PDA

View Full Version : Chat-based RP over IM client?

SawyerSquirrel
10-08-2012, 08:32 PM
So... as you might expect from my interests (and the fact that I've posted at the two active RPG threads here), I love roleplaying. Much of the time, however, I end up having problems with play-by-post RPs. Thus, I was wondering: would anyone be interested in an RP that would take place over IMs, using a chat room function? As far as I know, YIM can be used to set up chat rooms, and also possesses a dice roller function.

If interested, feel free to respond with any characters you'd like to use, whether existing ones or OCs. I will most likely be leading the story (unless others wish to as well), and will be employing TMNT and Other Strangeness for skill and combat mechanics. The TMNT setting will most likely be akin to the 80's cartoon.

Cowabunga Carl
10-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Cowabunga Carl approves of this idea

Jade Green
10-08-2012, 10:32 PM
I don't have YIM, but I do have: Skype and Aim.... but I guess I could Download YIM if needed.

SawyerSquirrel
10-08-2012, 10:43 PM
I'll see if AIM and Skype can run chat rooms, at the least. If so, we can easily do either-or, as I have both. =P Regardless, thank you Carl and Jade for your input and interest.

EDIT: Okay, so. Apparently, AIM's chat room function is down for the moment, but Skype can do so. Carl, would Skype be okay? Or, should I look for an alternative? I think there might be a way to get a free, browser-based chat room somewhere; I might go with that, if it's more convenient for everyone involved.

Cowabunga Carl
10-08-2012, 11:02 PM
skype works. There are actual sites that work for table top games and are made to run them.

SawyerSquirrel
10-08-2012, 11:13 PM
*nods* Very well then, sounds good. I'll provide more details later; for now, if you guys are still interested, get your characters stat-ed up as level 2 TMNT&OS characters. Those who might need the pdf of the gaming book, feel free to ask and I'll send it.

Jade Green
10-08-2012, 11:32 PM
oh lucky me, I have that book. Gives me something to do tonight!

Pity I can't play Greysight, she's... more of a ATB/ HU RPG thing.

Random it is! *bounces away*

Cowabunga Carl
10-14-2012, 11:04 AM
I need to dig out Lumpkin. Sorry for absence.

SawyerSquirrel
10-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Not a problem; was away for a little bit anyway. ^^;

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it. Would anyone be up for a system other than TMNT&OS? If need be, I can suggest something else -- Savage Worlds, for one, if anyone knows that system.

Jade Green
10-15-2012, 12:08 AM
I have... World of Darkness
Palladium
and Dungeons and Dragons

Cowabunga Carl
10-15-2012, 09:09 PM
It really just depends on the system and if I can find a copy