i would guess that they would see it as an issue of lack of projected sales. I cant imagine that the Mirage fanbase makes up too much of the current video game sales demographics. I think Nick believes its a lot easier to make a game for a younger/new audience because they could sell more copies.

so sad :cry:

Hermano Dyvas
01-22-2012, 04:34 PM

I agree with this statement but you're just plain wrong in saying it didn't work for Arkham City. Best new game I played in ages. Game of the year easily.

The Stryker
01-22-2012, 04:51 PM
I agree with this statement but you're just plain wrong in saying it didn't work for Arkham City. Best new game I played in ages. Game of the year easily.

Play Skyrim, Saints Row or Gears 3 please.

Arkham City wasn't even the best game to come out that month. Let's not get crazy here.

TMNT-Leonardo
01-22-2012, 09:45 PM

Arkham City wasn't even the best game to come out that month. Let's not get crazy here.

It was the best reviewed game of 2011 averaging in the 9 out of 10 range of reviews. By all means, the game was extremely well received and got relatively little negative feedback. Nothing can change those facts.

Kendamu
01-22-2012, 10:15 PM

I didn't even like the first Gears but I like both of the Arkham games. Going off of that, maybe some people like some things and other people like other things. I know; weird, right?

:trolleye:

Peanut
01-22-2012, 10:19 PM
It was the best reviewed game of 2011 averaging in the 9 out of 10 range of reviews. By all means, the game was extremely well received and got relatively little negative feedback. Nothing can change those facts.

You can spout of the "reviews", which anyone who actual follows the industry will tell you are a complete and utter joke, but nothing you say in an argument about opinions makes a difference. Trying to justify your stance by citing review scores is absolutely ridiculous.

Donnie
01-22-2012, 11:32 PM
You can spout of the "reviews", which anyone who actual follows the industry will tell you are a complete and utter joke, but nothing you say in an argument about opinions makes a difference. Trying to justify your stance by citing review scores is absolutely ridiculous.

At least he pointed to a basis for his argument. You all just tear into it 'cause you don't like it.

Powder
01-23-2012, 06:20 AM
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/01/22/rumor-is-rocksteady-studios-next-game-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-manhattan-crisis/

Donnie
01-23-2012, 06:28 AM
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/01/22/rumor-is-rocksteady-studios-next-game-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-manhattan-crisis/

Holy holy! Thanks for the link dude, I hope it's more than a rumor!

Ninjinister
01-23-2012, 07:23 AM
I would call total BS on this, considering that before last year, nobody knew who Paul Gale was... but this is the guy that broke the "Sony Smash Bros." story, which ended up being true, so there's a wee bit more leeway here....

Then again, he was reporting Title Fight (aforementioned Sony Smash) as fact, and this as rumor.

Peanut
01-23-2012, 08:45 AM
At least he pointed to a basis for his argument. You all just tear into it 'cause you don't like it.

Uh? When did I say I don't like Arkham City? Its a well made game with a great combat system, amazing production values and a respectable take on a character and universe I really like. It also runs into the same pitfalls as Asylum and continues to have its flaws over looked by many people. Don't just assume based on absolutely nothing. If I'm anything I'm not a clueless kid who spouts **** about games without reason. I've discusses the problems I have with the game in the VG section, do you really want to go down that hole here, too?

On-topic, if that rumor turns out to be true I may just die. Especially if the game has coop. Since everyone is desperate to know what Rocksteady is up to next I'd expect to hear this rumor in more respectable places if it has any validity at all.

The Stryker
01-23-2012, 08:53 AM
If that turns out to be true it might be kind of cool just because it seems to be mostly based on the one TMNTverse I enjoy.

Turtle Blimp in the house.

EDIT: What Peanut said.

Peanut
01-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Actually reading what that guy wrote, it really comes off as him daydreaming. I'm going to file this under complete ******** and avoid disappointing myself when Rocksteady's next game turns out to be based on another DC character. This way if it does happen, I can **** myself in excitement and if it doesn't I won't get sad.

RiseAbove873
01-23-2012, 12:26 PM

If this is true then holy $h!+!

Master Splinter
01-23-2012, 12:43 PM

If this is true then holy $h!+!

I doubt that it is true since the guy clearly states that it is a rumor he put together himself. As awesome as it sounds I do not see this happening.

-ms

Foot Soldier Clang
01-23-2012, 12:45 PM
That's sounds pretty cool, but I'll wait for an official announcement before I get excited.

Raph'N'Roll
01-23-2012, 12:48 PM
It's spreading like wildfire across the web, so true or false, I'm sure we'll hear something from Rocksteady.
This is going to be a bit sureal if it is true, looking at what started off this thread.

Cure
01-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Isn't that studio owned by Time Warner? Wouldn't that be a problem? I'm not sure how things like that work, so I'm wondering.

Donnie
01-23-2012, 02:05 PM
It's spreading like wildfire across the web, so true or false, I'm sure we'll hear something from Rocksteady.
This is going to be a bit sureal if it is true, looking at what started off this thread.

Yeah dude! "Spookular!"

Kendamu
01-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Until Rocksxteady (hur hur) says something about it, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

ZariusTwo
01-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Everyone knows nobody in the mainstream gives two f*cks about the original source material, which is why so many other rumoured TMNT gaming projects didnt go past niche forums, so the next logical thing is to promise them a game full of characters from the most succesful and most memorable version of the franchise. It's a ploy that's obviously worked.

oldmanwinters
01-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Until Rocksxteady (hur hur) says something about it, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

I'm taking it with a full shaker of salt.

And then throwing it over my shoulder for good luck.

TMNT_2010
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm going to have to say there is no way its true. It makes no sense to release the new show which is clearly aimed at kids and a game that would be aimed at adults.

Much more profitable to make a new game based on the new show and aim it at kids. More sales due to it being tied in.

I would love to be wrong of course. In fact, when I first heard about this I immediately started imagining how it could look. It would be great.

Candy Kappa
01-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Should be in the Video Game section, and it's been posted in
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36218&page=4

as for the rumor, seems like a far stretch

AquaParade
01-23-2012, 04:47 PM
There are so many reason's that this is probably not true. Only one of them being its just too good to be true.

Was fun to live in the dream for a minute there. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my sock.

Peanut
01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Everyone knows nobody in the mainstream gives two f*cks about the original source material, which is why so many other rumoured TMNT gaming projects didnt go past niche forums, so the next logical thing is to promise them a game full of characters from the most succesful and most memorable version of the franchise. It's a ploy that's obviously worked.

It's worked to a point. I don't feel like a rumor "worked" until it's picked up by more than half-assed fan sites.

LeoNerdo
01-23-2012, 05:54 PM
It would probably be the greatest TMNT game ever if true. But I'm also highly skeptical of the rumor. It sounds like what I or any other TMNT fan would come up with if they sat down to think about what kind of a turtles game they would want to play.

LEOTMNT
01-23-2012, 06:34 PM

wow thanks for the link! that's awesome, whether its all pipe dreams or not im stoked!!

On-topic, if that rumor turns out to be true I may just die. Especially if the game has coop. Since everyone is desperate to know what Rocksteady is up to next I'd expect to hear this rumor in more respectable places if it has any validity at all.

Yeah me too! which sucks cause im sure ill want to play it... also if this TMNT game lacks coop then i will be really really disappointed. But if its on the scale that "Manhattan Crisis" may be on, only slightly disappointed...

I would easily ruin any pair of pants im wearing when i find out.

hmm yes very wise.

I'm taking it with a full shaker of salt.

And then throwing it over my shoulder for good luck.

ahahaha even wiser probably.

Cant believe this though!! definitely gonna be awaiting any type of confirmatory responses from Rocksteady.

Mikeyangelo
01-24-2012, 02:58 PM
I see im a little late to this debate but LEOTMNT has the right idea. This game would be awesome. It needs to happen lol. Obviously it wouldnt be exactly like Arkham City but that general idea for a turtles game is awesome. And I see Powder posted a rumor link that this just might be in the works, after I saw that I got really excited lol. Either way there is bound to be a new turtles game to come out this year with the show, toys, and new movie coming out.

stormbringer
01-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Please oh great Ninja Tribunal, let this be true.

oldmanwinters
01-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I give about 5% chance to this rumor, but IF it were true here's what I think would happen...

TMNT fans across the internet would assume that an accomplished team of developers would create the ultimate TMNT game comparable with other highly esteemed titles in the genre.

A subgroup of these talented developers (certainly not the whole team) would work hard to make it a decent, playable game. But without the huge budget afforded to this project as some of their previous higher profile games, the game would ultimately resemble a stripped down homage to a more fondly remembered franchise of games in the same genre.

Eager TMNT fans and critical game review websites would skewer the game as "rubish" on account of the fact that final product only turned out "fair to mediocre" when measured against their ridiculously high expectations. Frustrated fans would cry for a game that "truly" does the TMNT franchise justice... at least according to the standard of "justice" existing in their own imaginations.

At the next rumor of a new TMNT game, the vicious cycle of hype and disillusionment would continue.

CyberCubed
01-24-2012, 07:43 PM
If its made, I wonder what voice actors they would use for the Turtles. The ones who are doing the upcoming Nick cartoon, or would they actually track down either the original cartoon or 4kids voice actors?

Somehow I am guessing they would use the Nick ones.

ManBurning
01-24-2012, 09:42 PM
The game is unfortunatly probably going to happen:

http://wiiugo.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-manhattan-crisis-coming-to-the-wii-u/

Can't say I am all too thrilled about this idea, as it sounds like it's going to be that awful 2007 TMNT movie tie in game all over again.

The only way they can get me to buy this is if they include an updated full HD 16-bit remake of TMNT3 the manhattan project, as they share similar names... This one is called "TMNT: Manhattan Crisis"

sdp
01-24-2012, 10:00 PM
I doubt the rumors are true, I see no validity in them. That'd be an awesome game though. Still my dream TMNT game would probably be a good version of Smash bros or power stone which TMNT has already tried a half ass attempt twice on.

The new game sadly is probably based on the new TMNT show and won't have many liberties and it'll be a straight forward licensed cash-in game.

If its made, I wonder what voice actors they would use for the Turtles. The ones who are doing the upcoming Nick cartoon, or would they actually track down either the original cartoon or 4kids voice actors?

Somehow I am guessing they would use the Nick ones.

If the rumors are true then it'd likely be new VA's not the ones from the new show or old shows.

CyberCubed
01-24-2012, 11:14 PM
If the rumors are true then it'd likely be new VA's not the ones from the new show or old shows.

I dunno. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil were gotten to play Batman/Joker even though the Bruce Timm DC shows have been over since 2006.

They could very well bring back Cam Clarke as Leonardo for example. Who knows.

Powder
01-24-2012, 11:17 PM
All the facebook casuals are wyling the f*ck out over this because they apparently mixed up the meanings of "rumor" and "fact".
OH MY GOD NEW TMNT GAME MADE BY ARKHAM ASYLUM~

Idiots.

CyberCubed
01-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I still won't believe this till I see a trailer. You'd think Rocksteady (the studio), would be at work on another Batman sequel after the incredible sales of the last one.

Also isn't Rocksteady owned by DC? I am pretty sure that's why they can't make a game with Marvel characters....so I dunno if they would collaborate with Nick on TMNT.

oldmanwinters
01-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Speaking of Rocksteady...

8UVpGQu-tnY

Not related to the game rumors at ALL. I just felt like posting this!

Roseangelo
01-24-2012, 11:24 PM
All the facebook casuals are wyling the f*ck out over this because they apparently mixed up the meanings of "rumor" and "fact".

Idiots.

I know. I've had so many people telling me about this it's annoying. :p

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they guy created this rumor after reading this thread. The timing is too convienent.

oldmanwinters
01-24-2012, 11:35 PM
I know. I've had so many people telling me about this it's annoying. :p

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they guy created this rumor after reading this thread. The timing is too convienent.

I thought about that too. Seems like I remember a Forum thread (I guess it was this one) getting started in the vein of "Hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if...." and then an article popping up on a gaming site within 24 hours.

I'm downgrading this rumor's truth validity from 5% to 3%.

EDIT: What's really funny is how all the game sites are reporting that the game will "reflect the tone of the original comics," which apparently includes Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, the Turtle Blimp, and a Hamato Yoshi turned Splinter. Yeah... sounds really reliable.

Ninjinister
01-24-2012, 11:49 PM

Idiots.

Do you not have the ability to not be an elitist dick?

Jesus.

Powder
01-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Do you not have the ability to not be an elitist dick?

Jesus.

If knowing how to read/spell/tell the difference between rumors/facts makes me an elitist as a turtle fan then I'm an elite elitist.

Buddha.

Zog
01-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Double-post NUKKAAAAA.

Fan Service = Costumes, obscure characters and storylines (Pretty much Harley Quinn's entire role in the Arkham games.)

You're seriously going to tell me that following a trail of blood/pollen/foot prints is a fun and exciting thing to do in a video game? Alright then. How about playing 75% of the game in detective mode because you can barely tell the enemies from the wall? I love playing games that are just blue and orange. Then there's AC's mission list where it's all fetch quests. Get thing for bad guy, bring it back, fight bad guy, bad guy asks you to get something else, move on to next bad guy, repeat.

Don't explain Batman to me like I don't get it. I know he's a damn detective. Doesn't mean the game is awesome just because he's doing things he does in the comics.

I'll give praise to the combat in the Arkham series but the game as a whole is bogged down by lame design, variety and story. It's a competent superhero game and nothing more.

I do agree that it is hard to view a TMNT game by Rocksteady in light of how the Batman Arkham series is, however I find those games very entertaining. I'm surprised it took you 20 mins to follow the blood trail, that seemed very easy to me like 3 mins tops, and that you needed to the play 75% of the game in detective vision too. Maybe you're screen resolution is bad? I don't know, but the visuals in Batman are fine everything looked normal for me and the mass that have played the game. Playing in detective vision would make it too easy. I do also find it interesting that you even tried Arkham City, simply based on the displeasure it seems you have with the first one. I don't understand what there is to complain about as far as the side quests go, I mean they're side quests were you expecting another game? It was all extra stuff to do and I think it's fine considering the amount you'd spent playing the campaign.

You are really hating on Batman which is fine, some people don't like it, but I don't think you're giving Rocksteady a fair chance with TMNT. We don't even know what kind of game they'll make yet. Granted the only two games for comparison are the Batman games but they made those to cater to Batman and I think that's what they accomplished. I'd like to believe for now that they will study on how to make a good TMNT game, not a TMNT game set in a Batman world.

I do however agree that just because a game is open world doesn't equal instant hit. I don't know why people just assume that.

Spitfire
01-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Plenty of people would love the TMNT source material if they were made aware of it or it was used more often. Watered down cartoon versions don't really count. A movie or animation done like the original comic series would probably intrigue people. The general public might not have cared for anything of Batman but the Adam West series but that eventually changed when someone decided to show people what the real Batman was about. Same could still happen for TMNT. The legacy of OT won't hover over the franchise forever.

Candy Kappa
01-25-2012, 04:29 AM
Speaking of Rocksteady...

