PDA

View Full Version : Keychain Figures

tmntpower2003
05-17-2003, 06:50 AM
I saw the key chain figures at Hot Topic today and they are awsome, they even have the colored tape on their weapons. I was thinking about getting them but I wanted to know if you could some how get the figs off their base, becuase I wan't to use them as little figures. Also are the keychain figs bigger or smaller than the mini figs?

That Matt Guy
05-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Hot Topic? ugghh :dead: They probably wanted $20 for it.

Brodie
05-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Anyone have pictures of them?

The Defibrillator
05-17-2003, 06:22 PM
sweet, I'm going to Hot Topic tomorrow!

MzTheInsomniac
05-17-2003, 06:54 PM
hot topic is gay, they charge 20 bucks for a norma jean cd that i could buy for 10 bucks at a show screw hot topic, all they are, are people who think they are hot sh7t

Kid Icarus
05-17-2003, 07:12 PM
hot topic is gay, they charge 20 bucks for a norma jean cd that i could buy for 10 bucks at a show screw hot topic, all they are, are people who think they are hot sh7t

if you can get it for 10 somewhere else, then get it there and tell HT to lower their price.

the one here isn't very expensive... infact theirs a store right next to it that charges a buck to ten bucks more of the same shirts that are in hot topic.

do the keychain figs look like the mini figs, or are they based off the new design from the cartoon?

MikeA
05-17-2003, 07:33 PM

Hey, seriously, could you not use the word GAY in a derogatory fasion. One of my best friends is homosexual, and I have come to realize it's best to stay away from using the word gay to describe something as stupid, lame, ect.

I realize that I truly have no power over you, but I hope that the mods support me on this. I would like to think these forums welcome all, but when someone uses a word such as this, it could send the wrong message to some people...including myself. :(

Brodie
05-17-2003, 08:21 PM
So that's "No" on the pictures?

That Matt Guy
05-18-2003, 05:00 AM

I totally agree with you one this. I hate those stupid people that work there too, those stupid Goths and Punk wannabes.

MzTheInsomniac
05-18-2003, 09:05 AM
punk isnt a style or a way of life, its music thats it, people at my school are like" i wanna be "punk", so i must go to hot topic and buy those gay shirts with stpid sayings on them"

Brodie
05-18-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah. The Ninja Monkey crap. Well, I'm gontent with my logo shirts from the 80's. Hell, I'm content with my Goonies shirt.

Kali
05-18-2003, 01:13 PM
First off, we DO frown on using "gay" as a derogatory term on these boards. If you don't like Hot Topic, simply don't shop there. I window shop there, but I'm certainly not into that whole scene. The music they play there hurts my ears and they rarely have anything good that's worth the money, and I had a bad ear piercing experience there. (Girl was shakin' in her boots holding the gun to my head. :roll: That was a lesson learned.)

As for pictures, I *have* seen pictures, I just can't seem to get to where I found them. But they looked cool, and the price on the scan said $5.99. Not sure how good the quality is, though. There's supposed to be little controls so you can twist the figure and have it "attack" it's little training dummy. They're based off the new cartoon, no doubt.

TMNTGal
05-18-2003, 11:07 PM
Here's a photo of all 4 Key Chains.

http://home.earthlink.net/~leosgal/PHOTOS/KeyChains.jpg

That Matt Guy
05-19-2003, 04:59 AM
First off, we DO frown on using "gay" as a derogatory term on these boards.

I find it kind of funny that people on here can say how much they hate America, or they want Bush killed or mock peoples religions. But if someone says "gay" the whole board flips out.

GK Punk
05-19-2003, 05:01 AM

I find it kind of funny that people on here can say how much they hate America, or they want Bush killed or mock peoples religions. But if someone says "gay" the whole board flips out.

Umm.. lots of those conversations get locked actually.

That Matt Guy
05-19-2003, 05:04 AM

The religion ones do, but scroll back in the General Discussion and read some of the BS Donatello02 was allowed to say.

GK Punk
05-19-2003, 05:06 AM
Ok... that's it...

Heh You've got a point ^^

(What, did you think I was going to throw down with the master of Lowel-fu?)

MikeA
05-19-2003, 03:23 PM

Ummm...first off, I have no idea about the political or religious stuff, that's a job for the mods. However, it's not that someone just said "gay", it's the way in which it was used. I don't care if it's not offensive to you, IT IS EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE TO ME!! You are attacking someone's social identity when you use "gay" as a deragatory term.

Shellfox
05-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the pics TMNTGal

Brodie
05-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Those do look cool. Shelfworthy. Too bulky for my keychain, hell, that only has a house key and my TMNT Movie promo keychain.

Kid Icarus
05-19-2003, 04:29 PM
On topic: Those key chains look kinda cool... but for 6 bucks... ouch.

Off topic:

The religion ones do, but scroll back in the General Discussion and read some of the BS Donatello02 was allowed to say.

And what if i was to say a lot of stuff you say is BS? Does that mean the mods should make you change the Republic of Texas in your location? However this isn't the place for this discussion, and I know it's not going to change anything. I seem to remember you calling Reznorite a "whinely liberal bastard".

As for the 'gay' comments, that is really screwed up. I woulden't go around calling rap a '******' thing (please excuse me on that, but its a good example), so please don't use 'gay' as a put down. After all, I bet there are a few homosexuals on this board, and you would pry be supprised as to who they are.

That Matt Guy
05-19-2003, 05:22 PM
I really don't care anymore about the gay thing. But man, look at those keychains.

GK Punk
05-19-2003, 06:30 PM

I'm not even going to get started on this...

Anyways... The Keychains look cool, But I would be afraid to use them. I'd be afraid of breaking one when taking it out of my pocket or something

Kali
05-19-2003, 09:50 PM
I know, those keychains look so cool. I wouldn't actually use one as a keychain, but I think they would make cool little figurines.

GK Punk
05-19-2003, 10:38 PM
I know, those keychains look so cool. I wouldn't actually use one as a keychain, but I think they would make cool little figurines.

Exactly, I have the Escaflowne the movie keychains tacked to a book shelf I have, I would probably do the same with the TMNT ones...

Shadow
05-23-2003, 09:32 PM
yeah so this answers my question!
i was waiting for these to come out!!!!
I have an old raphie one on my keys now.

anyone know how much they are?

Meira-Bates
05-24-2003, 08:22 AM
Dude...now I have something else to search for so I can try to get my gruby little hands on it. Maybe I'll be lucky and find some of them at the exchange or the Walmart that I'll be going to today....heck maybe Rhinos will have them. That Rhinos always has cool, little known about figs and anime sound tracks.

Knuckles
05-31-2003, 08:39 AM
I found them at a New England-based chain of stores called Newbury Comics, which sells CDs, comics, and all sorts of retro and gen X stuff. They cost $4.99, (got the Raph one, of course). They're pretty cool--smaller than the mini-figs, (which I also picked up that day) and completely new sculpts based directly on the cartoon style. I like the action feature too--but I lost the dummy soon after opening it, cuz Raph whacked it a little too hard. :P My question though, is do they count as figures or figurines? Because if they do, then doesn't Playmates have the exclusive rights to produce TMNT figures of any size? The keychains are made by Basic Fun. The company also makes a huge array of keychain-type things for other licenses, like MOTU and The Simpsons. If they managed to get the license, then shouldn't something like Hero Clix be able to? I read a post somewhere here which had official word that they might not be able to, because Playmates had the rights.

Shadow
05-31-2003, 08:39 PM
I found them at a New England-based chain of stores called Newbury Comics, which sells CDs, comics, and all sorts of retro and gen X stuff. They cost $4.99, (got the Raph one, of course). They're pretty cool--smaller than the mini-figs, (which I also picked up that day) and completely new sculpts based directly on the cartoon style. I like the action feature too--but I lost the dummy soon after opening it, cuz Raph whacked it a little too hard. :P My question though, is do they count as figures or figurines? Because if they do, then doesn't Playmates have the exclusive rights to produce TMNT figures of any size? The keychains are made by Basic Fun. The company also makes a huge array of keychain-type things for other licenses, like MOTU and The Simpsons. If they managed to get the license, then shouldn't something like Hero Clix be able to? I read a post somewhere here which had official word that they might not be able to, because Playmates had the rights.

okay, i looked at the packaging from my first wave 80's key chain (which yes is on my keys thank you!!!) and it wasn't licenced by playmates...but surge?? So maybe playmates just doesn't do keychains??!! That's my take.

Vroomkid
05-31-2003, 09:14 PM

Now there's my shot to build up a massive Foot Ninja clan if they ever produce them as little figurines. Needless to say, I think it would be a cool concept...but perhaps the prices should go down a notch. :P

azure turtle
06-01-2003, 01:54 PM
I heard that the new key chains are being sold at Hot Topic. Gah... I need to find a way to visit the closest store. :tgrumble:

Nturtle
06-01-2003, 02:00 PM
heh, I have an old Leo key chain, my Bro wanted to abandon it in Yosemite park, but I convinced him not to :P

azure turtle
06-01-2003, 02:18 PM
heh, I have an old Leo key chain, my Bro wanted to abandon it in Yosemite park, but I convinced him not to :P
Wha?? Why would he want to abandon it in Yosemite? The furry woodland creatures might've eaten poor Leo! :teek: