PDA

View Full Version : Which was your first vehicle from the tmnt old toy line?

Bill
02-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Maybe someone has asked this on a previous thread. Hope not. When you all started buying tmnt figures...Which was your first vehicle from the tmnt old toy line?
In my case It was the 1990 Toitet taxi (from the wacky action series) And although I would´ve liked other more TV familiar vehicle like the Turtle Party Wagon, I really liked it very much. The crazy design (we are talking about a mobile bathroom), the wacky wind up feature, the toy box art, the secret sewer map that came inside all made my day.
22 years later, and after lots of hard search I´ve found a misb 1991 Leo´s Jolly Turtle Tubboat.
So, if I have the Toilet plus the Tub, It means I got the tmnt bathroom.... complete? Lol

rufus
02-19-2012, 04:52 PM
The Turtle Party Wagon.:D

Jester
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM
More than likely the Party Wagon. or maybe the Turtle Cycle... I really don't remember.

Galactus
02-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Don't know if it counts as a vehicle but the Turtle Trooper. Beyond that it was the Cheapskate.

Since I only had Mike and April at the time it was weird trying to get April to ride the Cheapskate.

gobo
02-19-2012, 05:28 PM
W/e they called the transport module... I started collecting vehicles pretty late in the game.

Foot Soldier Clang
02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
My first turtle vehicle was the original Cheapskate (which I got around the same time as my Toxic Crusaders Smogcycle).

Powder
02-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm pretty sure my first was that green/orange battery powered grappler. God, that thing was badass. I played with it more than any other vehicle.

juxtapose519
02-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Sadly, I never owned the Party Wagon. My first vehicle was either the Turtle Cycle or the Pizza Thrower.

Dragnskull
02-19-2012, 06:09 PM
not sure which, either the turtle van or the sewer cycle

Panda Khan
02-19-2012, 06:51 PM
The Seltzer Cannon. Not really a vehicle but it had wheels.

Bill
02-19-2012, 07:19 PM
W/e they called the transport module... I started collecting vehicles pretty late in the game.

That was the perfect vehicle to debut.

Uki
02-19-2012, 07:23 PM
The Foot-Ski! I loved that thing-we took it to Florida and I raced it around the pool at my grandparents' mobile home community, chasing sewer-swimming Don! :)

I later got (and loved) the pizza thrower and the party wagon-still one of the greatest vehicles ever. :) Great toys!

I'm looking forward to trying to talk myself out of buying the new Shellraiser...

Candy Kappa
02-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Foot-Ski or the Sewer Cycle, might have gotten them at the same time

joe-eyeball
02-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Bought the Cheapskate the same day I bought my first figure, Michaelangelo.

Agent 86
02-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the Cheapskate.

Followed by the Sewer Cycle (with sidecar). And eventually the Party Wagon and the Foot Cruiser.

pannoni1
02-20-2012, 04:05 PM
The Party Wagon for my sixth birthday, and still have it today so it remains special due to that nostalgia given that 98% of my collection has only come from the last six months.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Footcruiser

Oculus Orbus
02-20-2012, 05:05 PM
It was the Sewer Cycle with sidecar for me. Never really been into vehicles myself, but I quite enjoyed it back in the days. I'm sure it's still there in my parents house, somewhere.

Scotty TuffGuy1979
02-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Trying to remember!!! but I'm thinking Foot Ski, I know I had to special order the Party Wagon from Sears because it was sold out everywhere, I know I found the Sewer Playset at Toy R Us, but thats all the first vehicles, I didn't have many as a kid, only other vehicle I had was the turtle blimp. I can remember seeing the Technodrome at Kay Bee but was starting to get too old for playing and wasnt quite collecting yet.

Walkabout
02-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Double barreled plunger gun was my one and only "vehichle" as a kid, all i ever wanted was the van/party wagon/van which I still dont have...just 3 cheapskates and the turtlecycle:cry:

TheCanadiandrome
02-20-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm thinking Party Wagon and/or Foot Ski, then the Module, then the Technodrome

DonatelloFan
02-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Okay, I had:

Turtle Van
Pizza Thrower
One of the Sewer Tubes
Ninja Cycle w/ Side Car
Michelangelo's Cycle (That you pulled back and let go)
Toon Cycle
A Parachute
The thing where you could put ooze in a toilet above the figure, move the lever underneath, and the ooze come down on the figure

I can't remember which was my first. I'm thinking one of the Sewer Tubes, or maybe the Ninja Cycle with Side Car. I'm not sure. I know I got the Pizza Thrower on my 7th birthday in June 1990.

I'm actually not sure if I owned the Turtle Van, but I do remember playing with it.

The Motorcycle that came with a neon green and orange clad Michelangelo holds a special place in my heart because of the places I let him ride. One time I let him ride down an entire hallway of a middle school...

The toilet ooze thing, I definitely remember having, because I remember using so much ooze on the turtles.

marcelangelo
02-21-2012, 12:28 PM
mine was the original cheapskate;)but I had seen children on the playground and in the neighboorhoods and kindergarten driving their turtles cycle(I don't remember if that was the correct name for it) with the trash can sidecar, good was that cool/is that cool....I wish they'd bring that side car with their new motorcycle...
but yeah, first one was the cheapskate and god I remember it oh so well,I was carrying it under my arm overly proud as we were walking back on the beach of cup salou, spain...back in those days you couldn't spit without hitting a shop carrying millions of turtles toys and merchandize;)I still love that cheapskate and always remembered the package art from all these years ago, a few years ago I bought one very cheap from ebay moc and am so happy about it;);)

discordiatookie
02-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I can tell you what I had, but have no clue on what order I got em.