8UVpGQu-tnY

Not related to the game rumors at ALL. I just felt like posting this!

Man, I wish i could make models like that, or use Zbrush. His Raphael look very good too, especially the facial expression video.

dmp6wBVFtSU

shows white eyes can be expressive too, just need to give it some work, right BttS? :P

ZariusTwo
01-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Plenty of people would love the TMNT source material if they were made aware of it

The source material has had years, hell a whole decade, to be accepted by the general public. Nobody cares. Nobody ever WILL care. You know why? Because the source material isnt all that interesting and doesnt leave much to the imagination to begin with. Once you tell the first issue's story, you've basicly told it all. The rest of the time it's just a generic grimdark Daredevil knock-off with the occasional alien popping up. By the time Peter Laird got around to giving the franchise's comic book elements more of a unique sci-fi and fantasy voice (which is what made the 4Kids cartoon stick out because f*ck knows nothing else would have), virtually noone was picking up volume four and hardly anyone watched the 2007 TMNT movie. Hell the last two seasons of the 4Kids cartoons were devoted to making the show as cheesy and lighter toned as the Fred Wolf toon. And it failed miserably at it.

Watered down cartoon versions don't really count.

In this case, it certaingly does.

A movie or animation done like the original comic series would probably intrigue people.

You still living in that warped fantasy world of yours where more than just a niche group of fanboys care about the comics?

The general public might not have cared for anything of Batman but the Adam West series but that eventually changed when someone decided to show people what the real Batman was about..

Define "real" please. The most recent Batman animated series, "The Brave and The Bold" was a valentine to the cheesetastic Silver Age and was a hit. That was educating a whole new generation on what Batman was about in an age between the dark early days and the darker latter days. It should be noted that the people behind Batman: TAS had a lot to do with BATB. Bstman has more than one interpretation, and one isnt any less "real" than the other. They all have merit and contribute greatly to the overall success of the brand.

A game based on the original 'toon (OR, better still, the Archie comics), would very likely acheive the same goal, educating and entertaining new generations with a far broader range of interesting and quirkier characters. More than the Mirage comics' uninteresting and limited line-up.

The source material has had it's day in the sun. Other than the breifest of sparks that launched the brand, it hasnt consistently lit the world on fire. And it never will. Time to move on, lord knows that's what IDW and Nick are doing.

The legacy of OT won't hover over the franchise forever.

With films like "Turtles Forever" and the use of The Kranng in the Nick cartoon, you're going to have to wait a LONG time before the spectre of the most succesful and most memorable version of the franchise fades from people's minds.

Donnie
01-25-2012, 09:17 AM
EDIT: What's really funny is how all the game sites are reporting that the game will "reflect the tone of the original comics," which apparently includes Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, the Turtle Blimp, and a Hamato Yoshi turned Splinter. Yeah... sounds really reliable.

I hear you, but minus the Turtle Blimp (and although I don't like B & R too much) I believe you can capture the tone of the comics still with those characters intact - just not exactly as they were back in the day.

The source material has had years, hell a whole decade, to be accepted by the general public. Nobody cares. Nobody ever WILL care. You know why? Because the source material isnt all that interesting and doesnt leave much to the imagination to begin with.

Ladies and gents, the prophet has spoken! He knows everything. I think we should start a group devoted entirely to Zarius. ZARIUS! ZARIUS! Huzzah!
;)

The Stryker
01-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Well he IS right.

And I don't even like Zarius.

Donnie
01-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Haha, well I think he's sadly (in my opinion) right about this...

With films like "Turtles Forever" and the use of The Kranng in the Nick cartoon, you're going to have to wait a LONG time before the spectre of the most succesful and most memorable version of the franchise fades from people's minds.

But that's about it. The rest is all his opinion.

ZariusTwo
01-25-2012, 10:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Zarius/arturobook.jpg

And it's HARDLY "sad" that the world will wait years for the spectre of the Fred Wolf toon to fade, considering that's really all the mainstream want and ought to get.

Spitfire
01-25-2012, 12:10 PM
People will like anything if it's done properly. If a comics driven TMNT movie or series was pushed into light it would not go ignored simply because you think no one else likes anything but the old cartoon. I've spoken to plenty of casual fans who think the old comic looks cool and they all like the idea of a more violent turtles. People grow up and sometimes they want their childhood to grow up too. Constantly pushing the franchise in a lighter direction just because of a 20+ year old cartoon that's never been re-aired and most kids alive today have never even saw seems pretty silly to me. The comic has seen a healthy amount of collections from the first batch of issues and issue #1 has been handed out on free comic day more then once so it's not like it was lost in the hallows of time. They're at a point where they could really do anything they want with it. Laird clearly wanted to push it in a more comic style direction, for the new film at least, I can see Viacom has other ideas. I won't argue what will make them more money I just say what I'd prefer to see.

Gyt Kaliba
01-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Here's another 'citation' of the rumor, that I don't think was posted yet.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/01/24/ign-daily-fix-012412

I understand it's nothing but a rumor right now, but I'm really hoping it does turn out to be true. I'd love it if it were. I haven't played the Arkham games yet mind you, but I've heard great things about them and they look awesome (and I'm not talking graphically, I for one could honestly care less about graphics for the most part).

I mean, I never realized it until now but...I'd love a TMNT game with a little stealth element. They are ninja after all.

Andrew NDB
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM
The source material has had years, hell a whole decade, to be accepted by the general public. Nobody cares. Nobody ever WILL care. You know why?

Because it's easier for the bean counters to take a chance on something that made a lot of money once and sold a lot of toys to toddlers and tweens than take chance on something that only ever sold comics.

And that's all.

MoreCowbell5263
01-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Hey guys,

Somebody posted this on my facebook page and I thought I'd share it with you. Rocksteady is the company that has done the recent Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City video games, and apparently, their next game will be based on the Ninja Turtles (not Superman, which is where most speculation was). It's apparently gonna be darker and grittier (like Batman) with stuff like smoke bombs, grappling hooks, footspikes, but it'll be based on the old cartoon show with characters like Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady (go figure).

Here's a quote from the link:
" - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku…respectively).
- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title."

Here's the link:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=53306

Being a Superman fan, I was hoping their next game would be Superman, but Ninja Turtles need a good non-movie/TV show based game as well, so I'm still pretty happy. I do hope they do a Superman game somewhere down the line, though.

How do you guys feel with it being dark but based on the campy cartoon a lot of us grew up with? Is Arkham City a good template for a TMNT game?

I'm excited, but I'll wait until some more info (or confirmation even) is out. It is a rumor, but a rumor with a lot of info behind it.

Candy Kappa
01-25-2012, 05:19 PM
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36218&page=4

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36260

So far it's just a very loose rumor

MoreCowbell5263
01-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I found where it's being talked about, didn't see it earlier when I looked. My apologies.

MikeandRaph87
01-25-2012, 05:44 PM
I thought the previous thread was just a fan making up a thread about what he wanted to see in a video game. I know how rumors are and know that the TMNT Smash Up didn't live up to the character roster it was advertised so I won't beam with joy yet,but if it is true then it would be my TMNT dream come reality. The original cartoon made into a modern interactive game!:tcool::tgrin: Yet I must wait for further proof of the development! Thanks for the heads up. I do like the irony of the game maker's name but maybe that can add to the just a false rumor thing?

Mr._Mutant_Man
01-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Until I see something more definite, I'm just going to assume that it sounds too good to be true. :ohwell:

LEOTMNT
01-25-2012, 09:56 PM
All of you guys have extremely valid points and much of the truth is sad...

