PDA

View Full Version : The Sightings Thread

Hero
01-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Hopefully this will not go pear-shaped. I figured (not pun intended) on starting a newer type of thread here, so here is The Sightings Thread.

Basically post/report sightings of anything toy-related of interest. This could be stuff yet-to-be released, barely released, or stuff that is generally hard to find. On top of that, items which have been released before but have cropped up again by sheer miracle.

As I write this I came upon discovery that Warriors of Virtue toys from 1997 have been cropping up all over the place in UK discount stores/shops. Mainly the figs are Lai and Grillo. If anyone stateside is after there, do hook up and I can sort you out.

Basically yeah, just hoping a Sightings Thread could be useful to assist with toy hunting. (not just on eBay)

Ninjinister
01-25-2012, 12:53 AM
http://sharetv.org/images/sightings-show.jpg

Required.

Anyway, um... I haven't seen anything new or awesome lately. A lot of Fred Meyer stores in this area (owned by Kroger for those in other parts of the states) have 3.75" Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor figures on pretty low clearance. Sadly anything worth buying of those lines have been cleared out.

Falconhood
02-19-2012, 04:30 PM
it's bare around here, but Wal-Mart has really slashed some clearance, so maybe that is a good sign they are making room (ex:GL figs are 75% off original now, $1.50 for 3.75", $3 for 2 pack with Watcher and lantern, etc)

Ninjinister
02-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Some people have reported seeing Avengers figures already, which kind of boggles my mind because my local stores had Thor and Captain America pretty earlier.

Ninjinister
03-04-2012, 12:02 AM
So one of my local stores finally got Avengers figures. They look worse in person than I would have thought. All they had were two different variants of Cap, two of Thor, and one of Iron Man. Do they really think these things will sell at $9 a piece when they're sitting right next to the Cap, Thor, and Iron Man lines that have been stuck on the pegs on clearance for months?

Brodie
03-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Saw the Avengers figures. They're terrible.

I did see the NEW MARVEL LEGENDS. Thor looks awesome. Vast improvement to the last lines of ML. If I didn't have a Marvel Select modern Thor, I would have gotten the ML one.

Target finally got Transformers Prime figures. I picked up Bee, passed on Soundwave, cause he looks pretty lame. Wish they had Starscream.