PDA

View Full Version : TRU: Buy 2 get third TMNT action figure... FREE!

Zulithe
09-20-2012, 02:46 PM
visit www.toysrus.com and you will see the ad on the front page! This offer extends to many other action figures, not just TMNT, so look around

Yes, this offer also includes the 11 inch turtles, Classic Turtles (!!!), power sound turtles and vehicles such as the Shellraiser. oh, and roleplay gear

sorry, I know this news is about 4 days old (sale started on the 16th). Some items do not show up because they are out of stock. hopefully more stock is added before the sale ends, so keep checking back.

Great way to build your foot soldier or kraang army!

Don't forget to buy a Secret Sewer Lair while you are there (Secret Sewer Lair is not part of the buy 2 get 3rd free though, sorry)

TheCanadiandrome
09-20-2012, 10:39 PM
This is what we get,

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/viewall/index.jsp?sort=ProductAge-A&categoryId=13064021&overrideStore=TRUSCA

Powder
09-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Damn. I wish I could afford to take advantage of this. I'd get the 12 inch turtles. Bummer.

Spitfire
09-21-2012, 01:55 AM
If they had the classics in stock I'd take advantage of this.

Zulithe
09-21-2012, 10:24 PM
They did have some classics in stock when I posted this thread. But they are popular, so keep checking.

They have already added more stock since I posted this. Now they have ALL basic figures in stock, but earlier most were gone.

This is a great way to get the 11" turtles, as all 4 are in stock now. Same goes for vehicles.

Zulithe
09-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh, one more thing...

They have added the Secret Sewer Lair to the buy 2 get 3rd free!!!!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12897673

Of course, it is $119 and it is hard to find 2 other items priced over $100 to make it a great deal. As with all of these type of promotions, the cheapest of the 3 items is the one you get for free. But if you are careful in what other 2 items you pair it with, you can probably make it a good deal somehow.

ickzer1
09-22-2012, 02:28 AM
I got the whole collection with this sale.

Zulithe
09-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Cool to hear, ickzer1

zkarlette
09-22-2012, 07:00 AM
I hope this isn't because of poor sales, I mean the show hasn't even started..

Donatello19
09-22-2012, 07:03 AM
I hope this isn't because of poor sales, I mean the show hasn't even started..

Poor Sales? Really? Every Time I Go Into A Store That Has TMNT, They Are Almost Always Sold Out. Toys R Us Always Has Sales Like This...

Heather Breckel
09-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah, it's definitely not because TMNT isn't popular. TRU is having a similar sale for MLP right now.

Donatello19
09-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah, it's definitely not because TMNT isn't popular. TRU is having a similar sale for MLP right now.

Yeah, i just looked at their website and it says buy two get the third free on hot toys, and turtles is one of them. there is also other things such as power rangers and what not

spiderpumpkin
09-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Oh, one more thing...

They have added the Secret Sewer Lair to the buy 2 get 3rd free!!!!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12897673

Of course, it is $119 and it is hard to find 2 other items priced over $100 to make it a great deal. As with all of these type of promotions, the cheapest of the 3 items is the one you get for free. But if you are careful in what other 2 items you pair it with, you can probably make it a good deal somehow.

Buy 3 Sewer Lairs.

Derrico13
09-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Buy 3 Sewer Lairs.

That's what I did!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Derrico13/TMNT/turtlelairs.jpg

However, the manager thought it best to fight with me about it in front of a line of customers, tell me I couldn't read, called me "dude" and said the website was wrong before finally doing his job.

But still.....3 lairs!

Donatello19
09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
That's what I did!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Derrico13/TMNT/turtlelairs.jpg

However, the manager thought it best to fight with me about it in front of a line of customers, tell me I couldn't read, called me "dude" and said the website was wrong before finally doing his job.

But still.....3 lairs!

Awesome! :tgrin:

plasticturtle
09-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Wow, that is awesome! But what are you going to do with 3 lairs?

Derrico13
09-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Wow, that is awesome! But what are you going to do with 3 lairs?

I....uh.....don't ....know? I was caught up in the moment!

Seriously, though, one's for me, one's for my daughter and the third.....not sure yet.

pannoni1
09-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I....uh.....don't ....know? I was caught up in the moment!

Seriously, though, one's for me, one's for my daughter and the third.....not sure yet.

Sell it on eBay if you can (they sell at full price currently). That way you can at the worst get the one lair for about half off based on the selling prices, especially since they can be sold as MISB. Too bad I went to WalMart instead.

Keep a lookout for such sales, even on non-TMNT merchandise. You could find some toys that are hot sellers and then sell them on eBay to make a profit that could make a fun part-time job. I hope there's a special sale for the Holidays.

Floyd91
09-23-2012, 07:39 PM
I really wanted to pick up the classic figures this seemed like a great deal except toys r us here was completely sold out. :(