PDA

View Full Version : TMNT & Other Strangeness

thechris
05-16-2012, 03:32 AM
Big TMNT fan here and I'm arranging a campaign of TMNT & Other Strangeness online. It's not Play By Post, I'll be using a chat. If anyone's interested in participating, shoot me a PM. :tgrin:

Some details:

1. I'll be running the Palladium Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness game from the 1980s!
2. I'll be running fun modules straight out of the supplements that came with this fun filled game! The game takes place in modern time but has plenty of sci-fi twists and time travel is always a possibility!
3. Looking for at least 4 players, maximum 8, please post availability
4. Play medium is obviously online, probably via a chat I'm setting up. We may be using little pixel art 8/16-bit style sprites for avatars!
5. Character starting status will be level 1.
6. All starting stats and funds will be randomly generated by dice rolls as per the rulebook. Some restrictions may apply.
7. No restrictions on classes as there is no real defined class in this game, however you are able to choose occupations that fit your character.
8. You'll be playing mutant animal characters like our famous green friends. There are no restrictions except that I prefer that everyone plays their real life gender, I will also be following the book's suggestion that everyone rolls a random animal.
9. Attributes and ability scores will be rolled randomly according to the rulebook.
10. The game does have alignments, I would have to say that everyone has to play good aligned characters. No evil characters, just makes it too difficult and past experience has shown that this just causes arguments.
11. ...
12. If we end up using Maptools, we'll use the dice functions in that game, otherwise I can make a simple browser based one.
13. I won't be using any homebrewed rules, as far as I know.
14. Character backgrounds would be great, but I would suggest you finish rolling your characters first as this would randomly generate your current disposition/animal type/predicament. Everything else is up to you.
15. This game will be a good balance of role-playing and hack and slash so be prepared for both.
16. All players will be using the TMNT & Other Strangeness Ruleset and Supplements. In your best interest, you should not read the story elements/modules so not to spoil any surprises. If you don't have the books, no problem. You can still play and I'll give you a primer on rules.

That's about it, guys. Let me know. :tsmile:

thechris
05-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Hey guys, first game is this Tuesday, May 22 at 6:00 PM Eastern Time. PM me if you're interested before then and I'll help you set up your character. Hope to see you there! :tgrin:

thechris
05-24-2012, 04:43 AM
First game came and went on Tuesday, May 22. It was a great time. Thank you to everyone who participated. See you guys at the next game of which the date is to be announced. :tsmile:

thechris
05-31-2012, 12:29 AM
Next game is on June 1st, 2012 at 6:00 PM Eastern Time. See you guys there. :tgrin:

Jade Green
06-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I've done TMNT & Other Strangeness and I like the game, but I like After the Bomb more and I don't know how well I'd in a chat rpg like that.

thechris
06-03-2012, 10:19 AM
I've done TMNT & Other Strangeness and I like the game, but I like After the Bomb more and I don't know how well I'd in a chat rpg like that.

Sorry what? :tlol:

The game on June 1st, 2012 was great fun. Thank you very much to everybody who participated. See you at the next game for which the date and time is still to be announced. :tgrin:

Current Main Party Roster:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/thattherechris/tmntgame.png
Sam / Boris / Copper / McGruff / Galen / Shilo / Sparky / Skitch

Jade Green
06-11-2012, 10:48 PM
How well I'd DO in a chat rpg...

thechris
06-12-2012, 02:17 AM
How well I'd DO in a chat rpg...

I imagine you'd have a grand ol' time. It's no different from playing it any other way except that we don't actually see each other face to face. :tlol: