PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else surprised how good the humor is?

CyberCubed
09-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Now that we've seen like 10 different clips from the first few episodes posted online, its easy to see how actually GOOD the humor is. I actually found myself chuckling and cracking a smile at every scene that was amusing.

This isn't dumbed-down humor for little kids, this is humor that you'd find in Pixar and Disney movies that even adults can enjoy. The show is genuinely funny and doesn't come across as forced like the 4kids humor did.

The show is quite funny. I daresay funnier than the original toon was. If they can keep up this level of humor throughout the whole show, we might very well have one of the best action/comedy cartoons ever made.

Donatello19
09-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes, The Humor In The Show Is Great! I Believe That This Will Be The Funniest TMNT Show! The Part That I Laughed At The Most Was When Splinter Was Lecturing The Turtles Before Going Above Ground. I Couldn't Stop Laughing When He Said "Go Before You Leave, The Restrooms Up There Are Filthy!" LOL. Splinter Is A Really Funny Character In The New Show, And I Really Like How He Acts As More Of A Father Than A Teacher To The Turtles. I Really Can't Wait For This Show, I Really Hope It Becomes A Hit And "Turtle Mania" Will Start Again.

Allio
09-26-2012, 04:37 PM
perhaps this show will be the Friendship is Magic/ Gravity Falls of Nick

TurtleTitan97
09-26-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm loving the humor for show based on the clips we have seen. This show is going to be so awesome.:tsmile:

Lethal Lullaby
09-26-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm loving the humor for show based on the clips we have seen. This show is going to be so awesome.:tsmile:

I agree 100% :twink:

Master Splinter
09-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Yes, The Humor In The Show Is Great! I Believe That This Will Be The Funniest TMNT Show! The Part That I Laughed At The Most Was When Splinter Was Lecturing The Turtles Before Going Above Ground. I Couldn't Stop Laughing When He Said "Go Before You Leave, The Restrooms Up There Are Filthy!" LOL. Splinter Is A Really Funny Character In The New Show, And I Really Like How He Acts As More Of A Father Than A Teacher To The Turtles. I Really Can't Wait For This Show, I Really Hope It Becomes A Hit And "Turtle Mania" Will Start Again.

You really capitalized every word? Do what you will... but yikes.

Anyways, I am not surprised.

-ms

Donatello19
09-26-2012, 05:36 PM
You really capitalized every word? Do what you will... but yikes.

Anyways, I am not surprised.

-ms

So What? Thats Just How I Type

Jester
09-26-2012, 07:39 PM
No .

Cure
09-26-2012, 08:09 PM
It's Nick. Their shows are funny for the most part. So no, I'm not surprised.

CyberCubed
09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
It's Nick. Their shows are funny for the most part. So no, I'm not surprised.

True, but I was expecting it to be more like, "Oh this is humor kids would find funny, but adults would just be "Eh" at it."

On the other hand every clip they've shown has made me laugh. I really hope the entire first season is as consistently funny as they've shown so far, and it'll be interesting to see what changed in regards to Seasons 2-3...as the Turtles will probably mature a bit.

Zany Orange Dude
09-26-2012, 09:22 PM
I really love the humor so far! None of the jokes have yet to fall flat!:tgrin:

Luzmagica
09-27-2012, 04:36 AM
I agree 100% :twink:

Same here!!!!!! :twink: :tlove: :tgrin:

Scud
09-27-2012, 07:42 AM
From the limited scenes I've seen the humor has been quite good. But I reserve judgement until after I see the premiere.

Trying hard not to get hopes up too high where they will never be able to achieve.
I just want a good entertaining show. Which I'm sure they can deliver

Jephael
09-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Based on everything we've seen it does look funny, though at the same time I hope they don't make it too funny. There is such a thing as going overboard with the humor, just as the 4Kids series went overboard with the action.

Candy Kappa
09-27-2012, 10:07 AM
not really that surprised. I am a bit surprised how good the various action scenes are, fluid and well shot. Leaps and bounds over previous TMNT shows

Xav
09-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Based on everything we've seen it does look funny, though at the same time I hope they don't make it too funny. There is such a thing as going overboard with the humor, just as the 4Kids series went overboard with the action.So you want a show that isn't funny and has bad action?

Gyt Kaliba
09-27-2012, 12:17 PM
I expected the humor to be pretty good honestly, so I'm not really 'surprised' per say, but I am pleased with what I've seen in that regard so far. Though the comics on Nick's website had a few 'ugh' moments that I could tell were supposed to be funny, but the episode clips have all been legitimately funny so far.

It's action I was kind of worried about, but they seem to be doing pretty good there so far too.

CyberCubed
09-27-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't think those online comics are written by the same people who do the show, so its not anything to be concerned about.

Jephael
09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
So you want a show that isn't funny and has bad action?

No, I want the exact opposite: a show with both humor and action, but doesn't go overboard with either.

Xav
09-28-2012, 02:07 AM
You can't go overboard with action.

CyberCubed
09-28-2012, 07:03 PM
I think this show is hilarious. It's like Simpsons or Futurama.

So far I've laughed or smiled at every joke. If the whole show remains this funny we're going to have a real winner on our hands.

ToTheNines
09-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Not surprised. I follow some of the writing team on twitter, very funny guys.

CyberCubed
09-28-2012, 07:09 PM
The chemistry between the Turtles is already great...that's where the clever banter is.

Mike is actually funny, unlike the 4kids version which tried to be funny but failed.

stormbringer
09-28-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm glad that the jokes are genuinely funny, and not the "kiddified" jokes that make you want to throw something at the screen.

zkarlette
09-28-2012, 07:16 PM
You can't go overboard with action.

So you like Michael Bay films I suppose..:P

The chemistry between the Turtles is already great...that's where the clever banter is.

Mike is actually funny, unlike the 4kids version which tried to be funny but failed.

I like what I've seen so far and I do think it's really funny. But I still think that you are a little too judgemental of the 4 kids show,Mike was funny until later on when he sort of became a douche..

VaughnMichael
10-01-2012, 08:39 AM
I am a bit, I found myself laughing quite a few times.:)

cACHI
10-01-2012, 08:50 AM
the writing is fine i just hate the animation

Ninja Tiptup
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Ciro and his other alumni from Teen Titans are very good with comedy so I was expecting it to be pretty funny but they did exceed my expectations.

Oculus Orbus
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I thought it was very fun, and had me smiling through most of the dialogue. Even my girlfriend, who doesn't particuraly love TMNT, was laughing out loud at times.

Powder
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm surprised, yeah. I didn't have low expectations or anything, but it takes a lot to get me to laugh out loud. This show's done it, though!

BubblyShell22
10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I was a bit surprised at the humor, but I loved every minute of it and laughed at the jokes. This writing team is really good at what they do, and I can't wait to see what they do next with this show.

Teddy
10-01-2012, 07:17 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by the level of humor, and the quality of the dialogue. I was seriously laughing at some parts! Very cute show, definitely exceeded my expectations. :tsmile:

Mona_Lisa
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Now that we've seen like 10 different clips from the first few episodes posted online, its easy to see how actually GOOD the humor is. I actually found myself chuckling and cracking a smile at every scene that was amusing.

This isn't dumbed-down humor for little kids, this is humor that you'd find in Pixar and Disney movies that even adults can enjoy. The show is genuinely funny and doesn't come across as forced like the 4kids humor did.

The show is quite funny. I daresay funnier than the original toon was. If they can keep up this level of humor throughout the whole show, we might very well have one of the best action/comedy cartoons ever made.

I love the OT, but their were thouse times when it got a little corny and ya just wanted to roll your eyes... So far The humor in this one seems Great!!!!:tgrin:

Leo656
10-01-2012, 09:02 PM
It's better than I thought it'd be. I went in with low expectations and laughed more than I thought I would.

blackaerin
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
When I first watched the show, I was delighted with the chemistry of the brothers and Splinter.
However, after discussing the premier over with my friend who had also watched it but did not see the same way. Note that she's much more critical of shows than I am plus it's very hard to make her laugh out loud, but I had to admit she brought up some very valid points.

She pointed out that some of the jokes were already overdone to death, such as the I spy game with Donnie and Mikey and Mikey rubbing it in that he was right all along. (I personally didn't quite agree with that last one but I suppose that it was personal bias speaking.)
She criticizes that while the show isn't unfunny per se, there's nothing particularly outstanding about the humor either that really sets this show apart from any other "light hearted" adventure kids show.
She also felt that the joke with Master Splinter pretending to reflect on who will be leader and quickly picking Leonardo was poorly handled and detrimental for his character. Why would Splinter belittle such an important decision at the expense of a joke? Sure it's funny to the audience, but the sons probably wouldn't find it as funny.

CyberCubed
10-01-2012, 10:28 PM
The only reason we think of Leonardo as, "the leader," is because that's what he always was.

In this universe there's no reason why Leonardo should automatically be the leader over the others. So the explanation we got made sense. Splinter knew he would make mistakes and only if he overcame him would he be a great leader.

BubblyShell22
10-02-2012, 07:34 AM
And not only that, Splinter did see something in him to make him a leader, yet he told Leo that the only reason he chose him was because he asked to be leader. I think this was a way for him to make sure Leo didn't get a big head about being leader. However, I think there were other reasons, including the ones Leo stated, that made Splinter make that decision. I did like that part though when he closed the door and then opened it. That was funny.

CyberCubed
10-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I can only hope the humor stays consistently good throughout the season. I can see it getting stale if they keep repeating the same jokes, like making fun of Leo's victory speeches or Mike being silly.

eledoremassis02
10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I think the humor would be a bit better if,

They stopped the anime hyper/extreme exaggeration moments (or at least cut down on them)

and cut down on Michelangelo's goofiness. He's reminding me of the 80's turtles in Turtles Forever.

Master of the Foot Clan
10-02-2012, 05:33 PM
I think the humor would be a bit better if,

They stopped the anime hyper/extreme exaggeration moments (or at least cut down on them)

and cut down on Michelangelo's goofiness. He's reminding me of the 80's turtles in Turtles Forever.

Seriously. This Mikey is nothing like the 80's Mikey.

CONFESSION: I've never really liked Michelangelo that much. Mostly because he seems like a goof ball stoner (basically Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High) He always seemed like he would be marketing's favorite Turtles. He just says generic things that someone in a suit think kids will like.

The new Mikey is just a weirdo who no one takes seriously but they should because he's not the moron you think he is. He has a lot to contribute to the team.

"I was right about the brain thing...you gotta give me that."

alliance
10-02-2012, 06:22 PM
very funny stuff so far, i feel they have the potential to have more smart comedy throughout the 1st season [i for sure hope so] even if it was more child like as long as theres humour and not so boring serious like the 03 stuff i will be fine