PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any hockey lovers in the house??

mysterycolor
08-28-2012, 08:36 PM
starting in the fall and lasting til spring i live and breath hockey- my home team is the Pittsburgh Penguins and i never miss watching a game :) other teams i enjoy, Boston Bruins & St Louis Blues...just not when they play the pens.

i am hoping that there are some other fans on the drome so that we can compare notes this season.

Shreddhead
08-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Huuuuge hockey nut, and you know i'm a Penguins fan (just look at my profile pic). All i have to say is that there had better not be a lockout this year.

mysterycolor
08-28-2012, 08:50 PM
♥ the pic shreddhead! if there is a lockout i will go bananas... last time we went a year without hockey i was a very unhappy girl.

tmnt transformer
08-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh yea.... HUGE HOCKEY LOVER!!!!! That's me........... My teams are the Chicago Blackhawks, Boston Bruins......anyone that is not nashville or Winnapeg.

tmnt transformer
08-28-2012, 09:10 PM
if there is a lockout i will go bananas... last time we went a year without hockey i was a very unhappy girl.

I guess that's why we have hockey video games.

Scud
08-29-2012, 07:58 AM
HOCKEY!!!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Being that I live in Ottawa you can guess who I cheer for. Got my season tickets in the mail last night. Better not be a lock out.
I was a Montreal Canadians fan, because me father was. Some of my earliest memories are of Dad, Grandpa and I getting on a bus to Montreal, scalping some tickets to see a game and then busing back that night.
Grandpa was a Boston Bruins fan, and I have much respect for them.

I not only watch, but play rec hockey weekly with friends and on a team at work. My son Justin (6) will be starting his first year playing this year, and i will be an assistant coach for his team.

Oh yea.... HUGE HOCKEY LOVER!!!!! That's me........... My teams are the Chicago Blackhawks, Boston Bruins......anyone that is not nashville or Winnapeg.

That's Winnipeg. Although not a fan, so glad to see them the Jets back.

BTW did you know Goaltender Brian Elliot with the St. Louis Blues has Casey on his Mask
http://guycodeblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/brian-elliot.jpg

~S~

Lance_Steele
08-29-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm also a hockey fan.

Been a fan of The Red Wings(Hockey Town, Baby!) since I was 9.

Too bad I never had the opportunity to play the game.

I was also a fan of the now defunct Muskegon Fury of the UHL.

I haven't seen Hockey in awhile since I was living in Germany. But now since I'm back in the states I would love to see Detroit play again.

pannoni1
08-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Despite never actually being to a single NHL game my entire life, I'm a high follower of hockey, which began when I would play EA's NHL 93 on the Genesis, in particular playing the 1991-92 Chicago Blackhawks team. I like how there are so many different penalties and line changes. Let's not forget all of the body checks, pokes, glass breaks, and fights. Of course I'm now a Washington Capitals fan, home of Alexander Ovechkin and Nicholas Backstrom and have been one of the better teams as of late despite never making the Stanley Cup finals since 1998.

Lance_Steele
08-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Despite never actually being to a single NHL game my entire life, I'm a high follower of hockey, which began when I would play EA's NHL 93 on the Genesis, in particular playing the 1991-92 Chicago Blackhawks team. I like how there are so many different penalties and line changes. Let's not forget all of the body checks, pokes, glass breaks, and fights. Of course I'm now a Washington Capitals fan, home of Alexander Ovechkin and Nicholas Backstrom and have been one of the better teams as of late despite never making the Stanley Cup finals since 1998.

I had NHL '93 too for the Genesis.

Awesome game.

Shreddhead
08-29-2012, 09:48 AM
HOCKEY!!!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Being that I live in Ottawa you can guess who I cheer for. Got my season tickets in the mail last night. Better not be a lock out.
I was a Montreal Canadians fan, because me father was. Some of my earliest memories are of Dad, Grandpa and I getting on a bus to Montreal, scalping some tickets to see a game and then busing back that night.
Grandpa was a Boston Bruins fan, and I have much respect for them.
~S~

Thats awesome. Some of my earliest memories are of Buffalo Sabres games with my mom and dad. Apparently I would occasionally cheer "Buffalo Bills!" But i was like 3 or 4 yrs old X)

Despite never actually being to a single NHL game my entire life, I'm a high follower of hockey, which began when I would play EA's NHL 93 on the Genesis, in particular playing the 1991-92 Chicago Blackhawks team. I like how there are so many different penalties and line changes. Let's not forget all of the body checks, pokes, glass breaks, and fights.

NHL 94 on the Genesis is still my all time favorite hockey video game, and ive played em all. If only it had 93's fighting!

"Y'know, it's not so much me as Roenick; he's good."
owk4S0GGDbU

Scud
08-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Thats awesome. Some of my earliest memories are of Buffalo Sabres games with my mom and dad. Apparently I would occasionally cheer "Buffalo Bills!" But i was like 3 or 4 yrs old X)

LOL. At that age we all just get swept up in the thrill of the game.

NHL 94 on the Genesis is still my all time favorite hockey video game, and ive played em all. If only it had 93's fighting!

I never owned a Genesis, but my friend Matt did. We played NHL 94 all the time.

~S~

mysterycolor
08-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Of course I'm now a Washington Capitals fan. LOL how unfortunate for you :trazz:

One of my favorite things to do is watch the Pens play on enemy ice (yes, i am that loud mouth out of towner you hate!) i have seen them play the capitals, islanders, rangers, blue jackets, red wings (sc finals!), sabres, maple leafs, flyers (playoffs!) and hopefully i will add to that list this year.

The Islanders game I attended, which i thought would be boring and awful, turned out to be the brawl of the season- when Haley attacked Johnson and basically every glove was on the ice!

I was also at the Winter Classic game, Pens v. Caps- an amazing experience despite Crosby getting injured.

Look forward to speaking to more of you during the season- glad to see some hockey loving dromers!!!

Scud
08-30-2012, 01:18 PM
LOL how unfortunate for you :trazz:

One of my favorite things to do is watch the Pens play on enemy ice (yes, i am that loud mouth out of towner you hate!) i have seen them play the capitals, islanders, rangers, blue jackets, red wings (sc finals!), sabres, maple leafs, flyers (playoffs!) and hopefully i will add to that list this year.

The Islanders game I attended, which i thought would be boring and awful, turned out to be the brawl of the season- when Haley attacked Johnson and basically every glove was on the ice!

I was also at the Winter Classic game, Pens v. Caps- an amazing experience despite Crosby getting injured.

Look forward to speaking to more of you during the season- glad to see some hockey loving dromers!!!

Hey MC,

I was wondering about your thoughts on the Sutter/Stall trade. Personally I think the pens came out better on the deal. You?

~S~

mysterycolor
08-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Hey MC,

I was wondering about your thoughts on the Sutter/Stall trade. Personally I think the pens came out better on the deal. You?

~S~
it didnt bother me. Stall is a great player and a great guy and hasnt had a chance to shine on the Pens- i also like Sutter's style and look forward to seeing how he works with the team.

Shreddhead
08-30-2012, 02:46 PM
^No surprise to see Staal go. He's been talking about it for at least a whole season now. Not easy to show that youre a number 1 center with sid and geno ahead of you.

And MC, im so jealous of you! First off that islanders game was crazy, Johnson with the tko lol! And Pens Caps games are my favorite to watch, having lived in both cities. That one playoff game in 09 where crosby and ovechkin both had hattricks was unbelievable.

mysterycolor
08-30-2012, 11:45 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8307/7898528028_7d2b505859_z.jpg

thought you guys might like this, just a unique part of my hockey collection

TheCanadiandrome
08-31-2012, 10:25 PM

Lol MC I love it

Scud
09-01-2012, 08:02 AM

Do my eyes deceive me or do I spy 2 Spartacats in that collection?

Totally Wicked!!!

~S~

tmnt transformer
09-01-2012, 12:09 PM

Nice collection mysterycolor......

TheCanadiandrome
09-01-2012, 09:30 PM
let's hope for the sakes of hockey lovers, there's a season this year

Scud
09-02-2012, 06:36 AM
I think there will be. The start of the season may be delayed, considering there is no new CBA in place yet with the old one expiring on Sept 15, and no scheduled negotiations.
But I think everyone wants season. It's too close to the last lockout.

Lance_Steele
09-02-2012, 08:22 AM
I think there will be. The start of the season may be delayed, considering there is no new CBA in place yet with the old one expiring on Sept 15, and no scheduled negotiations.
But I think everyone wants season. It's too close to the last lockout.

This crap again???!

mysterycolor
09-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys! it is hard to find an audience that appreciates this particular collection ;)

Do my eyes deceive me or do I spy 2 Spartacats in that collection?

Totally Wicked!!!

~S~

yes, there are two spartacats- the first one i bought was him dressed as Santa... cause i couldnt find him in his jersey :( then later i found the giant one in a jersey and just couldnt resist!!

Scud
09-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Nice, A friend of mine from college actually won the contest to name him. He has a plaque on his wall and everything.

mysterycolor
09-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Nice, A friend of mine from college actually won the contest to name him. He has a plaque on his wall and everything.
that is flippin awesome, give your friend a high-five from me and express my pure jealousy ;)

at least my mascot (and old arena!) gets to be featured in sudden death hehehe

Scud
09-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I am jealous too. Everytime I'm over to his place you see it on his wall. I have been meaning to take it off his hands...for a little while.

mysterycolor
09-06-2012, 03:55 AM
since hockey season hasnt started yet- i thought i would ask... do any of you guys play the EA NHL video games- i am not much of a gamer do to my Epilepsy (though i love playing when i can). I was reading this article about creating the perfect team and it sounds like a lot of fun... wish i could try it.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=640956&navid=DL|NHL|home

Scud
09-06-2012, 08:02 AM
The last one I owned (think I might still have it) was '07 for the PS2. We have an Xbox 360 at work, and when we first got it, a group of us regularly played whichever latest and greatest version there was.
We never went through a whole season. Just lunch time matches. Goals meant nothing, the challenge was how many penalty minutes you could accumulate.
Might have to dust off my old console, or see how much a game for my Wii would be.

~S~

HeavyMetalCarebear
09-09-2012, 08:35 PM
HUGE Wings fan.

Yzerman, forever #1.

I have a gigantic Red Wings collection.

Scud
09-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Yzerman was and will always be awesome. He's from here you know. Many a times have I played on Yzerman Arena at the Nepean Sportplex.

~S~

HeavyMetalCarebear
09-09-2012, 09:54 PM
He is from Cranbrook, BC, and played in Peterborough.

Scud
09-10-2012, 09:02 AM
He is from Cranbrook, BC, and played in Peterborough.

Yes he was born there. But grew up and played here.

From Wiki (cuz if it's written there it must be true:teek:):
"Yzerman was born in Cranbrook, British Columbia, but grew up in Nepean, Ontario (a suburb of Ottawa, now a district in that city) where he attended Bell High School and played for his hometown Nepean Raiders Junior A hockey team."

Anyways, there is a huge fanbase here because of his early years. Many kids, like my son now, are following in his footsteps playing in the Nepean Minor Hockey Association.

~S~

HeavyMetalCarebear
09-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Yes he was born there. But grew up and played here.

From Wiki (cuz if it's written there it must be true:teek:):
"Yzerman was born in Cranbrook, British Columbia, but grew up in Nepean, Ontario (a suburb of Ottawa, now a district in that city) where he attended Bell High School and played for his hometown Nepean Raiders Junior A hockey team."

Anyways, there is a huge fanbase here because of his early years. Many kids, like my son now, are following in his footsteps playing in the Nepean Minor Hockey Association.

~S~

lol, dude....you're talking to someone who has been obsessed with the man since the age of 10. I know his story, I was just clarifying his information ;P

I always hated all the people who took #19 on any sports teams at school before me, ha.

Scud
09-11-2012, 05:59 AM
lol, dude....you're talking to someone who has been obsessed with the man since the age of 10. I know his story, I was just clarifying his information ;P

I always hated all the people who took #19 on any sports teams at school before me, ha.

It's all cool HMC!!! Just glad to see other super hockey fans here.

I can sort of relate to the number issue. In my youth I was a fan of Stephane Richer #44, but the team numbers were only 1-15 so I would try to nab number 4. The last two years I played in a league they had jerseys with scattered numbers. I found number 22. So I reasoned, I'm half as good as him.

Picked up the Jerseys for my sons first year of house league yesterday. I'm sure MysteryColor will like them. Pittsburg Colours (Black with white and gold details).

HeavyMetalCarebear
09-11-2012, 06:26 AM
lmao! Love your explanation on the jersey, made me laugh. Funny thought process.

I have a few Yzerman jerseys. First one I got was the Wings home jersey at the time when I graduated grade 6. It's a tad beat up but still alive.

I have two of the then home jerseys, 1 away, 1 old school, 1 Team Canada.

Scud
09-11-2012, 06:58 AM
lmao! Love your explanation on the jersey, made me laugh. Funny thought process.

I have a few Yzerman jerseys. First one I got was the Wings home jersey at the time when I graduated grade 6. It's a tad beat up but still alive.

I have two of the then home jerseys, 1 away, 1 old school, 1 Team Canada.

Team Canada Jersey? Sweet!!!
I have a lot of Jerseys, mostly Sens. Old school white, second gen. red and black, 2 new Reds(name and numbered with Alfresson and Fisher) New Heritage Jersey.
I have Four Team Canada Jerseys, Red, White, Black and the 2000 Sydney Olympic Jersey, which was weird because in was the summer olympics.
I still have my Habs jersey form my youth, and some other misc Jerseys, like Tragically Hip, and the Monroeville Zombies.

HeavyMetalCarebear
09-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Speaking of the Habs, my favorite goalie is Patrick Roy. Didn't actually get to shake his hand or talk to him, but he was doing a signing at a mall when I was a kid. I have a picture of him signing stuff in my photo album.

Shreddhead
10-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Well they just cancelled all regular season games up to October 24th. I am very depressed.

mysterycolor
10-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Well they just cancelled all regular season games up to October 24th. I am very depressed.
you arent the only one :(

Shreddhead
10-05-2012, 06:46 PM
well since theres gonna be a little break here, does anyone play nhl 13 on ps3?

TheCanadiandrome
10-06-2012, 04:18 PM

weird, i heard the whole damn thing got cancelled

mysterycolor
10-08-2012, 05:41 AM
i havent heard that yet, but rip my heart out if it is true...

Scud
10-08-2012, 05:49 AM

I don't think they will do that until we get a lot closer to the New Year. If they can still pull out half a season, they probably will.

~S~

TheCanadiandrome
10-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Guess its wait and see

mysterycolor
10-16-2012, 11:17 PM
this would make me very happy... especially since 11/2 is my bday

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643558

TheCanadiandrome
10-17-2012, 12:53 PM
this would make me very happy... especially since 11/2 is my bday

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643558
me thinks someone will get greedy and say no to that

HeavyMetalCarebear
10-17-2012, 09:59 PM
I can't live a year without my Red Wings.

Just get the season going, dammit.

mysterycolor
10-18-2012, 03:40 AM
i need my hockey...just like i need my tmnt... this has been an awesome tmnt year- let's make it the same for hockey!!!

oldmanwinters
10-18-2012, 06:28 AM
I can't live a year without my Red Wings.

Heh, I'm a Wings fan too. But we have had to endure a puck-less year before!

But whenever they do get back on the ice, it's gonna be weird seeing the Wings without Lidstrom.

Shawnie
10-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Big hockey fan here - bummer about the lock-out. I am definitely suffering from hockey withdrawal. Streaming the AHL games online just isn't doing it for me.

I am a NY Islanders fan, so the news about moving to Brooklyn is fantastic.

Sword Slicin' Leo
12-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Fire bettman!!!

Icebot
12-30-2012, 03:23 PM
I like Hockey but I don't really look at it as often as I used to. I like the Chicago Blackhawks and the Winnipeg Jets. I do hope the lockout ends before the season does.

Peanut
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
So, hockey is back and should start next week, which is incredibly exciting.

More exciting is that MLSE finally wised up and fired that blowhard Brian Burke as Leafs GM this afternoon. Kind of out of left field, but I'm still not complaining.

mysterycolor
01-09-2013, 11:09 PM
i am so excited to have my hockey back- let's go pens!

Peanut
01-10-2013, 10:29 PM
I think the Pens will be incredibly frightening with a healthy Crosby in the line-up this year. If there's one thing I hope for, it's another Pittsburgh/Philly series and I pray you guys slaughter them.

oldmanwinters
01-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Big fan of the league since 1996. I'm a Red Wings fan, but I think a healthy Crosby and the Penguins might have the edge in a shortened season.

TheCanadiandrome
01-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Assuming he stays healthy

mysterycolor
01-13-2013, 01:38 AM
only thing that worries me about my pens is goal tending... fleury and vokoun is not exactly the dream team... but they might surprise me

TheCanadiandrome
01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I might start watching a game or two, not sure. Never really got into hockey (NHL) much, aside from when I used to go watch the local WHL team play when I was younger

Ginny
01-20-2013, 05:16 PM
only thing that worries me about my pens is goal tending... fleury and vokoun is not exactly the dream team... but they might surprise me

YAY Pens! Great game yesterday! Goal-tending looked pretty good to me. What are your thoghts?

Shreddhead
01-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Yes baby, hockey is back! And what better start to the season could I ask for with the flyers losing 2 strait! :D

Pens have been looking good, I'm just hoping vokoun can light a fire underneath fleury and get him back to form

Sword Slicin' Leo
01-21-2013, 06:11 PM
St Louis seems like the team to beat

tmnt transformer
01-21-2013, 06:25 PM
St Louis seems like the team to beat

I don't know.... The blackhawks are doing well....

Peanut
01-21-2013, 08:32 PM
We're three days into the season, kids. I don't think it's time to start talking about who the team to beat is.

TheCanadiandrome
01-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Yeah no kiddin

Sword Slicin' Leo
01-28-2013, 05:36 PM
umm yeah it always time to talk about who the team to beat is...thats the point of competition

Peanut
01-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Under normal circumstances I would agree, but in a shortened season where so many players came to camp out of hockey shape, it's too early to tell who the run away might be this season.

TheCanadiandrome
01-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Not just outta shape, aren't some dropping off with injuries as well?

Sword Slicin' Leo
01-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Not just outta shape, aren't some dropping off with injuries as well?

yeah!! is crazy...

TheCanadiandrome
01-30-2013, 09:41 PM
yeah!! is crazy...
I know right

Sword Slicin' Leo
01-31-2013, 05:51 PM
even though i am akIngs fan, i would love to see Toronto do good..they are the only Original 6 team i can stand

TheCanadiandrome
02-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah I'd love to see th Leafs do good

mysterycolor
02-02-2013, 06:59 PM
a shut out against the rangers followed by a 5-1 win over the devils... my pens are lookin good

Shreddhead
03-31-2013, 01:58 PM
a shut out against the rangers followed by a 5-1 win over the devils... my pens are lookin good

Im in the Middle East right now so I've been watching as many Penguins games as I can online. Terrible to see Crosby take a puck to the face the way he did, needed reconstructive surgery for a broken jaw. Then they kicked Kunitz out for a boarding that definately was NOT a 5 min major. But even with our top 2 scorers out for basically the whole game, the Pens were able to secure their 3rd Shutout in a row (first time in Penguins history i believe) AND make it 15 wins in a row! Come on NHL record of 17 in a row! Who was that again? Oh right, the 93 Penguins :D

TheCanadiandrome
03-31-2013, 11:57 PM
Poor injury prone Crosby.

mysterycolor
04-01-2013, 01:10 AM
it is really sad to see crosby injured again, but hopefully the pens will carry on and he will be back for the playoffs.

that being said WE HAD A PERFECT RECORD IN THE MONTH OF MARCH... gotta love it :)

Half Sh3ll Hero
04-01-2013, 03:35 AM
You guys better watch out for my 'Yotes! (Coyotes) We're not doing too shabby this year!

Shreddhead
04-01-2013, 04:25 AM
You guys better watch out for my 'Yotes! (Coyotes) We're not doing too shabby this year!

Phoenix is sitting in the 13th spot in the west as of right now, which is not where you want to be. However, they're only 3 points short of a playoff birth so there's still plenty of hope. But I hope you don't knock Columbus out of the running, Id rather you surpass Detroit. I like seeing teams that haven't made the playoffs in a while get a chance to shine.

Half Sh3ll Hero
04-01-2013, 04:56 AM
Phoenix is sitting in the 13th spot in the west as of right now, which is not where you want to be. However, they're only 3 points short of a playoff birth so there's still plenty of hope.

We're always the underdogs here in Arizona! I am predicting we are most likely going to knock Columbus off first sad to say.

I have faith in Doan, Boedker, Yandle and Vrbata to rally the pack and who knows we could take it all the way to the Stanley Cup!

Oh on a side note we've just traded Kale Kessy for Tobias Rieder! I'm excited to see what this guy can contribute to the team.

Shreddhead
04-01-2013, 06:22 AM
^Here's hoping you guys make it, I dont wanna see Phoenix lose its hockey club. Plus Doan deserves another run at the cup.

Half Sh3ll Hero
04-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Hell yeah he does!

I don't think we'd lose our hockey club there are plenty of rich guys here in arizona bored enough to buy a hockey team lol

Either way good luck to your club! Although with the way you guys are doing you're good.

TheCanadiandrome
04-01-2013, 10:12 PM
it is really sad to see crosby injured again, but hopefully the pens will carry on and he will be back for the playoffs.

well even if he's not, there's still the new guy former Flames man Jarome Iginla

Shreddhead
04-02-2013, 01:08 AM
I don't think we'd lose our hockey club there are plenty of rich guys here in arizona bored enough to buy a hockey team lol

I would LOVE it if Alice Cooper ended up buying the organization lol, I know he's a major 'Yotes fan. I'd probably end up buying a "Cooper" jersey :D

RaphaelsIsolation
04-02-2013, 01:33 AM
i'm an absolute hockey fanatic...

you guys think you have nice turtle toy collections and all that...

I've got the best hockey card collection in miles around here.

Shreddhead
04-02-2013, 02:28 AM
i'm an absolute hockey fanatic...

you guys think you have nice turtle toy collections and all that...

I've got the best hockey card collection in miles around here.

Not a huge card collector, but my jersey collection may rival yours tho ;) basically all I ask for during the holidays.

mysterycolor
04-06-2013, 07:21 PM

my favorite part of my hockey collection

Shreddhead
04-07-2013, 01:38 AM
^Awesome collection! I am mad jealous...

Its been a tough week for the Penguins. They made another great move at the td imo by picking up Jokinen. But after loosing Sid indefinitely and then falling to the Sabres and Rangers by a hefty margin, they stood there ground and got another win. It'll take a little time for the 4 new players to find there place in the Pens' system, but I have no doubt they will soon get in the groove. It was great seeing Iginla and Jokinen get their first goals in a Penguin uniform.

I thought the Trade Deadline this year was the most exciting one in a long time. I feel almost every club involved made some really good moves. The Blue Jackets, Rangers, and the Wild all get key parts that should help them get into the playoffs as well as improve them in the years to come. The one trade I just cant wrap my head around is the Caps/Preds trade of Forsberg for Erat and Latta. Forsberg is one of the best prospects in the league and the Capitals' gm has been quoted saying he's the "future of the franchise". To trade that away for Erat just makes no sense. Unless They know something about the young man that the rest of the league doesnt.

mysterycolor
04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
the other day, Fleury went out to the "student rush" ticket line and picked two fans to give HIS tickets to... they happened to be dressed as ninja turtles :)
you will find them celebrating about 50 seconds into the video.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=666352

Shreddhead
04-25-2013, 01:32 PM
the other day, Fleury went out to the "student rush" ticket line and picked two fans to give HIS tickets to... they happened to be dressed as ninja turtles :)
you will find them celebrating about 50 seconds into the video.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=666352

So Awesome! They brought pizza out one of the times I was student rushing, like 2 or 3 years ago. I had no idea Fleury was such a Turtles fan :lol:

mysterycolor
04-25-2013, 08:35 PM
back when i was still in college, there was no line for student rush because the pens were soooooo bad lol it was 20.00 any game, best available.

Shreddhead
04-25-2013, 08:41 PM
back when i was still in college, there was no line for student rush because the pens were soooooo bad lol it was 20.00 any game, best available.

I think the rush is still $20 a game and best available, but you have to line up around 3 for a 7:00 game (and thats for a not so popular match up).

Shreddhead
05-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Well, round 1 is OVER!

Ottawa at Pittsburgh................Pitt wins in 6 games

San Jose at Los Angeles............San Jose wins in 5 games

Detroit at Chicago....................Chicago wins in 5 games

New York at Boston...................Boston wins in 7 games

Those are my predictions, anyone else have any?

TheCanadiandrome
05-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Nope, nothin to add other than I'm a disappointed Leafs fan

Sword Slicin' Leo
05-14-2013, 06:10 PM

Yeah that sucked...i HATE BOSTON!

GO KINGS GO!

Peanut
05-14-2013, 06:44 PM

Disappointed doesn't begin to describe the feeling. That game will go down in history as one of the biggest Game 7 disasters in Leafs history. Win or lose I think we would have been proud of them, but the way they lost was inexcusable for even the youngest and worst teams in the league.

Shreddhead
05-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Ya, I didn't want Boston or NY to move on.

So the Caps/Rangers and the Leafs/Bruins both had to play games 6 and 7 on back to back nights, But the Pens/Sens don't play game 2 until Friday??
Someone wanna tell me who's in charge of scheduling these things?

TheCanadiandrome
05-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Disappointed doesn't begin to describe the feeling. That game will go down in history as one of the biggest Game 7 disasters in Leafs history. Win or lose I think we would have been proud of them, but the way they lost was inexcusable for even the youngest and worst teams in the league.

exactly right man

Shreddhead
05-17-2013, 08:18 PM
What a game tonight! Crosby was one minute and 15 seconds short of turning his hat trick into an Natural hat trick. Vokoun is off to a 4 and 0 start in the playoffs, and I could not be happier about it :D

Peanut
05-17-2013, 08:23 PM
I'd hope you'd do well against the Sens. They can't score worth a sh*t.

mysterycolor
06-09-2013, 11:41 PM
so my pens are out and i am cheering bruins all the way!

prediction: bruins take the cup in 6 games

Shreddhead
06-10-2013, 01:07 AM
So I know Im just gonna sound like a sore loser her, but man I thought the officiating in the last round (both east and west) was down right terrible. Well, no sense in complaining about it, until next year that is ;)

mysterycolor
06-27-2013, 02:47 AM
congrats to the hawks, they earned the cup!

