PDA

View Full Version : Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter Art

IveyAngelo
05-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Hiya all,

Asking for help from anyone who has a Facebook account. There is a contest for the new "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" movie on Facebook, it's an art contest. My sister, Miki did a piece for the contest. One of the ways of being judged is by how many likes you get. If you have a facebook account please check out the link below and press the like button to vote. If you really like it, also press the share button to help spread the word!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=384480724927985&set=a.346393862070005.77048.228584253850967&type=1

Thanks in advance to any who will help!!!!!!

Samhain
05-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Pretty darn sure this is against the rules.

IveyAngelo
05-12-2012, 09:23 PM
It is? If it is I won't mind if this is deleted. Kind of surprised though, to find out something as simple as trying to get support in something is against rules. *shrugs* Even posted in the off topic area.

Did not mean to break any rules. Sorry if asking for help is a bad thing. :tconfuse:

Stingray69
05-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Why would it be against the rules?

Samhain
05-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Rule #3 -Spam of any kind is not allowed. This includes posting useless or excessively short posts just to increase your rank or post count, blatant advertising (posting a link to a website, forum, or other online resource for the sole purpose of gaining visitors or members), cross posting (starting the same thread in more than one forum), and double posting (posting twice or more in a row in the same thread unless at least one of the posts is close to the character limit or contains a relevant quote of another member with a relevant response (i.e. more than one sentence), or unless the posts were made hours apart).

IveyAngelo
05-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Well I always saw spam as asking for people to buy stuff and things like that. I'm a mod on a forum and I would never see a member asking for help in something as spam. In fact I always thought forums were away to reach out to friends when you need help.

Though if asking for people's support in something as simple as a like on facebook is seen as spam. I promise not to bring things here anymore.

Samhain
05-12-2012, 10:11 PM
''posting a link to a website, forum, or other online resource for the sole purpose of gaining visitors or members.''

Is this not what you were doing. I didn't make the rules, but it seems the only time you come on this forum is to pimp you youtube thing or something else. Never to chat with us. I see other people getting called out for this kinda stuff all the time, but never you.

IveyAngelo
05-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Usually if I'm posting stuff I'm posting things of interest to TMNT fans. Youtube links and such are often to interviews with people. And I have joined in on a few topics.

Though really I'm a part of a lot of different areas online. I travel and a lot of other things so I don't always stick around to chat. But I do reply when people talk to me. I read what's going on in interesting topics and while my work may not always be for this forum I'm out doing stuff to help get information together for the TMNT fandom as a whole.

If anyone does not want me to share the links to the blogs that I share, from interviews, behind the scenes footage and such. I can stop. Though each of those links I've shared has been on topic with TMNT and not stuff out else where. Things I've worked hard on, spend a lot of money and time doing to help bring stuff for fellow TMNT fans.

I'm sure if any mod has had a problem with me doing the posts when I can they would message me about it. Though if someone from this forum had a project and came to my forum to share and only could show up to say when they update. I would welcome them with open arms for being kind enough to keep us in the loop on their projects.

Aren't these forums about the TMNT and trying to get as much in one place for fans to find as possible? From the replies I normally get when I post TMNT links, people seem happy about them.

zkarlette
05-13-2012, 01:25 AM
The reason Ivey doesn't get called out is beCause she is totally legit in her TMNT fandom and she is always on top sharing all the info that we probably would never obtain, she could only post it on her site..but she comes out of her way to get us involved , which I thank her for that ,since I really find all her stuff pretty informative and fun to watch.

Samhain
05-13-2012, 01:41 PM
The reason Ivey doesn't get called out is beCause she is totally legit in her TMNT fandom and she is always on top sharing all the info that we probably would never obtain, she could only post it on her site..but she comes out of her way to get us involved , which I thank her for that ,since I really find all her stuff pretty informative and fun to watch.

She's legit? Why? She has a house full of Tmnt stuff? No, she's no different than anyone else just here to pimp their own stuff. Sorry, joined almost 9 years ago and 208 posts? Please.

IveyAngelo
05-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Heh, you're funny. So now fandom is judged on post counts? Sorry if I wanted to pimp my collection there would be a lot more posts out there. As mentioned I run another forum as a mod, in which I have 10695 posts. Though even there it's not to 'pimp' my stuff. I write reviews, help get events together for fan meets up, I talk random stuff, and share photos and memories from past events on that forum.

What I'm doing is sharing videos, which isn't really pimping stuff.. it's helping get information out there like the interviews. But it's no different than the "Youtube video topic" that is already here where people share videos. And so far you're the only one complaining.

A lot of my stuff I don't even come here to share as I do daily posts on my forums and website. And a lot of photos and stuff on facebook. I share a few things here or there, and sometimes I wait a few weeks so that's put into one post.

I talk TMNT everyday. I have a lot memorized. I have done TMNT events for over 20 years. I have met over 100 internet friends, many from here who talk to me through IM and facebook since I do better with one on one chats. I do not go around saying I'm better than any fan, because I do not believe fandom should be judged. But I do agree that I am a fan...

A legit fan, means someone who spends a lot of time working on doing stuff for the fandom and enjoys the medias of the fandom. It doesn't mean we have to be active on every message board out there. It doesn't mean we get judged by how much stuff we have or have done. It's all about being a part of the fandom. And I can say that I have been, I've spent lots of money on the fans themselves. Holding events, traveling to fan meet ups, and now putting together Cowabunga Corner... which I don't have to do, I'm doing it because I know there's fans that respect all the hard work put into it.

So if you want to try and say just because I'm not a chatty person, I'm not legit. You really got it backwards. I know a lot of big TMNT fans who are lurkers. Lurking does not make you any less of a fan.

Just curious... by attacking first the fact that you feel I'm not being called out (which by the way is the jobs of a Mod, should you be doing their job?) and now by attacking my 'house full of TMNT stuff', do you have a problem with me personally? Because I don't know you at all, or have any problems with you. Though ever since your first few replies here it's feel as if there's an attack going on. Even when I originally said that if the mods feel like this is breaking the rules they could delete the topic. If you got a problem with me, please PM me and maybe we can talk it out.

Samhain
05-13-2012, 07:08 PM
I could care less, point is this thread is against the rules. Simple as that. Don't think you're so important that I have a personal issue with you. I could care less about any of that stuff, but coming to this forum to just update your own blog/reviews is a little annoying and I'm not the only person on here that feels that way. Again, nothing personal.

People that are members here that come here for the sole purpose of selling their stuff, buying stuff, or for their own person crap (Blogs, reviews) are generally met with a negative response. I'm not trying to undermine the mods, but as a member here I don't think there is anything wrong with correcting another member when they break the rules or do something wrong. Just doing my part because I LOVE this forum.

But again, this thread should be locked because technically it is against the rules. Can't you agree? I mean, you have been here for 9 years. You should know the rules, right?:roll:

IveyAngelo
05-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Again, I don't totally agree that this kind of stuff should be seen as spam. And would not treat it as so in my own forum. So no, I do not agree. But if the mods feel it is, than they can lock it. It is their job and call. It's good you love a forum, though if anyone tries to do our job on my forum we PM them and let them know we'll handle what's going on.

And about sharing my project, one I do the Cowabunga Corner posts in the fan project area, which that is my fan project that I do for fellow fans. And two, it's not different than the Youtube topic. There seems to be a strong following from this page who do like the Cowabunga Corner posts, so unless I'm asked to stop by the mods I will keep sharing those for the people who like them.

Though the nice thing about message boards is if there is something you don't like, you can always ignore it. *shrug*

The only reason I asked about you having issues with me was because you brought up the 'house full of Turtle stuff' as your attack about me being called a legit fan. When in that post, she explains what she likes about my posts: "she is always on top sharing all the info that we probably would never obtain, she could only post it on her site..but she comes out of her way to get us involved , which I thank her for that ,since I really find all her stuff pretty informative and fun to watch". There was no mention of my collection, it was because the stuff is informative and fun to watch. So it was like you jumped subjects there.

And really, it's sad if people are met with negative responses. Sharing what is on the internet is a great thing. If there's something of interest for a group or community that is on topic and someone wants to share it. Where is the harm? If someone comes in here with a blog of their "My little Pony" collection and update, yes I would agree that is spamming. Esp if they update it daily on here with a new topic each day. This is not a "My Little Pony" forum. Though if someone comes on here with TMNT blogs and stuff, keeps it too a topic in the fan area, than they are not working at spamming they are sharing stuff of interest.

And if they stick around to discuss things with the members in that topic, reply to what people say to them. Than they are also taking an active role here.

As mentioned above, I don't really have time to take part in every message board online. I have one I am a mod at and post on, but even that is slow which I like since at least 60 to 70 percent of the year I'm traveling or doing events. I try to make time for different areas when I can. This forum is super big and the topics usually move very fast, I don't have time to read through all the pages to remain active in the topics that do hold my interest. It's great that the forum is this busy and I congrats Krang and Shredder for being able to keep it together as such a wonderful place for TMNT fans.

This is my first time posting a link that was not TMNT. I went to an Off Topic area, went to the art area and posted a topic about a drawing. Asking for support from people here who may want to help out. I did not feel like I was breaking the rule since I 1. knew it wasn't TMNT and didn't post it in a TMNT area, 2. It's about art. And most importantly I did not join this forum just to post this link. I've already been a member for 9 years, a lurking member, but a member.

If anything this may have more encouraged me to lurk more here. Seeing the type of response is negative on my first none TMNT post. Though I'm going to remain the same lurking level as I have been, since I know there are people who do enjoy what I bring for fellow fans.

By the way, the topic would of been dead by now if you did not reply. As you can see no one else is really talking here about the subject in which I first posted. Oh and the contest is over any how.

Samhain
05-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Again, I don't totally agree that this kind of stuff should be seen as spam.

If you have a facebook account please check out the link below and press the like button to vote. If you really like it, also press the share button to help spread the word!

''posting a link to a website, forum, or other online resource for the sole purpose of gaining visitors or members.''

Not sure why you would be confused. But like you said, it's doesn't matter anyways.

IveyAngelo
05-13-2012, 08:30 PM
lol - so you ignore all of my explanations. Yeah, doesn't matter. And I stand by what I said in my original posts... and I won't post off topic here again.

if any mod has a problem, let them do their job. *G*

Samhain
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
lol - so you ignore all of my explanations. Yeah, doesn't matter. And I stand by what I said in my original posts... and I won't post off topic here again.

if any mod has a problem, let them do their job. *G*

Just like you ignore the rules. Have fun lurking.

IveyAngelo
05-13-2012, 08:40 PM
heh one more, while we're discussing rules there's this nice one here:

11. Decisions made by administrators and moderators are generally final. However, if you disagree with a decision that affects you directly, you're free to discuss it with an administrator or moderator via PM or email. Please don't post complaints about any decisions on the forums, though.

Which means at least the administrators and moderators are kind enough to listen to people on why they feel certain ways. And I know if it was a mod that came here to close this topic, I wouldn't have said much at all about it. No biggie.

Stingray69
05-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Just like you ignore the rules. Have fun lurking.

Dude if you have that big of a issue with it, why not tell a mod to look into it? That way if there's a problem or not we all know. But really what's the differences of all the guys pimping there sites in there sig?

Samhain
05-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Dude if you have that big of a issue with it, why not tell a mod to look into it? That way if there's a problem or not we all know. But really what's the differences of all the guys pimping there sites in there sig?

There is a difference to being an active member of this forum, who happens to run a blog that might be linked in their sig and being a member who only comes here to let us know about those updates and then leaves.

Stingray69
05-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Rule #3 -Spam of any kind is not allowed. This includes posting useless or excessively short posts just to increase your rank or post count, blatant advertising (posting a link to a website, forum, or other online resource for the sole purpose of gaining visitors or members), cross posting (starting the same thread in more than one forum), and double posting (posting twice or more in a row in the same thread unless at least one of the posts is close to the character limit or contains a relevant quote of another member with a relevant response (i.e. more than one sentence), or unless the posts were made hours apart).

It says blatant advertising, so does that really apply here?

Grimlock
05-14-2012, 11:02 AM
See, this is one of the problems I have with this forum. Samhain, you're a fool. Does any of this really affect you and you experience with this forum? Man, leave this chick alone. She is providing content for FREE. For her love and passion of the fandom.

Peanut
05-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Dude, I totally felt you before, but now you just sound like the biggest b*tch on the planet.

05-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Sorry, but Samhain is right. No advertising allowed.