PDA

View Full Version : Now that Season 2 is confirmed, the show will have 52 episodes minimum

CyberCubed
10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
For those who didn't see it the show has already been renewed for 26 more episodes after Season 1, meaning we're up to 52 episodes minimum.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/02/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-renewed-by-nickelodeon-for-second-season-premiere-is-number-1-kids-program-on-basic-cable/151241/

We're currently at the same pace the 4kids series was, which ordered 26 episodes per season until Season 5. If we can keep up this pace we'll hit the milestone 100th episode by Season 4, just like the 4kids series did.

I wonder if this show can come close to the episode count of the original toon, and if its a big enough hit it could.

TurtleMaster4
10-02-2012, 02:49 PM
For those who didn't see it the show has already been renewed for 26 more episodes after Season 1, meaning we're up to 52 episodes minimum.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/02/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-renewed-by-nickelodeon-for-second-season-premiere-is-number-1-kids-program-on-basic-cable/151241/

We're currently at the same pace the 4kids series was, which ordered 26 episodes per season until Season 5. If we can keep up this pace we'll hit the milestone 100th episode by Season 4, just like the 4kids series did.

I wonder if this show can come close to the episode count of the original toon, and if its a big enough hit it could.

This thread just made my day!!!

shezcrafti
10-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm so stoked. I'm also breathing a huge sigh of relief that the numbers are rolling in and they all appear to be good. Everything seems to be indicating this is going to be a big hit for Nick.

Zany Orange Dude
10-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Wahoo, this is great news!:tgrin:

alliance
10-02-2012, 04:09 PM
This is so f*cken awesome...im so happy for these writers and more happy for the Turtles, its so cool seeing what i loved in the 90's kids find cool Today..

It shows how Ninja Turtles are light years ahead of everyone else especially seeing how many times its been re done over and over for so many damn years..The public simply doesnt want Ninja Turtles to go away its as simple as that.

25+ Years is proof of just that...

http://i.imgur.com/LYNDB.jpg

TurtleTitan97
10-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Wahoo, this is great news!:tgrin:

Indeed it is.:tgrin:

Oculus Orbus
10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I don't think Nick will reach the OT's numbers, but it looks like it'll be pretty big. My one hope is that it keeps some sense of consistency through the seasons.

Ninja Tiptup
10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
The best part about this they wont halt production causing a longer delay between seasons. That kind of stuff is so irritating to me.

I can't even imagine what this show will accomplish in 52 episodes. Only time will tell but I can't wait to see more.

marcelangelo
10-02-2012, 05:11 PM
I fail to see your reasoning for the assumtion that nick tmnt won't reach numbers like the ot, but that may be just your personal feeling if I am getting you right?...well, in my opinion it is much to early to really say something about that, I say let's just bring the ship out of the harbour first..but I would just love it if they do surpass the ot's numbers one day;)..
but in the other point I agree with you octoluss:consistency would be very sweet..I have a feeling with the currnent team of visual and story makers on it we could really see that..they seem to know where they're wanting to go with this...but the thing with a successful cartoon production is always this among other things:how can you possibly keep the same people involved each in their roles for a number of years on the same project?...
I just hope someone at nick doesn't some day want to tinker with the working formula and instead of continuing to get better and better and keep on moving to new unreached space in animation quality try to shake things up artificially because they're getting afraid of their own success(maybe)..to me that seems to have happened with te wonderful 4kids series when they came up with fast forward and back to the sewer....

CyberCubed
10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't think Nick will reach the OT's numbers, but it looks like it'll be pretty big. My one hope is that it keeps some sense of consistency through the seasons.

When the 4kids series started in 2003, nobody expected it to make 157 episodes either.

I think the Nick show will do a little longer than 4kids, maybe come close to the OT's 193 episode count.

MikeandRaph87
10-02-2012, 05:18 PM
We already knew a second season was in the works since it was leaked awhile ago that 18 year old Casey is working off screen and alluded to in graffiti, but would appear in the second season perhaps opener.

