PDA

View Full Version : Personal photo done?

mikey22
08-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Hey guys

What is the step by step process in getting a personal photo done by an artist?

I know prices will vary with time, labor, and how much is required to be drawn.

Are there any estimates you can ballpark it?

I was thinking of getting a MIKEN IT UP theme painting with myself and michaelangelo just chillin out playing poker at a poker table with pizza in the background and maybe the other tmnt elsewhere.

Any recommendations suggestions, pm or post here.

thanks!

Plasticplayhouse
08-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Hey guys

What is the step by step process in getting a personal photo done by an artist?

I know prices will vary with time, labor, and how much is required to be drawn.

Are there any estimates you can ballpark it?

I was thinking of getting a MIKEN IT UP theme painting with myself and michaelangelo just chillin out playing poker at a poker table with pizza in the background and maybe the other tmnt elsewhere.

Any recommendations suggestions, pm or post here.

thanks!

if you're talking about commissioning an actual piece of art from a legit TMNT artist, you're talking about BIG money. especially if you want a painting.

off the top of my head, the only TMNT artist's that would probably even consider taking a commissioned painting that large might be Jim Lawson, Mark Martin, Dan Berger (dont know if he paints, but he does color with marker), Steve Lavigne, and maybe...if you've got enough money, Michael Zulli.

lawson and berger would be most willing and cost effective. for four turtles and a caricature of yourself, painted/colored, i'm estimating about $300-350. Mark Martin and Steve Lavigne are usually willing to accept larger commissions too...though probably closer to $500-600. Zulli...$1000-2000 easy. though if he did agree to that commission, i seriously doubt there will be any pizza munching involved. it would be a lot more serious and you'd be lucky to get the four turtles and a background. i'd have commissioned him myself, but at a grand minimum, i just cant afford it.

now there are any number of extremely talented artists on Deviant Art that will accommodate your request for a better price, you just gotta do the leg work to select one and work out a deal.