PDA

View Full Version : Halloween ComicFest 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Halloween Edition

TonySiegel
11-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Was everyone here able to lockdown a copy?

I ordered it online but the comic shop cancelled the order citing that there were no longer any copies available, but my other 2 books shipped! :trolleye:

HotJuicyBurgers
11-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Was everyone here able to lockdown a copy?

I ordered it online but the comic shop cancelled the order citing that there were no longer any copies available, but my other 2 books shipped! :trolleye:

I did manage to get one after all along with all the other halloween comics that came out. So glad I switched my subscription service to the only other comic book shop around where I am lol

oldmanwinters
11-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I got one!

Turns out IDW also had a Ghostbusters Halloween short comic. Sadly, I never even saw that one.

TonySiegel
11-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Hurricane Sandy killed my chances, the comic shops didn't get their shipments.

Took the risk of ordering online, got confirmation of stock, only to see today that the 1 particular comic was no longer in stock.

:tcry:

you lucky fellow mutants!

oldmanwinters
11-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Hurricane Sandy killed my chances, the comic shops didn't get their shipments.

Took the risk of ordering online, got confirmation of stock, only to see today that the 1 particular comic was no longer in stock.

:tcry:

you lucky fellow mutants!

Are some ebayers trying to sell it for $50 yet? :lol:

Roseangelo
11-12-2012, 08:24 PM
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=37898

:P

dkram230
11-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Check ebay for "turtles Halloween." It's been up there the past few weeks for as low as 5 bucks. Just did a search now and you can get one for $5.24 shipped.

Venom
11-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Yep, got mine a couple weeks back! :D

TheCanadiandrome
11-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Got on courtesy of another Dromer

Mayhem
11-13-2012, 02:18 AM
My online comic store here in the UK got me a copy, and sent it to me for free as part of my regular monthly order!

Eiko
11-13-2012, 03:22 AM
I got mine in the mail today.

TonySiegel
11-13-2012, 07:01 AM
most def. gonna hit up ebay

Rise1184
11-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Pretty cool. Since I missed my chance to obtain one for free, I was able to get one featured in a lot for $1. So, that's not bad.

dkram230
11-13-2012, 10:20 AM
My LCS told me on the day that they got them that all copies were going to teachers to hand out to students or something. So I ordered one off eBay that was part of a lot for $12.95 shipped which included IDW #1 2nd prt. I still needed that book anyway. After all that, the next time I grabbed my pull list at the LCS I saw one found it's way in my bin for free anyway. Then a week later I ordered the Annual variant cvr from an online comic vendor and they shipped me one for free as well. So now I have 3 copies LOL. Too bad they aren't worth anything really or I would attempt to trade the dupes!

Plasticplayhouse
11-13-2012, 11:03 AM
my comic shop (which is a big chain) never got them in stock :(

***First of Two Latin Kings***
11-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I bought (and resold) several copies of this, as well as two that I got from my local comic shop.

rich
11-13-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm just speculating here but...if you're a collector, my recommendation is to hold on to all copies of this you can get your hands on. There were "zero" Halloween Comic Fest promotions that I saw in my area and many local shop owners said they ordered none of the freebies (and got very few requests for them). While this was designed to be a free comic, since many shops didn't even order it, I don't think this had the typical mass-quantity print run that many free comic books do.

10 years from now this could be one of those extremely hard to find one-off issues that will torment future TMNT collectors. ** Think TMNT Vol. 4 #29 **

oldmanwinters
11-13-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm just speculating here but...if you're a collector, my recommendation is to hold on to all copies of this you can get your hands on. There were "zero" Halloween Comic Fest promotions that I saw in my area and many local shop owners said they ordered none of the freebies (and got very few requests for them). While this was designed to be a free comic, since many shops didn't even order it, I don't think this had the typical mass-quantity print run that many free comic books do.

10 years from now this could be one of those extremely hard to find one-off issues that will torment future TMNT collectors. ** Think TMNT Vol. 4 #29 **

Interesting. I'll take your advice, rich, and make sure I don't use it as a drink coaster anytime soon. :tlol:
Since I rarely end up owning anything that rare, I can't help but think that maybe all the other issues are still taped up in big boxes that didn't get shipped out of the distributor's warehouse.

dkram230
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM

You made me think a little here. I noticed last week that my LCS, who told me on ship day that they didn't have any to give out to the public, had a whole stack of them on the rack next to the TMMT ongoing. So I brought the wife and kid tonight and grabbed 3 more. Now I have 6. Maybe I'll be able to use them as good trade in about 5 years! If not, at least I'm not out anything since they're FREEEE! Lol

nelodiavolo
11-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I just ordered mine from ebay. It was around 5 bucks shipped so I'll just call it a convenience fee. :twink:

funatic
11-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Found one at my local shop on the 31st. They were giving them out, along with other free Halloween comics, to regular customers with pull-lists, and to trick-or-treating kids in costume as a nice alternative to candy!

I like how Halloween is suddenly Free Comic Book Day Round 2! :tgrin:

mrmaczaps
11-13-2012, 09:21 PM

i have two... i got one waaaaaay before i think it was cool that they be handed out and then one on Halloween from my LCS.... so hanging onto both anyways.... :):tsmile:

rich
11-13-2012, 09:29 PM
You just never know what the future holds but, at the price of *free*, it's better to have multiple copies while you can just pick them up easily. Try walking into a comic shop today and telling the owner that you're just going to take his remaining copies of the 2009 FCBD TMNT #1 reprint. It once was free...but now is not. :D

Plus, the further you get from the release date the harder they'll be to find. I've learned that lesson the hard way too many times. I remember initially balking at the $10 cover price for TMNT Vol. 4 #29...now that price would be an absolute steal. Crazy stuff...you just never know.

Blossombrooks
11-14-2012, 12:39 AM
I can't believe I actually got hold of one in the uk, Forbidden Planet in Birmingham had it! It wasn't free of course but at 50p it was a ridiculously good buy. Made my day :D