PDA

View Full Version : Buy a gamecube, or no?

SlayerX
05-14-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm in a tough spot. I have the money to buy a Game Cube, but there isn't really alot for it that I would want. I would want the new Mario Kart game for sure (thats one of the only reasons i want one in the first place), but what other good games are there? I dont want to buy a freakin system, and buy only one game :| I would wait til it came to PS2, but the chance of that happening is 0%, since Mario is a nintendo character :( I already have a PS2, and N64 that I play frequently. If Mario Kart came to PS2 i wouldnt buy a gamecube or even think about it, but I dno. I could buy used games I guess, or 'lots' off of eBay, and get the games cheaper than buying brand new. So yea, could someone tell me more GameCube games that are good, and give me more of a reason to buy it? (Other than TMNT, depending which looks better ill buy it for PS2, or if I get a gamecube then ill buy it for GameCube) Thanks :D

If you want to see the article (I recommend you do) go to http://cube.ign.com/articles/402/402170p1.html

Kid Icarus
05-14-2003, 05:17 PM
EDIT: Mario Kart will NEVER be on PS2. EVER. Its a game made by Nintendo for their systems.

Get a 'Cube. LOTS of really good games are comming out really soon (with in the next year).

Also, you can get ZELDA for free when you buy one, or Metroid Prime (ignore those other 2 games the offer. trust me on that :lol: .)

You'll also get more final fantasy games, more megaman, the main resident evil.... theres a lot.

and if you can afford it, pick up a WaveBird :wink: .

impetus
05-14-2003, 05:28 PM
what he said.

And yeah, there are some good games. If you can afford a PS2, I thin it's a better buy b/c of the huge library of games. But that's just me. :lol:

Raven
05-14-2003, 05:52 PM
ive learned that if you just want one thing from it wait and think real hard is it worth it will I gain any thing out of it? or just see if your friends own a gamecube and ask if you can use it and just buy the game...

Peanut
05-14-2003, 06:39 PM
It depends. Nintendo had a terrible showing at E3 this year. If the only game you want on GC is Mario Kart then I say no. The reason is if you're only thinking of buying a Nintendo console now because of Mario Kart and not because of Zelda, Metroid, SSB, Mario, on and on, then you really shouldn't even think about it.

Tokka-B
05-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Yea, don't bother, just wait for a new system and jump in then...I don't want to see you waste your money for one game, and that has happened to some of my friends with Halo, and they were depressed, I don't want to hear about any more depressions...There is such a large selection for PS2 it would be surprising if you don't buy a bunch of games by the end of this year.

Tetsu Deinonychus
05-14-2003, 07:23 PM
It depends on what you play and any loyalties you may have to the companys. If you can't decide what console you want just wait a few more months and see what else comes out. Mario Kart (and any other game you want) will still be there and you'd be able to get them cheaper buying used copies at Funcoland and other such stores.

Kid Icarus
05-14-2003, 08:45 PM
It depends. Nintendo had a terrible showing at E3 this year. If the only game you want on GC is Mario Kart then I say no. The reason is if you're only thinking of buying a Nintendo console now because of Mario Kart and not because of Zelda, Metroid, SSB, Mario, on and on, then you really shouldn't even think about it.

Strange, I thought Nintendo had a pretty decent showing... Final Fantasy, MGS:TS, 2 Zeldas, 3 Pokemon, 2 Marios, Fire Emblem, RE4 (at the press release), Viewtiful Joe, 2 Metroids, and a few other random games... and theirs still a couple days of the show left; keep in mind Nintendo is known for their supprises.

back on subject though, It would pry be a good idea to wait for the next gen consoles. I'm guessing they'll all be backwards compatable and have cool extras.

Reznorite420
05-14-2003, 08:51 PM
"Tough spot"? I should slap you for even wanting to buy a console, PERIOD! :lol:

Peanut
05-14-2003, 09:07 PM
I said NINTENDO. Nintendo isn't FF or MGS. All of the mario games are looking fine but...it's no Super Mario Bros sequel. Both Zelda's look like crap. All 3 PKMN look like crap. I don't enjoy RE type games. Viewtiful Joe looks interesting. I was really expecting something big though. A new Smash Bros or AC2 or SOMETHING large scale. There wasn't really any big intrests this year. Which is a shame because I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy.

Kid Icarus
05-14-2003, 09:14 PM
I said NINTENDO. Nintendo isn't FF or MGS. All of the mario games are looking fine but...it's no Super Mario Bros sequel. Both Zelda's look like crap. All 3 PKMN look like crap. I don't enjoy RE type games. Viewtiful Joe looks interesting. I was really expecting something big though. A new Smash Bros or AC2 or SOMETHING large scale. There wasn't really any big intrests this year. Which is a shame because I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy.

MGS is being developed by Silicon Knights though, with Konami and Nintendo supervising... should be interesting to see how it turns out. FF was raised on Nintendo... but your are right, neither of those are fully nintendo.

Shiggy was supposedly going to release a new type of game this year, or at least thats what's been said. Anyway, Nintendo fanboys shoulden't fight lol. Next year should be cool, with them hopefully releasing info on the new systems and what not... which is why triceraton should wait.

at least they have a cool lookin' booth this year, instead of banners of the mascots :lol: .

Peanut
05-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Oh true! I forgot about Silicon Knights doing the work. Sorry about that. Well I'm hoping they'll reveal at least a little something big within the next 2 days. I've been praying every night this week!

Pepzi
05-15-2003, 03:22 AM
meh why not, gamecubes aint to bad besides at least you can play mario

GK Punk
05-15-2003, 03:36 AM
Here's some of the games, Ive bought (Or friend bought me) That I seem to enjoy, Aggrisive Inline, Tony Hawk series (notice a pattern yet?) Zelda, Metroid Prime, the Sonic series, PSO, Smash Bros... plus there is Mario Kart coming out F Zero.. lots of good stuff I think...

SlayerX
05-15-2003, 06:52 AM
Well I did some looking around for more GameCube games I want that are out, and to be out by christmas, and heres what I found:

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Mario Tennis GC
Super Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Wario World

Depending on how alot of those look, and if there is another sequel for some older ones (SSBM) I'll probably get those. What do you all think? Sports and RPG's I want to try to keep for my PS2, but these funner (thats now a word ;) ) games like golf and that only available to nintendo i'd get on gamecube. It looks like I will be buying one after all :P One thing I could do is buy 'lots' off of ebay, and then get a ton of games, mainly the ones I want. Then im not paying like (i dno how much gamecube games go for) $50 per game.

Karpo_007
05-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Depends on what you like. If you like the typical Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda or Resident evil series You should buy one. It has also the fastest loading times, and isn't that expensive. I have bot, GC and PS2+ a Powerfull PC, And I play with all of them whan I find the time. But the summer is coming, consoles will probably be gathering dust...

impetus
05-15-2003, 09:26 AM
triceraton I think you just answered your own question - basically all of those are nintendo exclusive (all Mario and Zelda)

RomStom
05-15-2003, 09:46 AM
ANIMAL CROSSING!

It's such a strange game, but so so addictive. If you have a GC, you must get animal crossing!

Deepflame
05-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Well I did some looking around for more GameCube games I want that are out, and to be out by christmas, and heres what I found:

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Mario Tennis GC
Super Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Wario World

The Wind Waker is marvelous, and it gains an incredible amount of value if you've cleared OoT.
Be careful with Sunshine, it isn't a compeltely safe bet, as I've experienced...
SSBM is great, yeh.
Blah, Karpo da man makes excellent point in his reply. It all depends on what you like, and if you know what you like.

Karpo_007
05-15-2003, 11:45 AM
I started playing Wind Waker yesterday, Seems like a good game, but I liked Ocarina of Time's realistic look better.

Peanut
05-15-2003, 12:41 PM
I think the look of WW is MUCH better. Much more expression. Plus it goes well with the feeling of the game through out. I'm hoping on a more realistc look for the newest one but Mr.Shiggy said probably the same look since it's a direct sequel to WW.

Karpo_007
05-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Yes, it does suit the game's feel, but I liked Ocarina better there to. It is a good game, but feels like disney movie. Best Zelda game of all times is without doubt A Link to the Past.

Tokka-B
05-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey, don't be dissing the Disney movies.

Karpo_007
05-16-2003, 05:14 AM
:lol: