PDA

View Full Version : is Retromutagen Ooze rotten inside?

09-12-2012, 07:47 AM
I have a few cans of sealed ooze...was wondering if it is a bio disaster inside of them? Remember these are almost 25 years old

has anyone opened any?

Discogod
09-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Don't know about the Retromutagen, but I recently opened a sealed 20+ year old tub of Ghostbusters Ectoplasm, and it was just a foul-smelling watery liquid. I'd imagine the Ooze is the same.

Either way, I'd keep them sealed.

prophecy718
09-12-2012, 07:59 AM
lol...i have one sealed as well

its a good question but I wouldn't open it :lol:

Mzx10484
09-12-2012, 08:02 AM
I can only say that one from 2004 was fresh when I opened it last year...

JOEMOE
09-12-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure, but I don't trust those guys at tgri. If u open it u run the risk of becoming a mutant

Mzx10484
09-12-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure, but I don't trust those guys at tgri. If u open it u run the risk of becoming a mutant

:lol::lol::lol: Oh yes ....

Archon_Turtle
09-12-2012, 10:23 AM
I have a few cans of sealed ooze...was wondering if it is a bio disaster inside of them? Remember these are almost 25 years old

has anyone opened any?

are you serious about it being toxic? Cause if you are, then the answer is no. But it's probably lost it's viscosity.

Zulithe
09-12-2012, 10:25 AM
There are signs Nick could release their own ooze... not as valuable for collectors but for those that simply want some ooze, for vintage or new figures, would applaud this. I hope they do.

I saw a review of the new Nick Sewer Lair on youtube and they poured ooze down the pipe and it looked like brand new fresh-off-the-1980s-shelf ooze. i wonder what they used cause it clearly was not vintage ooze...

DonatelloFan
09-12-2012, 10:35 AM
On the sewer lair box, it says something to the effect of either 'Look out for Ooze in stores soon', or 'Ooze sold separately'. Because there is that part of the lair that is meant for a person to pour ooze into. It's even on the box. So yeah, we'll eventually get it. And I can't wait.

plasticturtle
09-12-2012, 11:02 AM

That only makes me want to open it more.

09-12-2012, 11:33 AM
But bacteria can't develop if something is sealed right?

DonatelloFan
09-12-2012, 12:18 PM
But bacteria can't develop if something is sealed right?

Really? If that's the case, keep a sealed gallon of milk in the fridge for 2 months, then drink. It can develop, but I don't think bacteria has anything to do with certain chemicals breaking down in the mixture. There's no food in it, so I think bacteria is an irrelevant discussion.

If you have a few, hell, I'd open one. You would still have 2 sealed ones. And if you ever wanted to sell them, you would get a pretty good price for them.

09-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Really? If that's the case, keep a sealed gallon of milk in the fridge for 2 months, then drink. It can develop, but I don't think bacteria has anything to do with certain chemicals breaking down in the mixture. There's no food in it, so I think bacteria is an irrelevant discussion.

If you have a few, hell, I'd open one. You would still have 2 sealed ones. And if you ever wanted to sell them, you would get a pretty good price for them.

good point..didn't think of milk....this is an organic substance too , some kind of tree extract no? so it will be spoiled inside

it's a gross thought knowing it's basically a can of puss and sewage ;)

I Crave Pizza No More
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM

In that case, I should open some up. I'd love to be a mutant, frankly.

TheCanadiandrome
09-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I leave all mine sealed, same with the GB ecto plasm.

Playmates needs to make some new Ooze for the new Nick Toon

pannoni1
09-13-2012, 02:37 PM
A canister of 2003 ooze still smelled fresh when I opened it the other day. It must depend on where the Ooze is stored, since a climate-controlled enviornment will make it last longer in terms of a good scent. Since these were originally sold to children and there are no chemical warnings on the tube, I'd imagine that these should remain safe provided they aren't mixed with hazardous materials.

Zulithe
09-13-2012, 02:56 PM
make your own ooze!

Ayx49u7kG64

Tell me that this is not AWESOME!

The Fifth Turtle
09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gonna have to incorporate this into my science class! Sooooooo cool:)

pannoni1
09-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Now we know what the secret of the ooze really is; it's just a bunch of water, school glue, borax, and food coloring. Its basically a liquified version of Play-Dough. The only thing that its missing are some DNA molecules that cause the mutations. Thanks for the video!

Drose18
09-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Thats cool i wanna try that.

Weirdo-Warrior
09-19-2012, 04:44 AM
Never had TMNT's ooze, but I had two canisters of Ghostbuster's Ectoplasm that came with two big monsters (Sludge Bucket and the flying one, I forgot the name): quite soon they started to smell awful and we threw them away.

09-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Never had TMNT's ooze, but I had two canisters of Ghostbuster's Ectoplasm that came with two big monsters (Sludge Bucket and the flying one, I forgot the name): quite soon they started to smell awful and we threw them away.

did they smell awful once opened? or you could smell it while it was still sealed?

Weirdo-Warrior
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
did they smell awful once opened? or you could smell it while it was still sealed?

It started to smell awful after quite a while after we opened it.