PDA

View Full Version : Smarty's Non-TMNT stuff

TheSmartOne
03-20-2013, 10:59 PM
8D So I actually got some stuff finished for a character design class I've been taking and dfnahdfae I'm actually really damn surprised with how happy I am with the results so I'm going to shamelessly show off I thought you guys would like to get a peek!

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz109/puttinontheritz_bitz/ART/Azrael_Render_zpsb3791242.png

So this is my character Azrael, and he's quite special in the sense that he's been swimming around my head for a good 9, 10 years now (I was an...interesting kid, okay?). I've always had a very solid idea of his looks in the past, and this was a real interesting exercise in throwing most of that out the window and working from scratch. He's a reaper (one of many) and he's in charge of ferrying souls to the Styx. As to why he's dressed up like a failed gangster (I'mgladhe'sfictional,he'dkillmeforthat), it's to help him better blend in during instances where it's not possible to use the spirit plane to get around unseen. That and he doesn't have a very pretty face.

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz109/puttinontheritz_bitz/Az_Study_zpsdd32f598.png

Yeeeeah. Don't ask me what happened, he's not telling he's just mad he lost a nose in the redesign process.

I got about a week and a half to finish the other three paintings for the class showcase. I am gonna diiiiie. But in the event I don't, I'll post the stuff here...

On a random note, I guess this is as good a place as any to say I take commissions (Time permitting in my schedule, I run around a lot), and if anyone's interested, they can PM me ;)

Blossombrooks
03-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Really cool character Smarty! Nice job on the art, the eyes look right through you on that top piece :D

Lethal Lullaby
03-21-2013, 06:48 PM
I really like that top picture. :twink: Great job!

TheSmartOne
03-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys :D the eyes are definitely one thing that has not changed over the years. They've become even more important now that he goes around with his face covere all the time.
I also really like coloring eyes XD

Ulisses31
03-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Really great loving your style :)

TheCanadiandrome
03-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Awesome stuff