PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Nicekelodeon TMNT Game

Utromshredderhater
11-13-2012, 09:30 AM
If they do I hope it's Beat 'em up because that Double Dragon neon Game was boss

Zachatello00
11-13-2012, 10:00 AM
I'd say the chances are a solid 100%. Now, like the Utrom Shredder!

TurtleTitan97
11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah, with the new series doing well we can expect a new game coming soon.:)

MST3KFan
11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Hopefully there will be one, but a GOOD one.

I generally never see a lot of games based on TV shows that do good unlike in the 80s/early 90s when Konami did awesome arcade beat-em-ups of tons of proerties.

If only somehow a game company could capture the awesome fun that TMNT IV: Turtles in Time gave back on the SNES.

Powder
11-13-2012, 03:04 PM
The license was already given to a production company over a year ago. Pay attention.

Donatello19
11-13-2012, 05:09 PM
They confirmed they teamed up with Activison or something back at toy fair, so yes, we will be getting some kind of game eventually.

LeoNerdo
11-13-2012, 06:28 PM
I hope we can get a Lego TMNT game from Traveler's Tales somewhere down the road. Probably more likely after the first or second season of the show has concluded.

shihe
11-13-2012, 06:39 PM
I usually don't like LEGO games (far too easy, and I find them somewhat unappealing... with good fanservice though)

But I'd be all over a TMNT Lego game. :)

Still, I hope the next TMNT game would be a modern-day beat-em-up. Something with a system like Castle Crashers combined with Scott Pilgrim where you level the turtles up, learn new moves... But there's friendly fire (as well as the ability to use your partner for co-op attacks and such). Basically, take everything good from Beat em ups, and put it here.

Oh, and BRANCHING PATHS. Sort of like Streets of Rage remix where you can take alternate routes that change the story completely. So you can end up with several different endings.

I know it's pretty vague, but yeah, this would be my TMNT dream game.

tmntpower1988
12-01-2012, 06:13 AM
I hope we can get a Lego TMNT game from Traveler's Tales somewhere down the road. Probably more likely after the first or second season of the show has concluded.

But I'd be all over a TMNT Lego game. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened eventually, I enjoyed the Batman and Star Wars Lego games. Not really hyped on Call of Duty Activision having the licence though. Was a lot more hyped when I heard the rumour that Rocksteady was making a TMNT game. Batman Arkham City style yes please :o Was too good to be true :(

Ninjinister
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Fer cryin' out loud there's already like a dozen topics on this subject. I know the search function is wonky but at least try it.

pannoni1
12-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Now that the eighth generation of video games is underway with Wii U with XBOX 720 and Playstation 4 not far behind, it would be a great opportunity to release some games. I'd put the chances at 90%, since Nickelodeon creates new source material, and perhaps adding in IDW elements and classic throwbacks. I will be upset if a new game isn't released or at least coming soon by this time next year.

arizvega
12-10-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm best of sure it will be a good TMNT game....:tgrin:

PizzaPower
12-19-2012, 04:23 PM
any new news on a new tmnt game at all? I have been trying to search for it on google, but nothing pops up for me.

Zulithe
12-19-2012, 04:53 PM
my dream game would be to have a ninja turtles RPG :3 console or PC would be best, but Vita or 3DS would be fine, too. Look at how they were able to translate Mario (Super Mario RPG on the SNES as well as many Paper Mario games and Mario & Luigi games down the line), and South Park (The Stick of Truth -- with graphics that look exactly like the show! so great) and so many great properties into the format.

I know a lot of people want to see a "batman arkham city" style TMNT game and I'd gladly accept that as well

LEGO TMNT game would also be fun. If you've played recent LEGO games such a LEGO Batman 2 or LEGO: The Lord of the Rings, those games have come a long way. Adding plenty of new features. The upcoming LEGO City Undercover for Wii U looks to be the best LEGO game so far. There is definitely potential in a LEGO TMNT game.

Just please, please, no more fighter games... we've had tons of those over the years. I want to see the TMNT brand expanded into more genres of games.

The Stryker
12-19-2012, 09:59 PM
I like how you say it should be like South Park Stick of Truth. A game that isn't out yet and hasn't really shown much of anything and could be a complete piece of trash.

BladeEdge86
12-20-2012, 09:02 PM
It has been a while since they made a really good one, the last one I played was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Smash Up which was decent but it didn't have nearly as many character as I was hoping for.

Zulithe
12-21-2012, 09:04 AM
I like how you say it should be like South Park Stick of Truth. A game that isn't out yet and hasn't really shown much of anything and could be a complete piece of trash.

Those comments were more getting at how well they translated the look and feel of the properties. In the case of the Mario games I think they did great, particularly with the SNES game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG:_Legend_of_the_Seven_Stars).

In the case of THQ's upcoming South Park game, if you've seen the new trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUU7ZnlVTD4) you'd be hard pressed to disagree with just how strongly it emulates the look and feel of the show.

And do I think it will be a good game? Well if Obsidian can top Fallout 3 with Fallout New Vegas despite all expectations, I believe anything is possible.

TheBlueTurtle1
12-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Guys, a Lego TMNT game will happen, I would be just dumbfounded if it didn't.

I had this discussion, with my brother just the other day. We both agreed that the best TMNT game they could do would be (get ready for this) a classic style TMNT 1988/ Turtles in time style game based on the Nick turtles world.

There could be levels themed to the first season, 4 players, with drop in and out, and lives done like credits.

Just think at the end of each stage could be a boss, for example Snake weed at the end of level one. The first level could even have Krangs used in the way the foot were in the 80s games.

It would be so cool!

Cowabunga!

MrTMNT2012
01-03-2013, 10:48 AM
I found this:
On the Wikipedia page for TMNT 2012 Series, It says they're working on a Video Game to be released in 2013. So, take it for what you will :)

pannoni1
01-05-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm attending a video game convention today, and did notice someone making the "I made a funny" from the movies, and did find a graphic novel vendor selling the Archie reprint collections. I'd like to see a "variety" game that combines elements of many genres to create one big adventure, each from the perspective of a different character. One level could be a platformed like the NES, another a side-scrolling beat-em-up, another a racing level, a first-person shooter level, and perhaps a mystery/detective level. But I'd love to include unlock features of comics.

ToTheNines
01-07-2013, 11:41 PM
I think it's kind of bizarre that we haven't heard word one about a game yet. You'd think they would want it out before season 1 is done airing.

NinjaMan
01-08-2013, 08:25 AM
I think it's kind of bizarre that we haven't heard word one about a game yet. You'd think they would want it out before season 1 is done airing.

I'm thinking maybe we'll hear something at ToyFair next month?

Filespit
01-10-2013, 02:49 AM
I'm quite sure we'll be getting a new TMNT game eventually, would be nuts if we wouldn't since the new series is doing well. As for what type of game we're getting, I'm pretty convinced it's gonna be a classic beat 'em up TMNT game, like Turtles in Time or The Arcade Game, but with the Nick turtles in side scrolling 3D. That's what I think we're getting. Four player co-operative drop-in-and-out gameplay (both local and online) ís a must if this happens.

As for what type of game I'd want, I wouldn't mind a free-roaming Batman Arkham City/Assassin's Creed type of gameplay. A dark stealth game with much focus on the ninja part, and lots of cool moves and a wide variety of weapons to use.

Another thing I think would be awesome is a classic sidescrolling beat 'em up game like Turtles in Time/The Arcade Game, but with the graphics of the Mirage comics. Black and white, handdrawn graphics that is very dark and gritty. Like playing a comic book!

Konchadunga
01-11-2013, 07:35 PM
My understanding is that Arcade Attack was like that, but unfortunately, wasn't very good.

Powder
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
My understanding is that Arcade Attack was like that, but unfortunately, wasn't very good.

Cutscenes, yes. Gameplay, no. It's like a diagonal scroller, horrible controls, ultra repetitive. Worth playing only for the cutscenes.

miru
01-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Something along the lines of Turtles in Time, but with more playable characters and BlazBlue/Rayman Origins style sprites.

chrisdude
01-23-2013, 03:10 AM
I'm hearing what everybody wants. But honestly, this thing is gonna end up based strictly on the TV show. Just like all the 4kids games and TMNT games. The only reason Arcade Attack and Smash Up weren't directly related to one universe is because Ninja Turtles had nothing going on.
Why did those games even get made? It's not like they stood a chance at success without a show or movie behind them. Which is my whole point.

I'm sure whatever it is will be a beat 'em up, though. But like TMNT 2007, and the whole 4Kids series, I bet the handheld games will be better...

TheCanadiandrome
01-24-2013, 12:45 AM
I'd love a new TMNT game

Bocce
01-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Sounds like a wii title

Bocce
01-24-2013, 07:18 AM
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/29107

ToTheNines
01-24-2013, 07:46 AM
I still find it perplexing that we haven't heard anything. I remember the first 2k3 game was released before the season finale, but I guess there's no chance of that happening for this one.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/29107

That bull-**** is a year old.

Irishmile
01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Unfortunatly with most games based on toons.. especially popular ones on Nicktoons they know it will sell no matter what so they do not put any effort into it... Activision especially has been guilty of this.. I see no reason to assume they will not do the same again... I hope and pray (if I did that sort of thing) that I am wrong and the game is awesome.

Zulithe
01-29-2013, 06:57 AM
We just need to hope that the right developer has a solid vision for a TMNT game. Arkham Asylum was a great example -- batman has had many games but they are usually very uninspired, only churned out to make money off the batman name. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were real labors of love and that is what TMNT needs in its game.

What is the likelihood though? :cry:

Orisue
01-29-2013, 08:16 AM
We just need to hope that the right developer has a solid vision for a TMNT game. Arkham Asylum was a great example -- batman has had many games but they are usually very uninspired, only churned out to make money off the batman name. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were real labors of love and that is what TMNT needs in its game.

What is the likelihood though? :cry:

Chances are beyond unlikely, but thats a great idea. TMNT meets arkham asylum would be too dope!

Zulithe
01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Chances are beyond unlikely, but thats a great idea. TMNT meets arkham asylum would be too dope!

It is a great formula for TMNT, but I don't even care what genre or direction the game is as long as it's made with passion I believe it will be worth playing. if Nick just hands the license to any company that will take it and they make crappy games like what we saw from the 2k3 and 2007 turtle games then we are in for a lot of disappointment

To me those games don't even exit. The only tmnt games even worth mentioning are:

1989 TMNT arcade game (+ ports like the nes version), Manhattan project and Turtles in Time.

Honorable mention to TMNT 1 (nes) for nostalgia reasons but it's a pretty crap game all told.

Irishmile
01-29-2013, 09:53 AM
I really think the only chance we will see a really good tmnt game from this is if travelers tales makes a tmnt Lego game.

Zulithe
01-29-2013, 11:53 AM
I really think the only chance we will see a really good tmnt game from this is if travelers tales makes a tmnt Lego game.
if I could have only one game based on the 2012 show this would be it :P Those LEGO games have been getting better and better! LEGO Batman 2 and LEGO Lord of the Rings show just how far they have come from the first LEGO Star Wars game.

Triceraton Jones
01-29-2013, 03:23 PM
You got to remember that if the game is solidly based on the new series I believe it will be quite a childish game, because they will want the young kids to play it. Hopefully Nickelodeon instead will just ask a good company to make an awesome game based on the Ninja Turtles, like how the new Batman games are not specifically based on a particular TV show or Movie they are just awesome Batman games made because Batman is popular, just like how Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are becoming more popular again.

Shark_Blade
01-29-2013, 11:12 PM
I would love TMNT ala Arkham Asylum!

For the love of God, someone pickup this franchise and make a Godsend tmnt game.

meta ray mek
01-30-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm thinking maybe we'll hear something at ToyFair next month?

Eh, E3 would probably be the best bet for any formal announcement concerning a video game, but that's not until the beginning of June, IIRC. There's also PAX East in March, but I wouldn't hold ones breath for an announcement then.

TheBlueTurtle1
02-13-2013, 08:24 AM
I think a TMNT LEGO game will be annouced soon. I dont think they are working on any movie/tv based games, and with Lego LOTRs game out, they will probs want to promote the new TMNT lego.

chrisdude
02-20-2013, 03:17 PM
I think a TMNT LEGO game will be annouced soon. I dont think they are working on any movie/tv based games, and with Lego LOTRs game out, they will probs want to promote the new TMNT lego.I'd still buy it. Those LEGO games are surprisingly amusing. They're all the same, but amusing.