PDA

View Full Version : Oasis

RaphaelsIsolation
03-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Just wanted to start a thread on my favorite band. I can help questions or anything. I have some singles, all major releases in video and cd

Yeah I know there's wikipedia, but they don't know everything do they? lol

If anyone wants to get into this band just look up the song "Live Forever"

if you don't like that song, then you probably won't like Oasis.

Amazing band they broke up in 2009

Discogod
04-26-2013, 09:50 AM
There are few bands I hate more than Oasis. Just awful, derivative music, and the antics of that twat of a singer did more to hurt the image of the British than decades of Imperialism. About the only good thing I can say about them is that they're Man City supporters...

On the other hand, Noel's solo stuff (under the name "High Flying Birds) is brilliant stuff, and well worth a listen.

BubblyShell22
04-26-2013, 10:03 AM
The only song I remember by Oasis was "Wonder Wall." It was okay, but not spectacular.

Sewer Bull
05-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Funny thing, I've been listening to their stuff again recently.

Especially to "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?"

Mostly to nostalgic reasons I suppose, but I really dig that album.

discordiatookie
05-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Massive Oasis fan. Although nowadays I realise there's more to life and music, when I was younger they were all that mattered. Discovered when I was 13 or so, they really hit me where nothing else had before. My clothes, haircut, style and attitude completely changed. Hell, i've still got the moptop! Seen them live quite a few times (10+) and each time was something special.

NGHFB are amazing, wasn't a massive fan of the first Beady Eye album, however two songs i've heard from the second one have been pretty decent.

I'm getting married in august and our first dance is going to be Slide Away. We've also got the rings inscribed with "Together we'll fly" (from the same song).

Icebot
05-17-2013, 08:25 AM
I like Oasis. My favorite songs are Champagne Supernova and D' You Know What I Mean.

optimus_convoy
05-21-2013, 09:13 PM
love their 1st 3 albums - Definitely Maybe, Whats The Story Morning Glory, Be here Now...but the 2nd one is the true masterpiece...