PDA

View Full Version : IDW Makes Second comic based on the new show

Utromshredderhater
11-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Just checked it in the PREVIEWS book at my comic shop

Jester
11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Ok....we've all known that this was gonna happen. Any specifics?

ToTheNines
11-29-2012, 05:13 PM
He's probably talking about the jerk off screen shot copy and paste trade that's coming out.

CyberCubed
11-29-2012, 05:43 PM
It's not a comic. It's screencaps of the show with word balloons aimed at kids.

Allio
11-29-2012, 06:27 PM
He's probably talking about the jerk off screen shot copy and paste trade that's coming out.

It's not a comic. It's screencaps of the show with word balloons aimed at kids.

are previews even out yet?

TheCanadiandrome
11-29-2012, 06:37 PM
I wanna see proof

Powder
11-29-2012, 07:52 PM
...And here's another 5 star post from Utromshredderhater.

oldmanwinters
11-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Rich's blog was the first place I saw the cover image for the TPB:
http://www.tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/blog/2012/11/tmnt-animated-vol-1-tpb-idw/

chrisdude
11-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Now THAT sounds like easy money. This is like when I found out tater tots were made out of french fry scraps.

Dirty Blond
11-30-2012, 01:43 AM
I was hoping for an original comic based on the Nick series. If that's the case, i will not buy. But, admittedly, I will browse it at my LCS.

Andrew NDB
11-30-2012, 02:34 AM
I don't know anything about this either way but I suspect IDW might follow the Archie formula... you know... first couple/few issues adapt some "key" cartoons to draw the cartoon audience in, then second story arc they start doing new stuff.

Jester
11-30-2012, 02:55 AM
I don't know anything about this either way but I suspect IDW might follow the Archie formula... you know... first couple/few issues adapt some "key" cartoons to draw the cartoon audience in, then second story arc they start doing new stuff.
One can hope, but that may just be me speaking from my Archie bias.

Ninjinister
11-30-2012, 08:57 AM
It is indeed in Previews, and there is pretty much zero information we didn't already know. Not that there was much real information to begin with... it's pretty much one of these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_comic).

Venom
11-30-2012, 09:12 AM

One can hope, but that may just be me speaking from my Archie bias.

C'mon, for guys who frequent the Comic Section, you both should have already known this is not an actual comic. It's more like the screencap storybooks for the 4Kids! series, just longer.

TheCanadiandrome
11-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Rich's blog was the first place I saw the cover image for the TPB:
http://www.tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/blog/2012/11/tmnt-animated-vol-1-tpb-idw/

i want that!

ZariusTwo
11-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Few tie-in comics rarely do break out into their own these days, although the one for Young Justice was vital to the canocity of the show, even that's been cancelled now.

Another Archie-like take would be sublime. Perhaps one day.

Jester
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
C'mon, for guys who frequent the Comic Section, you both should have already known this is not an actual comic. It's more like the screencap storybooks for the 4Kids! series, just longer.
Doesn't stop us from hoping for it, good sir.

CyberCubed
11-30-2012, 09:18 PM
I doubt they will bother. Its easier and cheaper to make comics out of "Screengrabs" then do a full fledged TMNT comic with new art and writers and everything.

I think IDW has its hands full with the main TMNT series, let alone the one-shots and specials, AND all the collections of the old material. I don't see them putting out a full new second TMNT comic series.

Jester
11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
In an age of digital media, where episodes can be downloaded as they air and rewatched whenever a kid wants to, it's be very financially risky to just stick to reproducing those same stories as screengrab comics.

Coola Yagami
11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
I doubt they will bother. Its easier and cheaper to make comics out of "Screengrabs" then do a full fledged TMNT comic with new art and writers and everything.

I think IDW has its hands full with the main TMNT series, let alone the one-shots and specials, AND all the collections of the old material. I don't see them putting out a full new second TMNT comic series.

Could be another creative team working for IDW. I doubt back in the day the same guys that worked on Archie and Jughead were the same guys doing the TMNT and Sonic comics.