PDA

View Full Version : HOBBIT assortments revealed. No images or details yet but it's a start!

JaffleMan
03-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Stolen directly from seibertron.com:

NEW PREORDERS

THE HOBBIT FIGURES & ROLE-PLAY
Listings are up for The Bridge Direct's line of figures and role play items from the upcoming Hobbit movies. The figure lines includes 3.75" Figures Series 01 Case of 6 at $59.99, 3.75" Figure Two-Packs Series 01 Case of 4 at $67.99, 3.75" Beast Pack Series 01 Case of 4 at $87.99 as well as the 3.75" Collector Pack at $29.99 and the Goblin Battle Set at $44.99. We also have listings for the 6" Figure Series 01 Case of 6 at $99.99, a 6" Deluxe Collector Figure at $21.99 a Role Play Sting Sword at $10.99, a Dwarven battle Axe at $14.99 and a Deluxe Sting Sword at $21.99.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2370&company=1340

This is exciting news for me... I also e-mailed bridge direct only yestereday and asked about release dates and when we will see images, they said 1st of October for "official images and product".

But somehow I imagine the figures to be later and images earlier although a 1st of October shelf date would rock with me. Rarely does a product hit shelves before the public has at least had a glimpse of what is to come.

Hopefully these hit stores in time for my girlfriends birthday. She is a mad LOTR fan and loves the toys, even though I play with them when she's not looking :p

Really excited about the collectors edition wave, $20 a figure doesn't seem to expensive these days for a figure of that scale and hopefully of comparable detail to the toybiz figures of old.

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: Could a mod please edit the title to assortments revealed instead of waves? And maybe say no images. Was a bit excited in my post and in hind sight the title is misleading. Sorry if i got anyone's hopes up thinking that official pics were out. My bad :(

Powder
03-08-2012, 08:06 AM
You can edit the title yourself, dude. For up to a week. Just click edit, then "go advanced". :)

JaffleMan
03-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Ahh, cheers. :)

Candy Kappa
03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
if they are au pair with last LOTR toys or hopefully better, i gotta get me some Hobbits and Dwarves.

Although I hope the scale is dwarf and hobbit sized and not GI Joe or marvel Universe sized.

Eiko
03-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I was just talking about this Hobbit stuff few days ago with my partner while watching LOTR Return of the king.

JaffleMan
03-09-2012, 04:20 AM
if they are au pair with last LOTR toys or hopefully better, i gotta get me some Hobbits and Dwarves.

Although I hope the scale is dwarf and hobbit sized and not GI Joe or marvel Universe sized.

Apparently it's both with the majority being 3 3/4 scale and a "collector" assortment in scale with the toybiz stuff.

Candy Kappa
03-11-2012, 05:47 PM
a 3 3/4 th in-scale Hobbits are gonna be tiny... like quarterlings :P

Donnie
03-12-2012, 02:57 PM
WOOO!!!!

I'm such a huge LotR, Hobbit, and all things Tolkien fan. I love the books more than the films, but that's not taking anything away from PJ's flicks - they are my all time favorite movies, and LotR in general has inspired me throughout my life the way no other franchise besides TMNT has.

So, needless to say, YES I AM EXCITED FOR THESE FIGURES!!!!

I'll be buying a ton of the 6" and the collectors line, never got into role playing though. I've bought heroclix and stuff like that, but just because I like the figures.

Hero
02-17-2013, 05:18 AM
I purchased the Thorin and Bilbo larger figures the other day. I find them to be pretty decent figs. No complaints here.

Zulithe
02-17-2013, 05:41 AM
the larger figures are decent enough... i have bilbo, gandalf, thorin, legolas and tauriel (the new female elf)

I'm impressed with the weapons, they are nicely painted and detailed for their size. gandalf is my favorite, his cloak is removable, his staff, glamdring and its sheath all look fantastic. and he has pretty good articulation for a figure that is wearing loose robes :P

I am looking forward to more 6" figures from the Hobbit line... we'll see. I won't be buying any of the smaller figures, they look WAY too small for the price. Though i did buy the warg with the goblin. The goblin is small but the warg is nice sized, great detail and has a working jaw.

Candy Kappa
02-17-2013, 05:55 AM
I might buy some of the 3 3/4 inch goblin, since they seem to be kinda in scale as the goblins can be in D&D, at least on the smallest.

The warg is cool looking as well. Right of now, I only have 6 inch Tauriel of the action figures, I love the individual arrows that comes in her quiver. Looking forward to some 6 inch orcs

snake
05-14-2013, 09:04 PM
I might buy some of the 3 3/4 inch goblin, since they seem to be kinda in scale as the goblins can be in D&D, at least on the smallest.

The warg is cool looking as well. Right of now, I only have 6 inch Tauriel of the action figures, I love the individual arrows that comes in her quiver. Looking forward to some 6 inch orcs

I just picked up a goblin on clearance, the arm falls off a lot :ohwell: But it was a great deal for 3$.

Zulithe
10-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Hobbit "Desolation of Smaug" wave is hitting Toys R Us starting yesterday, according to reports on theonering.net and toynewsi.com

both 3.75" and 6"

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=16&itemid=21232

if you see any let us know! I will be looking for them today and tomorrow myself

raph27
10-16-2013, 07:24 AM
I got Bilbo and Legolas from the 3.75 line $4 each a few weeks ago at TRU. Might get Gandalf and Azog now.