PDA

View Full Version : Lost ebay auctions

arkangel
10-01-2012, 07:43 PM
aka. the one that got away.

I was curious to hear peoples' most regrettable lost auctions. Having only purchased around thirty-some items, I've been pretty fortunate to win the auctions I've been personally invested in.

Recently, I was thrilled to see a listing for a 1975 LJN/Mego scale Rookies Police Car. It's an item I've been hunting for a while now and was shocked to lose out in the last second or two. lol

Share your own here... :)

Powder
10-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I've had a few missed oppurtunities on action figures & such, but "The One That Got Away" was a samurai helmet prop from the the third TMNT film. Lost by like 3 dollars at the very last second. I was crushed, man. Oh well.

arkangel
10-02-2012, 06:29 PM
omg.. That one may be hard to top. It actually hurt to read. lol
Let`s hear some more..

pannoni1
10-04-2012, 07:22 AM
These happen all the time for me that it's a lot like auditioning and applying for jobs where you need to have a hard shell like a turtle to deal with the pain caused by many defeats. The latest for me happened just last evening being a Mirage Vol. 1 #1 second printing in VF-/VF and a #2 second printing in VF/VF+ where I fell $2.50 short. (I bid $120.50 with five seconds left; another bid 50 cents less than me a second later which led me to think I might have this, but with two seconds later, someone else bid (of course you never know how much the top bidder actually bid). The bidder was a sniper mainly specializing in Bronze and Copper age comics. But there are 14,999 other copies available (plus the first prints). I also got outbid on a MOC Scratch where I bid $380 and was the top bidder with 4 seconds left, only to have someone bid a second later and snag it from me for $385.

However, several weeks ago, my biggest "dagger in the heart" was this auction of Napoleon Bonafrog cel that was signed by the original voice actors at the Jon Levitz comedy club, where I missed by one dollar such a pretty treasure with my bid of $61 with just three seconds to go. It felt like myself throwing an ultra ball at a Mewtwo from Pokemon and having it pop out after the third bounce. Sometimes well after an auction ends, I go through the sellers feedback and if I catch feedback left by the person who "stole the item from me", I sometimes contact the winning bidder showing how jealous and disappointed I am. Just today, I got a reply for my Scratch loss and this was his/her response:

Sorry, it really is nothing personal. I am a big TMNT fan myself.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=180966529484

I also hate when sellers relist items that didn't sell because of a reserve and then relist with the same reserve, since the reserve costs money to list, and that is very cheesy. Why not just list it as a buy it now or best offer instead, which is cheaper!

Ninjinister
10-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Here's a pretty good one. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lost-The-Complete-Series-DVD-2010-37-Disc-Set-/280983670266?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item416bee8dfa)

Quite a few here if you're just talking about toys. (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lost+action+figures&_dmpt=US_Action_Figures&Brand=McFarlane%2520Toys)