PDA

View Full Version : Happy 50 Years To Beatles,Beach Boys, and Rolling Stones!

MikeandRaph87
06-18-2012, 06:56 AM
I may be half the age of these bands but I love these three bands more than any of any time. So many hits and memorable events with each group. Some of them have passed on while some still entertain us to this day. Its an amazing feat to reach 50 and to still inspire generation after generation and success live beyond the bands themselves. Happy 50th to the Fab Four,America's Band, and The Stones! May their music live on another 50 years!

pannoni1
06-18-2012, 07:13 AM
I just love oldies and classic rock/hits ('60s-'80s music in particular), as it signifies how great the Baby Boomers had it with their music. I have a huge vinyl collection and these groups are included. I almost decided to go see the Beach Boys on Friday at Merriweather Post Pavillion, but I felt that interrupting my 4kids TMNT marathon along with going alone just didn't quite feel right. Sadly where I live, their music is all but gone from the radio, as I live in an area with a lame classic hits station (same 300 songs) and '60s music is pretty much gone on the radio, meaning I need to use XM/Sirius or Satellite radio to hear them, as their core audience has become too old to attract advertisers unfortunately. It shows that good music can be made without relying too much on 1's and 0's and repetitive beats and rappers. Unfortunately, I just can't stand much of today's pulsating music and rap crap, plus I don't think singers have as good of a vocal talent as they once did. Rhianna and Chris Brown will go the way of Debbie Gibson and Bobby Brown in a couple decades, being just a footnote/guilty pleasure for their core audience for awhile before disappearing into the history books. But their music will live on forever, and will always be "home" to me and my parents.

MikeandRaph87
06-18-2012, 07:37 AM
You skipped a Beach Boys concert for your marathon? :teek: I coincidentially am doing my own 2003 cartoon marathon and am up to Headlock Prime roughly 5 weeks in. You could have done both you know!:trazz:

The acts today just don't give me the peace of mind and enjoyment that the 60s'-80s' give me either.Especially the 15 gentleman that I am honoring with this thread.

Paul McCartney, my favorite musician turns 70 today.

aj66fauqzCI&feature=g-all-s

This is a clip show of the one I went to a couple of months ago. Its not my video but its about six rows in front from where I was.
QmLS8pjHafI

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
07-13-2012, 09:04 AM
The Beatles are older than that. Starting in 1957 or something.