That said, this is more of my mind wandering but spitfire mentioned it too...It is also wise perhaps to view it as its own piece of work capable of drawing new fans solely from a solid video game.( that's assuming it is, and ever can be. solid) There are a few games around that have large fan bases that have absolutely no material to work with other then what game creators put into it. Not that im comparing god no lets not go there again...haha but there can be games made that sell themselves, and this could be no different. PLUS it already has some following however "insignificant" or "casual" which is still worth something. For what its worth, it seems like a lot of people around the web are making a big deal about it so that's gotta mean someone else is digging it right?? IGN sold that for me if it came out of Naomi whatevers mouth its getting heard by hundreds maybe a thousand or so people? who weather they like it or not is prob thinking TMNT and arkham asylum creator?! COWABUNGA!! <--this hurts me too. but true?? i have faith!!! TURTLE POWER!! NINE.POINT. NINE-FIVEEEEE!!

yeah yeah im delusional...:tgrin:

Peanut
01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
ITT: People talking about video games who don't know **** about video games and people who can't accept that the TMNT comics will always be niche.

Andrew NDB
01-25-2012, 11:09 PM
ITT: People talking about video games who don't know **** about video games and people who can't accept that the TMNT comics will always be niche.

I'm well resolved to the probably-fact that the TMNT comics will always be niche.

But it shouldn't be.

Konchadunga
01-26-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm not sure exactly how likely this is. On the one hand, being set in a different universe than the Nick show could make the concept confusing to some players. (I certainly don't remember any games based on the OT during the run of the 2003 show.) On the other, assuming the bit about the more adult-oriented nature of the game is true, then appealing to kids isn't really an issue, and I'd say there probably are more than enough adults nostalgic for their childhood to make a game based thereupon profitable. I'd say that given the IDW comic's success, the possibility of this sort of game being made is, if not more likely, at least more viable. However, it still hasn't advanced past the point of rumor.

As to whether I would like to see an Open-World TMNT game, well, I'm hot and cold on that one. I feel that Open-World games are, at times, a mile wide and an inch deep. You're told you have a whole city to explore, but it can feel really dead because they don't have time to work on all of the subtle details like the inhabitants, and most buildings don't work as anything more than objects; you can't enter them. Yet to an extent, the prospect appeals to me just because there are things I would like to see in 3-D. I don't feel the OT had enough iconic locations in its version of New York to warrant a full-on recreation of the city, but they could feasibly dig for the lesser-known locations, as well as bring in some stuff from the other universes. If you could fill out the game with Channel 6 News, 2nd Time Around, The Ninja District and Ninja Pizza, the TCRI building, Weird Pizza (somewhat different from Ninja Pizza), Lairdman warehouse, and designated locations for the various gangs, then a somewhat open-world game might work. I also feel that with the main draw of many open-world games seeming to be the ability to pick fights and cause random chaos, combining the beat-em-up gameplay into it could work well.

However, the one thing I would love to see made into a fully explorable, 3-dimensional, and dynamic environment over anything else is the Technodrome. I've been yearning for a chance to see it in full since the moment I saw it in parts.

ZariusTwo
01-26-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm well resolved to the probably-fact that the TMNT comics will always be niche.

But it shouldn't be.

In order to break out of that pattern, the TMNT books need to start telling stories people will remember for years and will want to keep rereading from ages eight to eighty. I can count all the "essential" comics stories on two fingers.

Hell, Spider-Girl, the most niche of all the Spider-Man titles, has more must-read stories than that.

LEOTMNT
01-26-2012, 12:30 PM

But it shouldn't be.

i don't think it should no...

As to whether I would like to see an Open-World TMNT game, well, I'm hot and cold on that one. I feel that Open-World games are, at times, a mile wide and an inch deep. You're told you have a whole city to explore, but it can feel really dead because they don't have time to work on all of the subtle details like the inhabitants, and most buildings don't work as anything more than objects; you can't enter them. Yet to an extent, the prospect appeals to me just because there are things I would like to see in 3-D. I don't feel the OT had enough iconic locations in its version of New York to warrant a full-on recreation of the city, but they could feasibly dig for the lesser-known locations, as well as bring in some stuff from the other universes. If you could fill out the game with Channel 6 News, 2nd Time Around, The Ninja District and Ninja Pizza, the TCRI building, Weird Pizza (somewhat different from Ninja Pizza), Lairdman warehouse, and designated locations for the various gangs, then a somewhat open-world game might work. I also feel that with the main draw of many open-world games seeming to be the ability to pick fights and cause random chaos, combining the beat-em-up gameplay into it could work well.

Very well said, especially about being a mile wide and inch deep, it is so true. Thats why i think that smaller area segments with multiple approaches would work nicely too. but as for the reasons you said above it could work nicely in a open world aswell, and i wouldnt really want it to be too large of an area if its open world its quality not quantity that would be the key. i dont think Arkham City was too big, maybe even a little smaller than that. or like i said with just having different areas to travel in the universe such as in the Assassin Creed Games you can go to multiple cities, just on a smaller scale dimension wise. but idk then that takes away from a community feeling as a whole, the more i think about it i really just want to be able to free run through the rooftops, sewers and alleyways with some stealth involved and a kick ass combat system and ill be happy so long as its playable!

In order to break out of that pattern, the TMNT books need to start telling stories people will remember for years and will want to keep rereading from ages eight to eighty. I can count all the "essential" comics stories on two fingers.

truuue but two?!Im sorry my friend but i think there's more than that. IMO at least but hey isn't a game just a collection of missions with a nice little finale? all the extra side missions are just fluff, but they can also make or break a game, so the way i see it is they have about 60 something issues of TMNT "gold/crap"what have you ,to convert into a video game setting. weather that is all the fluff or not, which most likely if the game gets made, they will create their own story for the main plot im sure. but otherwise still plenty to work off of. People have made "better crap" off of worse niche material out there. i think they can do something a little better with Turtles. This is all under the assumption that if it is taken up, its by Rocksteady...cause if by any other company i think us niche fans will get screwed.

Mr._Mutant_Man
01-26-2012, 07:22 PM

-First issue
-Mousers
-Triceratrons/Fugitoid
-Shredder returning
-Return to New York
-City at War

Nothing too essential after volume one though.

Peanut
01-26-2012, 10:29 PM

But it shouldn't be.

As a gigantic (and secret) fan of the comics, I would love to agree with you, but looking at it from a less biased perspective, I can`t do it. There simply isn`t much quality in what is presented outside of a few key stories.

CyberCubed
01-26-2012, 11:54 PM
The more consistent and streamlined IDW TMNT comics may change that. Granted we're only 6 issues in, but its turning out to be a rather good combination of both Mirage and original cartoon storylines into one. I suggest people here check it out if they haven't already.

LEOTMNT
01-27-2012, 11:30 PM
The more consistent and streamlined IDW TMNT comics may change that. Granted we're only 6 issues in, but its turning out to be a rather good combination of both Mirage and original cartoon storylines into one. I suggest people here check it out if they haven't already.

I agree with this statement.

Spitfire
01-28-2012, 11:39 AM
As a gigantic (and secret) fan of the comics, I would love to agree with you, but looking at it from a less biased perspective, I can`t do it. There simply isn`t much quality in what is presented outside of a few key stories.

I've always felt the Mirage books rode on having cool art and decent stories. When Lawson took over volume 4 the art wasn't as great as past works so the writing had to hold the stories up alone. The writing wasn't terrible but not nearly strong enough to carry a book with artwork most people didn't like. Tales 2 was a mixed bag so you had the same problem there as well.

Candy Kappa
01-28-2012, 12:58 PM
A TMNT game doesn't need to ride on any specific established canon.

Like the Arkham games, since so many is gonna use it as an example. The game could just easily do it's own thing, with the best of all worlds

Hermano Dyvas
01-29-2012, 03:21 PM
An Arkham style TMNT game. First of all I'd base it on a combination of all the TMNT universes.

It would take place in a demolished Manhattan with the technodrome sitting at the center. It would take place after the villains got the technodrome back to earth and took over Manhattan. There's a big forcefield around the city so no one can get in or out.

You'd go around the city fulfilling story missions (duh) untill eventually you're able and ready to enter the technodrome for the final showdown.

Side-missions could involve side-villains like the rat-king. He could be responsible for people dissappearing, in reality he kidnaps them to feed himself and his rats.

Old Hob could be around forming his own gang trying to get all the scarce supplies for themselves.

A villain like Hun would have made an alliance with the main villains and the purple dragons could use some high tech gear.

Of course you'd also have allies, you could assist Casey Jones as he's patrolling the city. You could escort April as she tries to get footage of certain ongoings in the destroyed city.

I have a lot more ideas but unfortunately I'm not a game designer :P

Donnie
01-29-2012, 07:06 PM
The lack of any confirmation from Rocksteady is upsetting!

ZariusTwo
01-30-2012, 12:33 PM
What were you expecting? THIS GAME DOES NOT, AND NEVER WILL, EXIST.

When Lawson took over volume 4 the art wasn't as great as past works so the writing had to hold the stories up alone. The writing wasn't terrible but not nearly strong enough to carry a book with artwork most people didn't like. Tales 2 was a mixed bag so you had the same problem there as well.

Tales 2 didnt suffer the same problems at all. It was a solid collection of stories which told standalone outings and fairly short arcs that enriched the universe, and a multitude of variying artists working on it. It pleased more fanboys than Voulme Four, which, for a niche book, had a far minor fan base in itself, which is what I beleive really caused Laird to gradually become less and less interested in continuing it.

Peanut
01-30-2012, 07:13 PM
It is sad that Volume 4 somehow created a niche within a niche. Not a healthy state of being for an already vulnerable franchise.

Donnie
01-30-2012, 07:44 PM
had a far minor fan base in itself, which is what I beleive really caused Laird to gradually become less and less interested in continuing it.

You might be right about that to an extent...I was too young to care or read about comic sales when Vol. 4 was coming out, and from what I hear it started to bomb badly. That sucks. PL strikes me as the type that would start abandoning ship once sales were going down, no offense against him but he seems to let the littlest of things get to him.

Zage
01-31-2012, 09:18 AM
It'd be neat to see a TMNT game kinda like "the Saboteur", that's a great, under-rated game. :D

Zage
01-31-2012, 09:21 AM
An Arkham style TMNT game. First of all I'd base it on a combination of all the TMNT universes.

It would take place in a demolished Manhattan with the technodrome sitting at the center. It would take place after the villains got the technodrome back to earth and took over Manhattan. There's a big forcefield around the city so no one can get in or out.

You'd go around the city fulfilling story missions (duh) untill eventually you're able and ready to enter the technodrome for the final showdown.

Side-missions could involve side-villains like the rat-king. He could be responsible for people dissappearing, in reality he kidnaps them to feed himself and his rats.

Old Hob could be around forming his own gang trying to get all the scarce supplies for themselves.

A villain like Hun would have made an alliance with the main villains and the purple dragons could use some high tech gear.

Of course you'd also have allies, you could assist Casey Jones as he's patrolling the city. You could escort April as she tries to get footage of certain ongoings in the destroyed city.

I have a lot more ideas but unfortunately I'm not a game designer :PI like this idea. :tgrin:

Notyetasuperhero
02-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Still nothing from Rocksteady? Gahhhh, this is killing me!

The Stryker
02-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Oy. Ever think that it's just a crazy rumor? Rocksteady doesn't have time to debunk or confirm every rumor that comes down the pipe.

Candy Kappa
02-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Still nothing from Rocksteady? Gahhhh, this is killing me!

not sure if serious...

Notyetasuperhero
02-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Oy. Ever think that it's just a crazy rumor? Rocksteady doesn't have time to debunk or confirm every rumor that comes down the pipe.

I don't think they have time for ever rumor. But this one does have a lot more traction than most. I mean, I've seen this one reported more than I did the rumored Rocksteady Superman game.

The Stryker
02-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Does it really have more traction? It's barely a rumor. It's mostly some guy spitballing about how good a game like that would be.

LEOTMNT
02-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't think they have time for ever rumor. But this one does have a lot more traction than most. I mean, I've seen this one reported more than I did the rumored Rocksteady Superman game.

Had i not been on this forum i dont think i would have heard anything about Rocksteady doing a TMNT game, but then again i haven't had much of a life outside of school,work, ...and here so could just be me.

Does it really have more traction? It's barely a rumor. It's mostly some guy spitballing about how good a game like that would be.

yeah pretty much what i got out of it.

i got no impression what so ever from the few articles i read that created the impression that this was anything more that someone's hopes of being an actuality. i believe he used the phrase "what i would like to see" and so fourth in hypothetical tense but i only read the few articles found on this thread and that's all. it would be sweet but after seeing what Nick was saying about the new toon "CG anime" was used somewhere i believe, but dont quote me and idk that scares me, i will not be a fan of the new show i dont think.

i dont think the direction the new toon is gonna go is of liking, to my taste of turtles but who knows, i also think that this will just further hinder the creation of mature game i wanted to see, but know i shall never get.

mb1025
02-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Take episodes 1-5 of the OT and make that into a game. I think about 98 percent of us can agree with this.

Jester
02-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Take episodes 1-5 of the OT and make that into a game. I think about 98 percent of us can agree with this.
*waits for Andrew to disagree.*

mb1025
02-05-2012, 04:50 AM
*waits for Andrew to disagree.*

It makes no sense for them to take any story from the comics. When I see what Rocksteady did with Batman it was mostly The Animated Series with references to things in the Batman universe. If it is true about the Turtle Wagon, Blimp, and other things from the OT why would they be doing stories from the comics? The only thing I take away from this is that the setting and tone will be like the comics and the story and characters would be from OT with references from the entire universe.

If I was setting up this game I would have just a section of the city with random buildings we had seen from the show. Channel 6 building, the different "Ninja" type places from episode 1, and few other buildings like that scattered through the world. Much like the under ground sewers in Batman you should be able to get to the lair and the connecting tunnels from that should lead to different parts of the city.

The Technodrome could be used like the main tower in Arkham City. It can be under ground the entire game or it can make its way above ground to where you can finally enter.

I would have just patches of Foot soldiers and Rock soldiers in different parts of the city like the henchmen in batman.

This is a very easy thing to pull of if the entire set up is the same. We have seen them be able to take multiple villains and create stories for these people in an inclosed area and it works. I believe episodes 1-5 from the original toon would be a great way to start. Go with what works for the first game and then introduce stuff that the hardcore audience would know if there is a follow up.

LEOTMNT
02-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Yeahh i was hoping more that they veered completely away from the OT, this way i could have my mature niche game! haha

Not to go off topic but i was having a conversaion with a brother of mine and came to the conclusion that as much as the OT shaped some of my childhood, i as an adult hate what it has done to the the image of turtles as far as whats niche and whats popular(used lightly), and this was all amplified when i saw this toy fare video

TMNT at Toy Fair News: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ght-new-286540

nothing in the this video gave me the idea that...

A: Nick is handleing the franchaise well IMO

and

B: I will like the new toon.

That said i lovee the new toon toys. with the exception of a few things like Leos head sculpt, or the three toes which become eerily more obvious than in CG. but other than that i think there pretty awesome looking, although im still coming around to the height difference.

i hope that if a game ever in my existence was to get made like this, that it was for a more mature audience, and not geared down to please the young-ins and make slightly more cash. personally i feel like the market isnt there for a more mature form of turtles (aside from mirage and select few others) out there lately because they will never take the risk and its always gonna come down to well the OT bleh bleh yadda yadda..but a game like this could pull in any half fans who werent into the comics but saw potential elsewhere in the media IMO. Well maybe not a game alone it would need to be a whole relaunch, and since we have all this going on with Nick....i fear it will be dead for a while.

sdp
02-05-2012, 10:09 AM
The good news is all signs point to THQ is going out of business so no more crappy Nick game properties from them. Though I still think any game is going to be based on the new cartoon and be aimed at kids/rushed to market for the holiday season.

If this rumor is true which is highly doubtful we'll probably see some stuff before E3 like an announcement or acknowledgement and it'll happen when they want it to not anytime soon I would think. I still think a Smash Bros or Power Stone game would be perfect for the turtles, only done with more care unlike Mutant Melee/Smash Up. But another an AA type of game wouldn't be bad. I still think the next game will just be a forgettable beat em up like the 2k3/2007 games were.

If rocksteady is making the game though I wouldn't think it'd be exclusively based on the comic or cartoon or anything, just "inspired by", so we'd see a grittier version of OT characters like Beebop etc in a universe that resembles the comic one. Still I don't see this game getting a T rating, they'd want to avoid it so they can only take the "grit" so far to a E10+ rating.

Notyetasuperhero
02-05-2012, 12:03 PM
The good news is all signs point to THQ is going out of business so no more crappy Nick game properties from them. Though I still think any game is going to be based on the new cartoon and be aimed at kids/rushed to market for the holiday season.

If this rumor is true which is highly doubtful we'll probably see some stuff before E3 like an announcement or acknowledgement and it'll happen when they want it to not anytime soon I would think. I still think a Smash Bros or Power Stone game would be perfect for the turtles, only done with more care unlike Mutant Melee/Smash Up. But another an AA type of game wouldn't be bad. I still think the next game will just be a forgettable beat em up like the 2k3/2007 games were.

If rocksteady is making the game though I wouldn't think it'd be exclusively based on the comic or cartoon or anything, just "inspired by", so we'd see a grittier version of OT characters like Beebop etc in a universe that resembles the comic one. Still I don't see this game getting a T rating, they'd want to avoid it so they can only take the "grit" so far to a E10+ rating.

I can see it getting a T, I imagine the tone will be around the same area as the new IDW books

shuriken
02-08-2012, 03:08 AM
Well that was amusing. After reading 7+ pages about what a TMNT game should/could/can't/won't be I almost forgot what this thread was about. But I think a good co-op game with stealth elements and split screens would be awesome. Or something like Ultimate alliance. IMO an open world game or Arkham City style game doesn't work for tmnt cuz they can't roam freely without being driven back to the sewers due to safety reasons or whatever. Plus the TMNT are a team and the best TMNT games are played with friends, co-op is where it's at. As for the tone and style, i really like what IDW is doing, taking elements from both Mirage and the Fred Wolfe universe, so a game like that would be great. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the Mirage-verse, but it is totally niche and at best has about a dozen good arcs/ comics. At best. But that's what you get when your first volume is a bunch of random half assed stories that are more style than substance

LEOTMNT
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
...I think a good co-op game with stealth elements and split screens would be awesome. Or something like Ultimate alliance.

Yeah i agree that would be pretty awesome, as well ultimate alliance style would be very cool so long as it had some stealth elements and things didn't get too chaotic on screen, the co-op aspect there would be a lot nicer and user-friendly for sure.

IMO an open world game or Arkham City style game doesn't work for tmnt cuz they can't roam freely without being driven back to the sewers due to safety reasons or whatever. Plus the TMNT are a team and the best TMNT games are played with friends, co-op is where it's at.

yes well there is the problem! co-op would more than likely suck in a open world game if it was even there to begin with. but as for being able to traverse through the city it would definitely have to be catered to them in a specific story plot like shredder or whom have you taking over sections of the city or perhaps everyone in the city disappeared and now only evil is about... and the turtles have to somehow fix this? <- that itself seems a little to "batman" esque but you know what i mean.

As for the tone and style, i really like what IDW is doing, taking elements from both Mirage and the Fred Wolfe universe, so a game like that would be great. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the Mirage-verse, but it is totally niche and at best has about a dozen good arcs/ comics. At best. But that's what you get when your first volume is a bunch of random half assed stories that are more style than substance

i really like the style/tone of IDW that would be great if that was the way it went. and yes your right about that concerning the comics, but for a game 12 or so doesn't sound too bad. right? ...it is poor thats for sure. i don't think it would matter much though, i'd imagine a lot would be fabricated for the game anyway and it prob would only have certain references to different TMNTverses through the extras and side missions.

Spitfire
02-09-2012, 05:50 AM
It makes no sense for them to take any story from the comics. When I see what Rocksteady did with Batman it was mostly The Animated Series with references to things in the Batman universe.
You mean the animated series that was based heavily on the comics?

Aside from VAs and some skins 90% of the Arkham games are rooted far more in the comic lore then anything else. None of the characters act like their cartoon counter parts and they look more like they do in the comic, with some complete redesigns for good measure. No plot points were borrowed from the cartoon but they did borrow a few from the comics including characters like Hush and Azrael who never appeared in the series.

An open world stealth game would work just fine for TMNT if done properly and would be really neat as one hasn't really been done before. Metal Gear arguably laid some ground work for one but that game was limited to an island. Having to roam the rooftops without being seen by humans and getting caught by Foot Ninja would be interesting. It would also be neat to add an element of news coverage. Everytime you do get spotted by a human stuff starts to turn up in papers and the more people become aware of you the less you become just an urban legend making it harder to get around the city.

If they based the game off the cartoon too much there'd be a lot less they could do in my opinion. The OT especially had very few major events I could call game worthy and not much of a universe to write any in. You could easily make a game out of a few of the major plot points from the Mirage books.

ToTheNines
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
The OT especially had very few major events I could call game worthy and not much of a universe to write any in.

Use your imagination a little bit man. I'd start on all the crap you could do in an OT based game but I'd never quit typing if I did.

Ninjinister
02-09-2012, 02:11 PM
http://kotaku.com/5883797/arkham-city-makers-arent-making-a-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-game

Disconfirmed.

Candy Kappa
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
I am shocked

MattLawrence
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM
that is lame

Candy Kappa
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
It was just a loose rumor to begin with (barely)

MattLawrence
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM
meh there will be a new game eventually

Hermano Dyvas
02-20-2012, 10:41 AM
The OT especially had very few major events I could call game worthy and not much of a universe to write any in.

Umm, where you into videogames in the early 90's?

- The Technodrome,
- Bosses like Bebop & Rocksteady, Baxter the Fly, Chrome Dome,...
- Vehicles like the turtle van and turtle blimp but also stuff like the cheapskates.

I am not dissing the other universes or something but saying there are no great elements for a game in the OT is almost crazy.

Cure
02-20-2012, 01:36 PM

- The Technodrome,
- Vehicles like the turtle van and turtle blimp but also stuff like the cheapskates.

Yeah, which adds up to about 45 minutes of game. Good point you're making there, champ.

sdp
02-20-2012, 02:33 PM
That had more to do with the game being a beat em up and that it was the early 90s than anything else.

Hermano Dyvas
02-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Some of you guys have the worst imagination. I put up a description containing elements from all universes earlier in this thread. It's pretty easy to think of a concept containing just elements from the OT that would last longer then 45 minutes as well...

No one said copy the games from the 90's...

ToTheNines
02-20-2012, 05:00 PM

- The Technodrome,

I am not dissing the other universes or something but saying there are no great elements for a game in the OT is almost crazy.

To add on to that...

Make the sewers a pretty confusing maze that takes some time to learn. Give the Rat King his own corner it, guarded by thousands of rats until an objective is made available involving him.

Just because it's the OT doesn't mean stealth couldn't be involved, it would be fun sneaking around the Channel 6 building as well as other places.

Drive the Van and the Blimp. Train with Splinter. Deliver pizza's in the star cruiser as Michaelangelo. Visit the Florida swamp's and team up with the Punk Frogs. Infiltrate brain-washed Corporations with Casey Jones. Survive "Shredderville".

I'll stop now.

Leon
02-24-2012, 01:55 AM
I think they should make a new turtles game similar to the Wolverine and God of War games too similar to the movie tie in with the last movie but with the depth that us true hardcore fans want, the costumes, the bosses, the kick ass bruce lee moves, cool Kevin Eastman animated comic cut scenes and the original vol one Mirage Comics storyline. I understand the urge for a beautifully made free roam TMNT but we got to top the arcades games first I mean honestly Turtles in Time is their best game to date and thats 2D! The game based off of the last movie had the right idea just not the depth so thats where I say we start.:tgrin:

Memphis
02-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Battle Nexus was rated T. God, that games box art was amazing... I'd kill for a poster of it.
Man, I was really hoping this rumor would be true. I've been wondering what rocksteady could do with TMNT since Arkham Asylum.

ZariusTwo
02-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Yeahh i was hoping more that they veered completely away from the OT, this way i could have my mature niche game! haha

Not to go off topic but i was having a conversaion with a brother of mine and came to the conclusion that as much as the OT shaped some of my childhood, i as an adult hate what it has done to the the image of turtles

Oh cry me a river. "Boo hoo, the OT ruined an already dopey premise's chances of being taken seriously, me want blood and swearing, boo hoo"

I'm an adult, and I'd much prefer a game based on the OT than the Mirage stuff. Knock off this "as an adult, I'm obligated to hate how typecast the TMNT are as wise-cracking, fun-loving pastiches of their boring comic book counterparts, look how grown-up and EDGY I am" attitude.

nothing in the this video gave me the idea that...

A: Nick is handleing the franchaise well IMO

and

B: I will like the new toon.

A. They ARE handling it well.

B. The new 'toon is shaping up pretty fine. It's not what you want, hence you hate it. Go back to reading the overrated niche IDW books. The rest of us know what makes this franchise sell, and it's what the OT brought to the table, not "grim'n'gritty" niche comics

i feel like the market isnt there for a more mature form of turtles (aside from mirage and select few others) out there lately because they will never take the ris

Far more likely because the "mature stuff" isnt all that interesting.

Yeah, which adds up to about 45 minutes of game. Good point you're making there, champ.

Stiop being a prick. The OT has plenty more to offer than that.

If they based the game off the cartoon too much there'd be a lot less they could do in my opinion. The OT especially had very few major events I could call game worthy and not much of a universe to write any in.

Thanks for proving you've never seen a lick of the old show.

-First season can be a game
-Eye of Zarnoth quest can be a mini-game
-Krang's giant body, giant robot, and Knucklehead make good bosses
-The Big Trilogy is a defiante game-ender
-Hell, throw in the European Vacation as an add-on
-The Red Sky era, (all three seasons)

It's the MIRAGE stuff that can't fill up a decent SERIES of games, considering there's only two or three comic stories anyone really gives a lick about (First Issue, Return to New York, and City at War), the OT on the other hand can stretch for as long it wants (hell look at all the original stories we got like "Turtles in Time" and "The Manhatten Project", none of which were based on OT episodes at all) because the OT's universe owes more to the imagination. MIRAGE DOESNT. Fact.

Donnie
02-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Wow, really wishing Zarius was still banned.

All of that sh*t is your opinion, troll. You wanna talk facts? It's certain that because of the OT, Turtles as a whole will never be taken with seriousness by the general public. And as an adult TMNT fan who knows all of the different sides of Turtles, realizing how the Turtles will always be type-cast in the public eye, that sucks. Don't give me "oh it was a stupid idea to begin with" cause we all know damn well that Eastman & Laird in both past and present have regarded the TMNT as more than just dopey characters.

The Stryker
02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
TMNT was a weed induced parody idea. Don't act like Eastman and Laird sat down to create the next serious comic hit.

The name "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" stops the franchise from being taken seriously. Let's calm it down there before you break your brain muscle.

Hermano Dyvas
02-24-2012, 02:46 PM

Stiop being a prick.

Said the kettle to the pot. :P

For the record I disagree with Cure.

Honestly Zarius, a lot of your reactions are just phrased nasty. Not everyone has your opinion, you speak as if people do or should and that's just silly.
Just try to be more civil in your posts dude.

P.S. Also Cure's use of the word "champ" was uncalled for after an unfounded argument. :D

Let's calm it down there before you break your brain muscle.

You're not a great peacemaker. :lol:

Donnie
02-24-2012, 06:29 PM
TMNT was a weed induced parody idea. Don't act like Eastman and Laird sat down to create the next serious comic hit.

The name "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" stops the franchise from being taken seriously. Let's calm it down there before you break your brain muscle.

Dude, you can't tell me after everything Laird has done and now everything Eastman is doing for the Turtles means that they don't take these characters seriously. They were built upon a mix of humor and seriousness, how the heck could you even deny that? Oh yeah, you don't read the comics.

You're not a great peacemaker. :lol:

Is he ever? :lol:

Shredder
02-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Let's stop the arguing (or at least take it off the forums) or this thread will be locked.

The Stryker
02-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Dude, you can't tell me after everything Laird has done and now everything Eastman is doing for the Turtles means that they don't take these characters seriously. They were built upon a mix of humor and seriousness, how the heck could you even deny that? Oh yeah, you don't read the comics.

Oh no! I didn't suffer through all of the comics! I guess I'm just not as good of a fan as you are.

I have read quite a bit of the comics before I...well stopped and just because they decided to try and get serious in later issues doesn't change the fact that it started as a joke and has a ridiculously jokey name. The seriousness in the early books is a parody of the other over the top 'grit' books that were popular at the time.

Giant cartoon looking turtles in ninja garb doing 'EXTREME' things and saying 'SERIOUS' things.

xECUrlnXCqk

Shredder
02-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Sorry, guys, but enough of the arguing. We are temporarily locking the thread to give things a chance to cool down.

Update: The thread is now unlocked. Play nice.

shezcrafti
03-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Is anyone a fan of the Uncharted games?

I think a game that is similar in style & gameplay to Uncharted would be the perfect TMNT game, blending lots of awesome ninja action (combat plus stealth) with cinematic cutscenes.

Anyone have any friends at Naughty Dog? :trazz:

Cure
03-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Is anyone a fan of the Uncharted games?

I think a game that is similar in style & gameplay to Uncharted would be the perfect TMNT game, blending lots of awesome ninja action (combat plus stealth) with cinematic cutscenes.

Wow. Yeah, a shooter would be the perfect TMNT game.

ToTheNines
03-31-2012, 04:41 PM

No, but I worship the ground they walk on.

I'd certainly have a blast with a TMNT game that was more like Jak and Daxter: TPL.

shezcrafti
03-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Wow. Yeah, a shooter would be the perfect TMNT game.

/facepalm.

I don't mean that the game would be a shooter. Obviously.

Think the style and gameplay of Uncharted combined with the Turtle's melee weapons. Lots of cinematics, wall-climbing, roof-leaping action, etc. Nathan Drake might as well be a damn ninja with some of the crazy maneuvers he's able to pull off. :tlol:

Cure
04-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Cuz if anyone remembers anything about Uncharted, it's the melee.

Memphis
04-02-2012, 12:59 AM
I always thought they should just have the games be their own thing. The comics don't tie in with the cartoons, and the cartoons don't tie in with the movies. They're all their own universes. That's how a new game should be approached, and not crammed with as much from the show as it can fit.

I'd like a darker game, not Arkham games dark, but to have dark tones when they need it while having clever humor and some comedy. I'd love a game with a balance between sneaking around and actually acting like ninjas and balls out action. Have a good fighting system, have all the turtles have different counters and moves, and then remove stupid comments every time you do a move (Mikey's "EAT FEET") got old really fast and he said it EVERY time you used it.

I'd even LOVE if they got the OT cast to reprise their roles, It would be fun to see the voices of those turtles in darker situations.

lKevlKev
04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
A new TMNT game could go in any direction. Despite the opinions of some individuals on here, I would love a open-world/sandbox game. Even if it was a semi version of it like Arkham Asylum/City where you have the illusion of a sandbox game, but you are constricted to certain areas. In the first game, you were on Arkham Island and stuck within the giant prison in Old Gotham in the second. Never did you get to experience the entire city of Gotham. It keeps the story more focused and not all over the place.

I also believe that there is enough within the TMNT Universe to create a great, emotional, character driven story with a lot of depth that is also funny because of the Turtles' personalities. I think what would be great is if the game would include much of the TMNT lore even if they took some liberties to make a good story like they did with the latest Batman games.

My only hope is that the gameplay would be fun and not repetitive. I believe the combat should be more than just another hack and slash/beat 'em up. If they could make it where you could perform different combos with different button combinations that would be great. That is how the Arkham Asylum/City games and the latest Spiderman games are.

I would love to see all kinds of easter eggs within the game for the fans, and a huge cast of characters and villains. The best thing would be to have a large campaign with a main quest and side missions not to mention boss battles throughout the game. That's my idea of a great TMNT videogame.

I would even love to see a LEGO® TMNT game because those games are so much fun.

Memphis
04-06-2012, 06:02 AM
I would even love to see a LEGO® TMNT game because those games are so much fun.

Amen! I've been thinking a lego tmnt would be awesome for the longest time.

corvus
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I really think it'd be closest to assassins creed than anything else except your gear should be limited to your main weapons with less upgrade BS and picked up enemy weapons, throwing stars and maybe some cool gadgets. Lots of free running and not being seen by civilians..maybe you could search trash cans or closed shops to find disguise stuff. I'd also like to see at least Casey and splinter as unlockable characters and maybe make it so only certain turtles could accept certain missions.

corvus
06-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Also I joined the drome to discuss comic books and until I saw the video game section there were no freakin trolls. You guys should grow the hell up. Seriously, why are gamers always childish? You guys sound like twelve years olds on xbox live.

Cure
06-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Timely response there, champ.

corvus
06-01-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm late yeah but that was ridiculous, I mean it looks like it started on the first page!. So anyways, I think the idea is awesome, I'd like to see it take place in a universe(most video games are in their own universe) similar to the mirage or IDW comics.

The Stryker
06-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Its not so much ridiculous as it is people saying an idea wouldn't work.

KirkyMonster
06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I think KONAMI should make the new games, because they have a great track record with what they have already put out. The CGI movie game wasn't too bad either but I still feel that KONAMI did a better job. If KONAMI could make another game with the fast paced action and overwhelming odds of there previous games with some of the platforming elements from the TMNT movie game with a pinch of the METAL GEAR stealth elements would be perfect.
Also I think that if there was a game based around the Turtles infiltrating Shredders warehouse compound (think issue 1 of the Mirage comic or the warehouse from the first movie) there could be a sort of an open world game play to it similar to Arkham Asylum. Picture the beginning of the game the Turtles have just entered Shredders warehouse fortress, a huge lot of various buildings and storage sheds with manholes scattered here and there throughout the levels where an equally large underworld could be found and navigated that could lead to otherwise inaccessible areas of the overworld level (the storage sheds and sewers could also provide places to hide if the Turtles were spotted). Also with there being sewers readily accessible it would pay a slight homage to the original ULTRA GAMES Ninja Turtles for nes.
The Turtles could go deeper and deeper into Shredders compound perhaps even having the 3 mutant Shredders from the Return to New York story line as bosses, perhaps too you could fight the 3 mutant Shredders one at a time as the levels progressed until late in the game there could be a boss battle where you would have to fight all 3 at once for one of those "Oh Crap!" moments. Some other bosses could be Android Baxter Stockman, Rat King, Servanti Romero could make an appearance and even magically transport the Turtles to some dinosaur infested jungle to change the pace and scenery of the game to keep it fresh and exciting. This long description is just to share an idea how a slightly open ended TMNT game could work.
Also I feel that a GREAT TMNT game could be made using just the original Mirage source material of rogues and allies as characters and enemies. Though this will probably never happen because video game companies always felt it necessary to make games based on what ever the Turtles were doing on the cartoon series the only exception I can think of is Tokka and Rhazar in Turtles in Time and Karai in TMNT Tournament Fighters. But I can dream till I learn how to mod games to my liking. :tgrin: Cool discussion though aside from some people saying how stupid other peoples ideas are, I am looking forward to hearing others oppinions on what would make a great TMNT game. :tgrin:

The Stryker
06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I think KONAMI should make the new games, because they have a great track record with what they have already put out.

Stopped reading right there.

Konami hasn't done anything of real worth in years and even their old turtle games have aged horribly. Get off of it. Konami is not the answer and it's never the answer. How about we fantasize about a GOOD studio getting hold of the property.

The past. Get out of it. Also make your posts more readable and not a mind numbing block of nonsense.

Cure
06-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Paragraaaaaaaaaaaaaphs.

Tuxedo Moroboshi
06-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Alright, so, I ran across this page (http://nerdreactor.com/2012/01/23/rocksteady-to-make-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_19303) and... well, I find it rather dubious, myself, but I want to know if anyone else has heard anything about it.

It sounds very similar to what was proposed in this thread.

EDIT: Uh, okay, nevermind, it looks like you guys are already aware of this. Sorry about that. But, seriously, has there been any confirmation on this yet?

oldmanwinters
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
EDIT: Uh, okay, nevermind, it looks like you guys are already aware of this. Sorry about that. But, seriously, has there been any confirmation on this yet?

Dead as a door nail, bub.
http://kotaku.com/5883797/arkham-city-makers-arent-making-a-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-game

And it was probably the most baseless rumor to ever make its way around the TMNT fandom:

Activision has the TMNT video game license.

corvus
06-08-2012, 01:12 PM
The mention of a dark game featuring a turtle van and blimp is what makes me not believe it. I mean it'd be awesome...and even more awesome if it was mostly based on the IDW universe, which has a great selection of characters.

Drose18
06-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Well i dunno bout u guys buttttt i love this crazy ass idea (sounds drunk)

Drose18
06-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Dead as a door nail, bub.

And it was probably the most baseless rumor to ever make its way around the TMNT fandom:

Activision has the TMNT video game license.

So we get Call of Duty TMNT shootout game? I'm cool with that.

Candy Kappa
06-11-2012, 01:21 PM
So we get Call of Duty TMNT shootout game? I'm cool with that.

get Quake and find the old TMNT skins