Subway Tunnels
Donatello – TheSmartOne
Raphael - Jester
Leatherhead - Leatherhead (2012)
April & Karai - 19thCenturyGhost

The Lair
Leo & Splinter - BubblyShell22
Mystery fish things with red lights >D
Army o' Foot Ninjas - NPC's. Free for everyone to control.

Missin' in Action (For now)
Michelangelo - Snakeweed101

------
Post Order:

TheSmartOne
Jester
Leatherhead
19thCenturyGhost
BubblyShell22

Snakeweed101 (To be given a place on the Post Order when the intro's up, so post whenever you're ready)

This is to keep things moving along and to give everyone a chance to get a post down without the roleplay moving too far ahead of them. It'll go in order of posted intros. When your turn rolls around, you'll have two days to get in your reply. If you don't have a chance, the next person can go ahead and post. I figure that's about enough time to keep things moving relatively quickly, while still accounting for the work/school etc. If you guys don't like the idea of a post order, then feel free to PM me. This thing isn't set in stone ;) I just thought it would be an ideal way to give everyone a turn, without going 1984 on you all XD
Bold and red means it's that person's turn. I might not always have a chance to update that, so the board wins over me.

-----------
The Low Down

That title is terrible and has nothing to do with anything, but oh well....
It's been a while since I've done some good old fashioned roleplaying, and I got to admit, the RPG board has been lookin' preeeetty good for a while. Since most of the other boards seem to be set in the 87' universe, I thought I'd do things a little different and make this based on the 2012 version, because this is how bad my geeking out has gotten and why the hell not xD.
So, some quick rules:

1- Know how to English (HAHAHAA, yeah I'm not funny.) Typo's happen and grammar can be tricky sometimes, but they shouldn't litter your posts. Remember, there's a big difference between someone getting hit with a Bug, and someone getting hit with a Bus :D

2- Follow the three N's. No Godmodin', No Powerplayin' and No Complainin' ;) I'm not a mean gal. On a scale of one to ten, I'm rate about a 1.3, right there between pencil eraser and marshmellow. So let's keep things cool and have fun 8D

3- Ask to join and list the character you want. I'm stealing Donnie >__> not that that's a surprise *COUGHHack*

4- No originals, for now. I know the 2012 cast is kind of limited, but I'm usually kind of hesitant about allowing original characters when roleplaying fandoms. Those who decide to jump on this boat and take up a canon character miiiiiight get the option to use an original character later on. Maybe...we'll see.

Setting
The Sewers, maybe a good ten minute walk from the lair. New York's been getting some major rain for the last few days, disrupting daily life in the lair. There have been multiple power outages, some damaged electronics and even a few flash floods. The only one who seems happy with all the extra water is the tree in the training dojo.

Jester
03-01-2013, 01:42 AM
A RPG with only a canon cast! Yea!

Can I be Sean Astin...er....Raphael?

TheSmartOne
03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
(8D Hell yeah, How can I say no to Raph? I'll get an intro in the works and update it to this post when I'm done. It's not going to be long, but I've got a few errands to run here and there, so that's going to keep me from being prompt >_>)

snake
03-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Can I be Mikey?

TheSmartOne
03-01-2013, 10:17 PM
(xD But of course. And nfahefa I got distracted today. I'll get something going tomorrow when I get home from my art class. My bad, guys)

Lethal Lullaby
03-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Oooh. Could I be April? :)

LH
03-02-2013, 01:05 PM
If you need a Leatherhead, I'm your gator! :tsmile:

TheSmartOne
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
(Hahha, Donnie would kill me if I said no to April. He'd also kill me if I said yes to Leatherhead, but Leatherhead gets so many points of awesome, so he's overruled XDDD. ALSO, I HAVE INTRO FOR YOU GUYS! It turned out a little longer then I expected. My bad. Um, I figure that the Impromptu Flood Control Team will probably be Mikey, Raph and April. We'll say that Leo's helping Splinter salvage stuff in the lair. Leatherhead can jump in from anywhere ;) >_> I have no direct cause for the flood as of yet, so it could be innocent or it could be sinister >D We'll seeeeee~
For obvious reasons, this will be pre-TCRI. Unless you have a good way of getting Leatherhead back, in which case, it would be interesting ;).)

There was no better way to judge the quality of your day, then by calculating the amount of time you spent standing in sewage. You could take his word as a scientist on that one. You just take the number of inches of sewer water, multiplied by the number of hours spent standing in said sewer water, add in the optional morning wake up call (an unpleasant 4 AM bath of, you guessed it, sewer water) and divide the entire equation by 3.5. The results should give you a number on a scale of one to ten. Donatello had a 21.7.
The facts were in, the data was solid:
Today officially sucked.

Not that it should have come as a surprise. It was the third such day of suck, out of what was so far proving to be a week of bad turtle luck. Someone up there seemed intent on drowning the Big Apple in a deluge of rain, and while life on the surface braved the storm with all the apathetic tenacity of your standard New Yorker, life in the sewer was made all the more difficult. Three black outs, one mini flood and lots of damaged and waterlogged furniture had Donnie working overtime to keep the lair from becoming a....well, a sewer. But while Donnie could handle electrical malfunctions and rebuilding the old television with ease, there was one thing he was honestly at a loss at. And that was the water. 12 inches of water to be exact, currently swirling around his knees and turning a simple walk down the old subway maintenance tunnels into an olympic sport. Along he trudged, pulling a bizarre balancing act with a map in one hand and a flashlight in the other, the sulpher yellow beam dancing about in the pitch dark of the tunnel. Every so often, he studied the swirling water between his feet, watching it as if its mere presence puzzled him.
It was more water then Donnie had expected to see, even with the bad weather raging on above their heads. The abandoned subway tunnels where they made their home should have been equipped against flooding, with runoff's and storm drains redirecting the worst of the storm away from the lair. But with the water rising every so slowly (albeit, at a snail's pace), Donnie was starting to suspect some clog in the system.

“Alright, we should be close. Keep an eye out for any signs that say 'Maintenance'.” Donnie said, checking on his impromptu flood control crew. “If something's keeping the water from draining out, that's probably the place we're going to find it.”

(Alright guys, let's get this party on the road! Get your posts up whenever you have them.)

Jester
03-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Raphael wearily rubbed his eyes. His cold water wake up call at 4 A.M. left him feeling spent and well....cold.

"Couldn't we just...you know...move, Donnie? I mean New York is a big city, there are tons of abandoned subway tunnels. We could move to higher ground or something."

Raph's flashlight danced across the walls of the tunnel. He was able to make out "AINTEN" in it's glow.

"...but if you're intent on being all 'Mr. Fix-it,' we should go this way."

As Raph took the point, leading the way toward the maintenance tunnel, he noticed that the water level was continuing to rise.

"Looks like we gotta swim from here, Donnie. I hope you got us covered, because we may be turtles, but I'm betting it's gonna be one heck of a swim."

LH
03-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Leatherhead was quickly swimming through the sewers. He was awakened at around 4 A.M. by a rush of water that struck him while he was sleeping. After thrashing around his home, he had calmed down enough to gather his thoughts.

"Something is wrong.. these tunnels are never this flooded"

Leatherhead continued to swim through the flooded tunnels. He went up for air and continued to survey the area.

"I recognize this area. These tunnels are used by humans for maintnence."

Suddenly, Leatherhead heard some familiar voices coming from nearby...

"My friends!"

Leatherhead quickly swam towards the voices of his friends, the turtles.

TheSmartOne
03-02-2013, 11:36 PM
( ;) just so you know, the water isn't quite deep. It's only about a foot, so roughly knee level for the turtles and April. My bad. Though Raph raised a good point about the block being underwater, so we shall keep that :D actually, I have an idea for what's causing the block, if you guys are up for some foot Ninja action a little later on >D
I can double as either Dogpound or Fishface. Anyone want a second char? Pick your favourite, I'll go with the second. We won't need them right away, but I got a plan to write them in when the time comes)

BubblyShell22
03-03-2013, 09:14 AM
(I'd love to be on board for this. I'd like to play Leo and Splinter. You can't leave them out, you know.)

DonatelloNinja82
03-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Do you have a Leo yet? I will be him if you need one!

Oops, just saw bubbly's post, sorry! Nevermind!

TheSmartOne
03-03-2013, 11:19 AM
(Yes! The boys would probably be in serious trouble without their fearless leader XD Leo can join in, get a post down whenever you have a chance and if you want to work Splinter in, all the better!

D: and sorry Donattelloninja. You're welcome to jump in as anyone else? I could use some evil minions. We got Dogpound, Fishface or Mr. king of evil Shredder open for play. Otherwise we could always use an army of foot ninjas >D I was going to npc those, but if your up for causing mayhem, that honor can be yours!)

Lethal Lullaby
03-03-2013, 11:48 AM
April followed behind them in the foot deep water. She decided to take off her boots so she could walk through the water with a little more ease. She knew she could have stayed up on the surface, but there was no way she was going to let the turtles have all the excitement by themselves.

She crossed her arms when she heard they had to swim to get to the block. "Easy for you to say. You guys are part turtle. I can only hold my breathe for so long." April noted.

"Does this mean I have to go back?" April asked, though she wished she could help her friends in some way.

(That look okay for now? Oh and do we need a Karai? :tgrin: )

TheSmartOne
03-03-2013, 02:11 PM
(Karai would be awesome *_*anyways, don't worry about the doubling just yet. I realized that I sort of wrote myself into a corner, so the foot attack won't happen immediately. We'll have the characters interact for a little and when we get there we get there ;) I'm at work now, but I'll update our player list when I get home.
Btw you guys are awesome, I'm so excited for this :D)

BubblyShell22
03-03-2013, 05:02 PM
(I have a question before I start my posting. Is the flood in the Lair itself, too, or just outside in the sewers?)

TheSmartOne
03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
(lair and most of the surrounding subway tunnels. When I say flooded, it's probably a little worse (We'll go ahead and give it a concrete measurement and say it's about a foot and a half of water) in the lair, then the tunnel that everyone's in now. But it's no immediate danger. It's just cold, the powers out, lots of stuff has been ruined and if the weather stays bad for another week, they'd probably find themselves flooded out.
Because miserable circumstances are fun xD. To borrow a line from Leo, I'm sort of just making this up as I go along ^^; )

BubblyShell22
03-04-2013, 09:02 AM
(Ah, I see. Thanks.)

Leonardo sighed as he shone his flashlight around the Lair. He was helping Splinter to salvage anything that they could find to save from the terrible flood. If it had been anything else, Leo would have been able to fix it, but this was Nature's fault and not something that could be helped.

"Sensei, have you found anything else?" he asked.

"I think the best thing we can do is take what we can carry," Splinter replied. "I do not know if we will have to relocate or not."

"There has to be a way to get rid of this water," Leo replied.

"I am afraid there is no way we can," Splinter told him. "We will just have to continue scavenging."

"Well, we definitely need to take the TV," Leo declared. There was no way he was going to miss Space Heroes.

"We will take what we can," Splinter said firmly. "If we cannot take the television, then we can replace it."

TheSmartOne
03-04-2013, 05:53 PM
(I went a little OCD on the rule post and rearranged things for better clarity. From now on I'll use the first post for any really important stuff I feel you guys should know. Since it's right there and the first thing that loads on the page. The post order thing is to be implemented as of now. Aaand this will hopefully be the last time I interrupt everything to give out of character info. Anyways, don't worry about the fact that we got two different locations. I got a plan to get everyone together relatively quickly. Speaking of plans, if anyone has ideas or plots or doesn't like something, as always, feel free to let me know :) )

TheSmartOne
03-09-2013, 10:31 PM
“Move? Are you crazy?” Donnie said, giving his older brother a look as if Raph had just suggested they take a trip to the moon. “Do you have any idea how much work that would involve? We'd have to get everything out of the lair, fix it all, completely rewire our electrical grid-” Donnie paused. He'd pretty much described his 'after we get the water to stop flooding the lair' to-do list.
“Or, we could just move.” He conceded. Heck, at this point, the whole lair was pretty much a do-over. They were going to have a looot of cleaning up to do when the watery insanity died down. But while Raph did raise a perfectly logical point (Go figure), Donnie still wasn't convinced. Sewer or not, home was home. And if the problem was as simple as he thought it was, then he wasn't ready to give up on it just yet.
“Look, we're already here so we might as well check things out. I'm sure some old cardboard boxes just got caught over the grates or something”

The beam of his flashlight joined up over Raph's, illuminating a rusty metal door hanging open on one hinge. There wasn't much more to it then that: A narrow stairwell, a dark pit beyond, and water covering it all. Donnie remembered seeing this particular tunnel on an old sewer map once upon a time, and he had suspected that there'd be some swimming involved in their little quest to stop the flooding. But even so, he hadn't exactly counted on it looking so.... well...

“Creepy,”

It took Donnie a full two seconds to remember that April was standing right next to him.“I, uh- mean... I've seen scarier.”
Man. He really hoped she bought that. Hard to tell in the dark. All Donnie knew was that April had been far more enthusiastic at the prospect of venturing down an old, flooded subway tunnel then you would expect a human to be. It was impressive. Really impressive. Super impressive.
Was she amazing or what?
Oh, right, water...tunnels... Raph was saying something...
Or he was saying something. Something else was making a sound, far off at first, but growing louder and louder. The sound of splashing, like something moving through the water. A big something... Donnie turned, throwing his light out the way they;d came. And there, completely dwarfing the door with its sheer size, was one of the very last things Donnie every wanted to run into when taking a walk down a dark sewer tunnel.

"My friends!"

Oh no.... Nope, nope, nope, nope.
Now, Donnie didn't consider himself a coward. But there was something about Leatherhead and his freakish ability to fly off the handle at any given second that naturally made Donnie a little hesitant to be in the company of the massive reptile. The fact that Leatherhead had twice grabbed him by the face, made Donnie downright nervous.

“L-leatherhead!” Donnie's voice took on an embarrassing pitch. It was only by sheer force of will (And by his own code of “Don't look stupid in front of April”) that Donnie didn't make a beeline to hide behind Raph. He spent an awkward moment trying to fight off self preservation instead, eyes fixed on Leatherhead's massive hands. “What brings you t-to uh...t-this side of the sewer?"

Pleasedon'tgrabmyface,pleasedon'tgrabmyface,please don'tgrabmyface.

Preoccupied as Donnie was, he didn't notice the little red lights. They appeared from out of the maintenance stairwell, just one lone blink at first... It was difficult to see in the murkiness of the water, but as it drew closer to the surface, it became clearer- The silhouette of what looked like a fish, small fry washed up from the river, or so it seemed. Except for the light. A little red, blinking light, soon joined by another, and another, and another, until the little army of blinking fish swam off through the water. They followed the flow of the water, splitting where the water split, up and down the tunnels.

Some went harmlessly further up the sewer pipes.
The others, where swimming in the direction of the lair.

(So um. I should have warned you guys that sometimes I write a lot. I guess you might have figured that out on your own by now. I like to write. Sometimes I go overboard. >_> This is one of those cases. Don't worry, I never expect anyone to match my output)

Jester
03-09-2013, 10:47 PM
"Donnie...get offa me," Raphael grumbled. "It's just Leatherhead. You act like he's gonna..." then Raph realized why his brother was so shaken. "I won't let him get all face-huggy on ya. Has you're place been flooded to, big guy? Before Leatherhead could answer something else attracted Raph's attention. Hey...what are those?"

Out of the corner of his eye, Raphael caught a glimpse of the slight reddish glow. what started as one soon doubled, and doubled, and DOUBLED. Some were working their way up various run-offs, but others....

"Donnie, what are those things? Some of them loom the be headed back to the lair. We gotta tell Leo!"

LH
03-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Leatherhead spotted his friends up ahead. "My Friends!", he shouted. Leatherhead stopped in front of the group and smiled. Looking at Donatello, he could sense the great fear that he had of the large gator. The Turtles are the best friends.. the only friends that he has. His greatest fear is that in a fit of rage he seriously injures one of them.. or worse...

Leatherhead's smile quickly began to fade. "My friends, something is terribly wrong. My home is flooded, and it appears to be getting worse all over the sewers.". Leatherhead noticed his friends faces suddenly looked puzzled. "What is the matter?", he asked. Leatherhead turned to see what had his friends so confused. a large group of red lights were making their way through the sewer pipes towards the Turtles home! Leatherhead began to growl. "Kraang..", he said as his eyes began to shift to the shade of white that signaled all loss of control. Leatherhead looked at his friends faces, seeing the fear they had in their eyes. He put his hands on his head as his eyes shifted back to their normal state. "I am sorry! I did not mean to scare you all!". As Leatherhead took a deep breath, he watched as the mysterious lights continued to make their way through the sewers.

Lethal Lullaby
03-15-2013, 10:31 PM
April watched as Donatello hid behind Raphael and waved a hello to Leatherhead. Then she saw the reddish glow as well. "Oh boy." she said a bit concerned. Hopefully it wasn't too dangerous. Whatever it was.

BubblyShell22
03-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Leo continued to salvage whatever he could from the Lair. He really hoped the water would go down soon as he didn't want them to have to relocate from where they were. This home was so cool and had been their home for as long as he could remember.

"Perhaps we should take a break, Leonardo," Splinter suggested. "We have been working for a little while."

Leo nodded and sat down on the couch. "I just hope the guys get back soon," he said. "I'm worried about them."

"They will be fine, Leonardo," Splinter reassured him.

Suddenly, Leo noticed a faint glow coming toward the entrance to the Lair. "What the heck is that?" he asked.

TheSmartOne
03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
“Wait.”
Donnie reluctantly lowered his guard, logic winning out over face-grabbing anxiety.
“You said 'all' over the sewers. That's not possible.” But face-grab happy as Leatherhead was, he had no reason to lie about such a thing. “There are multiple runoffs for different tunnels. The only way the entire system could flood was if they were all clogged and the chances of that-”
The chances of that....
Donnie was suddenly struck by the sense that there was something very fishy about all of this. He really wasn't far off the mark. At Raph's prompting, he looked down.

“Whoah!”

The little lights flickered through the gloom of the dark water. There were almost too many to count. Without a word, Donnie reached for his bo staff. He soon had one of the mystery mechs out of the water, eyes locked on the twitching electrical mess he'd managed to impale on the end of his bo's hidden blade.

“Whoah!” Donnie said again, memorized by the delicate piece of technology. The red light continued to blink feebly as the little metal fish wriggled on it's pike. It was truly a testament to Donnie's focus that Leatherhead's sudden, angry roar at the sight of the mangled technology didn't send him running to hide behind Raphael. He was far too engrossed with the mechanical fish, picking apart what remained of it by sight alone.

“This doesn't look like Kra-....like you-know-who's technology.” Donnie said. Hey, he knew better then to go shouting Leatherhead's 'triggers'.
“But it looks like these toys belong to someone else we know. Don't you think they look familiar, Raph?” Donnie pointed at the blinking red light. “Looks like Baxter Stockman opted out for an infrared camera this time. Kind of pointless. You'd think someone as smart as him would realize that turtles are cold-blooded.”

The words were barely out of his mouth when Donnie suddenly realized that there were two people in the vicinity of the sewer who were, in fact, not cold-blooded, and who would most certainly show up on a heat sensitive camera. The first person was standing within three feet of him, one particularly curious mechanical fish swimming in a steady circle around her feet. It was soon joined by another, and another, until all the remaining mechanical fish had April more or less surrounded. A high pitched shriek rose up from the metal fish, resonating against the sewer walls. Donnie had to clamp both his hands over his ears.
“Quick! Smash them! They're sending out a signal!”

But there was another person the mechanical fish would easily find. Donnie was wrong to think that the flooded tunnels, and the mechanical fish equipped with heat-seeking cameras, was a plot to locate him and his brothers.
Heading right for the lair, the mechanical fish were meant to find Master Splinter.

Luigiperps
03-21-2013, 06:41 PM
(Can I be Doctor Rockwell/Monkey Brains, if I know how to fit it in?)

LH
04-08-2013, 11:36 AM
(You should try messaging TheSmartOne, she is in control of the character roster.)

"Arrrrrrggghhh" Leatherhead grunted as the loud noise rang through the sewers.

His eyes shifted into rage state.

Leatherhead started to crush the bots in a blind fury as they came his way.