PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Bebop/Rocksteady figure from 1993-1996?

pannoni1
10-28-2012, 12:05 PM
People often forget how many Bebop/Rocksteady variants were released in the later years on the first generation and are mostly familiar with the standard 1988, Wacky Action, and Mutations Bebop/Rocksteady (I've included those since they had a 1996 re-release and I haven't polled them yet), as well as a few more figures released in 1992. Please vote for your favorite Bebop/Rocksteady figure from the later years of the toyline and discuss.

Tossled
10-28-2012, 01:49 PM
For me, it's between one of the robotic ones. I was always drawn to the shiny figures as a kid

Donatello19
10-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Wow, I never realized how many Bebop and Rocksteady figures were made!

tmntgoldcoin
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
warrior of the forgotten sewer.

Powder
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Gonna go with Robotic Bebop.

Mzx10484
10-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Gatekeeper Rocksteady ! Just searched on ebay, only the orange football dude offers it ... howsoever

Foot Soldier Clang
10-28-2012, 04:05 PM
The Mutations line in general is my hands down favorite line. :tgrin:

Shogun26
10-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Mighty Bebop!! aka Bebop in Tights! Or if you're a fan of WWF, Wrestling Bebop! :D

Second Fav is def Warrior of Forgotten Sewer "Gatekeeper" Rocksteady tho.

Bill
10-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Mighty Bebop!! aka Bebop in Tights! Or if you're a fan of WWF, Wrestling Bebop! :D

Second Fav is def Warrior of Forgotten Sewer "Gatekeeper" Rocksteady tho.

I agree!!!

CudleyCowlick
10-28-2012, 05:35 PM
I had to go with Gatekeeper cuz he's just so badass, but the Robos would be right alongside him!

Jester
10-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Gonna go with Robotic Bebop.
^This. Super Rocksteady and Mighty Bebop were some of the rare variants I owned as a kid.

Shogi
10-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Went with Robotic Bebop only because I wasn't sure if Warrior Bebop was supposed to be for the unreleased one or the one from the Warriors of the forgotten Sewer

CyberCubed
10-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Man they made a lot of great figures of these two, not to mention the mutatin figures where they go back to their human forms.

Weirdo-Warrior
11-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Robotic Rocksteady, side-by-side with Robotic Bebop. These are the only variations of the two thugs I actually bought, aside from the originals, of course. After 1993 I lost interest in the TMNT franchise and the amount of endless variations of the original characters.

FoxZerro
11-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Had to go with Gatekeeper Rocksteady. I was a huge fan of the Warriors of the Forgotten Sewers concept, but of all the figures he was the only one I actually wanted to own (though I would have loved a knight Mikey). Second place would have to be mutating Bebop. I thought it was hilarious that he was a white guy when before he had clearly been black. Not only that but it was great to finally have our favorite hench mutants in human form.

Garfield
11-01-2012, 01:02 PM
With the exception of Mutating Bebop, I didn't own any of those Figures. So I choose, Rhinoman and Mighty Bebop, because I love superheros. I probably would like those the most for the novelty alone.

pannoni1
11-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Definitely Robotic Rocksteady (along with Robotic Bebop), simply because I love their metallic designs, they are popular to collect, and just for the sake of memories of the episode "Super Bebop & Might Rocksteady". Rhinoman and Mighty Bebop come right behind, and the mutations present the opportunity to drop some retromutagen ooze if you have a regular rhino and warthog figure, followed by transforming the punks into their animal mutations, which is really cool since the only time in the series we actually saw them mutate was in Plan 6 From Outer Space Its a shame though those cretins and morons at Playmates kept on releasing no variants of them instead of Dregg, Titanus, Hi-Tech, Mung, and so many others, especially since they were written out of the show.

Weirdo-Warrior
11-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Its a shame though those cretins and morons at Playmates kept on releasing no variants of them instead of Dregg, Titanus, Hi-Tech, Mung, and so many others, especially since they were written out of the show.

I quote you on that! So many characters never received a figure, especially in Red Sky years, and there were also some cool Archie villains and allies that would have deserved a toy version, instead of cheap repaints of Chrome Dome, Robotic Rocksteady or Metalhead...

Wes
11-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Of the 1993+ figures, I only had the Mutatin' Bebop and the Ninja Knockin' Bebop when I was a kid... so my choices here are kinda limited! I think Mutatin' Bebop would get the nod even if I'd had others, though; that one got mad playtime due to the mutation gimmick. Every time he got turned back to normal, he'd ultimately end up near Puumba and a canister of mutagen... and, well, we know how that would turn out. :lol:

I'd LOVE to get my hands on the Supermutant figures, though. They're just so cooool. :D