PDA

View Full Version : Where will you draw the line with Turtle variants from the Nick line?

CyberCubed
05-08-2012, 11:45 AM
For both the original toyline and the 4kids toyline, I actually used to buy all the Turtle varients. Yes that includes Farmer Michelangelo, Native American Leonardo, and stuff from the 4kids line like the Monster Hunter Turtles, Alien Hunter turtles, etc.

This time, I am not doing that. I'll buy a version of each Turtle based on the series. For example I will buy the Nick Turtles and of course the "Classic" Turtles based on the old show. But I won't buy those talking Turtles from the Nick lines with the voices. I will of course buy every villain or supporting character.

Are you going to buy all Turtle variants this time?

Powder
05-08-2012, 11:55 AM
It all boils down to whether or not I like them. As far as the Nick line is concerned, I'm not gonna just buy everything for the sake of it. I will go for practicality, all the characters that appear in the show as well as the variants that are based in it. Anything outside of that will have to be given a lot of thought unless they do something really unique.

zkarlette
05-08-2012, 02:02 PM
If they come up with other cool characters and the figures are descent ,I would probably get them but after all the variants from the 4 kids toy line , I'm gonna stick to the basic figs at least at the beginning .
I think I'm a little more interested in the movie merch and figs that will come out.

KirkyMonster
05-08-2012, 03:22 PM
I prefer to collect the figures that actually look like the regular Turtles without crazy costumes. I think with the costumed Turtles there were already plenty made in the original line of figures Samurai Leo and Surfer Mike being my 2 favorites in that style. But like I said I always preferred collecting the average looking Turtle figures like the original 4, the wacky action, storage shell, or movie star lines, or the fighting gear Turtles from the 2k line. The only time I even thought of collecting the bizarre costumed characters was once when I had the sudden idea of building a Turtle Town where the Rock Star Turtles would be putting on a concert while Make my day Leo did security Pizza face would have a pizzeria where undercover Don was buying a slice while rollerblading Mike would be skating by and so forth. But that sounded like it would cost WAY too much in the long run and I gave up on the ideas of Turtle Town. I would still love to see someone else do it though. Back to the point though I won't be collecting any odd costumed variants from the new line.

The Purple Dragon
05-12-2012, 04:22 PM
i am not a fan off all the variants so i will buy the main line only,perhaps if it something i like and has been in the show or make sense like under cover don with a hat and coat i will buy i never did buy eny of the variants before so why now

HotJuicyBurgers
05-12-2012, 06:58 PM
I prefer to collect the figures that actually look like the regular Turtles without crazy costumes. I think with the costumed Turtles there were already plenty made in the original line of figures Samurai Leo and Surfer Mike being my 2 favorites in that style. But like I said I always preferred collecting the average looking Turtle figures like the original 4, the wacky action, storage shell, or movie star lines, or the fighting gear Turtles from the 2k line. The only time I even thought of collecting the bizarre costumed characters was once when I had the sudden idea of building a Turtle Town where the Rock Star Turtles would be putting on a concert while Make my day Leo did security Pizza face would have a pizzeria where undercover Don was buying a slice while rollerblading Mike would be skating by and so forth. But that sounded like it would cost WAY too much in the long run and I gave up on the ideas of Turtle Town. I would still love to see someone else do it though. Back to the point though I won't be collecting any odd costumed variants from the new line.

Never give up hope on your dream!
Mostly because I would love to see that lol

Ravenxl7
05-12-2012, 07:36 PM
I'll buy what I like, and skip what I don't. Most of the turtle figures I had as a kid were odd variations of the characters. I already know I'll get all four of the normal turtle figures, and I imagine I'll end-up with at least one set of them all in odd getup's.

I'm already kind of tempted to get the vehicles with the exclusive figures. If there was more different to the Raph and if I had any interest in the dragon bike, both would be must-haves. As-is I'm not so sure I'll get either one.

Would be cool to see a Michelangelo figure along the lines of the old skateboardin' Mike (one of three Michelangelo figures I remember having as a kid). Especially if it meant the figure would have a skateboard that, while gimmick free, would look better with the figure.

Assuming the first release of the Metalhead figure doesn't have any, I'd like to see it released at some point with some chromed pieces. Maybe even just make the whole thing chrome.

A Kraang figure painted up to look kinda like Utrom Shredder would be kinda cool, imho.

Uki
05-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I won't get the talking turtles (well, maybe Mikey). I do want all 4 Classics and the 4 Nick turtles for certain. Beyond that, I'm not sure how many other figures I'll get-variant or otherwise. Probably Metalhead when he arrives... Maybe April...

As for variants though, who knows? If they're fun/cute/interesting/whatever, perhaps!

Drose18
05-13-2012, 05:43 AM
I won't get the talking turtles (well, maybe Mikey). I do want all 4 Classics and the 4 Nick turtles for certain. Beyond that, I'm not sure how many other figures I'll get-variant or otherwise. Probably Metalhead when he arrives... Maybe April...

As for variants though, who knows? If they're fun/cute/interesting/whatever, perhaps!

Same with the talking ones. I'd definetely get a TMNT in scuba gear thatd make for a cool episode.

Doomsword
05-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I want the classics & the 4 Nick turtles, but not planning to get any other turtle variants. I like some of the vintage variants, but I think that has more to do with that I had many of them when I was a kid. I'm staying away from variants from 94 on.

TheCanadiandrome
05-22-2012, 09:53 PM
i'll be buyin the four Classics Turtles and the 4 Nick Turtles (also not the Talking ones) as well as a few villains

pannoni1
05-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I'm a bit like Doomsworld in terms of mostly being a vintage guy, but basically if the figures interest me, I'll purchase them. If the show flops or the figures are poorly designed, then I'll look for it cheap at a second hand place. But I may shy away since I don't have children and this generation's TMNT isn't "my generation's", but if it becomes popular more than just for kids/teens, I'll consider it. Thank goodness for eBay and the Internet: At the last yard sale I went to with over 30 tables, not one TMNT item!

cartoonistaaron
05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
If the sculpts are well-done (unlike some of the 2k3 line) I'll grab some variants. Stuff like "Chief Leo" and "Cowboy Don" were extremely silly but I thought the sculpts and paints were pretty good. Plus the little descriptions on the cards were wacky.

If the new line takes itself too seriously I won't bother with anything beyond the basic stuff. But if they have a little fun with it and give us off-model stuff like the Pizza Tossin' Turtles, I'm all over it.

mysterycolor
05-23-2012, 01:00 PM
originals for sure, and variants will be decided once i actually see them :) .