PDA

View Full Version : A Good Day to Die Hard

psych23232323
10-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Well, looks like Bruce Willis has returned as John McClaine once again.

I only saw the original. Never saw the sequels, so don't know how those turned out.

Here's a teaser

wVkzZD92cMQ

XERO
10-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Could be good. I really enjoyed Live Free or Die Hard, though Samuel L. Jackson needs to come back as Zeus.

Candy Kappa
10-05-2012, 01:00 AM
So far you can't go wrong with McClaine, so I'm looking forward to a new Die Hard

Leo656
10-05-2012, 02:08 AM
Bruno can do whatEVER the f*ck he wants, baby. I'll watch Bruce Willis in anything.

AT-Man
10-05-2012, 06:03 AM
Already looks better than 4. 3 is my favorite and 1 is pretty much as good.

Memphis
10-05-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm a huge Bruce fan so I'm definitely looking forward to it, though the guy they got to play his son is very meh. I would've preferred someone as interesting and charismatic as Bruce.

Scud
10-08-2012, 05:43 AM
I like the Die Hard films. The first one is a staple to watch around Christmas time.
I wasn't entirely entertained with the fourth one.
I hope this one is better.

Redmage1987
10-13-2012, 01:37 AM
This is definitely great news! I just recently watched through the Die Hard Movies in order for the first time.

I watched Live Free or Die Hard tonight actually, lol. I got that movie brand new for only $1! Well worth the money.

4XEaeOxqy_4

JakeSully
12-30-2012, 12:38 AM
I hope this is rated R and not watered down to PG-13 like the last one, i hope it goes back to the R-rated formula. Audiences are being smart now as they are going against PG-13ing R-rated franchises and boycotting them as studios did listened when Prometehus and Expandables 2 were gonna be PG-13 but FINALLY R-rated and they were successful, they can do the same here.

Forneus
12-31-2012, 04:42 AM
The idea behind this flick is good but somehow, I feel they should have kept it with just McClane having a daughter, and got MEW to kick some butt. No extraneous son. So yeah. Can't wait I'm terribly hyped for this, but the trailers are fun so far.

zodiac brave
12-31-2012, 09:20 PM
yippy ki-yay, mother russia!

JakeSully
01-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Let's all write to Fox to make sure this installment gets an R-rating and not screw us with another watered down PG-13 rating as this franchise was MEANT to be R.

Foxmovies@Fox.com

Also do 20th century Fox's facebook page to write to them as well and also do their Twitter page.

The future of R-rated adult cinema depends on you

Bauer536
01-03-2013, 07:47 AM
To be honest, I don't think we need that many R-rated films. I don't want to constantly hear someone say the F-word thousands of times. It's ridiculous. But then again, I'm just not the kind of audience for all that stuff. However, the first Die Hard film had that, and yet, it was awesome.:tcool: Besides Bruce Willis being so cool, Alan Rickman's character Hans Gruber stole the movie. He was just so good.:tsmile:

That's why I have a problem with the sequels. I can't see any villain top Gruber whatsoever. It's not easy. The trailer makes this sequel look interesting, but I have a feeling this is just a cash grab. The dialogue sounds strong, but the plot may be all over the place. I don't think this will be as good. Man. It sounds like 2013 will be Willis' year. This and G.I. Joe: Retaliation. Intriguing.

JakeSully
01-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Baur, why are you defending the sanitizing of an already established R-rated franchise?, your probably a teenager.

Die Hard is an R-rated franchise with content only that can be facilitated with an R-rating.

John McClane is a foulmouthed, cigaratte-smoking, drinking, tank-top wearing everybody man who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Die Hard series was founded on these aspects including bloody action and stunts, although don't go extreme. It's a series that puts story first and action second.

If you take away the foul language, the bloody action, action that serves the story and the signature catchphrase then it strips everything that MAKES the DH series.

Let's examine something about LFODH (aka Die Hard in name only). It was made into PG-13. WHY would a studio DO this? for one reason: to maximize profits. They can pull in a younger fanbase by doing THIS? what's wrong with this picture? Die Hard is NEVER intended for teenagers and children, this is a franchise FOR ADULTS and meant for them, it's not Dark Knight Trilogy or Avengers, It's DIE HARD for Christsake!!!

If they want a Bruce Willis action franchise to appeal to a wider audience and younger audience, DO an original franchise. You Do NOT convert an R-rated adult franchise in an attempt to MAXIMIZE profits. Now, of course, Die Hard movies are made for money---all movies do that. The difference? they maintained an integrity and remained true to the content, DH was made as an R-rated movie as it was properly laid out in it's content for the rating and LFODH did NONE of that including the crime of censoring John's famous catchphrase which is one of the things that make the character.

If you want a teen-pandering Bruce Willis franchise, start off as one as it was intended. It's obvious that this franchise was watered down in an attempt to maximize profits for Fox's audience hating greed and to draw in a wider demograph. This is blatant and DISRESPECTFUL cash-grab action that insults the intelligence of film-goers and it's very wrong. Hollywood should also have a clue that teenagers GROW up and when they are finally old enough to watch the R-rated DH trilogy and when they are looking forward to a new R-rated installment they'll be glad Hollywood didn't dumb it down.

If this gets an R-rating then true DH fans will be happy, IF NOT then boycott as fans will demand back the R-rating. Buying a ticket to another PG-13 rated DH movie means more sellout sequels and no more adult orientated sequels, If someone who truly cares for DH and if it's rated PG-13 DO NOT buy a ticket, go see something else like Arnold's The Last Stand and Bullet in the Head as both are adult orientated and R-rated and it could teach studios a message for the future of sequels to R-rated franchises not to dumb them down for PG-13 and make them R-rated as nature intended. And true DH fans loath part 4 for a good reason.

The Stryker
01-03-2013, 02:34 PM
As GOD intended? Hm.

Didn't know God was in the movie business nowadays.

Can't wait to hear your opinions on the movie after you go to the theater on day one regardless. Although, it's funny you're criticizing anyone for being immature when you're openly admitting that the only thing you want is blood and curse words.

JakeSully
01-03-2013, 02:40 PM
I mean nature intended, not god.

But anyway please DO NOT support another PG-13 rated Die soft movie, make sure you email Fox plus write to them on their facebook page and twitter page to make sure we get another R-rated installment and make them show respect for R-rated cinema.

Bauer536
01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Baur, why are you defending the sanitizing of an already established R-rated franchise?, your probably a teenager.

Die Hard is an R-rated franchise with content only that can be facilitated with an R-rating.

John McClane is a foulmouthed, cigaratte-smoking, drinking, tank-top wearing everybody man who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Die Hard series was founded on these aspects including bloody action and stunts, although don't go extreme. It's a series that puts story first and action second.

If you take away the foul language, the bloody action, action that serves the story and the signature catchphrase then it strips everything that MAKES the DH series.

Let's examine something about LFODH (aka Die Hard in name only). It was made into PG-13. WHY would a studio DO this? for one reason: to maximize profits. They can pull in a younger fanbase by doing THIS? what's wrong with this picture? Die Hard is NEVER intended for teenagers and children, this is a franchise FOR ADULTS and meant for them, it's not Dark Knight Trilogy or Avengers, It's DIE HARD for Christsake!!!

If this gets an R-rating then true DH fans will be happy, IF NOT then boycott as fans will demand back the R-rating. Buying a ticket to another PG-13 rated DH movie means more sellout sequels and no more adult orientated sequels, If someone who truly cares for DH and if it's rated PG-13 DO NOT buy a ticket, go see something else like Arnold's The Last Stand and Bullet in the Head as both are adult orientated and R-rated and it could teach studios a message for the future of sequels to R-rated franchises not to dumb them down for PG-13 and make them R-rated as nature intended. And true DH fans loath part 4 for a good reason.

I'm not a teenager. I just have certain standards. It's Die Hard. You're right. I guess it does need an R-rating. If the original wasn't R-rated, maybe it wouldn't have been special. I get your point.

Still, you must really love R-rated movies. Sorry. I don't always need cussing, nudity, or gore to have a good movie. That's just me. As for the reason, I don't see it as "dumbing down," but more of a chance for younger audiences to get a taste of the John McClane character and the Die Hard franchise. But, hey. I guess it is for adults. Still, if it makes you happy, I saw this film as a teen. So basically, I was young, but yet had a desire to see what made the first film so great.:tcool:

Cure
01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
But anyway please DO NOT support another PG-13 rated Die soft movie, make sure you email Fox plus write to them on their facebook page and twitter page to make sure we get another R-rated installment and make them show respect for R-rated cinema.

Haha, nah, I'm not doing that. The last movie was awesome. He killed a helicopter with a car, yo!

01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Many people agree that Live Free or Die Hard was a major step in the right direction with the series, so I don't know what you're talking about.

The Stryker
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
I mean nature intended, not god.

Pretty sure nature didn't make those movies either.

Again. I bet you'll be right there in the theater on opening day. Rain, shine or PG.

XERO
01-03-2013, 03:53 PM
The last movie was awesome. He killed a helicopter with a car, yo!

Well, he was out of bullets.

JakeSully
01-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Oh god, anyone who is paying for a PG-13 rated DH 5 is having the blood of McClane in his or her hands. We need more adult R-rated movies now, no more PG-13 sellout sequels.

True DH fans like myself are boycotting this if it ever gets a PG-13 rating and make sure the future of sequels to R-rated grown-up franchises are R-rated as the way they were meant to be. Those teens who loved LFODH will grow out of adolescence once they see the R-rated DH trilogy and realize what a terrible movie they've been defending for it's the worst DH film.

PG-13 neutering of DH is a big cinematic crime and Fox is full of greed and they think your dumb when they should know DH is meant to be an R-rated adult franchise, not a children's/teen franchise and Fox hates the audience including the fanbase of DH. And like i said when teens grow up and are finally old enough to watch the DH trilogy they will be glad a new installment isn't watered down and this is an R-rated world and they should be in it.

01-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Sounds like someone's parents didn't let them see rated R movies growing up.

Andrew NDB
01-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh god, anyone who is paying for a PG-13 rated DH 5 is having the blood of McClane in his or her hands. We need more adult R-rated movies now, no more PG-13 sellout sequels.

True DH fans like myself are boycotting this if it ever gets a PG-13 rating and make sure the future of sequels to R-rated grown-up franchises are R-rated as the way they were meant to be. Those teens who loved LFODH will grow out of adolescence once they see the R-rated DH trilogy and realize what a terrible movie they've been defending for it's the worst DH film.

PG-13 neutering of DH is a big cinematic crime and Fox is full of greed and they think your dumb when they should know DH is meant to be an R-rated adult franchise, not a children's/teen franchise and Fox hates the audience including the fanbase of DH. And like i said when teens grow up and are finally old enough to watch the DH trilogy they will be glad a new installment isn't watered down and this is an R-rated world and they should be in it.

I agree with everything you said.

As with Die "Hard" 4, I won't boycott a PG-13 Die Hard 5... I just won't see it or support it. If an "unrated" DVD comes out later on, maybe I'll check that out but nothing until then. Not one penny.

SS_Turtle
01-04-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm very curious to see how the story line ends up being, but I'll probably wait to rent it or see it on HBO after a while..........

Turo602
01-04-2013, 09:22 PM

This is actually an issue with teenagers?

The Stryker
01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
I don't think it's really an issue with most normal people. Like someone's gonna say "HEY! WAIT A MINUTE! This old movie has more blood and curses in it! That makes the movie I previously enjoyed a bad movie!"

TheCanadiandrome
01-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Can't wait to see it

Turo602
01-04-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't think it's really an issue with most normal people. Like someone's gonna say "HEY! WAIT A MINUTE! This old movie has more blood and curses in it! That makes the movie I previously enjoyed a bad movie!"

I'm still trying to wrap my head around teenagers giving a **** one way or another. Speaking as one, I don't know a single teen who would go through great lengths to defend a Die Hard movie... Hell, I don't know a teenager who has even seen one. Also, why do we need to be older to give the original a watch? If anyone enjoyed a movie THAT much, why wouldn't they be interested in the films that came before? It's like watching the first chronological Star Wars trilogy, and basing the original trilogy without ever seeing them.

JakeSully
01-14-2013, 03:50 AM
FINALLY, it's RATED R! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:D.

Oh i would love to shake the hands of the executives at Fox and kiss the cheeks of the attractive female employees, they are finally back to R-rated basics with DH.

Cure
01-14-2013, 10:23 AM
kiss the cheeks of the attractive female employees

Oh please, like you have standards.

01-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah, because screw those ugly chicks!

JakeSully
01-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Well i'm just so excited and happy that it's back to R-rated basics.

This will be a great year for R-rated action movies and let's make sure they are hits even with Last Stand.

Memphis
01-15-2013, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I was upset that LFDH was PG-13. It was more about them editing "Yippie Ki Yay, Mother ******" then anything else. The dvd release, however, with the unedited version was way better than I expected. It actually felt like an unrated version. Whereas, most films put out an unrated version with nothing different from the theatric versions -.-

Since this one's gotten an R rating I'm hoping for some more ridiculously gory kills. The guy getting ripped apart by the airplane turbine in DH2 is still my favorite on screen death of all time.

AT-Man
01-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Whereas, most films put out an unrated version with nothing different from the theatric versions -.-

Offtopic: the best unrated version I've seen is of Sex Drive (2008 ). Didn't even see the theatric and don't need to.

Cure
01-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Offtopic: the best unrated version I've seen is of Sex Drive (2008 ). Didn't even see the theatric and don't need to.

Then how can you determine it's the best unrated version with no knowledge of the rated version? Silly.

AT-Man
01-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Then how can you determine it's the best unrated version with no knowledge of the rated version? Silly.

Because there are just random naked chicks added to some scenes, they left in scenes where you can hear people behind the camera laughing and other crazy stuff.

shuriken
01-23-2013, 07:05 PM
well I liked 1, 3 and 4. 2 is ok. I'll check it out.

The Stryker
02-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Congratulations! It's Rated R!

It's also a complete piece of sh*t! But atleast it has cursing!

JakeSully
02-15-2013, 11:51 PM
I gotta say it's quite disappointing, but at least it got one thing right and it's rated R but it needs a better director and writer for the next film.