PDA

View Full Version : Battle Nexus

Jephael
01-29-2013, 10:10 AM
I know not everyone enjoyed this game, but I always loved it. The double jump took some trial and error when I first played it, and I still have a hard time picking up items, but all in all, I still love to play it!

ToTheNines
01-29-2013, 11:42 AM
It's a cool game if you're a fan of the show. The CGI cut scenes were really fun, and the Slahurr stuff was an interesting alternate take on the storyline.

But the camera is awful, and I'll never get over that idiotic shared health bar. My cousins and I have got in so many fights over that. Plus tournament mode was way too hard.

Icebot
02-05-2013, 05:58 PM
This was the best Game Cube game. I wish they used the map in TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare also. I agree about the shared health bar. I think every turtle should have their own health bar.

It's cool that you get to play as Karai and Slashuur.

ToTheNines
02-05-2013, 06:06 PM
It's cool that you get to play as Karai and Slashuur.

Yeah that was very cool, except you couldn't mix the teams. As in, Raph and Casey couldn't team up, same for Don and Splinter, etc.

tmntpower1988
02-06-2013, 02:04 PM
I love Battle Nexus due to all the different characters in it Leatherhead, Traximus etc (just a pity you couldn't play as them). I also liked the way the game included the TMNT arcade game, though I was a bit disappointed that the original music and sounds were taken out :ohwell: I liked playing as Splinter in the hoverboard missions "Yes! I'll take them all!" :lol:

shuriken
02-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Game was really fun with a buddy,really tedious and mind numbing alone. The Open Brawl, Monster brawl, Foot Fight and Battle Nexus were all pretty cool too. I liked it better than Mutant Nightmare, even if the camera and multiplayer were a bit better.

chrisdude
02-26-2013, 10:25 PM
I just have the Game Boy Advance version. I've never beat it.I just can't find all the crystals...

pannoni1
03-02-2013, 03:49 PM
With five different versions available (GBA, Gamecube, PC, PS2, and XBOX), it was a lot more varied compared to the games of the '90s with only two/three versions on most. That said, the PC version is the least popular and lowest-rated and the Gamecube (great time to buy games from this era before they become vintage in a few years!) is the best, including scenes that never appeared in the cartoon along with great graphics for its time. The controls do take a little used to, but that's part of the challenge. That said, I would play the 2003 game before moving on to Battle Nexus for the sake of continuity.

the fixer
03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
I just have the Game Boy Advance version. I've never beat it.I just can't find all the crystals...

That GBA version is AWESOME! I love how you have to search for your weapon in each mission. An original touch.
Finding all crystals was a pain sometimes though...

I FINALLY finished the game with all the crystals a few summers ago during our vacation in France. Spent hours indoors playing that dang game.
Girlfriend was not amused though... :toops:

shuriken
03-07-2013, 03:39 PM
^^ I bet.
I liked the Gameboy game. But after having to through about half a mission without anything other than a weak ass shuriken (yeayahh) sh*t got annoying. I completed it with all the crystals and did most of the battles and races. Pretty fun game overall.

Ninja Tiptup
03-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I recently busted this baby out to play with a friend and I was reminded what I really didn't like about it.

Platforming.

Co-op platforming is the true mutant nightmare.

The shared health bar was bad but co-op platforming with that camera is by far the most frustrating part of that game.

No wonder I had to beat it single player back then because nobody else wanted to play it.

2 player platforming was hard enough but if you actually tried 4 player... good grief what were they thinking?

New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers similar annoyances but that game's controls make it managable while Battle Nexus gives you awkward jumping mechanics so mis-judging a jump is very easy to do.

The combo system was also pretty bad early on but eventually it got smoother.

Otherwise it had a great mix of the 2003 series story with some original elements and was the first TMNT game on a console that offered 4 player co-op. I preferred Mutant Nightmare but it was a decent game with some neat features. They just shouldn't have had so much dang platforming in a co-op beat 'em up. What were they thinking?

arizvega
03-07-2013, 06:20 PM
THIS GAME ROCKS!!:D:D:tcool::tcool: