PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't Tang Shen Have Been Reincarnated?

Dirty Blond
02-17-2012, 08:42 PM
So, it's all good, right? No need to avenge her.

ToTheNines
02-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Not necessarily.

Toby Barrett
02-17-2012, 08:45 PM
For some reason, Yoshi didn't really pray all that hard that she'd return as he did himself and his sons.

ToTheNines
02-17-2012, 08:48 PM
For some reason, Yoshi didn't really pray all that hard that she'd return as he did himself and his sons.

Well he'd lived the past 11 years wanting to kill Saki for what he'd done. The only reason he ran to the mountains was because Shen asked him to do so for their children's safety.

I would assume that he was training them so as to make them capable of aiding him in his revenge. Once that was taken away from him, he prayed that it wouldn't be.

Still, he was more focused on vengeance rather than love. There's a lesson to be learned there I'm sure.

azrael
02-17-2012, 09:32 PM
She could be a ghost. She hasnt crossed over until she sees her sons are safe. <---- which would make for an awesome filler issue, Tom you getting this?

Matches Malone
02-17-2012, 09:45 PM
I think this idea was brought up in another thread, and it certainly is possible she was reincarnated. However, similar to the mutants thing, I think it's more believable if something extraordinary does not come by easily. It helps bridge the gap from reality to comic book reality. Humanoid mutants and reincarnation don't really happen (as far as we know), so naturally FOUR mutants or ONE instance of reincarnation is easier to swallow than a HUNDRED mutants or reincarnations handed out to anyone like Buddha was Oprah Winfrey. I'd like to think that Yoshi's reincarnation was a special case, granted only due to the intensity of his prayer, the extremity of the injustice, etc. Perhaps in this universe, everybody is reincarnated after death. But those rules haven't really been established or explicated yet, so for now, I'm going to go with the more realistic route...

Regarding Yoshi not praying for Tang Shen's reincarnation, it could be argued that he indeed was seeking vengeance (or justice, however you want to see it for now) instead. Let's remember that reincarnation isn't "bringing someone back to life." It's getting a second life. A second chance, really, to get it right. I believe in Buddhism, the goal is NOT to keep reincarnating. If nothing else, he probably wished for his love to find peace rather than involving her in drawing out this conflict with the Shredder. Some could say the opportunity to seek justice for Oroku Saki's crimes could be a more honorable wish prayer than to just reincarnate him and his family to live happily ever after.

marcelangelo
02-18-2012, 05:42 PM
great point there, matches!

FearlessLeader
02-18-2012, 06:02 PM
It could also be assumed that her spirit had already moved on to some other plane or something by the time of Yoshi and his son's death and it wouldn't be possible for her to be reincarnated with them.

Andrew NDB
02-18-2012, 07:11 PM
"Thanks for the kids... peace out, Shen!" ;)

CyberCubed
02-18-2012, 10:31 PM
IIRC didn't we see her ghost in a Tales issue?

ToTheNines
02-19-2012, 06:35 AM
IIRC didn't we see her ghost in a Tales issue?

Briefly in Tales #19.

Logan
02-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Two words... April O'Neil.

I'm just kidding. Though that would be an interesting possibility from a story standpoint. It couldn't be any worse than her turning out to be a drawing.

ToTheNines
02-19-2012, 11:33 AM
It couldn't be any worse than her turning out to be a drawing.

It would be way worse.

Mr._Mutant_Man
02-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Two words... April O'Neil.

I'm just kidding. Though that would be an interesting possibility from a story standpoint. It couldn't be any worse than her turning out to be a drawing.

It implies a possible rekindling of a romance with Splinter. Yeah...I gotta agree it could wind up being worse.

I would much rather see Tang Shen return as another mutant, or as a different human character. Even if it is a remake, April O'Neil and Splinter are too well established at this point to possibly put in a romance.

Candy Kappa
02-19-2012, 01:20 PM
She wasn't reincarnated because girls don't have souls...

I kid, I kid. The flashbacks lies, she was actually a ginger :P

Uki
02-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Venus!

Just saying... ;)

Hermano Dyvas
02-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Venus!

Just saying... ;)

I guess that would be a good reason for the guys not to start a relation...
ugh I can't even type it.