I had the Footski, the turtlecycle and the blimp. Oh, the blimp was the best thing ever!

Master Splinter
02-21-2012, 12:47 PM
I can't really remember which was the first but if I had to put my money on it I would say the Turtle Cycle because it was one of the cheaper vehicles.

-ms

UsagiYojimbo
02-21-2012, 01:39 PM
I know I owned the Party Wagon (Had to share it with my brother) haha... I remember asking Mum and Dad for the Technodrome, though I never did get one. I think that they couldn't locate it in any of the stores, or perhaps it was too expensive... Hmmm :ohwell:

Zog the Equalizer
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm pretty sure mine was the sewer cycle

Drose18
02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
I was born in 1999 so If you ask me it was the battle shell

which counts as old

tone-master21
02-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Mine was the Turtle Van.

TMNT_Master
02-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Mine was the Pizza Thrower and then the Turtle Cycle. I remember years later at a flee market I got a bunch of TMNT figures with the Technodrome and the Party Van. They were really beat-up though and the labels were coming off..

Digital Ghost
02-29-2012, 05:44 PM
My first were the Turtle Blimp, Party Wagon and Cycle... I didn't own a Technodrome.
My best friend next door had one, so we would often use his... otherwise, when I played alone, I had the Technoshelf! It was just this dark wood old end table with lower shelves that my mom had... I would use as a base of operations. Oh imagination, where did you go. :tcool:

billbot85
02-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Mine was the Turtle Van. Got it for my 5th birthday back in 1990. I have a few pictures of me having it out and put together that I'll probably upload at some point. My sister helped me put on all the stickers.

One of the best birthday gifts ever :tgrin:

Too bad that it eventually broke and had to be thrown out. Now I own the 25th Ann. Party Wagon.

Shreddhead
02-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Mine was the Muta-Raft

billbot85
02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
After the Party Wagon, I got the Pizza Thrower, Turtle Blimp II, and the Shell Top 4x4. All of which were awesome vehicles....that I unfortunately later gave away.

In addition to getting the Party Wagon back, I also bought back the Pizza Thrower and the Turtle Blimp. Since 2009 I have slowly bought back most of the TMNT toys from my childhood. :tgrin:

turtles_kolektor
03-01-2012, 03:34 AM
First one i had was a Mutant Module, then Sewer Dragster and unfortunatelly that is all. Funny story is that 20 years later when i decided to collect TMNT toys, first vehicle that i found was Mutant Module and then Sewer Dragster :D

rcg dodge
03-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Probably the turtle van, technodrome, cheapskate or turtle cycle. I can't even remember when I got them. Its funny how I still have all this stuff but I don't remember getting it. The mind of a 10 year old in the early 90s!

Genesis
03-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I had the Turtle Van/Party Wagon and the Technodrome. We did have the Turtle Blimp, just not the blimp part. I think that busted before I can remember anything. I also think that Super Krang kind of counts, except... y'know, not really. I just loved that toy. It's a shame that we had to leave all of those behind when we left Philly (long story short - escaped abuse from my father; could only take so many belongings).

TheCanadiandrome
03-01-2012, 02:07 PM
i forgot to add the Sewer Party Tube

The Purple Dragon
03-06-2012, 03:54 AM
whene the turtles come out i got rafael and donny and on my first birthday afther the turtles came out i i got the party wagon and the sewer bike and leo, mike shredder and bebop my best birthday ever

AcidBurn30
03-06-2012, 03:56 AM
mine was Party Wagon with Cheap Skate

JaffleMan
03-06-2012, 05:15 PM
The Party Wagon was my first and only vehicle for years. Had so much fun with it!! I remember taking it to school and letting it rip all over the school corridor, tennis courts and playground.

And it was almost indestructable. Mine only ever had the spring peg that held the door to the body break and that was due to plastic deterioration when it became really brittle. I had it outdoors a lot and the orange went to a faded pink colour.

I still have it today and don't know whther to let it be or if to replace the hinge and some stickers to have it fresh looking once again.

I also had the Muta Bike years later but it just was never as fun. The in-built pizza toaster was funny though :)

And to all of you who said you had the Mutant Module, I am extremely jealous. :p Hands down I think that would have been the best toy to play with as a little tacker.

TMNTdude87
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
My very first vehicle was the Turtle Party Wagon back in Christmas 1990. It was a fun vehicle it rolled had the spring open door and bomb chute and the visor could flip down, though that was fragile and soon the thing wouldn't stay up which angered and frustrated me. Lucky for me I was able to buy one MISB 7-8 years ago for 45 bucks no freaking lie!

Magneto
03-09-2012, 07:44 AM
It was either the Party Wagon/Van, or the Blimp.

MikeandRaph87
03-09-2012, 07:59 AM
The Turtle Party Wagon.:D

Same for me! I got it in 1990 at the ripe age of three. Still have it and a MIB one too.

I never got why it was labeled The Party Wagon when it was The Turtle Van. Even Turtles Forever goofed and called it The Party Wagon though it was not neccessarily friendly to the '87 series anyway.

TMNTdude87
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
I think it was because the title Turtle Van doesn't have the same pizazz as Turtle Party Wagon. The name "Turtle Party Wagon" alone sounds like it belongs to a fun toy one that absolutely has you wanting to play with it. The name "Turtle Van" while practical just sounds like a vehicle that rolls. Whoopty doo! How many other vehicles were out there during that time. Plenty! Playmates needed to think of some fun names to sell their toyline. After all it was 1988 when they named the thing and since the show itself was syndicated not a lot of TV markets could have carried it at first. Or the toyline could have been the introduction of the brand for some kids, so a catchy name was needed.