PDA

View Full Version : New Ninja Turtles Blu Ray Triple Pack.

rufus
06-05-2012, 10:55 AM
WB has discontinued the 25th Pizza Box Blu Ray set and has now released TMNT 1,2,3 in a triple pack for $14.99.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=201138&page=3

The disc artwork for the Triple pack is The Pizza's that were used for the Pizza Box set.

TMNT Blu Ray Triple Pack will hit storewide November 13. Currently a Walmart only title

TMNT films 1-3 to be released individially Dec 18.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Blu-ray/30593/

pannoni1
06-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Wow, I'm checking eBay, and the outgoing set is now bidding in the $65-$75 range, about double for what it was going for just a year ago! Still, it's a nice more economical way to enjoy on Blu-Ray, where you can buy the CGI movie alone for around $7 on eBay/Amazon, making this package a very reasonable value.

I should have cornered this deal though:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?p=894294

gobo
06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Shell yes! ^_^ Never saw that pizza box with the unwanted bonuses go for less than $40, and it was a serious pain trying to store. Just too bad this means there's virtually no chance of a special edition for movie #1. :tcry:

rufus
06-05-2012, 12:37 PM
If the New turtles cartoon and movie explode there maybe a slim chance that WB will wise up and do a special edition.

screwloose
06-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Just picked up the new triple pack at wal-mart and couldn't be happeier $15 is a much more reasonable price for me.

Archon_Turtle
09-08-2012, 11:31 PM
It's good or bad news (depending on your point of view) for the completionist comic collectors since the pizza box set contained a printing of the first movie comic that is exclusive to the set.

sgtfbomb
09-09-2012, 04:43 PM
It's good or bad news (depending on your point of view) for the completionist comic collectors since the pizza box set contained a printing of the first movie comic that is exclusive to the set.

That was about the only collectable of worth in the set, unless you planned on wearing the beanie. The collectable cards/bios that came with the set were a bit cheesy, using photoshopped images from the third film.

I liked the look of box set, but I'm a bit picky about disc storage. I don't like to take out another disc to get to the disc I want to watch (like the TMNT set) or have to fidget or slide a disc out (like on the Star Wars and Alien box sets). In that regard, it wasn't completely practical, so I just took a pair of Two Disc blu ray cases, and popped the discs in and both cases fit snugly with the comic and the cards.

If they do ever make a US special edition release of the first film (if not the sequels, as well)-- and I hope they do-- I hope they finally use the original "sewer lid" poster. And, you gotta have those workprint scenes!

rufus
09-14-2012, 03:27 PM
WB really needs to do a special edition. TMNT is hot right now and it looks like they are going to release a single edition of the first film on Blu Ray Dec 18 and most likely bare bones.

Floyd91
09-23-2012, 10:33 PM
It'll be nice to add these to the bluray collection. Already got a movie and pizza marathon planned with the wife.

dkram230
10-25-2012, 09:12 AM
Is it worth getting the Blu-Rays if someone already has the DVD's (i/e is there enough of a difference in picture quality to justify it)?

I'm a bit of an audiophile/videophile and my response to people who ask this question is usually that it depends on your screen size. If you're using a 32 inch screen, the difference between DVD vs. Blu Ray quality is going to be negligible, especially if your DVD player upscales. The difference is there in a side by side comparison. But I personally don't notice a significant improvement in picture quality until around the 46-50 inch range (the more you blow up a 480p signal the more is degrades). So my advice, assuming you already own the DVD's, is that I wouldn't bother re-buying the set unless your TV is around 50 inches or above. That being said, if you don't already own the set, go with Blu-Ray over DVD regardless to future proof your collection.

TheCanadiandrome
10-25-2012, 10:56 PM
I just owned the VHS set myself which is why I bought the Blu Ray set

psych23232323
10-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Is it worth getting the Blu-Rays if someone already has the DVD's (i/e is there enough of a difference in picture quality to justify it)?

It is if the Blu-Ray had deleted scenes.

chrisdude
10-27-2012, 08:44 AM
It is if the Blu-Ray had deleted scenes.Does it?

Typically, Idon't care about deleted scenes, because I don't consider them canon. But for these movies, I'd be curious to see.

This is probably a good option for me. I repurchased TMNT on Blu-ray as soon as I got a player. But I still have the originals on DVD. In fact, the first movie is in the old school carboard case that still says "Action" on the spine :lol:

gobo
10-28-2012, 03:10 AM
Does it?

Typically, Idon't care about deleted scenes, because I don't consider them canon. But for these movies, I'd be curious to see.
Nope. I'm sure they're just reprints of the 2009 bluray boxset's first three discs. IIRC, they were so quickly tossed together that they didn't even have menus. You put the disc in the player, and it auto-starts the movie.