PDA

View Full Version : Imagine if you will a TMNT version of Puzzle Game "SwordQuest"

Refractive Reflections
12-06-2012, 02:49 AM
I was reflecting over my old Atari 2600 games in my basement and I rediscovered SwordQuest and I was thinking how cool would it be if there was a TMNT version of SwordQuest. (I was way too young to understand it was a puzzle game, and played it many, many years after the game already came out.) Imagine clues within this TMNT version, where if it was put together correctly, it would invite you to compete in another contest for an EXTREMELY RARE & VALUABLE TMNT collector's item (worth tens of thousands of dollars)...or simply a monetary prize by itself.

If you guys have NO CLUE what SwordQuest was for the Atari 2600, and the massive promotion for it in the early 80s, watch this video summary of it by the Angry Video Game Nerd before reading this post any further to grasp my idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWltQ9UN5vE

So imagine this….a video game that was a combination of the NES TMNT 1 (platform action game, maybe not as difficult) and the “special weapons” (shurikens, boomerangs, and scrolls) and any hidden rooms/battles provided clues along the game's journey. …Basically two games in one.

These clues would point you to anything that was TMNT merchandise related! Comics (Mirage, Image, Archie, IDW), cartoons (1987, 2003, and 2012), live-action series, movies (1990, 1991, 1993, and 2007), action figures, previous TMNT video games, concerts, and even food products. Clues ranging from the more obvious and general (i.e. plot twist or introduction to new characters and their history) to others with the most minute detail (i.e. what voice actor mix-up/animation mistake in one moment of one episode in the 80s toon, to a small drawn item in the corner of one panel within a whole comic book). These “answered” clues can only be submitted once online and with a serial number.

So a video game that not only is entertaining in being just that, but also rewards your TMNT fandom!! LOL, what do you guys think? How dedicated would you be in solving it if they gave a 3-5 month window period before the contest closed? Could this ever be legitimately possible considering how fast information spreads in this Internet Age (unlike in SwordQuest before the Internet)?

While also following this SwordQuest theme, what if this puzzle solving game was actually composed of 4 separate games/contests (instead of SwordQuest’s Earthworld, Fireworld, Waterworld, and Airworld….there would be one game/contest for each Turtle! Maybe the prize could be jewel encrusted weapons for each respective turtle/contest similarly to the jewel encrusted prizes in Swordquest.) ...With an ultimate contest at the end for the four winners!

This is just an idea I’m shooting in the dark and its imaginatively exciting, LOL; who knows if somewhere and sometime it could….ever…be a reality. :roll:

I could see this teaser of a tagline on this game: "You've watched, played, read, and grown up with TMNT, but how much do you really know about TMNT?" :lol:

pannoni1
12-07-2012, 07:36 PM
I'd love to see such an idea pitched to Nickeoldeon to a gaming company for the current generation of gaming. It would really test to see who are truly the most dedicated fans. However I'd make it longer (say a couple sentences) so that it will be tougher to get so many winners (whoever comes closest could also come in play). I wouldn't mind the comics to be continuous with an ongoing story arc as a way to entice readers to dig more into the comics. It would really bid well since we can still enjoy elements of a past TMNT game (1989, some 4kids era games) yet find another reason to let people play. In terms of prizes, I'd make the individual prizes for the four games being each Turtles' weapon made of gold/silver/gemstones, with the grand prize being a golden Ninja Turtles bust along with a complete set of Nick action figures and IDW comics.

Refractive Reflections
12-08-2012, 04:35 AM
It would really bid well since we can still enjoy elements of a past TMNT game (1989, some 4kids era games) yet find another reason to let people play. In terms of prizes, I'd make the individual prizes for the four games being each Turtles' weapon made of gold/silver/gemstones, with the grand prize being a golden Ninja Turtles bust along with a complete set of Nick action figures and IDW comics.

Thanks pannoni1 for your input!

I was thinking over this idea again and I think this idea really has some great potential benefits in that from a business perspective, it would reignite sales of all forms (movies, DVD show sales, comics, figures, etc.) of TMNT merchandise and promotion would be through the roof since not only the TMNT community, but the gaming and general kid/teenage demographic would enticed by the prize as well.

From a cross-generational perspective, it would bond parents and their children with TMNT since they both experienced it, and it would create a fun adventure of sorts between them.

It could lead to this hilarious scene between a father and son:
-------------
Son sees his father immediately bolt out of the room after seeing a "clue" on the contest game and seems him return:
"Dad! WHY are you bringing out that old Nintendo and that sucky first Turtle game?"

The father in passionate anger toward the NES TMNT 1, "I FINALLY have to defeat this game after 20 years if we're gonna solve the clue son!"

Son whines, "Really Dad??? Ugh..."

With the father's eyes bulging out and already playing, "Yes son...it's time to FINALLY settle THIS!"

Meanwhile, his wife walks in the room and notices what's happening. She mumbles under her breath, "Wish he was that passionate about me..."
------------------
ROFL :lol::lol:

Who knows such a contest/game could even rival the popularity of TMNT in its late 80s/early 90s heyday...

LOL, I was also daydreaming about those possible gold/silver jewel-encrusted weapons (katanas, bo, pair of sai, and pair of nunchakus) for the 4 contests. Impractical? Of course, Cool? Undoubtedly, LOL
...if only to see them come into reality... :lol: