PDA

View Full Version : OT ep: Farwell, Lotus Blossom

CyberCubed
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
This is Lotus Blossom's second and final episode in the series.

This is another really fun episode where Shredder tricks Lotus to attacking the Turtles again, but the real great part is when the Japanese warlord gets released from the urn and starts turning NYC back into ancient Japan.

This episode also has some really great lines:

Don: If he's from ancient Japan why does he speak english?

Raphael: Because we couldn't afford subtitles!

And when the Turtles get knocked into the warehouse with records:

Raph: What the heck are these?

Don: These are records, this is what people used to listen to music on before compact discs.

:lol:

Jephael
01-15-2013, 11:24 AM
I always liked that part where Leonardo and Lotus Blossom found The Secret Hideout.

LOTUS: "For a secret hideout, this place doesn't seem to be a well kept secret."
LEONARDO: "I guess they wanted to make sure everybody knew where they could find it!"
LOTUS: "But if it's supposed to be a secret..."
LEONARDO: "It's a joke, Lotus."
LOTUS: "Oh."

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-15-2013, 11:31 AM
This is Lotus Blossom's second and final episode in the series.

This is another really fun episode where Shredder tricks Lotus to attacking the Turtles again, but the real great part is when the Japanese warlord gets released from the urn and starts turning NYC back into ancient Japan.

This episode also has some really great lines:

Don: If he's from ancient Japan why does he speak english?

Raphael: Because we couldn't afford subtitles!

And when the Turtles get knocked into the warehouse with records:

Raph: What the heck are these?

Don: These are records, this is what people used to listen to music on before compact discs.

:lol:

In 1990 (when it first aired), most people still listened to gramophone records or cassette tapes.

Icebot
01-15-2013, 06:03 PM
I liked the part where Bebop and Rocksteady dropped the thing and broke it:

Shredder: And remember, DON'T DROP IT.

Later:

Shredder: Don't tell me you imbeciles dropped it!!!

CyberCubed
01-16-2013, 09:32 PM
It is another classic David Wise episode.

I always laugh of the animation error when Leonardo is going through the onions and then all of a sudden it changes to red bandana colors as he's talking.

Seriously, how do the animators mess something like that up? Leonardo was completely seperate from the other Turtles and right in the previous scene Leo is going through onions...yet when they cut back to him he's in red bandanas. My god.

Coola Yagami
01-16-2013, 09:54 PM
In 1990 (when it first aired), most people still listened to gramophone records or cassette tapes.

I remember around the same time, they aired a Garfield and Friends episode where Jon wanted to buy a record player, and running gag throughout the whole episode was noone knowing what a record was. And again, just like the TMNT episode, it wasn't THAT long ago that CDs replaced records. Hell, they had a record player in the first TMNT movie.

Wildcat
01-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Just recently saw this one on my DVDs. Leo's mask changing color was funny but it happens.

I feel like the warlord escaping and turning the city into ancient Japan could still be used today. Its a pretty cool idea for a villain or similar scenario imo.

Jephael
01-17-2013, 09:46 AM
I always laugh of the animation error when Leonardo is going through the onions and then all of a sudden it changes to red bandana colors as he's talking.

Seriously, how do the animators mess something like that up? Leonardo was completely seperate from the other Turtles and right in the previous scene Leo is going through onions...yet when they cut back to him he's in red bandanas. My god.

Maybe the animators were all bitter for some reason and they made those animation errors on purpose to get even.

shreddinghead
01-17-2013, 09:51 AM
It is another classic David Wise episode.

Just recently saw this one on my DVDs. Leo's mask changing color was funny but it happens.

The animation errors is the only really bad thing i can think of when it comes to the FW series.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-17-2013, 10:42 AM
I remember around the same time, they aired a Garfield and Friends episode where Jon wanted to buy a record player, and running gag throughout the whole episode was noone knowing what a record was. And again, just like the TMNT episode, it wasn't THAT long ago that CDs replaced records. Hell, they had a record player in the first TMNT movie.

I'm pretty sure I didn't know what a CD was until late 1992.