I saw on wiki that 8 episodes have been listed so far on the episode guide. Anyone have any more of the first 26 or more indepth info? I was spoiled with the paragraph descriptions on ninjaturtles.com when the '03 cartoon started knowing what to expect for the entire season as it progressed.

It appears that Shredder and April will play a big part in the fourth episode going by the titlle while Metalhead returns in the 6th.

Donatello19
10-02-2012, 05:20 PM
When the 4kids series started in 2003, nobody expected it to make 157 episodes either.

I think the Nick show will do a little longer than 4kids, maybe come close to the OT's 193 episode count.

If anything, Nick will pass the OT's amount of episodes. This is the first time the turtles are on a big and popular network, and nickelodeon is one of the (if not THE) most popular kids T.V stations. The show will be very popular for sure.

Koi
10-02-2012, 05:23 PM
"and was the network’s top-rated premiere for an animated series since 2009. During its premiere weekend the series reached nearly 12 million total viewers."

That is kind of... really cool.

Jester
10-02-2012, 05:26 PM
If the show fails to find an audience (which doesn't seem to be a problem, but you never know) it will fail, no matter what network it's on. It could air on every channel, and if no one liked what they saw, it would eventually die.

*thinks of Simpsons and Family Guy*

Then again, I may be wrong....

MikeandRaph87
10-02-2012, 05:26 PM
If anything, Nick will pass the OT's amount of episodes. This is the first time the turtles are on a big and popular network, and nickelodeon is one of the (if not THE) most popular kids T.V stations. The show will be very popular for sure.

Lets not jump the gun and guess the final episode total. I do wish the '87 cartoon was six to seven episodes longer and ended at the 200 mark! Nick also rolls out its episodes at a slower pace. I remember the last patch of Hey Arnold! episodes taking 26 months to finish and Spongebob has a season that last two calendar years. So it might be slower in putting out episodes or might cram them all in four months like the '87 cartoon did with the bigger episode sets like 47 in '89 and 40 in '90. Wait and see and enjoy the ride the best you can!:tsmile:

CyberCubed
10-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Lets not jump the gun and guess the final episode total. I do wish the '87 cartoon was six to seven episodes longer and ended at the 200 mark! Nick also rolls out its episodes at a slower pace. I remember the last patch of Hey Arnold! episodes taking 26 months to finish and Spongebob has a season that last two calendar years. So it might be slower in putting out episodes or might cram them all in four months like the '87 cartoon did with the bigger episode sets like 47 in '89 and 40 in '90. Wait and see and enjoy the ride the best you can!:tsmile:

Sadly if Seasons 8-10 were all 13-episode seasons instead of merely 8-episode seasons, we would have hit the 200 episode mark.

k_lala
10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
It will have a long run, Nick owns TMNT.

I don't see them doing reboots after reboots like what Transformers or Batman does?

pannoni1
10-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Hitting 52 episodes is the easy part, as that tends to be the minimum for daily reruns, and many series have that limit. The big test will be how well it performs not just for this season and the first run of episodes for the next, but also like I've said, merchandising that's tied in to this show, since that is ultimately the biggest cash cow that Nickelodeon can receive. If/when it slows down a bit it following seasons in terms of production as episodes, the repeats will be key in determining how strong this series holds up. And with all the press about the turtles being on the hot toys list (and I'm reading on some random sites that people wanted to dress up as a Turtle for Halloween), don't look for a slowdown any time soon.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Groan. Sometimes I wish 26 wasn't the basic number. A chunk of those eps will be boring filler episodes to increase the number to 26.

I wish some cartoons would get smart and only order as many episodes as they need to tell a story.

CyberCubed
10-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Groan. Sometimes I wish 26 wasn't the basic number. A chunk of those eps will be boring filler episodes to increase the number to 26.

I wish some cartoons would get smart and only order as many episodes as they need to tell a story.

TMNT isn't a series about facing Shredder or Krang every episode.

The large episode count gives the Turtles plenty of time to do everything, from face aliens in outer space adventures, to mobsters/gangsters, to robots, to mutants, etc.

What I loved about both previous cartoons is you had the important Shredder episodes and then episodes about other random villains, and it should be like that.

NinjaMan
10-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Here's hoping Bebop and Rocksteady show up!

Venom
10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Remember a few months back when Ciro posted, he mentioned having a vision for the show and felt the story will be told in about 3 to 5 seasons.

EDIT: Here's his post:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=930167&postcount=36

Jester
10-02-2012, 08:06 PM

Maybe the writers could, I don't know, use the knowledge that they have 26 episodes to tell the story to their advantage. Just because the 4Kids series had pointless filler doesn't mean this series will.

CyberCubed
10-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Maybe the writers could, I don't know, use the knowledge that they have 26 episodes to tell the story to their advantage. Just because the 4Kids series had pointless filler doesn't mean this series will.

Very little of the 4kids series was filler. Almost every episode led to something later on.

Jester
10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Very little of the 4kids series was filler. Almost every episode led to something later on.
One line referencing the ongoing plot doesn't make some of those episodes any less filler.

Vegeta
10-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Not trying to troll or anything but this show will not be as big as the ot. In the 80's this was a pop culture phenomenon. Times have changed, I am happy to read this news though

Jester
10-02-2012, 08:55 PM
True, this is a very media driven culture and media is EVERYWHERE. In the 90's when the Turtles were big, you didn't have smart phones and stuff. Now there are hundreds of things vying for your attention when back then there were much MUCH fewer. The Fred Wolf TMNT was a cultural phenomenon in a much less fragmented media landscape.

CyberCubed
10-02-2012, 09:37 PM
One line referencing the ongoing plot doesn't make some of those episodes any less filler.

Which episodes were filler?

Jester
10-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Which episodes were filler?
Please note, filler doesn't equal bad. Also I'm noticing a lot of one off comic adaptations. I could have added any of the Turtle Tot episodes, as they are also totally pointless in the grand scheme of things, and even add continuity errors.
Season 1:
The Monster Hunter
Lone Raph and Cub
Season 2:
Reflections (Clip shows count, right?)
The Golden Puck
Season 3:
H.A.T.E
The Darkness Within
Season 4 (this can get dodgy...as I'm putting in comic adaptations that have little bearing on the overall arc.):
Cousin Sid
The People's Choice
Sons of the Silent Age
Wing and a Prayer
Bad Day
All Hallows Thieves
Season 5 seems relatively filler free...but it's also 13 episodes...
>> also is kinda filler free. Lets say The Cosmic Completist to have at least one. Could excise Race for Glory and lose little...
Back to the Sewer:
Incredible Shrinking Serling (I know I said I didn't remove the Turtle Tot episodes...but I HATE THIS and wish it dead.)
Super Power Struggle
Could call lesser liked episodes "filler", but my criteria is mainly episodes where there is a character who doesn't show up significantly again...but truthfully this is really only OPINION. Some may find these episodes necessary but I don't and others may discount others that I do feel aren't filler.

CyberCubed
10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
The Monster Hunter
Lone Raph and Cub

I'll agree with the first, but the second introduces the mob which play a role in City at War.

Season 2:
Reflections (Clip shows count, right?)
The Golden Puck

OK, fine.

Season 3:
H.A.T.E
The Darkness Within

The first one directly dealt with the aftermath of the Triceraton invasion. The second could be filler if you don't care for Angel.

Season 4 (this can get dodgy...as I'm putting in comic adaptations that have little bearing on the overall arc.):
Cousin Sid
The People's Choice
Sons of the Silent Age
Wing and a Prayer
Bad Day
All Hallows Thieves

A few of those episodes at least deal with major events or are connected to past episodes like the whole Atlantis plot.

FoxZerro
10-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Very very excited to hear that Nick's Ninja Turtles were so well received. I was driving on Saturday and all I could think was we had Four Seasons of Doug (On Nick), Nine Seasons of Rugrats, Four Seasons of Rocko's Modern Life, Five Seasons of Ren and Stimpy, Four Seasons of Ahh Real Monster's... the list goes on and those shows didn't have the kind of initial fan base that the Turtles have, if the new show is treated like any other Nicktoon, then we should be rollin' in the green for quite a long to come.

Darth Knuckles
10-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah I heard about this news this morning. Very excited and glad. I think I could really get into this series. I'm looking forward to what the show brings us in the future.

Icegaze
10-03-2012, 09:45 AM
I sincerely hope we don't go past four seasons. No need to drag the series out too much. It is usually detrimental to the quality of the show.
3 or 4 seasons would be alright for me with maybe a theatrical release down the line (with the same CGI style only better because of more money!).

I'd like the last season to feature the turtles at age 17 or 18 to really emphasize on their growth (both physically and mentally). Just a little closer to how they felt like in the 2k3 series.

ZariusTwo
10-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I sincerely hope we don't go past four seasons. No need to drag the series out too much. It is usually detrimental to the quality of the show

Sounds like the creative team have the same idea. Hell a three year plan worked wonders for Airbender.

BubblyShell22
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
That's awesome. As for how long it should be, I say as long as it takes to tell the story, though I'd like it to end on a really good note and have it feel like a series finale. "Wedding Bells and Bytes" really didn't feel much like a series finale to me even though it technically was in some respects.

pannoni1
10-03-2012, 11:16 AM
That's awesome. As for how long it should be, I say as long as it takes to tell the story, though I'd like it to end on a really good note and have it feel like a series finale. "Wedding Bells and Bytes" really didn't feel much like a series finale to me even though it technically was in some respects.

Until Turtles Forever came along given all of the "Shredder reborn" talk from 4kids, which gives that a pass. Divide and Conquer is a better case since we don't know what happened to Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady since despite falling into a hole, much of the infrastructure of the Technodrome was still intact when the Turtles visited it. If they can just follow the 4kids method of a nice story over 26 episodes, this show is set, and perhaps have 13 episode seasons after Season 3 or 4 in order to give more time to think of a good plot while having plenty of episodes to rerun. With so much more source material to draw from in terms of characters, equipment, plots, settings, and styles, I'm sure we can get lots of ground in 52 episodes over two seasons. Having a filler episode or two can be entertaining if there is good humor and fun action, just to provide some comic relief to the series, especially right after a completed arc.

CyberCubed
10-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Sounds like the creative team have the same idea. Hell a three year plan worked wonders for Airbender.

There's no way Nick will allow the show to end at Seasons 3-4 if the show becomes really successfull. Since Nick owns the franchise, they're not going to end this show just to start another one 3 years later.

BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
There's no way Nick will allow the show to end at Seasons 3-4 if the show becomes really successfull. Since Nick owns the franchise, they're not going to end this show just to start another one 3 years later.

They will not allow it to end before it reach at least as much episodes as 4kids cartoon or more. And even if they end it in season 3 or 4(something that NOT going to happen) then they will make a new tmnt cartoon. If the show ends on 4 season then it will have less episodes than 4kids cartoon and it will become the less succesful tmnt cartoon. Nick dont want this to happen. They will try to make as many seasons as possible before they decide to end it and start another rebboot.

Cowabunga Carl
10-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I really don't get where people think that this can't fail. I mean yes the numbers for the first episode were astounding. I think that has to do with the fact that a lot of people were curious about this. Now that they have seen the first episode I think we will start to taper off tell about the third or fourth episode and then stay at those numbers. I'm not ready to say this is going to last forever. There is no president for that. Blind fanboy loyalty will not make it so.

I really want this to go for years. Personally I'm hoping that this series sticks around for a good while. I'd even like the series to establish that maybe each season/two is a year and age the characters. Tell the story of them growing up. Then start telling stories of them getting older. Age the show with the audience.