PDA

View Full Version : Raphael bad with kids

Jelly Bean
02-22-2012, 10:25 AM
I have seen at least two different series that show Raphael having difficulty with children. The 80's toon where he encounters kids like Quartz, the age regressed turtles, the polarisoid children, Buffy Bitch-hammer, and for a little while Zack.

And 4KIDS series where he encounters that one kid. They got along eventually but he seemed pretty impatient and bothered for the most part.

I find this surprising inspite of his grumpy nature I have heard that he got along with April and Casey's daughter from babyhood right up to her obnoxious teenager years.

But in all other media he is shown to be quickly annoyed and bothered with them. In the 80's toon you have Raphael yelling at quartz and telling him he hated him when he was already agitated, thinking Buffy is a brat, hoping the polarsoid children's faces get stuck and shoving baby-sitting duties on Mikey, generally not having alot of patients with the regressed turtles and so on.

But all the other turtles have more patients with kids even though thery have about as much exposure to children as he does.

CyberCubed
02-22-2012, 10:32 AM
He usually bonds with a hot-tempered kid like himself. In the 4kids series it was Tyler in that Season 1 gangster episode, "Lone Raph and Cub."

The same thing happens with Yoshi in TMNT III.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Don't forget "It Came from Beneath the Sewers", when Raphael propses to knock down the kids and grab the alien crystal at the tivoli. Even Michelangelo, the most kid-friendly one, actually prepares his nunchakus like if he was going to hurt them.

02-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Raph didn't like the Star Child very much huh? Even when he is voiced by Tommy Pickles. :D

AcidBurn30
02-25-2012, 12:36 AM
well look at the kids he had to deal with, they're a pain in the butt lol

BubblyShell22
02-25-2012, 07:02 AM
I don't think he's necessarily bad with kids. I think it's more he doesn't have a lot of patience with them. With Tyler it was mostly because Raph was trying to keep him out of danger, and Tyler wouldn't listen to what Raph had to say.

Uki
02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Ah, Raph's bad with everybody at first. ;)

Stingray69
02-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Bitch-hammer? Who or what was that?

triplexxx
02-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Personally I don't think he could be better with children.

02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't think Raph should be with children. Shadow as an adult wasn't a big fan of his either, if the future stories from Mirage is any indication.

Coola Yagami
03-01-2012, 05:15 PM

Buffy Shellhammer. Some rich girl who Mike had a crush on (the first ep in which Mike just completely forgot about Kala and was crushing on some other girl. Any other episode with the Neutrinos would also have Mike and Kala just act normal around each other).

Was it me but was Buffy too young for Mike anyway? I know they're (I guess) both teenagers... but Mike either seemed too old for her, or Buffy shoulda been drawn a little taller/older.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
03-02-2012, 03:34 AM

Poor Little Rich Turtle, season 4 of the 1987 cartoon.