PDA

View Full Version : New TMNT Video Games are on the horizon!

PhatRam32
02-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Check the article out: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=19914

Great news as a deal was made to produce and create upcoming video games based on the new cgi series. Wahoo!

NinjaMan
02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Saw this on the unofficial tmnt page. First one due this summee

PhatRam32
02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/389897/activision-signs-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-games-deal/

here is another link that confirms what you said ninja. Can't wait. Hopefully we get a priview at E3 or sooner!

NinjaMan
02-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the link

Zulithe
02-07-2013, 12:02 PM
"From the creators of Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse, comes..." Oh, God!
Well we'll see. Activision has a lot of studios. Some have better records than others. But I'll still take a halfway decent game over no game at all :) Let's hope for the best.

LeoNerdo
02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm kinda iffy on Activision, but it could be worse. We'll see how it turns out.

Donatello19
02-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Wait a minute, activision? Activison makes skylanders, this is going to be great!

Zulithe
02-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Wait a minute, activision? Activison makes skylanders, this is going to be great!

That is one of their better series, yeah. I think we should look at their licensed games not their original stuff. But I like your optimism :P

ToTheNines
02-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Out this summer, eh? Hopefully it's its own story taking place between season 1 and 2 rather than a remixed season 1.

Cool to finally here something though, the silence was getting ridiculous.

CyberCubed
02-07-2013, 12:35 PM
It's probably going to be 3DS and IPhone games first.

They can't get an HD game out on PS3, 360, or Wii U out so fast.

whitefox360
02-07-2013, 12:36 PM
I know it's posted at news sites all over the web as new because they issued a formal press release, and im not complaining about anyones post or anything stupid like that, but...

Wasnt this announced at toyfair a year before the toys and cartoon even came out? I swear to god, there was a 6 ft tall cardboard display thing with bullet points that said nick ordered three seasons, there was a movie in development, playmates would make the toys and activision was making a game.

It was REAL I TELL YOU!!!!

Shark_Blade
02-07-2013, 12:38 PM
I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Merely developer just won't do it.

We got Ubisoft for TMNT 2007 but then it was... mediocre to say the least. So even a renown developer doesn't mean it'll instantly be a good game.

ToTheNines
02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
They can't get an HD game out on PS3, 360, or Wii U out so fast.

Just because they announced it recently doesn't mean they just started working on it. We know they've had the license for a long ass time, so they could have started on it in 2012.

CyberCubed
02-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I hope it's in 2D. I'd rather not a repeat of the 2k3 series where the GBA games were better than the console ones.

I am still kinda sad they never made a game for Fast Foward.

LH
02-07-2013, 01:18 PM

That's what I am thinking as well! I can't wait to play it! :tgrin:

ctt4lfecw
02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Cool, they made Tony Hawk games. I loved Underground.

BMo
02-07-2013, 02:07 PM
This is sad to hear. Activisions licensed games suck....sad day

MikeandRaph87
02-07-2013, 03:05 PM
I just saw the breaking news and logged in to report it. 3 games garanteed? Wow!

http://m.joystiq.com/2013/02/07/activision-and-nickelodeon-team-up-for-3-tmnt-games/

Ninjinister
02-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Guys, Activision publishes games these days. They hardly make s**t at all.

Wait until you see the developer before you start throwing our your kudos and/or poop.

Also: we've known since what, last E3 that Activision was publishing? There are only two new nuggets of information here:

They're planning for three games
The first one will be out in the summer

TheBlueTurtle1
02-07-2013, 03:17 PM
O man, the best 3 game they could do are....

Classic acrade side scroller, based on the NickTMNT world. It would be awesome coming to the end of a level, and fighting, Snakeweed or Dogpound etc. 4 Player online co-op.

Streetfighter/Capcom beat um up. Just think Marvel vs Capcom but TMNT.

Action aventure style based on the Nick world. Think X-men legens/ Marvel Ultimate alliance. 4 player co-op.

They can not fail if they do this.

Allio
02-07-2013, 03:26 PM
What I would like to see is a TMNT game with its own story... you know, its own Shredder and utroms and stuff... that way the developers aren't held back by nick's series..

honestly I'd like a free roam kind of rpg, but only because I think it would be awesome to jump around the roof tops like it is swinging through the cities in Spiderman games

heck a dlc pack could be where you could change costumes of the Turtles and make them look like either Mirage/87/03/nick turtles

but we will just have to see

Yorae
02-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Oooh, goody goody! Best news all day :)

I would LOVE to see a platformer in the style of the Klonoa platformer games, where the backgrounds are 3D but the controls are kinda 2D. And yes, an original story would be prefered!

As for my personal wish, it would be for a TMNT RPG. (don't think it'll ever happen though)

snake
02-07-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm going to throw poop if these are fake.

BMo
02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Guys, Activision publishes games these days. They hardly make s**t at all.

Wait until you see the developer before you start throwing our your kudos and/or poop.

Their list of studios for licensed products seems to be Terminal Reality, High Moon Studios, and Heavy Iron. Unless I am missing one (which I doubt since I can't remember the last good Activision game, let alone the last good licensed Activision game) I don't see much hope of them suddenly releasing some amazing title.

NinjaMan
02-07-2013, 05:00 PM
O man, the best 3 game they could do are....

Classic acrade side scroller, based on the NickTMNT world. It would be awesome coming to the end of a level, and fighting, Snakeweed or Dogpound etc. 4 Player online co-op.

Action aventure style based on the Nick world. Think X-men legens/ Marvel Ultimate alliance. 4 player co-op.

They can not fail if they do this.

Co-op would be awesome. Me and my daughter will play the heck out of these games

OrokuYoshiFilms
02-07-2013, 05:31 PM
I know this idea has been done a few times but I would love to see something like this:

http://i46.tinypic.com/30u8mlx.jpg

OrokuYoshiFilms
02-07-2013, 05:35 PM
^^^^^

I can just imagine attacks from your kart. Power-ups! Mini Games...! *sigh* man I hope they make this game

snake
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
:teek:
We NEED that game, even if it's a Mario cart clone.

OrokuYoshiFilms
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
:teek:
We NEED that game, even if it's a Mario cart clone.

I just downloaded Little Big Planet Karting and I gotta say it's more than a Mario Kart clone.....it's actually a pretty great game. It just expands on the nuances of the LBP world in ways Mario can't. So I figure TMNT can DEFINITELY put their own spin on it......I would play it furiously...

Cure
02-07-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm going to throw poop if these are fake.

It's in a press release, dummy.

Irishmile
02-07-2013, 07:15 PM
There is probably NO way these games will be nothing more than shovelware.

The BEST we can hope for is that it will at least be as good as their Spiderman Games.... But even then they are pretty forgettable.

CyberCubed
02-07-2013, 09:35 PM
They will likely be mediocre, but it depends what type of game it is too.

bmxbandit
02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
would love if the game would drop us in an open world new york with similar parkour style to that of assassin's creed. half the fun would come just tearing roof top to roof top through the city.

snake
02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
It's in a press release, dummy.

I was joking:roll:

I Crave Pizza No More
02-07-2013, 11:14 PM

Ugh, not so sure I agree. Skylanders was mediocre, but mostly it was brilliant marketing and a clever money grab. Certainly it wasn't worth $200 or so to play with all the different characters.

I wouldn't be unhappy with a Skylanders type TMNT game, but I also feel like it's time to try something new. The last round of Konami beat em ups were decent, but I'd like to see something more ambitious.

TheCanadiandrome
02-08-2013, 01:56 AM
This could be good! Can't wait for more news and info

Topsu
02-08-2013, 03:30 AM
Too bad High Moon is working on Deadpool, I really enjoyed their Transformers games. They could've made a decent TMNT-game too...

tmntpower1988
02-08-2013, 08:13 AM
I look forward to the games. The users on Gamespot are bashing the games and they aren't even released yet. They are also bashing the new CGI show saying stuff like "Just let the Turtles die already. They have been through enough, with reboots and redesigns". I don't like that Gamespot crowd, they're always moaning about everything.

Redeemer
02-08-2013, 10:13 AM
In all honesty I am simply just not that optomistic about the games simply bc of the lack of respect TMNT gets.....I hoping the game is a huge hit, but I guess we will have to wait for previews....

BMo
02-08-2013, 12:52 PM
I look forward to the games. The users on Gamespot are bashing the games and they aren't even released yet. They are also bashing the new CGI show saying stuff like "Just let the Turtles die already. They have been through enough, with reboots and redesigns". I don't like that Gamespot crowd, they're always moaning about everything.

Because people on this forum are soooo much better and just happy about everything :lol:

tmntpower1988
02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Because people on this forum are soooo much better and just happy about everything :lol:

It's the same on any forum/site you get complainers everywhere haha

BMo
02-08-2013, 02:27 PM
It's the same on any forum/site you get complainers everywhere haha

Couldn't agree more :D

miru
02-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Considering that the 80's and 90's turtles games had elements of the OT, Archie Comics, Movies, and even made up their own original stuff, is there a chance Alopex will be in these?

NinjaMan
02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Considering that the 80's and 90's turtles games had elements of the OT, Archie Comics, Movies, and even made up their own original stuff, is there a chance Alopex will be in these?

Not a chance this is based on the nick show

MutagenJosh
02-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Holy deep blue shell.. This is epic. I have been wondering when the new games were gonna come out, And now they are. They have ALOT of faith in this series.. BOOYAKASHA! :tgrin:

Powder
02-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Happy to know we're just a few months away from some turley goodness! I hope that I don't have to go out & buy a Wii-U just for this, though (but I will if I have to! Lol).
Here's hoping for a dope ass sidescroller on 3ds, too.

Dude you've GOT to be kidding...

CyberCubed
02-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Could one of them be a Lego TMNT game?

Powder
02-08-2013, 11:26 PM
I would expect that later down the line, personally.

pannoni1
02-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Definitely at the right time for announcement right before the Toy Fair! We'll probably get to hear more from the Nick voice actors unlike in the old days. I hope there is a tough 100% completion requirement along with original story lines that are continuous with the TV series. With so much memory in today's gaming, a good 5-8 hour game length would work best, plus these games can take advantage of the new 8th generation of games. Online games and apps have pretty much replaced handhelds, so these games look to be console. While some of us may prefer the classics, this opens up a whole new generation of kids enjoying TMNT video games.

NinjaMan
02-09-2013, 12:08 AM
I hope there is local and online co-op.

Longview01
02-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Their list of studios for licensed products seems to be Terminal Reality, High Moon Studios, and Heavy Iron. Unless I am missing one (which I doubt since I can't remember the last good Activision game, let alone the last good licensed Activision game) I don't see much hope of them suddenly releasing some amazing title.

I don't know, the Cybertron Transformer games were pretty sweet

Forneus
02-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Activision?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/74bf0ff329e946727efb690690872d1b/tumblr_mhhtwju7LH1s200lko1_400.gif

rpd123
02-09-2013, 10:18 PM
I saw this and I'm pretty excited. Activision is hit or miss, it depends on the team developing it. High Moon Studios did a great job with the Transformers games, but I doubt they'll be developing it.

Coola Yagami
02-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Not holding my breath on this one. Time will tell if they can outdo Konami.

prophecy718
02-11-2013, 07:47 AM
sounds like its gonna be a downloadable game you get off psn/xbla

I wont expect much

The Stryker
02-11-2013, 07:50 AM

I wont expect much

Except that XBLA and PSN games lately have been fantastic. Last year games on that service outdid a ton of disc releases.

It's beyond stupid to still say "XBLA=Low quality".

prophecy718
02-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Except that XBLA and PSN games lately have been fantastic. Last year games on that service outdid a ton of disc releases.

It's beyond stupid to still say "XBLA=Low quality".

now i never really did say that, did I?

Zulithe
02-11-2013, 08:00 AM
still bummed i'll never get to own turtles in time re-shelled! It may have been an underwhelming remake for a lot of people, but still it was probably the best TMNT game released in years.

5XIdm22lPUc

Anyway I've been going back and replaying the turtles arcade games... the ACTUAL arcade versions in MAME. The nes version had longer levels and more bosses but the actual arcade version looks way nicer.

Konchadunga
02-11-2013, 02:11 PM

Street Fighter and Marvel Vs Capcom aren't "beat-em-ups"; they're tournament fighters. Beat-em-ups are the type of games where you fight a bunch of guys in a moving level; what you called "arcade scrollers."

Ninjinister
02-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Street Fighter and Marvel Vs Capcom aren't "beat-em-ups"; they're tournament fighters. Beat-em-ups are the type of games where you fight a bunch of guys in a moving level; what you called "arcade scrollers."

THANK YOU.

I'm tired of having to be the one to make that correction.

Forneus
02-11-2013, 03:42 PM
A TMNT fighting game would be a dream come true for me. I'm a massive fan of SSFIV:AE/UMvC3/SFXT2013/TTT2. Make every major player from the new toon into a characters in 2.5D fighting and freaking heaven man! HEAAAVEN!

I'd also absolutely love a stylish action game by Platinum Games or seeing Rocksteady take a go at at with a Batman:AC type game.

rpd123
02-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I've heard rumors that it'll be made by the same people who made the last Spider-Man game, which was surprisingly good.

Forneus
02-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Beenox? I can possibly dig it. We'll see.

rpd123
02-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Beenox? I can possibly dig it. We'll see.

Yeah, but again, just rumors. I forget where I saw it, I've been looking for the article. Regardless I'm excited for a new TMNT game.

Spitfire
02-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Eh the game wasn't that good. A lot of people made excuses for it because it was Beenox's first open world game but for an open world game it was pretty sparse. Spider-man 2 had more to do in it, a better movement system, and honestly was more fun. Let's not forget that Edge of Time was garbage. I did like Shattered Dimensions though and I'd take a TMNT game like that. If they learn their lessons from ASM and listen to the criticisms they have the makings of a great open world game they just need to add more substance and give the player more control over the swinging. Not sure how this applies to TMNT but they can do good third person brawler action so there's that. I wouldn't argue with an open world TMNT game and if they add some more depth to the stealth system from ASM it could make for a fun ninja like experience.

rpd123
02-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I agree Spider-man 2 had a lot more to do and was more fun overall. I wasn't expecting much from the most recent one from Beenox, so I was pleasantly surprised. I liked Shattered Dimensions, but steered clear of Edge of Time because of all the bad reviews it got.

I'd be cool with a Shattered Dimensions type TMNT game. I could see that being really cool, with all the different incarnations of the Turtles. But this game is based on the tv series, so that's not happening. Looking over Activisions current studios, Beenox is a good bet, as is Raven Software, who made the X-Men Legends games. The rest already have stuff going on or are Call of Duty developers.

NinjaMan
02-16-2013, 01:11 PM

I wont expect much

What makes you say they'll be downloadable off PSN/XBLA?

snake
02-16-2013, 11:31 PM
After seeing the new episode, just imagine what the shellrasier driving will be like :toops:

Shark_Blade
02-18-2013, 03:40 AM
Or the Go-Karts.

We should have a TMNT-Allstar Racing or TMNT-Kart game. :P

TheBlueTurtle1
02-19-2013, 02:32 AM
A TMNT fighting game would be a dream come true for me. I'm a massive fan of SSFIV:AE/UMvC3/SFXT2013/TTT2. Make every major player from the new toon into a characters in 2.5D fighting and freaking heaven man! HEAAAVEN!

I'd also absolutely love a stylish action game by Platinum Games or seeing Rocksteady take a go at at with a Batman:AC type game.

It would be so cool, mvc style tmnt game, which has every chracter from past to present, just think, Rocksteady vs Snakeweed, 80s Krang vs Nick Don etc, the mix would be insane.

It would need to be done with the same quality level as sf4/ Marvel vs capcom. Not the smash bros rip off, that was so thin.

TheBlueTurtle1
02-19-2013, 02:33 AM
Or the Go-Karts.

We should have a TMNT-Allstar Racing or TMNT-Kart game. :P

LOL, that would be pritty cool. Even better if they use a mix era roster!

shihe
02-20-2013, 09:16 AM
It would be so cool, mvc style tmnt game, which has every chracter from past to present, just think, Rocksteady vs Snakeweed, 80s Krang vs Nick Don etc, the mix would be insane.

It would need to be done with the same quality level as sf4/ Marvel vs capcom. Not the smash bros rip off, that was so thin.

I actually enjoy the smash bros rip off more than MvC or SFIV.
I know I did sit down and play it often, and it's just more appealing to me.

-

If they're going to do a TMNT fighter, I'd suggest looking for less spammy (especially assist-spammy) fighters for inspiration.

TheCanadiandrome
02-20-2013, 02:14 PM
i'll take whatever they release

chrisdude
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
I'd like to see an open-world game with a loose story, like the Spider-Man games. Running on the rooftops on "patrol," looking for trouble. Maybe some element where if you're spotted by humans, you get a wanted level and have to escape, like GTA.

But, honestly, I'd take another 2.5D beat 'em up. If it's as least as good at TMNT for GBA, I'll be happy.

Donatello19
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Remember guys, they're making this game for kids, so if I were you, I'd lower my expectations. For all we know it could just be a mini game collection.

Zulithe
02-21-2013, 02:43 AM
No interested in a karting game, and hope they don't do a fighter... I never buy those, and we've had some pretty high-profile fighter FLOPS in recent years (most recently: playstation all-stars)

I agree the game is going to be kid friendly so it probably won't be GTA-style or even arkham asylum/city style. I'd like to see them push into these sorts of areas but I'm not expecting it.

An easy solution is for them to just go back, look at the original TMNT: Arcade Game, Manhattan Project and Turtles in Time and do a modern version of that. When people think turtles games these are what come to mind, and there haven't been any high-profile games done in this format in a while. It's a genre of games that is begging to be innovated and expanded. I've said multiple times that what Square did with its PS2 game "The Bouncer" was an interesting experiment with the beat-em-up genre and I'd like to see the new TMNT game be something kinda like that.

Oh and it better be on PS4 because that thing is a BEAST

(PS. LEGO TMNT for life. make it happen)

Ninjinister
02-21-2013, 02:49 PM
No interested in a karting game, and hope they don't do a fighter... I never buy those, and we've had some pretty high-profile fighter FLOPS in recent years (most recently: playstation all-stars)

Street Fighter X Tekken was really the only high-profile fighting game as of late that undersold by a wide enough margin to call it a failure. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale actually sold a lot MORE than anyone expected, considering it was notoriously low budget.

JoshDA7X
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm hoping for a Lego TMNT game in honesty. At the least if its a bit too childish it will be ok as its Lego. I did actually enjoy the TMNT game from the 2007 movie though.

I'll likely buy it regardless!

Vi11AiN6
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Lego TMNT HAS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!

Also Activision does Skylanders and did the Wolverine Origins game and both are really good.

I can't wait for what's in store..

ryukenden
02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
A free roaming stealth-based game would sound cool. Having its own story with shades of grey would get me interested.

Vi11AiN6
03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Too Bad it's based of the cartoon and not IDW :tmad:

CyberCubed
03-02-2013, 10:21 AM
When have video games EVER been based on the comics? They're always based on whatever cartoon is airing at the time.

rpd123
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Saw this.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a463090/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-announced-trailer.html

Looks alright, but Red Fly Studios made Thor: God of Thunder which wasn't all that great. Plus the fact that it's an arcade game worries me.

TheCanadiandrome
03-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Saw this.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a463090/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-announced-trailer.html

Looks alright, but Red Fly Studios made Thor: God of Thunder which wasn't all that great. Plus the fact that it's an arcade game worries me.
Sweet! Me want! Just gotta decide which system though

NinjaMan
03-05-2013, 12:00 AM

I'd love to team with you on PS3 if you get it.

TheCanadiandrome
03-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Yeah that'd be cool! My PSN is Big_Evil_Donut

NinjaMan
03-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Yeah that'd be cool! My PSN is Big_Evil_Donut

I'll send you a friend request this week, mine is Enop80.

rpd123
03-05-2013, 02:03 PM

Looks pretty cool. I think I'm getting it on PS3, my 360 is slowly failing and I don't want to deal with that.

liugeaux
03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Looks ok, but that art design is a nightmare.

ctt4lfecw
03-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Too Bad it's based of the cartoon and not IDW :tmad:

Amen brotha

rpd123
03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Looks ok, but that art design is a nightmare.

It's definitely not an award winning game. I'm not big on the art style but I like it better than the show's style. Not that the show has a bad design.

TheCanadiandrome
03-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Looks pretty cool. I think I'm getting it on PS3, my 360 is slowly failing and I don't want to deal with that.

Yeah I might get it on PS3, got no TMNT on there