PDA

View Full Version : TMNT DVD Petition

Pointblank
05-22-2003, 10:11 AM
HI guys,
I found this petition on the net! It is from 2002 I think, but it looks like they still need a lot of Signatures! I don't know if this is old news or new.. But here it is:

http://www.petitiononline.com/4tmntdvd/petition.html

SlayerX
05-22-2003, 10:34 AM
:o That has got to be the most retarded sounding petition I have heard. It looks like it was made by an 8 year old! I say that someone should REDO it to make it look better. I'm not signing what they wont even look at.

"To: Mirage Studios and 4 Kids Entertainment
To offer viewers of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the early show in the late 80's to now, a DVD should be made to have all the episodes on it including Red Sky series.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned "

InsaneZane
05-22-2003, 10:55 AM
How dare you refuse to sign a petition that creates the possibility of every single original episode on DVD?

Who cares if it sounds retarded... I agree, The message should definatly be longer... explaining the reasons why it would be an execellent idea.

I AM signing it.
You are a TMNT fan right? Isnt that why you are here?
SIGN IT if you are a FAN!

Karpo_007
05-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Maybe because these petitions won't do any good. Comapnies give no value to Online petitions since on one person can sign it as many times as he wishes. Besides the DVD is suposedly still coming.

BigThew
05-22-2003, 11:10 AM
snail mail brings the best results

cqb101
05-22-2003, 12:25 PM
I signed it.

SlayerX
05-22-2003, 01:12 PM
Maybe because these petitions won't do any good. Comapnies give no value to Online petitions since on one person can sign it as many times as he wishes. Besides the DVD is suposedly still coming.

THANK you Karpo :D They probably get like 200 of these things anyways, so what difference is one with like 280 signatures in 2 years gonna do? :-?

Jephael
05-22-2003, 03:33 PM
My pal Dark Turtle came up with that idea, and even if it doesn't get done, it's still worth a try!

GK Punk
05-22-2003, 04:17 PM
How dare you refuse to sign a petition that creates the possibility of every single original episode on DVD?

Who cares if it sounds retarded... I agree, The message should definatly be longer... explaining the reasons why it would be an execellent idea.

I AM signing it.
You are a TMNT fan right? Isnt that why you are here?
SIGN IT if you are a FAN!

Did this make anyone else giggle a little?

And yes I am a fan, and no I won't sign it. Online petitions are useless. sign it if you want, and good luck

Peanut
05-22-2003, 04:42 PM
These things never work.

Tetsu Deinonychus
05-22-2003, 06:57 PM
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.htm

Krangfan
05-22-2003, 07:05 PM
I'd sign it, but as the link above says, they never work :(

Deathknight
05-22-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm sure there would be pretty good profits if they released the whole series of DVD but imagine how many dvds it would be and the cost. But besides that, the DVD that suppoisily in development is probably just season 1 which IMO is a real disappointment. The complete 1st season you can buy on vhs (yeah dvd is better but that's not the point.) They should do the first 2 seasons to start out with. Not all the episodes of season 2 were released. I'm so jealous that the UK got a Return of the Technodrome vhs and US didn't :x. But still, not all of season 2 was released on vhs or any other format in any country. Besides, season 1 is a measly 5 episodes. If they did season 1 & 2 it would total 18 episodes (which would probably be 4 dvds) and I would be fairly happy. But just a measly release of season 1 would make me rather upset. IMO it's like they're saying "We didn't want to put effort in so we'll release the minimum possible, and since they're were already released on vhs it'll be easy to do."
Heck, I would love the complete series to be on DVD but right now I'd aim for just the first 2 seasons. Because I somehow doubt that a company would take such a big risk of releasing all the episodes at once.

Peanut
05-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Yeah seasons 1 and 2 sounds good. I think getting only the first season would be sort of disappointing too. Considering I already have the entire first season on VHS. I still wouldn't mind if that's all they came out with for now. I'd buy it for sure.

Krangfan
05-23-2003, 03:42 AM
They should do what Rhino is doing for the Transformers DVDs, releasing them in season box sets.

GK Punk
05-23-2003, 03:45 AM
That would be nice...

I don't see why there is the need for another pettiton, especially scince someone already holds the rights to release the DVDs, they just need to actually Release them.

That Matt Guy
05-23-2003, 06:29 AM
That petition cracks me up. Those names like Jewy Jewison and Faggy McFag :lol:

Karpo_007
05-23-2003, 06:44 AM
Yep, thtas one reason why online petitions aren't worth anything. Few people use their real names.

Deathknight
05-23-2003, 11:33 AM
I'd use my real name but nobody else will so it won't do any good.

That Matt Guy
05-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Are you the one who signed it with that huge name? :lol: That's hilarious! :lol:

Reznorite420
05-23-2003, 09:12 PM
DK, it's not certain what season(s) they'll release if a DVD series of the original toon is released; just be patient.