Shreddhead
06-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Great series, and I'm sooo glad the hawks won it. You're right, they did deserve it, and I think Kane definitely deserved to be that series's MVP as well

BubblyShell22
06-27-2013, 07:34 AM
I don't watch hockey that much, but I'm glad the Hawks won yet again. They totally deserved it and had an awesome season.

Rikirk
06-28-2013, 06:02 PM
The parade was nuts.

Great Stanley cup finals. My hometown team won:), Tip of the cap to Minnesota, Detroit, LA and Boston. You guys made it great too. Best of luck next year.

mysterycolor
07-07-2013, 03:40 PM
so what did you guys think of the draft?? i was pretty happy with the choices the pens made HOWEVER trading Tyler Kennedy for a 2nd round spot was a disappointment

Shreddhead
07-07-2013, 03:56 PM
so what did you guys think of the draft?? i was pretty happy with the choices the pens made HOWEVER trading Tyler Kennedy for a 2nd round spot was a disappointment

I thought the draft was pretty good all around. But holly crap the free agent signings and trades have been out of this world during this past week! Boston and Dallas doing a 7 man trade? I love that stuff! Iginla to Boston now, didn't like that so much. The NHL has definitely been sufficiently shuffled and I can't wait to see who goes where next.

Sword Slicin' Leo
07-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Definatly looking forward to full season next year, the half season definatly benefitted Chicago

Shreddhead
07-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Definatly looking forward to full season next year, the half season definatly benefitted Chicago

One thing I liked about the shortened season is that every team had that "every game matters" mentality. But I too am looking forward to October hockey once again

Sword Slicin' Leo
07-07-2013, 05:40 PM
yeah me too, going to one of the winter classic this year... Kings vs Clucks in Dodger Stadium...yessir!

Shreddhead
07-07-2013, 06:31 PM
yeah me too, going to one of the winter classic this year... Kings vs Clucks in Dodger Stadium...yessir!

Thats awesome man! I "snowgated" the Penguins/Caps Winter Classic a few years back. Too poor to get in, but not too poor to get drunk outside lol.

Sword Slicin' Leo
07-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Thats awesome man! I "snowgated" the Penguins/Caps Winter Classic a few years back. Too poor to get in, but not too poor to get drunk outside lol.

LOL i hear ya, i guess its not officially a winter classic, its called stadium series,t but the 1st Outdoor game in Los Angeles.i gotta be there

mysterycolor
07-11-2013, 01:36 AM
i was in there! it was really really cool... and cold ;)

Shreddhead
07-11-2013, 10:36 AM
i was in there! it was really really cool... and cold ;)

Ugh I am so jealous mc!! It must have been a blast.

This just in, NHL 14 is planning to feature an updated version of NHL 94 (my favorite hockey game of all time) to its 20th anniversary. I have literally been asking ea to do this for years :D

mysterycolor
07-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Ugh I am so jealous mc!! It must have been a blast.

here's a pic from where i was seated ;)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/9304897336_090b082139_b.jpg

Sword Slicin' Leo
07-17-2013, 03:10 PM
thats really cool!!

Redeemer
07-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Makes me sad I live so far away from my favorite team....:cry:

Peanut
07-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Summer already dragging for anyone else!? It's gonna feel like such a long break this year. I'm so excited to watch the Leafs with Clarkson and Bolland in the lineup and Bernier and Reimer pushing each other in goal. We're going to be such an asshole of a team to play against this year. I love the direction we're finally going. Being the only team in the East to give those gorillas in Boston a run was fantastic, even if our complete lack of age and experience blew it for us, it was still great to see.

MOVE FASTER, SUMMER!